PDA

View Full Version : Event PSO-TOGRAPHY RESULTS!

BIG OLAF
Sep 26, 2012, 09:55 AM
Hello, PSO-World!

This is the moment you've all been waiting for! Through many pain-staking endeavors, the other judges and I have come up with your winners. This certainly wasn't easy for us, as many of the entrants were spectacular.

There isn't much more to say, so I'll just get right on with it. I'm going to go 'backwards' (from 3rd Place to 1st Place) for more....suspense? Yeah, suspense!

even though anyone could just start at the bottom but whatever!

http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac202/serafisenba/WIP/placeholder.png

3RD PLACE goes to....

[SPOILER-BOX]MrXtreme!

http://i.imgur.com/lFhLg.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

2ND PLACE goes to....

[SPOILER-BOX]Massaki!

http://i.imgur.com/f23Ho.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

...and last, but obviously not least...

1ST PLACE goes to...!

[SPOILER-BOX]Primobol!!

http://i.imgur.com/WHOCI.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac202/serafisenba/WIP/placeholder.png

But, as I said, it was tough to pick these winners. There were many entries that nearly made the cut! Here's some Honorable Mentions!

[SPOILER-BOX]From Sephirah:

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/FfBLJ.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

From Resanoca:

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/t9uwK.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

From Udonge:

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/KTzuz.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

From youcantcatchtheblue:

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/xRdUT.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX][/SPOILER-BOX]

To the three contest winners: Please contact me for your Webmoney codes (I want you to message me so I know you saw that you won).

To the 1st Place winner: Please message Ryna or Dhylec to discuss your PSOW Custom Avatar!

Thanks to everyone who participated, all of my other judges, a big thanks to the PSOW staff, and a special thanks to everyone in this community for being awesome!

I know not everyone will be 'pleased' with these results, but try to keep anything exceedingly rude or negative to yourself, please!

NoiseHERO
Sep 26, 2012, 10:03 AM
HAAAAAAAA

ECK WON!

Fox2Tails
Sep 26, 2012, 10:09 AM
Those are some nice pics, much better than what I took heh

Zorafim
Sep 26, 2012, 10:13 AM
Holy Christ. We have some amazing skill on these forums! The timing, the camera placement, the natural effects... This was a great event!

NoiseHERO
Sep 26, 2012, 10:16 AM
/just realized what was going on in 1st place...

LOL...

Amaranthus
Sep 26, 2012, 10:17 AM
How brilliant. ;o Although I thought...

-You must take your own screenshot

Anyway, first place is still amazingly timed, as well as the third place one. The second one is really nice too, I have a pic taken around a location that looks like that.

NoiseHERO
Sep 26, 2012, 10:18 AM

Anyway, first place is still amazingly timed, as well as the third place one. The second one is really nice too, I have a pic taken around a location that looks like that.

What evidence says he didn't? o_o

looks more like he just cropped his GUI.

BIG OLAF
Sep 26, 2012, 10:20 AM

Tedo and Sakia entered as a pair, so I made that one exception. I just used his name alone in the OP since he's the on that actually sent it to me. But, everyone did take their own.

EDIT: But yes, there is some crazy timing and placement in these pictures. I was really impressed with some of them, and have no idea how they did it.

Amaranthus
Sep 26, 2012, 10:21 AM
What evidence says he didn't? o_o

looks more like he just cropped his GUI.

Oh sorry. Chat bubble by Primobol said quick dude take a picture... And it was an entry by Primobol..? Or I could totally be wrong.

Edit.

Tedo and Sakia entered as a pair, so I made that one exception. I just used his name alone in the OP since he's the on that actually sent it to me. But, everyone did take their own.

EDIT: But yes, there is some crazy timing and placement in these pictures. I was really impressed with some of them, and have no idea how they did it.

Yup. That explains it.

EvilMag
Sep 26, 2012, 10:23 AM
Congrats on the winners!

Udonge
Sep 26, 2012, 10:29 AM

Spam printscreen :3

youcantcatchtheblue
Sep 26, 2012, 10:32 AM
Yay I got honorable mention ^^

Porkmaster
Sep 26, 2012, 10:36 AM
Congratulations to the winners and also to the honorable mentions. These are fun to follow, even though I don't play anymore.

Zorafim
Sep 26, 2012, 10:39 AM
I think having your face as an avatar is worth more than the prestige. I can't say I'm not jealous.

AFKei
Sep 26, 2012, 11:34 AM
Dang. I would be lying if I said those pics didn't blow me out of the water.

Anyway, how about some Congrazzles cookies?

Darki
Sep 26, 2012, 11:45 AM
The winner is awesome. xD

Amaranthus
Sep 26, 2012, 11:55 AM
The winner is awesome. xD

Like a real hunter, posing with his catch of the day. But they've been had (yes, including his pal the cameraman) as the Dragon regained consciousness a second after taking the picture. :lol:

Jakosifer
Sep 26, 2012, 12:16 PM
Lol. And X was 100% sure he wasn't going to place at all. ^^

valmont
Sep 26, 2012, 01:13 PM
congratz to the winners!!
i cant describe the awesomeness on those screenie.. XD

blace
Sep 26, 2012, 01:15 PM
Congratulations to the top 3 and the nice timing for the honorable mentions. The only downside to all this is I can't see most of them on a phone screen without it taking up so much data to load.

RagolianHunter
Sep 26, 2012, 01:18 PM
Excellent work all you Peter Parkers out there.

@BIG OLAF very cool community work man, keep it up!

Titan
Sep 26, 2012, 02:14 PM
Aww I was expecting to see all the entries. :[

batfax
Sep 26, 2012, 02:23 PM
First place is great. I really like that the mag seems to be embarrassed at the ridiculousness of it's owner.

Massaki
Sep 26, 2012, 02:33 PM
HOLY SHIT, I GOT SECOND PLACE, LOL.

Edit: Okay, I was totally not expecting to get on any of the top 3 from a screenshot I took 2 friggin months (I think?) ago!

Kinda bummed I didn't win, tho. I really wanted that custom avatar. : <

Sephirah
Sep 26, 2012, 03:07 PM
Grats to all the winners, although I think this should have been a vote like all the other ones.

I've been thinking of what to write about this, because I don't want to come off as a sore loser, I honestly am not thinking about my own entry, but of the other 48 people that followed the rules.

No offense but I highly doubt a poorly framed shot of a vol dragon with someone saying hurry take the picture would beat out the other 49 entries.

Honestly out of the top 3 winners, I would have pegged 3rd place for the actual winner.

redroses
Sep 26, 2012, 03:21 PM
I personally love the shot of the winner.

I love how he got the timing of the knocked out Vol Dragon and his pose (which looks like he is leaning on the dragon) fits perfectly together. I also find his caption funny, because i then again makes it seem like him and some buddies went out, found a sleeping Vol Dragon and whoever was brave enough took a picture with it.
(out of curiosity, do you think the winner didn't take the screenshot himself? because of how you worded the part with "48 people that followed the rules"?)

I really enjoy all the screenshots and this was a really great event! You have done a great job, Olaf!

Sephirah
Sep 26, 2012, 03:23 PM
(out of curiosity, do you think the winner didn't take the screenshot himself? because of how you worded the part with "48 people that followed the rules"?)

Olaf already stated he made the exception for one person on the 1st page.

BIG OLAF
Sep 26, 2012, 03:30 PM

Yeah, and Primobol wasn't that person. The person I mentioned was an Honorable Mention, not a winner.

redroses
Sep 26, 2012, 03:31 PM

I know, but that exception was for one of the honorable mention screenshots and not the winner, as far as I am aware of. I think the caption of the winner is what is throwing you of? I took it has a caption he added to make the screen funnier, not telling his friend to really take the screenshot for him.

Especially because he would have needed real much luck with that, because the dragon would have had to landed in that position very close to a wall, for the character that is taking the screen to disappear and not be seen on screen.

Sephirah
Sep 26, 2012, 03:35 PM
Yeah, and Primobol wasn't that person. The person I mentioned was an Honorable Mention, not a winner.

I guess it was that the dragons horn was still targeted that was throwing me off, doesn't look like he'd be able to have it still targeted without being locked on from that position.

But either way, congrats to the winners! I wasn't trying to sound bitter or anything like that, I was just surprised there was no vote like the other contests.

Penelo-chan
Sep 26, 2012, 04:34 PM
Congratulations, winners! Now to see what's up next for these PSOW events... :wacko:

LinkKD
Sep 26, 2012, 06:26 PM
Wow, amazing shots

I really didn't stand a chance afterall =w=...though I sorta wished I'd get into the honorable ones at least QQ

the 3rd and 1st ones had amazing timing, and the second one used the scenario-costume combination very well. I think these results are fair...even if I didn't see all other entries, they're superior than mine at least =w=.

about the honorable ones...

I think I'd pick another pic of yours Sephirah...this one you submitted looks good, but...I've seen better timed/angled ones from you...at least imo

Resanoca's pic is amazing due to the large number of players involved, lol...and the room itself looks nice, the angling is nice too

Udonge's isn't such a hard shot (but then again, my shot was as hard as this one too), but the Oboro slash effect sure looks nice...besides the Oboro itself that adds x10 to beauty <3

and...DAT DINIAN...he's like, the super sayian of Dinians or something [?].

also, GIVE ME THAT OBORO REISEEENN ç-ç

Edit:

About the captions thing...captions =/= in-game bubbles/chat right?...though I can see how that could've been misinterpreted...but captions would be something added afterwards, in an easy way

we all have to agree that managing to type and send that bubble chat on the right timing only adds to the timing difficulty, right?

Udonge
Sep 26, 2012, 09:38 PM
Just wondering, are you guys planning to show all of the other entries? I'm curious what other people took.

GIVE ME THAT OBORO REISEEENN ç-ç
No

Rien
Sep 26, 2012, 09:41 PM
I like how everyone who won/was mentioned had maximum graphics ._.

Shirai
Sep 26, 2012, 09:50 PM
Congratulations to the winners!

I'd love to see all 50 entries though. But that's a really time consuming process of showing all of them.

ShadowDragon28
Sep 26, 2012, 09:53 PM
I hope this contest is held again...

BIG OLAF
Sep 26, 2012, 09:59 PM
Just wondering, are you guys planning to show all of the other entries? I'm curious what other people took.

I'd love to see all 50 entries though. But that's a really time consuming process of showing all of them.

I still plan on doing it. I'll most likely get to it this upcoming weekend. If not, then I'll shoot for next week.

Chik'Tikka
Sep 26, 2012, 10:20 PM
beautiful pics, there's just no competing with such people+^_^+ congrats to the winners+^_^+

Primobol
Sep 26, 2012, 10:22 PM
When I opened the 3rd place it was so nice and clean I said "no way... ;_;".

But just to make it clear, it was I who took the picture. It was Primobol, the PSO2 character, telling me to print-screen him PHAST before the Vol wake up ;D
And I left the poor Leo MAG starving in hope I could get that embarrassed/disappointed/facepalm look.

And about captions, I think Olaf meant manually added captions, not any text from the game.
Here is the full picture (just don't say I added the "fake" UI with PS): [SPOILER-BOX]http://i46.tinypic.com/2iari9h.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Congrats everyone who participated. There were really nice screens just here and I'm sure all the other 40 and some were nice too.

Finally this time I tried a different way adding a bit of humor and it worked (first time I win this kind of contest :D).

P.S. Forgot to ask: MrXtreme, do you use nvidia inspector or anything else to get the AA better? I'm using just the Nvidia control pannel, but it seems only the texture filtering works. No way dat 32x CSAA is there.
NOTE: the picture here is 1600x900, but the original screen was 1080p. It seems tinypic downsizes it if it's too big.

Xaeris
Sep 26, 2012, 10:23 PM
When Olaf posts his comments on all the entries, I'll post mine as well (I was a judge). We had five judges total, so you'll all at least get to get 2/5ths of the opinions that decided scoring.

MrXtreme
Sep 26, 2012, 10:48 PM
When I opened the 3rd place it was so nice and clean I said "no way... ;_;".

But just to make it clear, it was I who took the picture. It was Primobol, the PSO2 character, telling me to print-screen him PHAST before the Vol wake up ;D
And I left the poor Leo MAG starving in hope I could get that embarrassed/disappointed/facepalm look.

And about captions, I think Olaf meant manually added captions, not any text from the game.
Here is the full picture (just don't say I added the "fake" UI with PS): [SPOILER-BOX]http://i46.tinypic.com/2iari9h.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Congrats everyone who participated. There were really nice screens just here and I'm sure all the other 40 and some were nice too.

Finally this time I tried a different way adding a bit of humor and it worked (first kind of contest I win :D).

P.S. Forgot to ask: MrXtreme, do you use nvidia inspector or anything else to get the AA better? I'm using just the Nvidia control pannel, but it seems only the texture filtering works. No way dat 32x CSAA is there.
NOTE: the picture here is 1600x900, but the original screen was 1080p. It seems tinypic downsizes it if it's too big.

Congratulations on 1st place. Nice to see a shot in good humour.

To answer your question, I don't use any tool. I just have it under highest settings on PSO2. Though the image was hugely downsized due to Photobucket.

Chik'Tikka
Sep 26, 2012, 11:02 PM
Congratulations on 1st place. Nice to see a shot in good humour.

To answer your question, I don't use any tool. I just have it under highest settings on PSO2. Though the image was hugely downsized due to Photobucket.

why would photobucket downsize an image?+^_^+ doesn't do that to mine+^_^+

Rien
Sep 27, 2012, 01:11 AM
I honestly don't like the results of this contest. I remember someone stating that even if you had low graphics you could still win if you were creative enough.

Granted, my entry does not deserve to be anywhere near the honorable mentions part, but really? Everyone there has maximum graphics?

Now I want to see the remaining entries...

Xaeris
Sep 27, 2012, 01:12 AM
The emotes probably threw him off.

BIG OLAF
Sep 27, 2012, 01:13 AM
I honestly don't like the results of this contest. I remember someone stating that even if you had low graphics you could still win if you were creative enough.

Granted, my entry does not deserve to be anywhere near the honorable mentions part, but really? Everyone there has maximum graphics?

Now I want to see the remaining entries...

Ever stop to think that maybe the "best" entries just so happened to have max (or close to) graphical settings? Sorry, but there's no grand conspiracy here. It's just how it happened.

Rien
Sep 27, 2012, 01:15 AM
I did. Which is why I want to see the remaining entries.

Amaranthus
Sep 27, 2012, 01:26 AM
[SPOILER-BOX]When I opened the 3rd place it was so nice and clean I said "no way... ;_;".

Finally this time I tried a different way adding a bit of humor and it worked (first time I win this kind of contest :D).

NOTE: the picture here is 1600x900, but the original screen was 1080p. It seems tinypic downsizes it if it's too big.[/SPOILER-BOX]

How epic and cunning. if not epicly cunning XD

I have to say it threw me off the first glance. Kudos for having an image that you actually need to use your braincells and have a couple of experimentation before you can conclude its legit.

You deserve to be the 1st placer. :-?
I'd have to say great job on the judges, and our lovely host Nass. :3

Xaeris
Sep 27, 2012, 01:36 AM
I did. Which is why I want to see the remaining entries.

Well, you'll get your chance. And I have no doubt you'll see precisely what you want to see...

BIG OLAF
Sep 27, 2012, 07:56 PM
I'd have to say great job on the judges, and our lovely host Nass. :3

Thank you very much. Don't forget to thank Tenebris, as he generously donated for the Webmoney prizes! He also made those neat little graphics I used in the original thread and this one, too.

All of the prizes (Webmoney codes) have been given out. Thanks to the three winners for sending me messages quickly.

Cypher_9
Sep 27, 2012, 08:10 PM
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

RAWR! (╯°Д°)╯︵/(.□ . \)

.__.

Ce'Nedra
Oct 3, 2012, 09:09 AM
Nassie, have you made the topic yet that shows all entries? Maybe I missed it?

BIG OLAF
Oct 3, 2012, 10:03 AM
No, you haven't missed it. I'm gonna get around to it tomorrow night, and get it up sometime Friday.

Fox2Tails
Oct 3, 2012, 10:59 AM
Nedra just wants to add more the the 'collection'