PDA

View Full Version : Anyone planning to use the Ship Transfer?

lunarsoul
Sep 25, 2012, 03:30 PM
If so, which Ship are you on currently and which Ship do you plan to transfer to and why.

Aryube
Sep 25, 2012, 03:34 PM
come to ship01! we have cookies and other nice stuffz.

Slidikins
Sep 25, 2012, 03:38 PM
I may possibly transfer my HUcaseal from Ship 02 over to join my TEmarl on Ship 09. They leveled pretty much opposite classes... but reason being so that I don't lose all of that (albeit little) progress by leaving it on a ship where I don't really know anyone.

EXPFULL
Sep 25, 2012, 04:10 PM
Really looking forward to seeing new people come over SHIP 2.

I'll bet there is still a fair few people on other ships that just didn't want to start over when SHIPS 1-5 opened up again soon after launch - now they don't need to!

700 AC seems reasonable too I think.

Mystil
Sep 25, 2012, 05:19 PM
^I still remember what you said over in the rant forum about different weather, same shit lol.

Inazuma
Sep 25, 2012, 05:49 PM
I know the number of English players is fairly small everywhere besides Ship 2, but after this update, they will probably decrease a lot more, as many players move to Ship 2.

Coatl
Sep 25, 2012, 05:53 PM
I know the number of English players is fairly small everywhere besides Ship 2, but after this update, they will probably decrease a lot more, as many players move to Ship 2.

There also seems to be a "large" crowd of the ship 02 English speakers moving to other ships. I wouldn't jump to that conclusion just yet.

unicorn
Sep 25, 2012, 10:35 PM
Come to ship 8. We're nice, cozy, and dont have crazy cheaters and loud dramatics like ship 2 or 10. ^_^

BIG OLAF
Sep 25, 2012, 11:03 PM
At least all of the whiners that seem to think that the entirety of Ship 2 is some terrible, horrible place can get the hell out if they think it's that bad. Won't have to hear any more complaining.

It'll be nice to just be able to tell people that bitch about Ship 2: "There's the door, pal!".

Mike
Sep 25, 2012, 11:22 PM
dont have crazy cheaters
Who are the top players for rare item box destruction?

Sesheenku
Sep 25, 2012, 11:25 PM
At least all of the whiners that seem to think that the entirety of Ship 2 is some terrible, horrible place can get the hell out if they think it's that bad. Won't have to hear any more complaining.

It'll be nice to just be able to tell people that bitch about Ship 2: "There's the door, pal!".

Ikr? Also I don't know what cheaters and loud dramatics Super-luu is talking about cause I haven't seen any of them and I play more than any sane person would on any given day!

I assume that no loud people would mean a positive experience for people that prefer a non-social experience with quiet party members that just kill things and never say anything like some effective npcs, should join ship 8?

Ah well to each their own, half of the fun of MMO's is enjoying all types of interesting people, IMO, take out the loud people who can be rather funny at times and I might as well go play a single player game, "loud" people are what keep the grinding entertaining along with the excellent gameplay of this particular PS

blace
Sep 25, 2012, 11:36 PM
Sounds like ship 8 is my kind of ship, but in all seriousness, cheaters aren't 'bound' to just ship 2 or 10 in every game I've played they're interspersed among every server and community among them.

Ship 2 may have its issues, but those have dwindled quite a bit. All this hate towards ship 2 just comes from people that never experienced the current community there and rely on past experience from others.

Slidikins
Sep 25, 2012, 11:46 PM
Also I don't know what cheaters and loud dramatics Super-luu is talking about cause I haven't seen any of them and I play more than any sane person would on any given day!I heard that Ship 02's rankings are much higher than Ship 09's, and on Hagal I believe the record for Vol Dragon kills is 27. 27 Vol Dragons in an hour. Meaning, someone killed a Vol Dragon every 2.2 minutes. (I can't even run through Free Caves in 2.2 minutes.)

If Ship 02 has a record higher than that, I'd have to seriously suspect the intergrety of the rankings. But other than that I haven't heard stories of cheaters and such.

Arika
Sep 25, 2012, 11:54 PM
Come ship 02. We just make a brand new active team and is recruiting atm.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=201024

Most of the people who complain about ship-02 is usually jealous of population here. btw/
Try to recognize the name, most of those are people in another ship lol.

(If it was the first month, then I would agree completely that block-20 used to be very lousy, but it was long gone, and anybody who still complaining about it mean they have no idea)

Mystil
Sep 26, 2012, 12:09 AM
Block 20 went into civilized mode when it got renamed and liberated by the Japanese. And with the reports made last month, I suspect many of the idiots were banned. In the early goings, I could not stand that place. Not because of the naughty symbol art, but because most of them had some serious On-high-horse/ego issues. As if they think they are omnipotent beings that is too cool for everyone else.

unicorn
Sep 26, 2012, 12:22 AM
Um, Sega almost did an IP ban because of the rudeness that went on ship 2. Know your info guys.

No offense to players on there, I'm sure theres a lot of nice people (most of the people I played with from PSU are on there). But thats also the go to place for hackers/cheaters, n00bs, and rude loud "gajins".

Mystil
Sep 26, 2012, 12:28 AM
You don't see any of that in large abundance anymore. If there are still hacking or whatever, it is in obscure places.

As of now there is just one who likes to push people through windows and DC them.

So we can stop the my ship is better discussion. Good for you I guess, but assuming just makes you look like an ass.

Quatre52
Sep 26, 2012, 12:33 AM
Um, Sega almost did an IP ban because of the rudeness that went on ship 2. Know your info guys.

No offense to players on there, I'm sure theres a lot of nice people (most of the people I played with from PSU are on there). But thats also the go to place for hackers/cheaters, n00bs, and rude loud "gajins".

1. They didn't "almost IP ban" anyone.
2. I see very little "loud" or "rude" people running around. At least not openly to the public.
3. lol at using the word "noob" to describe people on only ship 2...theres so much wrong with that one...far to much to get into here..

4. As its been said a hundred times, hackers and cheaters play everywhere on these kinds of games...ship 2 simply got the most attention about it due to being the main english playing ship.

Know your info dude. ;-)

unicorn
Sep 26, 2012, 12:35 AM
You don't see any of that in large abundance anymore. If there are still hacking or whatever, it is in obscure places.

As of now there is just one who likes to push people through windows and DC them.

So we can stop the my ship is better discussion. Good for you I guess, but assuming just makes you look like an ass.

I played on ship 2 though.

And promoting my ship isn't bad. Different strokes for different folks. I was just stating that ship 2 isn't the only ship with English speakers. No need for name calling. :P

1. They didn't "almost IP ban" anyone.
2. I see very little "loud" or "rude" people running around. At least not openly to the public.
3. lol at using the word "noob" to describe people on only ship 2...theres so much wrong with that one...far to much to get into here..

4. As its been said a hundred times, hackers and cheaters play everywhere on these kinds of games...ship 2 simply got the most attention about it due to being the main english playing ship.

Know your info dude. ;-)

Yeah they did. They gave a strict warning that they would ban all foreign addresses.

The other ones are subjective and if you don't feel that way thats fine, but from what I've witnessed it was the contrary.

BIG OLAF
Sep 26, 2012, 12:36 AM
Um, Sega almost did an IP ban because of the rudeness that went on ship 2.

Nope!

blace
Sep 26, 2012, 12:39 AM
Definately not the case here, you really need to 'look' before stating them as fact.

Quatre52
Sep 26, 2012, 12:41 AM
I played on ship 2 though.

And promoting my ship isn't bad. Different strokes for different folks. I was just stating that ship 2 isn't the only ship with English speakers. No need for name calling. :P

Yeah they did. They gave a strict warning that they would ban all foreign addresses.

The other ones are subjective and if you don't feel that way thats fine, but from what I've witnessed it was the contrary.

No, actually, I believe they said they didn't want to IP ban us.

unicorn
Sep 26, 2012, 12:42 AM
http://www.mmoculture.com/2012/08/phantasy-star-online-2-ip-block-officially-begins/

http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=293

The proof is right there guys. :-?

The night before that article there was an issue with JP and US players in certain lobbies. I was actually playing on ship 2 at the time as well.

And I really dont see why you guys get all defensive about this.

Arika
Sep 26, 2012, 12:44 AM
Actually, when Sakai said that, people mostly point it out at ship-02 only, because it is main english community base. However, actually problem about hacker and problem about foreigner happen in other ship too. I think there is a Chinese main ship that has heavier RMT issue, and Taiwanese ship that has more noticable population than all ship-2 english players bases. I remember seeing their forum discussion before that they take population for 7-8 blocks full, and only speak Chinese. (well but that was in the past, I don't know current situation there anymore, since they are using different forum ) My Chinese friend told me about it at that time when they made the warn, and they were thinking of their own ship causing the IP-ban too. (while we think of ours)

So problem actually come from many ships, Sakai never specific ship-02 when he look at the big picture. We only know ship-02, because our community only know that place.

blace
Sep 26, 2012, 12:45 AM
http://www.mmoculture.com/2012/08/phantasy-star-online-2-ip-block-officially-begins/

The night before that article there was an issue with JP and US players in certain lobbies. I was actually playing on ship 2 at the time as well.

Those were about the update to the TOS, there was no speculation about IP banning foreigners. Well there are, but that's beside the point as it was not directed only at ship 2.

Why we're being defensive is all due to how everyone treats it.

BIG OLAF
Sep 26, 2012, 12:46 AM

That was to help with the supposed hacker threat, and had nothing to do with Ship 2 "rudeness."

Also, that's the first I've heard about an "issue" between JP and US players 'the night before.'

Sesheenku
Sep 26, 2012, 12:57 AM
Those were about the update to the TOS, there was no speculation about IP banning foreigners. Well there are, but that's beside the point as it was not directed only at ship 2.

Why we're being defensive is all due to how everyone treats it.

Exactly this! You're making ship 2 look bad when it's not any worse than any other ship. You can come here and pump up your ship with compliments if you want Luu but do everyone a favor and keep the negative junk to yourself :l, ESPECIALLY when you don't know what's going on in ship 2 TODAY. Turn your head around and look toward the present instead of the past.

Finalzone
Sep 26, 2012, 01:05 AM

Even Japanese living oversea and foreigners living in Japan?

On the topic, Ship 2 is my home being part of a Japanese team who greatly helped me to practice kana.

unicorn
Sep 26, 2012, 01:09 AM
Come at me guys! Bring your whole ship 2 teams to burn me! http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6uy0ngzw11ql9rbf.gif

I'm not going to go back and forth on this subject, because its going no where. And this isn't a my-ship-is-better-than-your-ship, thats silly and immature. In a more populated ship, you'll have many more incidents than in a less populated one. And American culture is different, so we are generally perceived much ruder than the Japanese (they don't generally speak in public, spam, etc).

Perhaps my initial post was a bit rude, and I apologize. But I didn't think it would spawn a 2 page argument.

blace
Sep 26, 2012, 01:13 AM
I'm not going to go back and forth on this subject, because its going no where. And this isn't a my-ship-is-better-than-your-ship, thats silly and immature. In a more populated ship, you'll have many more incidents than in a less populated one. And American culture is different, so we are generally perceived much ruder than the Japanese (they don't generally speak in public, spam, etc).

Come to ship 8. We're nice, cozy, and dont have crazy cheaters and loud dramatics like ship 2 or 10. ^_^
You don't say...

I have no idea where you get that from where Japanese don't so much spam, speak in public and such, but from what I can see from Japanese players, they do voluntarily speak out and they do indeed spam. It only happens less frequently than what you're used to seeing. Don't make assumptions you can't compensate for.

unicorn
Sep 26, 2012, 01:17 AM
You don't say...

I have no idea where you get that from where Japanese don't so much spam, speak in public and such, but from what I can see from Japanese players, they do voluntarily speak out and they do indeed spam. It only happens less frequently than what you're used to seeing. Don't make assumptions you can't compensate for.

I didnt make an assumption though. You reinforced what I just said. The Japanese are different culturely and might take some of our actions as rudeness.

blace
Sep 26, 2012, 01:20 AM
I was referring to the Japanese in my post, not the english speaking players.

unicorn
Sep 26, 2012, 01:27 AM
I was referring to the Japanese in my post, not the english speaking players.

Exactly. They still aren't nearly as loud or spammy as US players. Point blank. And its very rare too.

blace
Sep 26, 2012, 01:29 AM
They're a lot more outgoing than before is all I know, don't know why you're still hooked on them being generally quiet and not doing the same.

I can't pass through a few blocks without my chat bar filled with moonrunes.

~Inu~
Sep 26, 2012, 01:31 AM
I've seen the Japanese spam SAs during primetime, heck they have some pretty amusing macros/autowords in their MPAs.
Believe me, the JP community is just as silly as the EN community.

I don't think the ship transfer system will change much, but I have no doubt there are a few folks among us who are pretty happy about it.

Sesheenku
Sep 26, 2012, 01:34 AM
Come at me guys! Bring your whole ship 2 teams to burn me! http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6uy0ngzw11ql9rbf.gif

Perhaps my initial post was a bit rude, and I apologize. But I didn't think it would spawn a 2 page argument.

"Come to ship 8. We're nice, cozy, and dont have crazy cheaters and loud dramatics like ship 2 or 10. ^_^"

Do you need a band-aid after you tripped over yourself with that self contradiction? You pretty much started it by quite clearly stating that ship 8 IS better than ship 2 or 10, don't deny it.

Am I immature for responding to more immaturity? Hell yes! Also of course we're perceived ruder, they have different words for different levels of politeness in their speech! Also I doubt you know much about them speaking in public and spamming cause it sounds like you just about treat this as a single player game quite nearly! You said it yourself your ship is less populated, so might it be that you just don't have any people there? Cause I assure you there is nary a time where I go in the lobby where there isn't some Japanese chat.

If they didn't speak in public then a bleeding public chat function would not be implemented. They're humans too.

Mike
Sep 26, 2012, 01:35 AM
Even Japanese living oversea and foreigners living in Japan?
If a ban is applied, it will be in place to stop non-Japanese IPs. This means anyone living outside of Japan is out and anyone living in Japan is in. Of course, there haven't been any blocks put in place.

Spellbinder
Sep 26, 2012, 02:22 AM
I've seen the Japanese spam SAs during primetime, heck they have some pretty amusing macros/autowords in their MPAs.
Believe me, the JP community is just as silly as the EN community.

While I don't intend to step into the fray here, I think the "spamming, symbol art, etc." generally has to do with the lobbies, not multi-party areas. Of course, I state this based only on what I read here on the English forums.

*goes back to eating popcorn and watching* Anyone else want some?

Alenoir
Sep 26, 2012, 11:45 AM
Exactly. They still aren't nearly as loud or spammy as US players.

They are when they know everyone in the room can understand and speak Japanese. I've been in some emergency missions where everyone just chats normally. This is on ship 2.

Amaranthus
Sep 26, 2012, 12:03 PM
If my team moves to ship 2, I will. I'd like to play with some players on ship 2 but I don't want to leave any of my close friends behind, especially our team. ^^

Keyblade59
Sep 26, 2012, 12:09 PM
If my team moves to ship 2, I will. I'd like to play with some players on ship 2 but I don't want to leave any of my close friends behind, especially our team. ^^

You have normal players and the crazies who just spam symbol chat stuff, like gangnam style and EMERGENCY CODE: DISTRACTION of different things.

Usually the crazies stay in the ship, but I'll usually do some event like banther and you'l find 1 or 2 around, like this redhead human one who screams CAST SUPREMACY, but it isn't a major issue.

It'd be appreciated to have a some more normal and nice players :-P

Amaranthus
Sep 26, 2012, 12:16 PM

Wait.. You think I'm nice... and NORMAL..? :o

I eat Rappies (with skillz). For breakfast.

:lol:

Keyblade59
Sep 26, 2012, 12:18 PM
Wait.. You think I'm nice... and NORMAL..? :o

I eat Rappies (with skillz). For breakfast.

:lol:

Rappies are all white meat, everyone eats them, what do you think McDonald's uses now!

Sesheenku
Sep 26, 2012, 04:08 PM
You have normal players and the crazies who just spam symbol chat stuff, like gangnam style and EMERGENCY CODE: DISTRACTION of different things.

Usually the crazies stay in the ship, but I'll usually do some event like banther and you'l find 1 or 2 around, like this redhead human one who screams CAST SUPREMACY, but it isn't a major issue.

Emergency Code Distraction makes me Lol, only seen the cast supremacy people once. Obviously they do it because it's hilarious to them and they just want your attention so just ignore it as best you can.

Naturally they'll tell you that's it not for attention but if they stop to think for a minute they'll realize that they are simply this games attention ... the next word starts with a W and I'd rather not add it but you know what I'm getting at!

IzzyData
Sep 26, 2012, 04:13 PM

There's no way I'm moving to ship 2. I think they should move to ship 10. :-)

Keyblade59
Sep 26, 2012, 04:32 PM
There's no way I'm moving to ship 2. I think they should move to ship 10. :-)

You sure? we have liquid refreshments.

blace
Sep 26, 2012, 04:54 PM
Ship 02's really great and the only thing you need to know is that I'm like the supreme god-like emperor of ship 02 and everyone there has to follow my orders!
I don't think I've ever met you and I've been on ship 2 since late July/early August.

Mystil
Sep 26, 2012, 05:01 PM
To be honest, it's not necessary to move unless you're doing it for friends on different ships.

If you come to ship 2 though, be prepared to spent loads of meseta in what I like to call Overpriced Metropolis.

lunarsoul
Sep 26, 2012, 05:31 PM
To be honest, it's not necessary to move unless you're doing it for friends on different ships.

If you come to ship 2 though, be prepared to spent loads of meseta in what I like to call Overpriced Metropolis.

I spend time on Ship 02 and Ship 10 and from my experience, the Weapons on Ship 10 as a whole are more expensive than similar ones on Ship 02. I think its because on Ship 02, their is ALOT more supply on particular items and just as much demand. So you will find people dropping prices lower and lower just to undercut the other vendors so they can grab a sale and still get a good profit. In Ship 10 their is less inventory so people feel like their is this "rareness" factor going on and sell for average prices that arent as low for the same item in Ship 02.

On Topic, im pretty happy where I am at, Ship 02 is my Main Ship and where I spend most of my time, but I also have a character on Ship 10. I felt my char on Ship 10 was kind of lonely and was thinking of bringing her to Ship 02. The main reason why I am on Ship 10 too, is because of a couple of friends, otherwise I would just have everything on Ship 02 since its where all of the action is at.