PDA

View Full Version : x-x;; Duo - Naberius Time Attack: Hard Mode (11:00 & Brief)

dablacksephiroth
Sep 22, 2012, 03:49 PM
We'd just like to encourage a couple more people to shake off your fears of joining others or starting up your very own Time Attack runs.

My lack of willing players is abominable. As convenient as it is to have been able to knock this out with just the 2 of us, please... to the part of the English community that find themselves shying away when opportunity rises, try to build up the courage to get involved and volunteer!

We all have to learn at some point~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdMHRBAeyQg

To those whom have thus far been unwilling, may I ask... What turns YOU off from Time Attack mode?

***My Tutorials should be up before Tuesday, I hope***

goldwing
Sep 22, 2012, 03:54 PM
Id love to join u in ur time runs. Send me a friend request both here and in game and we can cordenate something

BIG OLAF
Sep 22, 2012, 03:56 PM
To those whom have thus far been unwilling, may I ask... What turns YOU off from Time Attack mode?

I dislike being timed for anything. I play games to relax and have fun, and doing speed runs through something that leave minimal, if any, room for error to get a 'good' time is too stress-inducing and simply not fun for me. It makes me nervous, and sometimes even physically ill (head/stomach ache).

That, and I'd rather not have people complain and tell me I suck/am a noob if I screw up somehow. So, I avoid the TA missions.

Gardios
Sep 22, 2012, 04:00 PM
Only reason I haven't done time attack yet is because I'm afraid I'd slow people down... that and I like taking my time. =/

jiasu73
Sep 22, 2012, 04:06 PM
i usually do this daily for meseta from the CO's with my teamates. (175k meseta or somewhere around that reward in 30min-1hr depending on party). It is a daily, CO with a nice reward and a nice change of pace if you usually MPA/boss rush all the time. I find this type of mission fun and recommend it to others if they have not tried it yet.

Slidikins

Mostly people to play with. I have a few teammates who want to start trying the runs but for the most part we're people who play for fun. Most people I talk to here don't roleplay in the slightest and just char-opt as much as possible. So... in short, Time Attack attracts the players I dislike partying with.

But I will try it with friends soon.

Dammy
I dislike being timed for anything. I play games to relax and have fun, and doing speed runs through something that leave minimal, if any, room for error to get a 'good' time is too stress-inducing and simply not fun for me. It makes me nervous, and sometimes even physically ill (head/stomach ache).

That, and I'd rather not have people complain and tell me I suck/am a noob if I screw up somehow. So, I avoid the TA missions.

same for me here
at least you have a balls to say that

Z-0
I wouldn't worry about slowing people down. The TA quests are pretty easy to S-Rank 2P; me and my friend have done sub-10 Naberius TA and 16 minute Lilipa TA (forgot exact times, was a bit ago) as FOnewearl / RAcaseal.

For the majority of people, I expected that the main reason for not TA'ing was simply because MPAs are "more rewarding". Kind of surprising.

jooozek
Sep 22, 2012, 04:09 PM
No Ghosts/Replays.

Squire Grooktook
Sep 22, 2012, 04:11 PM
I love doing them with friends.

When I'm solo, I tend to focus more on completing client orders/matter board/etc that's been piling up rather then join random games.

Mystil
Sep 22, 2012, 05:28 PM
It's fun trying to figure out how to access certain areas. But I have a thing about being timed:

We have at least one thing in common.

pikachief
Sep 22, 2012, 06:47 PM
I have no one to play them with :(

dablacksephiroth
Sep 22, 2012, 06:53 PM
Thank you all very much for your feedback. These are all helping me in better organizing my wording in an introductory tutorial.

I've suspected a few of yours reasons for a good while, mostly due to experience. I do remember myself being like a couple of you. I guess it wasn't until that one 'cool' group gave me (a newb, badly geared, but willing to learn) a shot and we won was when I first became swooned to the mode.

I do remember the kinds of people I couldn't stand being around were the main persons attracted to such modes. Those elitists folks soon step down when they find everybody and their mama is now achieving what they achieve.

I want to say it's easy like some, but playstyles can't be spoken for for all. But what IS true, though, you don't have to be THAT strong just to win in the Normal modes in a duo. Phantasy Star time attacks tend to more focus on acknowledgement of shortcuts and coordinating them than player's damage output.

This will be difficult... very difficult, but I hope when I do get this Tutorial out, a few minds can be changed and we can welcome more into the mode, rather than roll their eyes when news comes there's a new map for it coming.

Z-0
Sep 22, 2012, 07:26 PM
Amduscia TA this Wednesday!

Hopefully it's as fun as the other two. Personally wish there were more of these quests, but what can we do? All I know is that attribute grinding for it is going to be a pain considering there's so many different elements in it.

Arika
Sep 22, 2012, 11:42 PM
i usually do this daily for meseta from the CO's with my teamates. (175k meseta or somewhere around that reward in 30min-1hr depending on party). It is a daily, CO with a nice reward and a nice change of pace if you usually MPA/boss rush all the time. I find this type of mission fun and recommend it to others if they have not tried it yet.

Well you should bring more different people to TA with you. that will encourage them to make their own pt later:p

gigawuts
Sep 23, 2012, 12:19 AM
I like not taking them seriously. Just like PSO1, the challenge is in figuring them out our own ways. So you didn't get an S-Rank. So what? Try again, if you like. Don't if you don't like.

Find a team that's all on the same page about how to approach it. If at the end of the day you still don't have an S Rank, you still spent the day doing stuff and trying to figure something out.

And about that...I could go with a tip. The tundra shortcut - any hints?

Dammy
Sep 23, 2012, 02:16 AM
Well you should bring more different people to TA with you. that will encourage them to make their own pt later:p

yeah, i still need to finish desert mission CO at least once

Shadowth117
Sep 23, 2012, 02:31 AM
Definitely a lack of people willing to do any time attacking/rankings in general. Most people seem to not care or not be interested in the first place. The fact that 4 man teams are a must for actual rankings and that both TA missions are intentionally designed for 4 person runs are frustrating for me as well. Its also somewhat of a problem that teams must include a ranger.

Depending on things, gear can definitely matter in this as well. A lot does come down to how you play, but 2 hits on an enemy to kill as opposed to 3 hits ends up making a big difference.

I enjoy it, but than I'm one of those people who likes to min max and such for these things. At one point I had considered making a tutorial video as well, but after seeing so many players with just such a general lack of interest it made me reconsider.

But meh, my Player ID is the same as my Username here if you feel like trying something.

Chik'Tikka
Sep 23, 2012, 02:45 AM
the few times i try to join a time attack mission, there usually isn't anyone playing, and if there are, they have all been password protected so far+^_^+

Wayu
Sep 23, 2012, 02:54 AM
[SPOILER-BOX]http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=2192&pictureid=31338[/SPOILER-BOX]

8D

Old pic but yeah. If you ever see me on I'd show anyone the basics of TA.

I won't be on much though so yeah.

-Wayu

Coatl
Sep 23, 2012, 03:04 AM
A tutorial would be nice.
Maybe I'd get my team more into those.
Because, you know, not everyone is into farming MPs for hours at a time for profit..

Shadowth117
Sep 23, 2012, 03:09 AM
A tutorial would be nice.
Maybe I'd get my team more into those.
Because, you know, not everyone is into farming MPs for hours at a time for profit..

Well, Time Attacking is unfortunately hardly something I'd call profitable, but meh. Perhaps I can arrange for a multi view recording of one of my team's runs for this. No guarantees though.

Coatl
Sep 23, 2012, 03:13 AM
But some people just hate farming in MPs.
TA seems like a nice alternative. Not a big one, but it's still there.

lostinseganet
Sep 23, 2012, 05:10 AM
We'd just like to encourage a couple more people to shake off your fears of joining others or starting up your very own Time Attack runs.

My lack of willing players is abominable. As convenient as it is to have been able to knock this out with just the 2 of us, please... to the part of the English community that find themselves shying away when opportunity rises, try to build up the courage to get involved and volunteer!

We all have to learn at some point~

11:00 Duo Naberius Time Attack: Hard Mode (Brief version) - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdMHRBAeyQg)

***My Tutorials should be up before Tuesday, I hope***I play for the inbetween moments. The journey not the destination. In time attack you need to do the exact opposite.

gigawuts
Sep 23, 2012, 05:17 AM
I don't want guides, just a tip for the tundra shortcut. I already know about the forest shortcut, and it does save some time.

sexyslut
Sep 23, 2012, 05:40 AM
I know all the shortcuts thx to PooKiee and Traye <3.

:3

And soon i'll have more t-atk than u Neo. =P

My team has too many ppl to TA with lol. :/ I'm trying to teach every1 the basics but I end up leaving ppl out sometimes. :C

But yah I dont get why every1 does interrupt ranking. I just do TA's for meseta lol.

Z-0
Sep 23, 2012, 05:48 AM
With no shop, the time taken to do the TA COs will give you more meseta than if you farmed MPAs, although if you have a shop, it's probably the other way around.

If you have more characters also, you can get more meseta, but that's if people are willing to do it, which is not often the case.

As for Tundra:

There are five switches in Tundra at A5, B5, A4, C4 and C3 (watch these co-ordinates be TOTALLY WRONG; correct me if they are, I never bothered learning them). There's a few ways to go about getting them, depending on your firepower / number of players.

Let's say you're playing 4 Players:

From the start, one player should head left through the yellow gate, and one player should head right through the orange gate.

The player who goes through the orange gate should run to the end, get the switch which opens the red barrier, kill the 4 Yetis and then wait for a teleport. After the teleport does appear, kill the 2 Malmoths and get a switch which is near them.

The player who goes through the yellow gate needs to kill the two rooms (4 Gulfs in the first, Fangulf and 2 Gulfs in the second). In each room there is a safety switch which has to be pressed; they're hidden under snow mounds, so make sure you look around (the one in the first room is in the cave, and the one in the second room is at the back on the right). After getting the second switch, wait for a warp to appear. After this, warp, kill the 4 Yedes and get the switch there.

Back the switches / pond, enemies should've spawned when the player went through the orange gate. This pond needs to be cleared, as it activates the teleporters at the end of the sidepaths. After clearing the pond, head northwards, kill the Garongo and 4 Gulfs, and press the switch there.

After pressing all five switches, the Mammoth bypass activates; head west at B3 instead of north, and just run to the end (ignore the Yedes).

---

If you have less than four players, it's recommend the person who goes through the orange gate walks back, and assists with the pond enemies. You can walk to the switch where the 2 Malmoths are, it's just faster if a person waits at the end of the eastern path.

---

This has kind of become a guide, but the Tundra shortcut requires a lot of work, so to speak.

Rien
Sep 24, 2012, 03:21 AM
I want some goddamn meseta. I mean a lot. I've been saving since open beta, but all I have is approximately 2.8 million right now.

Turns out TAs are meant to be the solution.

Yet, despite being on ship 2, there's only one other player I ever play with. Everyone else on my friendlist is generally busy when I try to contact them.

Therefore, TA S-ranks are impossible. Especially because I tend to have a low framerate at times.

That and I live in GMT+8, a time where no english people are around to help. Asking Japanese bystanders yields nothing.

In fact, I've been weary about asking here on PSO-World, especially with the elitist mindset a lot of the people here come with.

What can I do?

Acel
Sep 24, 2012, 03:25 AM
I love Time Attacks.
Why dont YOU come to Ship 8? Im already playing 2 accounts for all the friend reward badges so going to your Ship is a nuh uh.

Rien
Sep 24, 2012, 03:27 AM
I don't see a reason to re-starting on a new ship/paying for ship change right now.

Arika
Sep 24, 2012, 07:25 AM
I want some goddamn meseta. I mean a lot. I've been saving since open beta, but all I have is approximately 2.8 million right now.

Turns out TAs are meant to be the solution.

Yet, despite being on ship 2, there's only one other player I ever play with. Everyone else on my friendlist is generally busy when I try to contact them.

Therefore, TA S-ranks are impossible. Especially because I tend to have a low framerate at times.

That and I live in GMT+8, a time where no english people are around to help. Asking Japanese bystanders yields nothing.

In fact, I've been weary about asking here on PSO-World, especially with the elitist mindset a lot of the people here come with.

What can I do?

Where are you from. Seem you are from Asian too then. Since you are only 1 hour different to to me

iTz PooKiie xx
Sep 24, 2012, 08:50 AM
Attacking the time is fun ;] but frustrating D:

Crysteon
Sep 24, 2012, 09:32 AM
Attacking the time is fun ;] but frustrating D:

It's only becomes frustrating when other party members commit mistakes so often and on the same thing over and over. Isolating that, it's fun overall.

Ryo
Sep 24, 2012, 09:49 AM
I'd love to join a team. I'm going to get Fighter to 40 first though, as I'm sick of switching back and forth.

Stormwalker
Sep 24, 2012, 10:06 AM
I'd love to join a team. I'm going to get Fighter to 40 first though, as I'm sick of switching back and forth.

This is pretty much me.

I want to do time attack, and one of my friends is also interested. But I want to get Fighter to 40 first.

Z-0
Sep 24, 2012, 10:09 AM
Mostly frustrating TA'ing with Pookie. :/ He's such a noob, he does stuff like die from Mines bombs, honestly (and obviously he's doing the solo path so we lose ALL OUR TIME). But at least he's not like 521, who hits lasers over and over and over again, then jumps on the Green switch in mines so we can't use the catapult.

/ci7

Also when it comes to real Time Attack (as in, actually trying to get top times), lots of Fighters isn't going to be helpful. One or two, maybe. It wouldn't be a problem if you're just going for the TACOs, though.

Slidikins
Sep 24, 2012, 10:13 AM
Mostly frustrating TA'ing with Pookie. :/ He's such a noob, he does stuff like die from Mines bombs, honestly (and obviously he's doing the solo path so we lose ALL OUR TIME). But at least he's not like 521, who hits lasers over and over and over again, then jumps on the Green switch in mines so we can't use the catapult.This is mostly why I don't play Time Attack. granted, I don't die from mines and bombs... hell, i don't die that often at 40 at all, but it does happen, and I don't want to feel that someone, somewhere is raging because of a mishap. I want to have fun while playing TA. Death happens. :(

On that note, what do you get for a good time in TA? I understood the frustration in Challenge Mode because there were S-rank items involved, but if it's just money or something here, why so serious?

Z-0
Sep 24, 2012, 10:17 AM
Haha, most people I Time Attack with never "rage" at people for making mistakes. We just laugh it off and continue on our way. xD I was just joking since I know Pookie Face.

Right now, the reward for Time Attacking are the Kuroto COs, which give 175K meseta per character each day for doing them. Let's also note there's a new TA quest coming out this Wednesday, so we could get more providing they don't nerf his COs.

Slidikins
Sep 24, 2012, 10:29 AM
Haha, most people I Time Attack with never "rage" at people for making mistakes. We just laugh it off and continue on our way. xD I was just joking since I know Pookie Face.I figured it was in jest because Pookie posted right up there (which means you probably know each other), but things like that are part of the reason I haven't dived in.

Right now, the reward for Time Attacking are the Kuroto COs, which give 175K meseta per character each day for doing them. Let's also note there's a new TA quest coming out this Wednesday, so we could get more providing they don't nerf his COs.Notbad.jpg
I could definitely get behind a run or two a day for that...

Stormwalker
Sep 24, 2012, 11:03 AM
Also when it comes to real Time Attack (as in, actually trying to get top times), lots of Fighters isn't going to be helpful. One or two, maybe. It wouldn't be a problem if you're just going for the TACOs, though.

Well, the friend I would be duo-ing it with plays a Force, so I would think Fighter/Force would be an OK duo? And I'm not really interested in competing for top times, I just want to have fun with it and maybe make some meseta.

I tend to compete against my own best time in something like that more than I do against others'. I am competitive enough to want to keep improving, but I know I'm not willing to put in the time to be the very best.

Eternal255
Sep 24, 2012, 11:16 AM
Is there a guide through the time attack missions somewhere?

Me and a couple team mates attempted running one of the time attacks (it was the first time running it for the three of us) and it took us 53 minutes cuz we had no idea what we were doing. We also thought we'd be fighting the fang banther but turned out we had to fight the snow one instead...

I'd love to run it more but there's no one on ship 9 that ever does. Same with interrupts, honestly, especially if they involve the time attack, its always the same 2-4 people that win every one cuz no one else bothers.

Shadowth117
Sep 24, 2012, 12:28 PM
Is there a guide through the time attack missions somewhere?

Me and a couple team mates attempted running one of the time attacks (it was the first time running it for the three of us) and it took us 53 minutes cuz we had no idea what we were doing. We also thought we'd be fighting the fang banther but turned out we had to fight the snow one instead...

I'd love to run it more but there's no one on ship 9 that ever does. Same with interrupts, honestly, especially if they involve the time attack, its always the same 2-4 people that win every one cuz no one else bothers.

No English guide I know of...

Essentially, this is from the beginning for Naberius, assuming 4 people. Note that some shortcuts will NOT work with less.

Two players, run forward and hit buttons to open gates for other two players. Other two run in and hit buttons behind said gates which opens the big gate to the next area.

In this place, you will need to kill a few spawns of enemies in order to open their respective teleporters (ie, killing agnises opens agnis tele, etc. Looking from start, Agnis is top tele, wolves are bottom, udans are top left, and zaudans are top right). Its fastest if each player takes their own teleporter. After everyone clears their area, the gate around the teleporter on top of the center rock in each person's area will disappear.

Two people should go back through as soon as they go through this teleporter and go back through what were the top right and top left teles when facing the other direction. They will need to destroy all the grass to spawn a button on their side which they must then hit (YES spawn, you can't just walk into the grass and hit it) to open the rock bear side gates. Other two players should have gone forward avoiding traps as best possible and ignoring enemies. If everything is done right, they will be able to go through the sides of the rockbear gate and fight him. Other two players should come to finish the rockbear before everyone continues to Area 2.

From here, you'll want one person to take the first left path, one to take the first right path, and two to deal with buttons. I'll explain each separately.

Bottom Left path: After the first gate is opened, go through and kill all enemies. Head to the left and activate the switch under the snow drift in the alcove. Let button players know to activate the dark blue one. Head through and kill enemies (I think there's enemies there? Haven't done in a while) before activating the switch under the snow drift on the far right. A teleporter should spawn nearby in this back area once a button presser clears out the nab rappy spawns.

Proceed through the teleporter and kill enemies. Activate the switch nearby switch (don't recall exact location) and proceed across the chasm and past the yedis to the jump pad on the left.

Right path: Proceed through as gates are deactivated ignoring enemies on the way. Kill enemies in last area, hit the nearby switch under the snow drift, and go through the teleporter when the button presser kills all the nab rappy spawns. Proceed through, kill the two mammoths, and hit the nearby switch. keep going to the jump pad on directly ahead of you (not the one on the right from your perspective that leads to big mammoths).

Right path button presser: Press Orange, light blue, green, and purple buttons as needed. When done, possibly help left button presser a little with spawns before going towards the garongo/wolf spawn and destroy it. Hit the switch and and go across the jump pad to the west before heading north and going to the northwest teleporter.

Left path button presser (This person should have ranged attacks ideally!): Hit the yellow button and wait by the dark blue one once your friend is past the yellow gate. The enemies you need to kill now will be allowed to spawn depending on the progress of the person on the right path. Hit the the dark blue button while fighting these as needed for bottom left path player.

First, two yedis will spawn by yellow gate. Kill these and mammoths will rise up near orange gate and near yellow. Next, nab rappies will spawn. Two of these will spawn in each of the four spots. They also spawn fast enough that certain attacks, if they kill the rappy, will also damage spawning rappies. (ex. second rafoie to kill a rappy will hit the next rappy meaning you only have to hit that one once). After killing these, teleporters for the players on the left and right paths will open. Proceed north to help the other button presser with garongo spawn and follow them from there.

Meet up: Now that the jump pad is activated, everyone should go across it. Ignore yedis and proceed to jump pad. Go across that and hit the next jump pad. Go right, go to the teleporter, and go right to Area 3. Fight banther, and you're done.

Edit: Hopefully that helps people.

Z-0
Sep 24, 2012, 12:48 PM
Some additions:

The warps which send you to the rockbear bypass will only send you there after the first rock on the rock path has been destroyed. If you're playing 2 Players, make sure that this rock is destroyed before anyone warps (otherwise you'll go back to the loop).

Also, for Tundra, the pond enemies spawn as soon as the orange gate is opened (providing someone is hugging it at the time). For this, you'll want to kill the Yedes before camping blue button, as you won't be able to hit the back Yede if right next to the blue button. Malmoths and Rappies can be sniped from the button I believe (except perhaps the rappies around the wall).

I could do videos for both TA quests (and Amduscia once the TA population learns it), if anyone wishes to see how it's done (providing there aren't any real runs on Youtube; fumi fumi's 3:59 was done before the skipping fix)

Rien
Sep 24, 2012, 10:44 PM
I've seen videos proving that two-person-time-attack S-ranks are possible. However, these people have yet to do tutorial videos (specifically looking for one vid for each person in the pair).

If someone is going to do TA tutorials, I'd like for an addition of this if possible.

Eternal255
Sep 25, 2012, 10:03 AM
I could do videos for both TA quests (and Amduscia once the TA population learns it), if anyone wishes to see how it's done (providing there aren't any real runs on Youtube; fumi fumi's 3:59 was done before the skipping fix)

Thanks for the guide Shadowth

And Z-0 that would be awesome if you could. I really wanna run them becuz there is only ever one person/group on my ship that ever runs them for the interrupt and always wins (he's gotten some ridiculous times that i dont see myself beating). But since top ten gets fun points its a win either way.