PDA

View Full Version : My room Day/Night cycle bug.

LeoSan
Sep 17, 2012, 11:54 PM
Hello.
So my friends and I love the my room feature.
I specially liked the day/night phase that was present last month in the my room place, the lighting was amazing.
However after I put a gothic themed room to test it out, the room is stuck in night-time, without shadows even and flat lighting, this looks like this for every player joining the room.
I've remodelled it with other room types, added the left and right rooms, but the place will ramain in night time always.

What could be the issue? how can I fix it? did I touch an option to freeze time in the room?:-?

youcantcatchtheblue
Sep 18, 2012, 12:15 AM
Mine seems to be stuck at night-time as well...
well, at least for the 1 day premium ticket I used this weekend...
Maybe it's a bug right now.

LeoSan
Sep 18, 2012, 12:27 AM
Mine seems to be stuck at night-time as well...
well, at least for the 1 day premium ticket I used this weekend...
Maybe it's a bug right now.

I see, maybe it is a bug, I was wondering because the whole lighting effect was really good and suddenly it looks like this. I wasn't able to find anything in google so I posted the topic.

Sesheenku
Sep 18, 2012, 12:29 AM
Well forgive my ignorance on the matter but as it is a gothic themed room, could it being night at all times be part of the theme?

Mike
Sep 18, 2012, 01:42 AM
Come to think of it, I was idling in my room yesterday and it was always night. I use a regular theme so I don't think it's a problem with the gothic one.

Sephirah
Sep 18, 2012, 01:46 AM
Well forgive my ignorance on the matter but as it is a gothic themed room, could it being night at all times be part of the theme?

Exactly what I was thinking.

Chik'Tikka
Sep 18, 2012, 02:00 AM
maybe they (Segac) decided that since your inside a big dome on a spaceship, there is no sun to have daylight (just passing stars that aren't always there)+^_^+ but then again, why isn't shop area affected then??+^_^+ hmm.... the mystery....+^_^+

FacelessRed
Sep 18, 2012, 05:27 AM
maybe they (Segac) decided that since your inside a big dome on a spaceship, there is no sun to have daylight (just passing stars that aren't always there)+^_^+ but then again, why isn't shop area affected then??+^_^+ hmm.... the mystery....+^_^+

As semi accurate as that would be. A race of people as advanced as those in phantasy star, it's quite apparent that they synthesize sunlight.

But addressing the bug, If I could get passed the damn capcha to get AC i could test it out.. but nope ever since the hacker incidents I can't get passed it.

Razelis
Sep 18, 2012, 05:38 AM
inb4 day / night room tickets lololo!

Mike
Sep 18, 2012, 07:15 AM
I've been sitting in my room now for nearly an hour and no rising suns or anything, just night. Sent in a bug report for but who knows if it's actually a bug or just working like they want it to.

dablacksephiroth
Sep 18, 2012, 08:14 PM

Nup! Day time was once there.

[spoiler-box]http://imageshack.us/a/img443/8991/pso20120909002517004.png[/spoiler-box]

LeoSan
Sep 18, 2012, 10:58 PM
Come to think of it, I was idling in my room yesterday and it was always night. I use a regular theme so I don't think it's a problem with the gothic one.

yes actually that was what I thought at first. But I remodelled my room again with standard theming and the "night only" bug is still there.

Someone mentioned it might be a feature because SPACE. But I mean if it is, the lighting is really bad anyway, there are no shadows or anything it's almost fullbright.

When the day night cycle happened, it looked really sweet with dynamic sun lighting and all that. It was really amusing.

LeoSan
Sep 24, 2012, 10:13 PM
Any word in this after the current patches? My room ticket expired and I don't know what's going on currently with this, so yeah, curiosity.

Sirius-91
Sep 25, 2012, 07:02 AM
Wouldn't make any sense to have perpetual darkness when the ARKS ship is seen orbiting a planet near a star. Especially on the lower levels, (i.e. shopping district) there is a star there.

Coatl
Sep 25, 2012, 07:54 AM
We are going through the dark ages phase II. :c
NO PHOTON LIGHT!!

NoiseHERO
Sep 25, 2012, 07:58 AM
But day time is fugly.

lock it at sunset plox.

Mike
Sep 25, 2012, 08:49 AM
There's been nothing on the site about this. Kind of makes me think we're heading in this direction:

inb4 day / night room tickets lololo!

LeoSan
Oct 11, 2012, 06:57 PM
they put day night cycle back, it is bugged in some instances where not every wall casts shadows and some glitches appear, such as seeing the shadow of the items from the other room trough the wall.
It's a beautiful scenery nevertheless.

Mike
Oct 11, 2012, 07:08 PM
they put day night cycle back, it is bugged in some instances where not every wall casts shadows and some glitches appear, such as seeing the shadow of the items from the other room trough the wall.
It's a beautiful scenery nevertheless.
Good to hear it's back. I haven't been back in to my room since the latest update because of CO grinding but I'll have to check it out tonight.

Engeline
Oct 11, 2012, 07:40 PM
Is anyone else having an issue with the lighting in the shop area? I've noticed when I go into the make-over shop, and come out, it turns into like some kind of night time thing.

Rien
Oct 11, 2012, 08:25 PM
I use the space backdrop, so I don't get any problems with this.

ZER0 DX
Oct 11, 2012, 10:24 PM
Is anyone else having an issue with the lighting in the shop area? I've noticed when I go into the make-over shop, and come out, it turns into like some kind of night time thing.

I believe that's supposed to happen randomly, it was in the update video when they showed the event lobby.

I kinda wish it would do the night time lobby more often, looks really nice that way.

LeoSan
Oct 11, 2012, 11:40 PM
I believe that's supposed to happen randomly, it was in the update video when they showed the event lobby.

I kinda wish it would do the night time lobby more often, looks really nice that way.

yeah it's a cool little thing.
the day/night cycle things are perfect for these "always running online living worlds" in my opinion