PDA

View Full Version : Is this a good fighter build?

DoubleCannon
Sep 26, 2012, 09:58 AM
First I apologize if their is a thread for builds, if so please just move topic to that thread lol.

now that I have learned effective ways to use the fighter I have decided a build for myself that I believe is fairly flawless for the time being. Would like some input on yay or nay of this build.

It will focus on Double Sabers only, it is the only weapon I want to use, love the DBS since early PS series. Anyways here is my build, Note I have future planned to a level 50 build since that update is around the corner..

Build:

S-Atk up 1 = 10 points
Wise Stance, Brave Stance, Wise Stance up 1, Brave Stance up 1 = 6 points each
S-Atk up 3 = 10 points
DBS Gear = 1 point
S-Def up 1 = 10 points

Total SP used 55 = level 50 Fighter build.

This is to focus on DBS only and use the deadly archer on bosses and whatnot.

Does this look like a proper and decent build? I personally think this is best until another level cap in introduced. Let me know :) Thanks.

Aryube
Sep 26, 2012, 10:07 AM
You already said you think its best. But i can give you my opinion...

First off you should use this skill simulator (http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/)

Nextly, since you're getting both stances the other gears (knuckle +twin) are available for only 1 point each. You say you want to use Double sabers only but thats your motivation for NOW, later on you definitely will get bored of using the same weapon. Twin Daggers is a really unique weapon, even if it's not as powerful as the others it is still different in terms of it's combat so it can be fun. Knuckles boasts power and speed with precision due to short range so it can be very powerful and shouldn't be underestimated just yet.

There is no need to put points into S-atk or S-def, thats what your mag is for. Skill points are very valuable so don't throw them about for the sake of it. Also with the Sub-class system you will recieve 20% extra base stats for the second class.

I also wouldn't put Brave/Wise crit down with all the Crit increases coming. For example Fury Crit with subclass and Techer buffs you with Shifta crit... That's a 55% crit increase. People on the forum state crit is useless yet its a very interesting point of discussion on JP wiki's and forums as it's unclear just exactly how it works. We know 1 thing for sure and that is it adds 'additively' and not multiplicatively.

Either way, my suggested build would be this: http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/fighter.html?01FI!IOI2IbHnGAIbGKIbf

And then again i'd hate if everyone had the same generic build so your build is fine too. Just a few opinions of mine.

eharima
Sep 26, 2012, 10:14 AM
There is no need to put points into S-atk or S-def, thats what your mag is for.

wtfamireading

DoubleCannon
Sep 26, 2012, 10:20 AM
Hey thanks for the input, so far with my build is I have already gone 10 S-def and reason is I can not equip my Fan units without that 50 extra base S-def, My mags build is 90 S-atk, 50 Ability and 10 S-Def when done, I kinda screwed my hunter up on the skill tree, however it will be viable once level 50 is introduced and I can get JA bonus 1. As for crit I am skeptic of it, it is so unclear to me on how it works it seems risky to put points into it, I feel for now to pump points into increasing overall dmg and later on go for the crits. This may bite me in the arse but its a gamble lol.

Btw what does max Brave , wise give including the bonus up maxed? Seems like it would be insane dmg output. Right now I am level 30 fighter, on the 5sp CO so got 15 sp's left.

Oh btw, not only do u get 20% stats but u get 100% stat ups on other skill tree! I have like 100 S-atk, 50 S-def and hp up stats on hunter. this is gonna sub classes so OP lol, hope they seriously buff monsters for very hard or this is gonna be silly

Aryube
Sep 26, 2012, 10:27 AM
wtfamireading

10 skill points for 50 s-atk is absurd. Fury stance gives you 150 s-atk. If you need base stats to equip weapons then you can put them on your mag. With 10 skill points you can do a lot. And that is why it is a waste. Though like i said, this is what makes everyones build different. Everyone has different opinions.

Hey thanks for the input, so far with my build is I have already gone 10 S-def and reason is I can not equip my Fan units without that 50 extra base S-def, My mags build is 90 S-atk, 50 Ability and 10 S-Def when done, I kinda screwed my hunter up on the skill tree, however it will be viable once level 50 is introduced and I can get JA bonus 1. As for crit I am skeptic of it, it is so unclear to me on how it works it seems risky to put points into it, I feel for now to pump points into increasing overall dmg and later on go for the crits. This may bite me in the arse but its a gamble lol.

Btw what does max Brave , wise give including the bonus up maxed? Seems like it would be insane dmg output. Right now I am level 30 fighter, on the 5sp CO so got 15 sp's left.

Oh btw, not only do u get 20% stats but u get 100% stat ups on other skill tree! I have like 100 S-atk, 50 S-def and hp up stats on hunter. this is gonna sub classes so OP lol, hope they seriously buff monsters for very hard or this is gonna be silly

Nice ^.^ Wise gives 30% dmg to the back, Wise up gives +30% extra. Brave gives 20% to front, Brave up gives +20% extra. So wise is stronger by about 20% more (if stance up works by addition).

I like to stabilise damage gains from both stances so when lvl 50 is out i'm putting 10 points into Brave critical.

Read this wiki for more detailed info (http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=ja&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fpso2.swiki.jp%2F&act=url)

Zorafim
Sep 26, 2012, 10:30 AM
Why waste points on both trees? Sure, there are times you can't reach the part of the enemy you want to strike, but you're taking points out of skills which will greatly boost your performance in an ideal situation. You're also not getting step advance, which considering you don't have many defensive options with double saber, is pretty much your only way to avoid damage. Here is what I suggest: Ponies are awesome (http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/fighter.html?01FI!IOI22OcBjGK4bf)

If you really want both trees though, then you can take out points from stat boosts, which really don't do much once you get grinded equipment. They're mostly useful for equipping that equipment, but that won't be as much as a problem with sub jobs boosting your stats. Try this: Fluttershy is best pony (http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/fighter.html?01FI!IOI22bHoGNIbGKIbf)

Overall, the weapon gears will be your most effective use of a point, even on weapons you aren't planning on using. Secondly, a maxed out stance will boost your damage by 40-50%, much more than a maxed out stat increase (at cap, you should easily have 800 Satk. Capping two Satks will give you 100 Satk, which is a 12% increase to damage. Considering only the level cap, the choice seems obvious). Until I hear otherwise, I'm going to say that critical boosts are pointless. This may not be true, since you'll have a 20% boosted chance to crit with fury and position stance (if specced). But, I don't think that's even a 1% boost per point spent.

Aryube
Sep 26, 2012, 10:32 AM
Why waste points on both trees? Sure, there are times you can't reach the part of the enemy you want to strike, but you're taking points out of skills which will greatly boost your performance in an ideal situation. You're also not getting step advance, which considering you don't have many defensive options with double saber, is pretty much your only way to avoid damage. Here is what I suggest: Ponies are awesome (http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/fighter.html?01FI!IOI22OcBjGK4bf)

If you really want both trees though, then you can take out points from stat boosts, which really don't do much once you get grinded equipment. They're mostly useful for equipping that equipment, but that won't be as much as a problem with sub jobs boosting your stats. Try this: Fluttershy is best pony (http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/fighter.html?01FI!IOI22bHoGNIbGKIbf)

Overall, the weapon gears will be your most effective use of a point, even on weapons you aren't planning on using. Secondly, a maxed out stance will boost your damage by 40-50%, much more than a maxed out stat increase (at cap, you should easily have 800 Satk. Capping two Satks will give you 100 Satk, which is a 12% increase to damage. Considering only the level cap, the choice seems obvious). Until I hear otherwise, I'm going to say that critical boosts are pointless. This may not be true, since you'll have a 20% boosted chance to crit with fury and position stance (if specced). But, I don't think that's even a 1% boost per point spent.

Step advance can be obtained from Hunter tree. Were talking about the Fighter Sub-Hunter spec ^.^ And it's pretty obvious that you'd want both stances. Most monsters have breakable parts on both the front and back so it is worth the 40-60% dmg increase.

Zorafim
Sep 26, 2012, 10:37 AM
Hm, do the steps not stack? Well, that'll throw my spec for a loop. Throw those extra points into stat boost, then. So... Let's say, A Rarity is good too (http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/fighter.html?01FI!IOI2IbxAGNIbGKHof).

He said he wanted more Sdfp for equipment. I don't think he'll need it with subjob's stat boosts, but he probably has enough Satk boosts anyway. And taking stats out of brave stance loses 3% attack, but also gives you 3% attack from the back. Taking points out of Wise Stance + might actually be better though.

Eternal255
Sep 26, 2012, 10:40 AM
Check the guides section of the PSO2 forum, there is a fighter thread there

But also, since your mag has 90 s-atk you really only need one more s-atk tops on your skill trees. my mag has 40 s-atk and 86 r-def, so here's what im running skill wise

http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/fighter.html?01FI!IOI2ebsOqAco4SIbf

I also wouldnt recommend getting s-def as it puts you too deep into both trees. i would recommend something like this for now (im going to assume you are subbing hunter and have step attack already & just reverse)

http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/fighter.html?01FI!IOI2IbrIkfb4SIbf

and hold onto the remaining points until level 50 is released with the new weapons and armor, so you can find out exactly how much you'll need with your subclass & mag in place. Dont go wasting your skill points and end up not needing to.

If you insist on something around your build, DONT put 6 points into the regular stances, put 5 in each and put the extra point in stance UP for each. from 5 to 6 on the stances gives you 1%. from 6 to 7 on the stance up's give you 2% for brave and more on wise (4% or so?). you wanna keep the regular brave and wise stance at 5/10 always unless you really want to dump your extra points there. i honestly dont think 5 points is worth 5% gain and loss.

Aryube
Sep 26, 2012, 10:44 AM
Hm, do the steps not stack? Well, that'll throw my spec for a loop. Throw those extra points into stat boost, then. So... Let's say, A Rarity is good too (http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/fighter.html?01FI!IOI2IbxAGNIbGKHof).

He said he wanted more Sdfp for equipment. I don't think he'll need it with subjob's stat boosts, but he probably has enough Satk boosts anyway. And taking stats out of brave stance loses 3% attack, but also gives you 3% attack from the back. Taking points out of Wise Stance + might actually be better though.

Don't take my word for it. I'm only assuming they don't stack. That's because you could just invest 4 points in each and get .13 + .13 for .26 invulnerability. Or 2 points in each and get .09 + .09 for .18. It would be ridiculously broken if that was the case (if you ask me).

Zorafim
Sep 26, 2012, 10:47 AM
Well, this IS Sega we're talking about.

DoubleCannon
Sep 26, 2012, 11:56 AM
Thanks guys for input, I think I will be going with this for now..

http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/fighter.html?01FI!IOI2IbsNwNfwSJbf

I know that there is nothing right now that will make me change from using demolition comet lol, so for the time being I will be focusing on DBS, the step skills will come from Hunter skill Tree, Since I am focused on being a Tanker also, the S-def is good for me and will be double as good since my hunter has maxed S-def to.

I am happy with this, Let's just hope they really buffed V.hard though or else things will die in 1 sec like they do now.. i mean quartz downed in 45 sec, wtf gonna happen with sub + lv 50!? should be interesting

Edit: Also one thing I do not see mentioned is that some say S-atk / S-def is useless points, however it is more than just bonus 50 stat, its added to your base and the drinks work only off your base, same with shifta / deband work off your base. Also the 20% Bonus is off the Base Stats which to me seems stat up points is a great idea.

That Stance that gives +150 S-atk but reduces S-def alot is not for a tanker build lol. With hunter I had 1.3k Defence and 1k S-atk. Wondering how much I will have after all this :)

Hmm some calculations for me.. From both trees, +200 S-atk bonus, +100 S-def bonus + 40 S-atk, +20 S-def = 240 S-atk , 120 S-def bonus stats when I Sub with hunter. Thats not bad. And who knows, perhaps the uber rares will have insanely high req? lol

Aryube
Sep 26, 2012, 12:04 PM
Thanks guys for input, I think I will be going with this for now..

http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/fighter.html?01FI!IOI2IbsNwNfwSJbf

I know that there is nothing right now that will make me change from using demolition comet lol, so for the time being I will be focusing on DBS, the step skills will come from Hunter skill Tree, Since I am focused on being a Tanker also, the S-def is good for me and will be double as good since my hunter has maxed S-def to.

I am happy with this, Let's just hope they really buffed V.hard though or else things will die in 1 sec like they do now.. i mean quartz downed in 45 sec, wtf gonna happen with sub + lv 50!? should be interesting

Edit: Also one thing I do not see mentioned is that some say S-atk / S-def is useless points, however it is more than just bonus 50 stat, its added to your base and the drinks work only off your base, same with shifta / deband work off your base. Also the 20% Bonus is off the Base Stats which to me seems stat up points is a great idea.

That Stance that gives +150 S-atk but reduces S-def alot is not for a tanker build lol. With hunter I had 1.3k Defence and 1k S-atk. Wondering how much I will have after all this :)

I had no idea that drinks and shifta only worked off base... Are you sure about this? Where did you get this info from? If this is true i'm gonna have to rethink my skill tree O.O

edit: i'm going to login and check this info. i hope you're right :p

Eternal255
Sep 26, 2012, 12:10 PM

god damn what gear were you using?

and yeah, i personally went with +90 s-atk over brave/wise stance cuz 1) i never use wise stance except in tundra (daggers -> brave stance, hell i fight up front regardless, and ragne's weak spot is front based too)

and maxing brave stance up, +10% didnt seem worth it to me, rather the extra s-atk.

the question is where do the last 10 points at 50 go? hmmm

and yeah, i really wish that very hard mode is.... well VERY HARD mode. Like the equivalent as playing ultimate mode with a new character that just hit level 80 back in PSOBB, etc. or harder. would make things more entertaining.

DoubleCannon
Sep 26, 2012, 12:11 PM
I had no idea that drinks and shifta only worked off base... Are you sure about this? Where did you get this info from? If this is true i'm gonna have to rethink my skill tree O.O

edit: i'm going to login and check this info. i hope you're right :p

yes i can promise this is the case lol, ive tested it. 1.2k def after high def drink i get like 100 more def, it has worked off only base stats, they all do. Reason I find stat up points to be very effective especially that the 20% bonus is only applied to base stats aswell :)

DoubleCannon
Sep 26, 2012, 12:14 PM
god damn what gear were you using?

and yeah, i personally went with +90 s-atk over brave/wise stance cuz 1) i never use wise stance except in tundra (daggers -> brave stance, hell i fight up front regardless, and ragne's weak spot is front based too)

and maxing brave stance up, +10% didnt seem worth it to me, rather the extra s-atk.

the question is where do the last 10 points at 50 go? hmmm

and yeah, i really wish that very hard mode is.... well VERY HARD mode. Like the equivalent as playing ultimate mode with a new character that just hit level 80 back in PSOBB, etc. or harder. would make things more entertaining.

Well spardion +10 with Vol soul, Power II, Stamina II
My Fan units that gave 239 S-def. Snow Souls Body II, and 3rd forget what it is. 1.3k def is with Drink, Deband pushes that further,

1 dmg received by all is hilarious lol

Aryube
Sep 26, 2012, 12:20 PM
yes i can promise this is the case lol, ive tested it. 1.2k def after high def drink i get like 100 more def, it has worked off only base stats, they all do. Reason I find stat up points to be very effective especially that the 20% bonus is only applied to base stats aswell :)

yeah you're right... for some reason i never noticed this... was under the impression it took your whole s-atk into account (though that would be broken)

thanks for the info :>

Eternal255
Sep 26, 2012, 12:20 PM
Well spardion +10 with Vol soul, Power II, Stamina II
My Fan units that gave 239 S-def. Snow Souls Body II, and 3rd forget what it is. 1.3k def is with Drink, Deband pushes that further,

1 dmg received by all is hilarious lol

Thats ridiculous lol, what fan units are you talking about? I'm using the calvira wings or w/e, only 161 s-def each at +10 (they were like the highest that didnt require 400+ base def) but i dont really have any abilities on them.

gigawuts
Sep 26, 2012, 12:21 PM
Erm, a lot of this seems jarbled to me. Double Cannon, have you invested SP yet? Could you break down what you're looking to do with fighter?

DoubleCannon
Sep 26, 2012, 12:27 PM
Thats ridiculous lol, what fan units are you talking about? I'm using the calvira wings or w/e, only 161 s-def each at +10 (they were like the highest that didnt require 400+ base def) but i dont really have any abilities on them.

It's

Rear / Fan Blair
Arm / Fan Blam
Leg / Fan Broi

At +10 they give 189 S-def, 169 R-def, 113 T-def, with Snow Soul + Body II or more thats +50 S-def+ so 239 S-def each = 717 S-def, Now add 50 S-def from skill tree + 10 from my mag then base S-def at lv 40 = crazy S-def lol. However that arm is redonk rare and expensive ._.

I was so close to 1.4k def and 696 hp.. they had to hit me 696 times to kill me lol, poor creatures. And with this much defence I still output awesome damage, though with fighter I am doing much better with dmg output. Soon I can equip my Fan armours :)

Edit: omg i said vol soul, i ment snow soul oops

DoubleCannon
Sep 26, 2012, 12:30 PM
Erm, a lot of this seems jarbled to me. Double Cannon, have you invested SP yet? Could you break down what you're looking to do with fighter?

Sure, I plan do be a tanker and a be able to output great damage at the same time. Basically have high stats to glare at lol. Already with my hunter I have this, at level 50 I will invest the step skills on hunter and keep the stat up stats on fighter + stances for boss fights. I just used deadly archer with stance and wow, just wow lol. So for me personally DBS only, I really won't be bored of DBS, never got old in PSO, except TJS did take its thunder lol.

Err.. so thats kinda what I am trying to accomplish, Tank + Power / high stats.

gigawuts
Sep 26, 2012, 12:41 PM
The thing is...this is like going for a DPS build on techer. It has minimal returns for high investments, leaving the original class better and without realizing the class's actual potential.

Do you have a defensive mag?

It's not about "getting old," it's about one weapon being specifically designed so it can't be the best in every situation. There ARE times daggers are the better choice, or even fists. I understand you may not want the gears on this tree, but I advise at least trying them on one tree.

For your build, I'd stick with the multiplier skills. Go with stance ups & stances. The base atk's do not actually benefit you enough to offset the incredible gains from the stances, even if you don't always have them enabled. The multipliers get up to 1.44x and 1.69x to damage - no amount of s-atk ups will raise your damage that high, especially not for 20 sp + prerequisites.

edit: Plus, when subclasses are added, this tree might be redundant considering you can sub your tanking hunter build. Is that something you'd do?

Sesheenku
Sep 26, 2012, 04:05 PM
The thing is...this is like going for a DPS build on techer. It has minimal returns for high investments, leaving the original class better and without realizing the class's actual potential.
?

Can't stress this part enough! Hunters are the tanks and have a good deal more hp and def than Fighters.

So yeah think of Fighter as a Rogue class, it's already squishy, there's little gain from trying to push it's def as high as possible because it will still be, comparatively abysmal.

Not that you can't do what you want DoubleCannon but just stressing this point.

It's like trying to make a tank mage, it just doesn't work with an archetypical mage class does it?

DoubleCannon
Sep 26, 2012, 04:17 PM
Can't stress this part enough! Hunters are the tanks and have a good deal more hp and def than Fighters.

So yeah think of Fighter as a Rogue class, it's already squishy, there's little gain from trying to push it's def as high as possible because it will still be, comparatively abysmal.

Not that you can't do what you want DoubleCannon but just stressing this point.

It's like trying to make a tank mage, it just doesn't work with an archetypical mage class does it?

uhh fighter has the same stats as a hunter .. exact same Base S-def and S-atk I believe, someone posted the level 40 stats and im fusturated I can not find them. Anyways I do know that Fighters are not squishy at all, they have the same base stats except lower hp and more T-def? or T-atk can not remember. Hell could someone post that darn chart so I don't look dumb lol

Found it!! http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%83%92%E3%83%A5%E3%83%BC%E3%83%9E%E3% 83%B3

There, so I am afraid I fail to understand the squishy part, Yes Hunter has Guard stance, I never used this though and subclass would allow me to this anyways. I will be 1.3k def again as a fighter with very close to 1k S-atk without sub.

I think I will just max the Stances though before S-atk up.

Also note, I say tanker but I do not mean 100% max tanker, I want very high def but also very high S-atk / damage output. 1.3k def is already insane = 1 dmg received from most.

gigawuts
Sep 26, 2012, 04:25 PM
Except with different attack animations with different allowances for dashing/guarding, and no just guard at all.

Hunter is indisputably the better defensive class.

What makes hunter so tanky isn't its base stats, it's its abilities. This is one of those games where stats are secondary to strategy and skill. Saving 1 hit by having better damage or defense doesn't matter when you can deal or avoid more hits in the same time. Obviously I don't mean stats so high you deal twice the damage or take half the damage, but you get my point.

Double saber might better for dps, but it sure can't allow tanking tactics like the sword can. By trying to force it you lose out on DPS anyway. The defense up skill is that deep into the tree for a reason, and you don't really seem to be rounding out the only unique parts of fighter. Multipliers always outdo finite bonuses.

DoubleCannon
Sep 26, 2012, 04:37 PM
Except with different attack animations with different allowances for dashing/guarding, and no just guard at all.

Hunter is indisputably the better defensive class.

What makes hunter so tanky isn't its base stats, it's its abilities. This is one of those games where stats are secondary to strategy and skill. Saving 1 hit by having better damage or defense doesn't matter when you can deal or avoid more hits in the same time. Obviously I don't mean stats so high you deal twice the damage or take half the damage, but you get my point.

Double saber might better for dps, but it sure can't allow tanking tactics like the sword can. By trying to force it you lose out on DPS anyway. The defense up skill is that deep into the tree for a reason, and you don't really seem to be rounding out the only unique parts of fighter. Multipliers always outdo finite bonuses.

Hmm yeah, I am gonna max the multiply stances before S-atk, that can come later. I have to reset my hunter tree, I screwed that up :( .. however I have no idea how to get A-Cash lol. As I have my fighter tree at the moment, I will not be able to max stances until level 50 is introduced. All I know is using deadly archer with stance is brutal lol. Poor bosses

Ok so this is my build regardless, Went online to check what I have currently done, already invested 30 SP .. so I will atleast have the stances all nearly maxed.. lol

http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/fighter.html?01FI!IOI2IbrNGAfGKHof
Wether its good or not, thats what I am going with