PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 Newbie Guide?

himegoto
Sep 23, 2012, 06:01 AM
Hey there, my first post here.

So I took some time reading this forum and the guides forum and still find myself having some questions.
I havent got into the game yet, the patching just gave me an error. Shit. Well a chance to get more basics down before going in game.

I saw the players spreadsheet. Thats cool and all but which server is everyone playing?
And I am a perfection kind of guy and always want to ace my builds... I know thats not really possible the games just been out a while so any links for beginners build guides? (The "guides" from the guides forum were more like discussion to me.. Seems like many have been playing since closed beta?)
Also been wondering is the general consensus to use human for fighters, newman for magic, robots for rangers etc. I kinda want a newman ranger.

Thats all I can think of at the moment. Thanks.:-)

valmont
Sep 23, 2012, 06:33 AM
hi..
try checking ricardo's awesome bumped.org/psublog/
we only given 1 character slot per id, but we can remake (delete the old one, create a new one) it as much as we want!
the majority of english player is on ship 2..
TenebriS have a newbie group, you can pm him if you want.. he's a nice guy..
my advice is, after creating the character and passing the tutorial, you can change your class freely..
try each one to find the one fits you most..
XD

Bigsten
Sep 23, 2012, 08:25 AM
There's a lot of english speaking players on ship 10 as well, bumped.org/psublog is the daddy of player guides.

Shirokami
Sep 23, 2012, 12:02 PM
Ship 2 Block 20.
You'll find many people there.

Zekester
Sep 23, 2012, 12:16 PM
Here is probably the most informed guide you can use to the utmost advantage:

http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-guide-list/

Ships 2 and Ship 10 have the majority of English speaking players. Choose whichever you want.

As for your race character, choose which you feel the most you will find enjoyment in.
One thing about PSO2 is that you can change your character's class anytime you wish, except for race.

himegoto
Sep 26, 2012, 08:50 AM
Hey thanks for the help guys
So I just made my character "Salmon Baby" shes a human ranger, on ship 2
Dont know what the hell I am doing yet, hope to be seeing some of you folks in game :)

btw quick question.. How do I choose block 20 and any pointers for a human ranger class? Thanks

himegoto
Sep 27, 2012, 05:08 AM
Another few newbie questions I havent come across in the guides yet.

- When feeding mags, should I always feed it with weapons with "stat modifiers" and does that further boost said stats (dex/range attack etc)?
- I used those magic art "discs" on my human ranger. So she learned them alright, equipped them in the quick bar. Cant use it? Is it only available to the mage class.......? (Why gave me the choice to learn it though)
- So far I've only been selling all my loots to the store. At lvl 10 I got 45K. Feels like a rich dirty bastard already when should I start using the "grind" system? I still havent come across that gay grind guy anywhere though.
- No penalties at all if died in battle?
- Why are people buying new char slots when we can change classes...................

That'd be all for now, thanks :)

blace
Sep 27, 2012, 05:18 AM
-Stat bonuses on weapons don't add to anything when fed to a mag, it's better to feed it weapons of higher rarity up to 5 star rarity.
-Technics are Force and Techer only, they're there in case you want to switch out class types later.
-Anytime you feel you have adequate equipment, usually rares that are bound to your character. As for Doo Doo(I kid you not, that is his name) he's in the other end of the ship in the shopping district, he's the guy in the pink suit. To get there, look for the big orange elevator like tubes, those take you to the shopping area along with this seasons decoration.
-If you go back to the campship you lose some points towards the mission resulting in an A or lower rank.
-Who knows? I have multiple accounts for such a thing and it didn't cost me a dime.

Sesheenku
Sep 27, 2012, 05:39 AM
Another few newbie questions I havent come across in the guides yet.

- When feeding mags, should I always feed it with weapons with "stat modifiers" and does that further boost said stats (dex/range attack etc)?
- I used those magic art "discs" on my human ranger. So she learned them alright, equipped them in the quick bar. Cant use it? Is it only available to the mage class.......? (Why gave me the choice to learn it though)
- So far I've only been selling all my loots to the store. At lvl 10 I got 45K. Feels like a rich dirty bastard already when should I start using the "grind" system? I still havent come across that gay grind guy anywhere though.
- No penalties at all if died in battle?
- Why are people buying new char slots when we can change classes...................

That'd be all for now, thanks :)

Just gonna answer the last one seeing as the rest were answered, simply for the luxury of having a character that looks different than your other character without changing the look of the first character.

You might say well why do that when you can just make new accounts? Well sir I assume having several characters on one account would allow you to share their storage a lovely perk that free players do not get.

It's minor restrictions thankfully but just enough to get people to pay up!

Sega is mercifully doing their F2P model VERY nicely.

himegoto
Sep 27, 2012, 06:06 AM
Thanks to the prompt replies :)
Another thing is do I HAVE to complete the early orders to unlock more orders/clients?
For some orders I'm just stuck for example the Jean order here about using the visiphone to perform an Ark or player search http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-open-beta-client-orders/
It simply doesnt complete. I did that thing but it's... bugged?

Anywho I'll not make this a habit but been stuck at this for the last half hour...