PDA

View Full Version : I'm convinced that Capture E-trials are impossible to solo.

Punisher106
Sep 25, 2012, 11:45 AM
I was in the desert, soloing and what have you, not a soul in sight. I'm in the middle of taking out some Signo Guns, when suddenly, a gigantic red ball appears, and Meilitta flips out. A Ragne has spawned. Oh boy. I was struggling enough with the damn two-legged tank cannons, so I ran behind a rock and watched the overgrown cricket take out what I was fighting. I then ran in and started to Rafoie the hell out of the Ragne. I managed to whittle enough health away for it to really spam those disc projectiles, and soon enough, Meilitta appears again! I instantly react with something along the lines of "No, Meilitta! I want to KILL it! Not Capture it!" I then decided to accept her order, and lured it all the way to the ring. Once it stepped in, about 5 El Ahdas appeared, and started to attack. I ran for the Terminal, and starting mashing the E key like mad, while these mobs were beating me up. Right before the meter fills up, the Ragne steps out of the ring, I lure him back, heal up, and go back to mashing that damn terminal. Again, the friggin' bug steps out! I bring it in one more time, and go back to mashing on the terminal, while those El Ahdas really gave it their all. Suddenly, "FAILED". WHAT. God damn bug! Just stay still! And to add insult to injury, a Lillipan E-trial appears, and the Ragne makes quick work of them! UUUGH.

Sephirah
Sep 25, 2012, 11:48 AM
I was in the desert, soloing and what have you, not a soul in sight. I'm in the middle of taking out some Signo Guns, when suddenly, a gigantic red ball appears, and Meilitta flips out. A Ragne has spawned. Oh boy. I was struggling enough with the damn two-legged tank cannons, so I ran behind a rock and watched the overgrown cricket take out what I was fighting. I then ran in and started to Rafoie the hell out of the Ragne. I managed to whittle enough health away for it to really spam those disc projectiles, and soon enough, Meilitta appears again! I instantly react with something along the lines of "No, Meilitta! I want to KILL it! Not Capture it!" I then decided to accept her order, and lured it all the way to the ring. Once it stepped in, about 5 El Ahdas appeared, and started to attack. I ran for the Terminal, and starting mashing the E key like mad, while these mobs were beating me up. Right before the meter fills up, the Ragne steps out of the ring, I lure him back, heal up, and go back to mashing that damn terminal. Again, the friggin' bug steps out! I bring it in one more time, and go back to mashing on the terminal, while those El Ahdas really gave it their all. Suddenly, "FAILED". WHAT. God damn bug! Just stay still! And to add insult to injury, a Lillipan E-trial appears, and the Ragne makes quick work of them! UUUGH.

Sorry to hear that, but it's totally solo-able.

Crysteon
Sep 25, 2012, 11:49 AM
Capture a Tranmizer or Caterdran alone...the love to stay still, lol. BEST.CAPTURE.EVER

That's why I dont bother with Capture codes if the MPA is empty, I just kill the thing instead.

jooozek
Sep 25, 2012, 11:50 AM
IIRC you don't need to even use the console, it just speeds up the process - the capture should start the second the boss enters the capture zone, you just need to keep it inside.

BIG OLAF
Sep 25, 2012, 11:53 AM
It's easy with bots, but I've never tried completely by myself.

Slidikins
Sep 25, 2012, 11:56 AM
Capture a Tranmizer or Caterdran alone...the love to stay still, lol. BEST.CAPTURE.EVERStay still? Tranmizer goes out of his way to get stuck in some sort of ditch just so you have no chance at winning. Gods help you if you get a Mizer capture in the tunnels...

Pirrip
Sep 25, 2012, 11:57 AM
I have to agree that it's possible to solo the caterdran capture trial. Although I would be willing to accept that it may be easier with some classes than others.

NoiseHERO
Sep 25, 2012, 12:04 PM
It's possible?????????

/only ever gets them with catadragaogn and trannymizer, they never stay still, the machine NEVER starts up, says fuckit and just kills them.

Once tranzmizer even got stuck in a narrow passage... and a whole MPA of players(JP players) just said fuckit and killed him.

bad monster choice for that code is bad.

Crysteon
Sep 25, 2012, 12:09 PM
Stay still? Tranmizer goes out of his way to get stuck in some sort of ditch just so you have no chance at winning. Gods help you if you get a Mizer capture in the tunnels...

I was being sarcastic, you know....

Coatl
Sep 25, 2012, 12:11 PM
The worst part is the exp reward for the trial is terrible..
Challenging, and annoying given the wrong location + boss, emergency mission..but it's just not worth the exp.

Slidikins
Sep 25, 2012, 12:14 PM
I was being sarcastic, you know....I know. I just wished it stayed still. Staying still would be better than what Mizer does currently. He isn't even remotely concerned with the players when he's a capture target.

Crysteon
Sep 25, 2012, 12:18 PM
The worst part is the exp reward for the trial is terrible..
Challenging, and annoying given the wrong location + boss, emergency mission..but it's just not worth the exp.

And...in the other end....both Avoid codes are way easier to handle and give really good exp and rewards (especially the rare bulb avoiding one, lol)

ScottyMango
Sep 25, 2012, 12:21 PM
I've never had any trouble with captures, aside from one time Tranmizer got stuck between some rocks in the desert..

Also, I lol'd at overgrown cricket.

Jakosifer
Sep 25, 2012, 12:23 PM
I managed to capture a jumpy ass Vol Dragon solo earlier this morning. Couldn't do the same with Ragne, so I got frustrated and killed it instead. Did the same to kawaii accordian dragon too, cuz that's just fucking annoying. Change over capture is the worst, especially if you've been fighting for a while and it pops up when the boss has 10 HP left

Crimson Exile
Sep 25, 2012, 12:26 PM
If you cant capture it, Kill it!

Vashyron
Sep 25, 2012, 12:26 PM
When a "instant" code capture shows up solo I see it as a potential fast boss kill rather than some aggravating task, though the ones that end up being change overs to something that is probably nearly dead are quite eh for the reward.

Dan Maku
Sep 25, 2012, 01:26 PM
I managed to solo a Code: Capture with a Rockbear. It's not easy, though: you have to coax it into attacking, missing, and falling over, so you can't do it when it's in rage mode, and when it's knocked down, you have only a couple moments to capture them.

blace
Sep 25, 2012, 01:30 PM
I managed to solo a Code: Capture with a Rockbear. It's not easy, though: you have to coax it into attacking, missing, and falling over, so you can't do it when it's in rage mode, and when it's knocked down, you have only a couple moments to capture them.

I tried to do the same as force a while back, the Rockbear just wouldn't stop moving. The worst of all was that the capture point was a few areas away. Trying to lure the thing over to it, it would just body slam me to death.

FenixStryk
Sep 25, 2012, 01:47 PM
Forces have a somewhat easier time capturing Rockbear / Caterdragon / Mizer now that they have Sazan to vacuum them inside the capture zone. It's not easy, but it's not impossible either.

Galax
Sep 25, 2012, 02:16 PM
I don't mind capture codes if I even have an NPC to aggro the boss I'm supposed to capture.

Then, I let them duke it out in the cage, and go spam the terminal.

Of course, the last capture code that happened...

CODE: RESCUE - I got hit by a funji.
CODE: DUEL - Ragne shows up INSIDE MY FUNJI.
Thankfully, I was in a run with some friends, but still...That combo alone was bad enough. I die in the Funji, we kill Ragne, go down slope, Vol. Change over to another Vol. Then, if that wasn't enough, we get a CODE: CAPTURE for a caterdra'n...Only I'm alone on the side of the map it happens at first. -_- Teamies rushed back to help, and I agree, the reward was not worth it.

I still made like 15k in a Normal Caves run though, so that was neat.

Finalzone
Sep 25, 2012, 02:22 PM
Capture E-trial can be annoying with multiple emergency codes happening at the same time. Code Rescue, Code Capture, Code Arrest and Code Avoid in one? Talk about bad luck >.<

Punisher106
Sep 25, 2012, 04:43 PM
I don't mind capture codes if I even have an NPC to aggro the boss I'm supposed to capture.

Then, I let them duke it out in the cage, and go spam the terminal.

Of course, the last capture code that happened...

CODE: RESCUE - I got hit by a funji.
CODE: DUEL - Ragne shows up INSIDE MY FUNJI.
Thankfully, I was in a run with some friends, but still...That combo alone was bad enough. I die in the Funji, we kill Ragne, go down slope, Vol. Change over to another Vol. Then, if that wasn't enough, we get a CODE: CAPTURE for a caterdra'n...Only I'm alone on the side of the map it happens at first. -_- Teamies rushed back to help, and I agree, the reward was not worth it.

I still made like 15k in a Normal Caves run though, so that was neat.

I once had a Gwanahda and a Ragne attacking me, while I was trapped in Funji. Not even a PB could save me.

Dan Maku
Sep 25, 2012, 04:54 PM
I once had a Gwanahda and a Ragne attacking me, while I was trapped in Funji. Not even a PB could save me.

Try being trapped with a Banshee. That shit ain't fun. XP

Galax
Sep 25, 2012, 05:13 PM
Now all three of us are going to end up with Ragne and Banshee attacking us while stuck in a Funji during a Code Protect to save an Aircraft Pilot with a Code Attack that has Malmoths throwing snowballs at us in Hard tundra.

...The scary thing is, I've been in that situation before, only without the Funji.

Scary shit man.

However, I think it'd be cool to watch a Ragne and a Banshee battle.
Front row seats to the fight of a lifetime - Ragne vs Minibosses. Banshee/Banther in Tundra, Rockbear in Forest, Vol in Caves, Transmizer in Tunnels, Gwanahda in Desert, and the best of them all - Ragne vs Quartz dragon for Skyland.

Mystil
Sep 25, 2012, 05:16 PM
Try being trapped with a Banshee. That shit ain't fun. XP

I'm waiting for the worse scenario that will beat out all worse case scenarios. To be trapped inside with Banther.

Because he counts for a least 60 of my 134 deaths, I suspect to be the first victim of this.

Punisher106
Sep 25, 2012, 05:18 PM
Now all three of us are going to end up with Ragne and Banshee attacking us while stuck in a Funji during a Code Protect to save an Aircraft Pilot with a Code Attack that has Malmoths throwing snowballs at us in Hard tundra.

...The scary thing is, I've been in that situation before, only without the Funji.

Scary shit man.

Front row seats to the fight of a lifetime - Ragne vs Minibosses. Banshee/Banther in Tundra, Rockbear in Forest, Vol in Caves, Transmizer in Tunnels, Gwanahda in Desert, and the best of them all - Ragne vs Quartz dragon for Skyland.
Ragne Vs. Big Varder. Do it. :lol:

Galax
Sep 25, 2012, 05:53 PM
^YES. HELL YES. THAT I want to see.

Maronji
Sep 25, 2012, 07:45 PM

I had a Dark Ragne spawn directly on top of me once in a Funji once, literally just after being spirited away. Killed me instantly upon landing, he did, and I had full health (being a FO didn't help, though...).

Sesheenku
Sep 25, 2012, 09:16 PM

Oh Ragne you so funny! <3 Seriously Ragne is the biggest troll in this game besides Mizer XD.

HURRY EVERYONE 5 MINUTES LEFT TO FINISH THE MISSION

Ragne- Ohai I'm here to kill you *jumps and smashes everyone before you can escape* Trollface.jpg

Ragne's timing is so horrible I have to laugh every time he appears. If you're not doing an MPA and he shows up it's always when you're in a rush and don't have time XD.

I wish they had pets in this game I want a mini Ragne!!!

Omega-z
Sep 25, 2012, 09:17 PM
Gwanahda and a Ragne are the same so won't attack each other. Now I have seen Mizer v.s Ragne and Ragne won the fight even with to heal bot's for the Mizer, But did manage to drop Drop Ragne to 1/3 live tho.

RockBear V.s Ragne = Ragne wins, Vol V.s Ragne = 2/3 times Ragne win's. Catra/Catransa V.s Ragne = 2/3 times Catra/Catransa. Banshee/Banther V.s Ragne = Ragne over Banshee, Banther 2/3 over Ragne. De Mamoth V.s Ragne = Ragne. Mizer V.s Ragne = Ragne. Gwan V.s Ragne = Won't attack same race. Ragne Vs. Big Varder = Varder*(if this ever happen's). Quartz V.s Ragne = 50/50.

* reason why is that 80% Ragne's won't even reach Varder but Varder will just lock on to it and kill it. Even "IF" Ragne does beat Varder the blast will kill it straight out since it's based on your hp like Dalk Falz Meteor attack in PSU.

oh, Rockbear is not hard to make it stop moving and you don't need to attack it either.

Coatl
Sep 25, 2012, 09:19 PM
I once had an emergergency capture in mines with..guess who! The luvable Mizer! :D
It was going great so far until we got into one of those two-way "buildings" in mines.
He couldn't get out from one door. >_> Failed the code in rage.

Slidikins
Sep 25, 2012, 09:20 PM
Front row seats to the fight of a lifetime - Ragne vs Minibosses. Banshee/Banther in Tundra, Rockbear in Forest, Vol in Caves, Transmizer in Tunnels, Gwanahda in Desert, and the best of them all - Ragne vs Quartz dragon for Skyland.A teammate has been doing this for fun. We haven't see Ragne vs. Quartz yet but Ragne destroyed Catadransa...

gigawuts
Sep 25, 2012, 09:20 PM
Most bosses have downtimes or something similar. Tranmizer's core venting, rockbear's pause after a body slam, vol's tail recharge, etc. Just trigger that and patter away at the console. Caterdran is the only one that may give you trouble, but his spin has a decent tell and he's stuck for a short period after it, not to mention during it.

Now, what I want is a big vader capture. He DOES move an inch or two every so often, after all.

edit: I'm pretty sure only one duel can spawn at a time, if you see two bosses one is from an attack - minibosses tend to be attacks in free fields. Caterdran, rockbear, even gwanada sometimes. Anything that spawns duplicates in the boss room if you have extra players is an attack in free fields afaict.

Sesheenku
Sep 25, 2012, 10:23 PM
Most bosses have downtimes or something similar. Tranmizer's core venting, rockbear's pause after a body slam, vol's tail recharge, etc. Just trigger that and patter away at the console. Caterdran is the only one that may give you trouble, but his spin has a decent tell and he's stuck for a short period after it, not to mention during it.

Now, what I want is a big vader capture. He DOES move an inch or two every so often, after all.

edit: I'm pretty sure only one duel can spawn at a time, if you see two bosses one is from an attack - minibosses tend to be attacks in free fields. Caterdran, rockbear, even gwanada sometimes. Anything that spawns duplicates in the boss room if you have extra players is an attack in free fields afaict.

I'd still love to watch Ragne and a mini-boss duke it out <3 I love Ragne.

~Inu~
Sep 25, 2012, 11:45 PM
I've had very little difficulty capturing the catadra'n by myself, but more with the Maizer in the desert... Seriously he loves to get stuck on rocks and stuff.
Just be sure you kill the small enemies, too! Catadra'n WILL stop to attack darkers.

Now if you want to know a code that I consider quite frustrating, is Red Collect... I don't think i've EVER seen that completed. Lot of luck involved there! D:

Mystil
Sep 26, 2012, 12:30 AM
Red collect?

Sesheenku
Sep 26, 2012, 12:59 AM
I've had very little difficulty capturing the catadra'n by myself, but more with the Maizer in the desert... Seriously he loves to get stuck on rocks and stuff.
Just be sure you kill the small enemies, too! Catadra'n WILL stop to attack darkers.

Now if you want to know a code that I consider quite frustrating, is Red Collect... I don't think i've EVER seen that completed. Lot of luck involved there! D:

Lol you should have been in this one Mines MPA, HILDA IS A LYING *****!!! we sat in the blocks of the map that she said and every single time there was nothing there!

Took us hours to complete! Dunno if that's red collect but that's an EC collect that I hated.

Shadowth117
Sep 26, 2012, 01:20 AM
I'd still love to watch Ragne and a mini-boss duke it out <3 I love Ragne.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRxqv1h6jQA

Not the full thing, but Ragne won in the end. I will say that if the heal bot had lived, Tranmizer would have eventually won just because Ragne can't out damage that heal lol. They only recently changed the heal to be low enough that he could kill it.

~Inu~
Sep 26, 2012, 01:25 AM
Red collect?

Ah, it's the regular collect code (where you have to get fossils/eggs) however when it's red it is on a timer of about 2-3 minutes. In most cases I've seen it happen even a full 12 human player MPA were not able to complete it in time.

Sesheenku
Sep 26, 2012, 01:53 AM
PSO2 Ragne VS Tranny - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRxqv1h6jQA)

Not the full thing, but Ragne won in the end. I will say that if the heal bot had lived, Tranmizer would have eventually won just because Ragne can't out damage that heal lol. They only recently changed the heal to be low enough that he could kill it.

I don't know why but I LOVE Ragne XD if they ever made a plush Ragne that roared when you squished it I'd totally buy a ton =D

Galax
Sep 26, 2012, 07:53 AM
^I'd revisit my old school just to freak people out when my backpack roared.

Punisher106
Nov 14, 2012, 10:31 PM
I'm gonna necropost this because of something I managed to pull off alone.
http://i813.photobucket.com/albums/zz53/Punisher106/PSO2 Screenshots/pso20121114_222755_000.jpg
Did I just capture a Tranmizer on my own? Without anybody else? O_O

Raymee
Nov 15, 2012, 02:55 AM
It's not hard to capture :'(

Just press your key 15 times a second then boom :D

Punisher106
Nov 15, 2012, 01:07 PM
Well we're talking about a Tranmizer, here. It's about as hard to capture as a Caterdra'n. It just needs to burrow underground. Vol Dragon isn't too hard, since he stays still a fair amount.

Raymee
Nov 15, 2012, 01:47 PM
Anything for me that stays in the zone for least 3 seconds is already a guaranteed capture.
I don't know about a tranmizer but I DO know that the miniboss in Ruins is by far the hardest to capture.

[Ayumi]
Nov 15, 2012, 08:20 PM
From the ones I've tried

Rokbear: Easy solo
Cateran: Easy solo
Ragne: Easiest solo
Transmizer: Hard no matter what as he refuse to follow. People or Solo.
Vol: Easy solo

I haven't tried the other guys solo yet of course.

Eman2417
Nov 15, 2012, 08:27 PM
Zondeel works wonders.

Macman
Nov 16, 2012, 04:54 AM
De Malmoth: Either walks too slow and you run out of time, or he just throws snowballs in place all day and you run out of time.

Ce'Nedra
Nov 16, 2012, 07:09 PM
Stay still? Tranmizer goes out of his way to get stuck in some sort of ditch just so you have no chance at winning. Gods help you if you get a Mizer capture in the tunnels...

This...

Punisher106
Nov 16, 2012, 10:26 PM
This...

Then I guess I got blessed, then. :T

[Ayumi]
Nov 17, 2012, 04:33 AM
De Malmoth: Either walks too slow and you run out of time, or he just throws snowballs in place all day and you run out of time.

I've seen him.
It's very easy. He's not that slow. Just attack, get a decent distance for him to walk to you.
Don't stay THAT close or yes, he will keep tossing balls at you non stop and not move. If you move away enough he will continue to walk again.

Only way I can see as a problem is if he somehow toss them at you WHILE you tried to trap him in causing you to get knocked off the device or something maybe (never had this happen to me though).

gigawuts
Nov 17, 2012, 04:38 AM
Break line of sight for de mammoth. Also works for tran when he goes all shooty, most of the time. Use zondeel and TPS mode aimed sazan to reposition mizers in pits in front of and up ramps.

Also, they fixed mizers in tunnels. Just did one with two mizers. They went right through every thin passage they used to get stuck on, all on their own.