PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 How the heck do you guys level so fast?

MissMalice
Sep 26, 2012, 11:55 PM
I just have to know really. Most of the people I added as friends when I first joined at the release have at least 2 classes maxed to 40. There are people running around that have the three main classes all level 40, and well on their way to having all three advanced classes maxed as well...

And here I am with a level 33 Ranger/28 Gunner, and now currently trying to level Hunter to give Fighter a try.

I've been doing big multiparty grinds in whatever the currently highest level Free Exploration I can do at that time, but it doesn't really seem to cut it... Someone mentioned to me that Time Attack runs are a good way to level too, but I rarely see anyone doing them or looking for a party for them.

Anywho, I'm just trying to find out how you super-maxed out people leveled so friggen' quickly.

Alisha
Sep 26, 2012, 11:56 PM
basement dwellers with no jobs? XD

blace
Sep 26, 2012, 11:58 PM
You know, this was something I wanted to ask at one point, but passed it off as having more time.

With my schedule and times I play, I can see that, but some people I've seen leveled to 40 in a few days and that is just something I can't remotely do.

Edit: What else I forgot to mention, part of the time I see them talking in the lobby and the next thing you know, they out level you.

MissMalice
Sep 27, 2012, 12:07 AM
basement dwellers with no jobs? XD

Well, I wouldn't want to put it so negatively, but I considered this too. There are bound to be some players who absolutely have nothing else to do all day but sit and play. But... -shrug- I honestly feel like there's gotta be a more efficient way to level without going into a huge multiparty for hours upon hours on end. :c

Edit: What else I forgot to mention, part of the time I see them talking in the lobby and the next thing you know, they out level you.

Yes, this!! When the advanced classes came out, one of my questing buddies got a small 5 level head start. We got to level 15 together and then the next morning, he was afk in the lobby and level 38. I'm just like WTF. I know how he did it though. He spent some cash on the exp tickets from the AC shop and just leveled all night. ._.

Fricken' owls.

Chik'Tikka
Sep 27, 2012, 12:13 AM
ikr?? i only just now unlocked gunner, and only my ranger is level 40, another thing that doesn't make sense is AC scratch items getting higher and higher, i remember they used to be like 500K and that was doable, now new outfits are 2 mill +, kinda depressing and a complete turn off+^_^+

Nerineri
Sep 27, 2012, 12:17 AM
Probably due to Franka and Chieska(I can't spell her name)'s CO. What I did though is that take their CO and collect the items while in MPA. Once the items amount satisfied the CO, sent them to storage. Then finish the CO with the class you want to level up.

Used to work nicely though with some of the CO net about 30000 something exp. But now, you can only do those high exp reward once every 7 days instead of everyday though, so it become much slower.

FenixStryk
Sep 27, 2012, 12:19 AM
Running Free MPAs is enough to hit 40 on any class in less than a week even if you ignore COs... the only hard part is unlocking all of the Free areas the first time. Hell, I knocked out Techer in what amounts to a weekend's worth of time via MPAs; it may not be the ideal min/max fastest strategy, but it's certainly simple enough for you.

Put in the time and it'll come naturally.

BIG OLAF
Sep 27, 2012, 12:21 AM
Emergency missions help a great deal. Also, lots and lots of Codes.

Client orders obviously play a part, too.

EDIT: But I'll admit I'm a loser with no job and no friends, so yeah. That also, uh, "helps."

gigawuts
Sep 27, 2012, 12:30 AM
i hit stuff with swords

blace
Sep 27, 2012, 12:35 AM
Emergency missions help a great deal. Also, lots and lots of Codes.

Client orders obviously play a part, too.

EDIT: But I'll admit I'm a loser with no job and no friends, so yeah. That also, uh, "helps."
I guess that works for you. Just wondering how you level so fast when I see you chatting away or posing in the lobby.

BIG OLAF
Sep 27, 2012, 12:40 AM
I guess that works for you. Just wondering how you level so fast when I see you chatting away or posing in the lobby.

I dunno if that wording is supposed to be like a pseudo-mockery of some sort (but I'll answer it seriously), but what you mentioned is usually when:

- I've got nothing else to do (done leveling, like right now, for instance. Fighter is level 40)
- I'm waiting for a friend
- I see someone I would like to talk to (or someone wants to talk to me)

blace
Sep 27, 2012, 12:42 AM
Not trying to mock, I appologize if it had sounded that way. I just happen to notice you and a few others idling away in the lobby.

Rien
Sep 27, 2012, 12:55 AM
Back when Cressida's client order cooldowns were only 1 day long...

Crimson Exile
Sep 27, 2012, 01:10 AM
I just have to know really. Most of the people I added as friends when I first joined at the release have at least 2 classes maxed to 40. There are people running around that have the three main classes all level 40, and well on their way to having all three advanced classes maxed as well...

And here I am with a level 33 Ranger/28 Gunner, and now currently trying to level Hunter to give Fighter a try.

I've been doing big multiparty grinds in whatever the currently highest level Free Exploration I can do at that time, but it doesn't really seem to cut it... Someone mentioned to me that Time Attack runs are a good way to level too, but I rarely see anyone doing them or looking for a party for them.

Anywho, I'm just trying to find out how you super-maxed out people leveled so friggen' quickly.
Best way to level grind 101

1. Get all Client orders for either caves or sky land (Hans, Franca, Lavelle)
2. Have a music playlist ready with at least 2 hours of songs.
3. Join a JP password protected party with 3 teams of 4 setup.
4. Have a greeting, CG, and a code alert set for MPA.
5. Follow JP players and kill.
6. After about 4 hours of grinding, 1mil in weapons to npc, 5-6 PSE burst, All CO done, 3-4 Levels, 5-6 rares, 15-20 Boss fights...... You level fast lol

Drifting Fable
Sep 27, 2012, 01:43 AM
Also, if you can look for a Zanba sword or an Axion gunblade with both Another History and EXP Boost I. Those abilities stack giving you a lovely permanent 15% exp boost when you wield it. Its a big help on emergency missions and farming runs.

Sesheenku
Sep 27, 2012, 04:33 AM

Ima go out in public here and tell you, to gain levels rapidly while only grinding MPA's REQUIRES that you no life it.

Example -> I've been playing for a total of 8 days now for the first 3 days I played 16 hours those days, and a quarter way through my third day I became a Fighter, and 2 days later I'm back at level 29 as a Fighter. (The rest of the time I've been helping friends and not really grinding much)

So if someone is doing nothing but MPA's and leveling rapidly, I assure you they are no lifing it because I have experience in this matter!

CelestialBlade
Sep 27, 2012, 04:38 AM
From what I've seen it's all in doing Client Orders and MPAs hoping for Cross Bursts.

I'm 27 in Fighter and I consider that to be fast. I don't know why some people rush to cap with the content gaps the way they are.

(why haven't we met in game Eury? Gotta grab your card sometime.)

MissMalice
Sep 27, 2012, 06:28 AM
[FONT="Century Gothic"]
Also, if you can look for a Zanba sword or an Axion gunblade with both Another History and EXP Boost I. Those abilities stack giving you a lovely permanent 15% exp boost when you wield it. Its a big help on emergency missions and farming runs.

Bought and bought. Thank you! c:

So if someone is doing nothing but MPA's and leveling rapidly, I assure you they are no lifing it because I have experience in this matter!

-sigh- Yeah, it looks like I'll have to kiss my husband good-bye, batten down the hatches, and secure my best ass-cushion for a super MPA-spree. .__. Its the No-Lifer's Life for me...

(why haven't we met in game Eury? Gotta grab your card sometime.)

I blend in with the crowds and don't really talk almost at all in game. So most likely we've ran into each other on occasions~

I've also never understood why people try to rush to cap so quickly.. I mean, if you just level quickly, it happens. But there are people who feel like they must absolutely be level 40 in under a week on all chars and classes... And so often I see a few capped people in the lobbies spamming: "I'M BORED" or "THERE'S NOTHING TO DO" ._. And this is the exact face I make every time I see those people:

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i3.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/007/666/_57c8a1a431a592af806925e57258202f.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Kinujou
Sep 27, 2012, 06:35 AM
it works best if you do MPA with a group of friends, chatting along the way while enjoying yourselves.

Mystil
Sep 27, 2012, 06:53 AM
By not wasting time.

Ana-Chan
Sep 27, 2012, 06:53 AM
[FONT="Century Gothic"]I've also never understood why people try to rush to cap so quickly.. I mean, if you just level quickly, it happens. But there are people who feel like they must absolutely be level 40 in under a week on all chars and classes... And so often I see a few capped people in the lobbies spamming: "I'M BORED" or "THERE'S NOTHING TO DO" ._. And this is the exact face I make every time I see those people:

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i3.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/007/666/_57c8a1a431a592af806925e57258202f.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Well, I feel the same. I only have one class at cap and only one of the new classes unlocked. Hunter is at 26, Ranger is still somewhere around 3 or 4, Force is currently capped and Techter is 11. I also have no real issues with this since for me it is the actual playing which is the fun part.

Alisha
Sep 27, 2012, 06:56 AM
you know i was half joking when i said that LOL

Crimson Exile
Sep 27, 2012, 07:40 AM
Well the 3 people I know of who have every class capped did it because they want to get back to farming new rares.
If you think about it for a second it makes sense. Next month we get 10*+ weapons and units making everything we have worthless.
The prices on these 10*+ items may turn out to be insane (guessing 15mil and up).
If sub classes require you to max the sub they are already prepared.
But in the end we all have to remember that we must play the game the way we want to play it.
If someone wants to no life MPA, lobby chat, or not play at all it's a choice they have made.

Arika
Sep 27, 2012, 07:42 AM
My only suggestion is that. If you can log in around JP populated time, then join their party with locked-password. (they show password in comment, and you have to figure it out how to type it correctly.) A good MPA will make everything different. you could get meseta and exp at around 2x of normal MPA speed without using any ticket. (compare between 12/12 both)

random open MPA usually not have much of good team work to make everything efficient.

Enforcer MKV
Sep 27, 2012, 07:50 AM

6. After about 4 hours of grinding, 1mil in weapons to npc, 5-6 PSE burst, All CO done, 3-4 Levels, 5-6 rares, 15-20 Boss fights...... You level fast lol

.....Dammit, Crim, next time we're both online you're dragging me along! D:

Slidikins
Sep 27, 2012, 08:50 AM
I'm no expert at leveling but I've made a joke out of the "abysmal" 20-30 grind on Ranger, Force, and Techer. Techer was by far the easiest, but my method:

1. Open your Matter Board. Most of the missions are in the same "area" of the game. So figure out which area you'll be in.
2. Grab all the client orders for that area. Hans' are pretty much kill quests. Low exp but they add up. Franka's are better. Any others you can grab from other NPCs are welcome and usually great exp too.
3. Hunt down Matter Board items with a vengeance.

In about 5 hours over two days, I went from Lv27 to Lv32 on my Techer just hunting a drop from Catadran in a Caves MPA. I finished Hans' quests twice, a couple of Wand trainings, some of Franka's, some of Emeline's, and probably a Medical Station CO as well. Only other thing I did was Desert MPA with my Team for team order drops and another CO or two.

Just preoccupy yourself with something else (the story works for me, good reading practice) and you level in a flash.

Shirokami
Sep 27, 2012, 09:38 AM
I saw many people leveling fast, but for some reason, monsters died at the exact time they spawned :O What kind of skill is that? :3
Was funny to see Ragne Spawndying LOL! They must have a very powerful secret skill right? :D

IzzyData
Sep 27, 2012, 10:03 AM
I saw many people leveling fast, but for some reason, monsters died at the exact time they spawned :O What kind of skill is that? :3
Was funny to see Ragne Spawndying LOL! They must have a very powerful secret skill right? :D

That is called cheating. :-)

Jakosifer
Sep 27, 2012, 10:08 AM
im an english player so i cheat and hack

Shirokami
Sep 27, 2012, 10:25 AM

I'm an argentinian player so I have pride and won't hack nor cheat and do my best.
Cheating? Typical England behaviour~

Eternal255
Sep 27, 2012, 10:36 AM
Sacrificing free time (and sleep time) for game time. I go to work & school four days a week. But lately i've been hooked onto this game and havent been going out the last couple of weeks as much as usual besides that and a few studio sessions here and there.

Honestly, if you can keep a balance between this and other things you do then power to ya. I really needa get back to making music lol.

Shirokami
Sep 27, 2012, 10:49 AM

Sacrificing free time (and sleep time) for game time. I go to work & school four days a week. But lately i've been hooked onto this game and havent been going out the last couple of weeks as much as usual besides that and a few studio sessions here and there.

Honestly, if you can keep a balance between this and other things you do then power to ya. I really needa get back to making music lol.

What kind of music do you make?

Ryo
Sep 27, 2012, 10:55 AM
When the game first came out my life was much different, I didn't have much by way of commitment aside from work, so I was able to stay up to 3-4 AM playing then sleep for a few and go to work, and then sneak off and grind a few levels out during the work day.

But now, things are much different, I'm only a level 28 Fighter and it's been slow going but to be honest in a sense I'm having a bit more fun this way. I'm forced into parties with folks I don't know, since my friends have long-since passed me.

Eternal255
Sep 27, 2012, 10:56 AM
What kind of music do you make?

hardstyle... or at least 'attempt' to lol i dont really put out much cuz im not satisfied with em

RadGalaxy
Sep 27, 2012, 11:12 AM
Honestly, I leveled ranger to 30 in about 4 days. Part of it was getting into the right MPAs that give more emergency codes, in combination with multiple client orders that can be done at the same time. , in addition to sneaking in some quick ones as a higher level class. I also went through some exp boost items, and used weapons with exp boost as well. Spending a lot of time in caves helps. Also, focus on how quick you can kill things over how much exp you get from them. There's a lot of luck involved, and knowing which MPA map "feels" right. There's a knack you have to have for that. Exploiting Franka's quests helps, a lot, especially if you've done a lot of farming recently and have lots of meseta to spend.

...but I'm well aware of the fact that I'm crazy.

gravityvx
Sep 27, 2012, 11:42 AM
Leveling aside, I can barely find a damn full MPA game for my gunner to even level in the first place lately, soon as the jps log off there's no games for a 25 Gunner whenever I am on, will sometimes get lucky and find a normal mines that'll fall apart within 15min but that's it. Back on my hunter, ranger and force a month or two ago...was very easy to reach 40 and they are all different characters and this time around just seems waaaaaay longer.

Arika
Sep 27, 2012, 11:52 AM
.....Dammit, Crim, next time we're both online you're dragging me along! D:

Well, I think when Crim online, it suppose to about the time most lock-party is about to end already. If you really want that, try to get on around JP peak time. (their 8 pm+) Usually many good MPA.

after midnight, there could be still some MPA remain, but it usually won't be as good since they are sleeply.

gigawuts
Sep 27, 2012, 03:45 PM
Honestly, if you can spare about 2 hours a day, grab every CO for the area you're hitting. The mines is great if you do the tranmizer subdue, because it has gilnas which count for two more hans CO's. You can pull probably 30-40k SP a day off hans alone. If you don't finish them, don't worry about it! Leave it until the next day to turn in. Also, don't forget the weather, Franka's longer cooldown CO's, and Cressida's area 30x item quests.

If you like the mines. The thing with playing this game casually is you need to like what you're doing. If you don't you're really better off playing something else, either another level or even another game until you do like content they've added. Me for instance, I really don't like the FC, but the new temple/ruins are exactly what I was hoping for. Mossied up ruins are neat. I can see myself happily puttering away in that area exactly the way I do in mines.

edit: Also there's emergency quests that get flooded with players, and you can usually complete entire CO's for the area in just 2 missions or less.

Kazzi
Sep 27, 2012, 06:03 PM
edit: Also there's emergency quests that get flooded with players, and you can usually complete entire CO's for the area in just 2 missions or less.

I levelled from level 39 to 40 in 20 minutes during the 500 point city mission. It took me over 2 hours to grind from 38-39 in mines.

Seriously, the city emergency missions are gold mines for exp.

Zorafim
Sep 27, 2012, 06:03 PM
You get out as much as you put in. When most people play MMOs (don't start this PSO2 isn't an MMO thing, I'm generalizing!), they spend most of their free time on it. I rarely ever play other games when I have stuff to do on an MMO.

So, basically, have fun. I normally play with goals. Catch up on my client orders, matter boards, anything else I'm behind on. Normally for the same area. Thing is, you'll always fall behind on one thing or another, but I "fixed" this by leveling everything (because come on, every class is awesome and unique). Don't worry about how slowly you level. Worry instead about how much fun you're having. If your friends like you, they'll fall behind and help you with stuff. And at higher levels, it's not like they're losing out on anything anyway.

Yup, I laughed.

Heat Haze
Sep 27, 2012, 06:50 PM
All it really comes down to is more time. Generally.

Many people have gotten level 40 classes (base classes, mind you) from doing Clessida and Franka's Client Orders. Each day, it was.. close to 100k EXP without so much as doing anything. Sad they fixed it somewhat because I'm lazy, but.. I 'guess' it was necessary.

For the newer classes, Emergency Missions (Very thankful they occur more often, albeit shorter duration) and Client Orders help immensely. For example, completing most of Franka's Client Orders have gotten my GU class from level 1 to level 15 (so I can immediately jump straight into some free fields).

Other than Client Orders, there is the usual Grinding MPA deal. All you need is a good party, a good map, and a little luck to rake in some serious EXP.

Lostbob117
Sep 27, 2012, 07:49 PM
Farming free field floating continents makes it really easy.

moeri
Sep 27, 2012, 11:52 PM
I see all these people talk about just getting in multi-parties... but I never see them...

I would think japanese prime time would be around 5 AM EST so... ugh i really don;t think I can be up at that time

trying to level techer on desert free roam normal (force got to 40 without multi parties)... and I am the only party doing the mission on the most populated channel

It is really sad when I go to city and I am the only one there...

Actually since MPAs seem to be the way to go I might set my alarm for 4AM this weekend... and have coffee and food prepared

Actually... cave is the better place to level? Maybe I will look for a multi there...

Though the real problem for me is probably just that I am having problems with playing the game for some reason... I get all excited about playing and then fall asleep within 30 minutes of starting... even if I just woke up... I don't think it is boredom, its just this game puts me to sleep for some reason

yunamon
Sep 28, 2012, 12:51 AM
• Join MPAs
• Join E-Quests
• Getting CO relative to the targeted fields you're going
• Always get the Darkers CO offered daily
• Use high level mains to grind CO to level up your subs

That's what I did.

Sesheenku
Sep 28, 2012, 12:54 AM
I see all these people talk about just getting in multi-parties... but I never see them...

I would think japanese prime time would be around 5 AM EST so... ugh i really don;t think I can be up at that time

trying to level techer on desert free roam normal (force got to 40 without multi parties)... and I am the only party doing the mission on the most populated channel

It is really sad when I go to city and I am the only one there...

Actually since MPAs seem to be the way to go I might set my alarm for 4AM this weekend... and have coffee and food prepared

Actually... cave is the better place to level? Maybe I will look for a multi there...

Though the real problem for me is probably just that I am having problems with playing the game for some reason... I get all excited about playing and then fall asleep within 30 minutes of starting... even if I just woke up... I don't think it is boredom, its just this game puts me to sleep for some reason

Probably because it's a good game but very repetitive. I hope they mix things up a bit soon.

MissMalice
Sep 28, 2012, 01:06 AM
I have to thank everyone for their input. Mostly what everyone has said are the methods that I've been using for some time now. So, I must apologize. Its just always been in my nature to try to make things more... Um. I'd hate to use the word efficient again, but that's really the exact word I'm looking for. Its not that the grinds are boring or I'm lazy. It was just a feeling itching in my mind--as I watched people soar through levels--that there must be some less-known method of leveling beyond just doing high level COs and turning in on a different class, or multiparty sessions. That's just me though... I always feel like everything can be improved somehow. But since pretty much what I've been doing IS the most efficient way to level [that we all know of so far], my only other option is to cough up some change and buy exp tickets.

Anywho, I'm sorry to have wasted your time, everyone. I guess I'm just going slightly insane. :c

On the bright side, I got 2.5 levels today. If I can keep up that rate, I'll hopefully be able to have Fighter unlocked by the end of the week!

Arika
Sep 28, 2012, 02:00 AM
I have to thank everyone for their input. Mostly what everyone has said are the methods that I've been using for some time now. So, I must apologize. Its just always been in my nature to try to make things more... Um. I'd hate to use the word efficient again, but that's really the exact word I'm looking for. Its not that the grinds are boring or I'm lazy. It was just a feeling itching in my mind--as I watched people soar through levels--that there must be some less-known method of leveling beyond just doing high level COs and turning in on a different class, or multiparty sessions. That's just me though... I always feel like everything can be improved somehow. But since pretty much what I've been doing IS the most efficient way to level [that we all know of so far], my only other option is to cough up some change and buy exp tickets.

Anywho, I'm sorry to have wasted your time, everyone. I guess I'm just going slightly insane. :c

On the bright side, I got 2.5 levels today. If I can keep up that rate, I'll hopefully be able to have Fighter unlocked by the end of the week!

method may be the same, but just the party itself will make the different. I can see from MPA complain thread that it seem there aren't so many efficient team around NA time. (well but I m not on that time myself, so I don't know. I only know that B-20 never have any good forest hard MPA to live up with the block-name of H-森林)

A good MPA would be like this :

Although, 4 hours for 1 mil isn't good enough. Usually in JP peak time, I could get around 1.5 mil meseta for 4 hours long of locked-party from NPC items. (plus rare chance that may give double of the amount)

FenixStryk
Sep 28, 2012, 03:25 AM
method may be the same, but just the party itself will make the different. I can see from MPA complain thread that it seem there aren't so many efficient team around NA time.Aye. The difference between a good MP and a bad one is massive. If you join an MPA, head to the second area and don't see a ball of 11 people closely packed together, running around and demolishing everything as they spawn, you should probably keep looking.

Cortte
Sep 28, 2012, 03:49 AM
When it came to my ranger personally it was because I had a lot of time. At that time I was out of a job while friends were busy. So I spammed the hell out of PSO2. Now that I am advancing to Gunner at times it felt slow, but really I think it just feels that way because of the lack of effort I put in. Take for example those Weather siting quest. They can be repeated over a set period of time, and give small chunks of exp. Just repeating those ones, and the quests Hans gives us on the given area I am able to explore gave me 9 levels in a week. What with work and time to hang with friends. Keep on top of the questing and those little chunks can go a long way. Not to mention a fantastic run or two with an emergency quest.

-Edit- Given I am only currently level 17, but still the point stands. Once I get into hard mode ill be able to get some of the more rewarding quests. Then give some of those ranger only quest rewards to my Gunner and bing bam.....bibbidyBOP!

Shirokami
Sep 28, 2012, 06:00 AM
Wait... I think the exp requirements went up o.o

Sesheenku
Sep 28, 2012, 06:06 AM
Wait... I think the exp requirements went up o.o

Did they? Being lazy I got my Fighter to 30 in even less time than it took to get my Hunter to 30!

FlameOfYagami
Sep 28, 2012, 06:47 AM
The funny thing about this topic is that people find it hard to lvl up in this game. It's far too easy.

FerrPSO
Sep 28, 2012, 06:49 AM
Usually in JP peak time, I could get around 1.5 mil meseta for 4 hours long of locked-party from NPC items

Holy shit, guess Im not going to the right MPA parties.

And yeah, I play on EU peak times and theres not much MPA parties going on, and the ones are kind of bad (everyone scaterred around the map, and not enough interest to pursue PSE's).

gigawuts
Sep 28, 2012, 06:56 AM
Regale us with tales of how PSO2 should require hundreds of hours of mindless grinding to achieve level 2.

moeri
Sep 28, 2012, 09:01 AM
Actually, now that I think about it I did do client orders when I was leveling my force.

On my techer I have not been doing as many client orders, mainly because I didn;t want to be bothered by trying to figure out what every quest was on that long list of jqpanese characters that I cannot understand.

So yeah, maybe I will pick up client orders and see if it makes a difference.

MissMalice
Sep 28, 2012, 09:58 AM
The funny thing about this topic is that people find it hard to lvl up in this game. It's far too easy.

I'm afraid that you seem to be missing the point of this thread, so I suppose I should clarify?

I see friends leveling faster than me
Haven't been able to question them of their methods of how they seem to be leveling faster than most
Came here to ask if there was a more efficient method than what I was aware of

I never said that leveling was hard. I apologize that you misunderstood. However, in my last post I noted that:

I appreciated everyone's responses
Confirmed that the same method I've been using to level is--in fact--the most efficient method of leveling
Apologized for any wasted time for my behalf

Hope that clears things up for you? Tried to make it as simple as possible.

Mystil
Sep 29, 2012, 03:09 PM
Play the way you have been playing. Focusing on the rate of which you have been leveling and comparing it to others will slowly discourage you, as well as burn out. I wouldnt tell you this if I hadn't been through this myself.

Lostbob117
Sep 30, 2012, 12:54 AM
Also you could find a 50% Exp boost in FUN scratch I found earlier.

FlameOfYagami
Sep 30, 2012, 02:36 AM
I got Techer to 40 in 4-5 days lmao.

Like I said in my first post If you spent less time flirting with female chars (who are dudes too) in the lobby or spamming BS you guys would level MUCH fater.

I have a full time job, yet I lvl my classes with ease. However unlike most of you I don't spend my hours in the lobby trying to pick up "girls" (aka dudes in drag) or spamming dumb things. I actually log on and start playing.

Also, I do not play in block 20. That's another key thing. I play in the other blocks with the JP players. They are quiet and are serious about lvling. They aren't sitting around in a multi whispering all day, trying to flirt with female chars (who are dudes irl) or being noobs splitting up.

Decent JP parties stick together and play hard. We get MANY crossburst and it's just an overall blast and easy lvl's and loot.

gigawuts
Sep 30, 2012, 02:39 AM
I'm glad you've figured out the only way to play the game.

BIG OLAF
Sep 30, 2012, 02:41 AM
If you spent less time flirting with female chars (who are dudes too)...

...However unlike most of you I don't spend my hours in the lobby trying to pick up "girls" (aka dudes in drag)...

...trying to flirt with female chars (who are dudes irl)...

While the rest of your post is correct, this is stupid. I've never seen anyone attempt to do this.

Edited in the other parts too, because mentioning it three times is funny and weird.

Chik'Tikka
Sep 30, 2012, 02:49 AM
^ same, i don't think I've seen a single instance of gutterhead behavior on PSO2, quite refreshing after PSU last year, and JP players are great, however many (about half I'd say) are setting up MPA passwords with hard to find Kanji, just awhile ago i was trying to get some farming done on FI and either the MPA was full or the MPA had a Kanji PW+^_^+ had to actually start a run, i don't like starting runs, ima lazy+^_^+

Rien
Sep 30, 2012, 03:00 AM
I'm glad you've figured out the only way to play the game.

More like the only way to get effective results.

gigawuts
Sep 30, 2012, 03:04 AM
More like the only way to get effective results.

Effective doesn't do you a damn bit of good if it bores you to tears and makes you want to stop playing.

Fact is, there's making money, then there's enjoying a game. The two are not mutually inclusive for a vast quantity of players. I do not play PSO2 to watch my wallet go up. I play it for something to do. Being in a small blob of players killing everything faster than it spawns is not remotely fun for me, so I don't do it. I've leveled up just fine.

Walking around as FlameOfYagami here does and repeatedly making a point to bring up the hitting on G.I.R.L.s in lobbies is bizarre, considering I've literally never once seen it happen in this game. Making a point to insist that anyone who isn't capped is clearly doing exactly that is pretty bizarre as well. Makes me wonder where he gets the idea that people always do that when they're not powerleveling.

FlameOfYagami
Sep 30, 2012, 03:31 AM
He's right. It is the only way to get effective results. Also I dont see what's so "weird/bizarre" about what i said. It's true. Whenever I visit the third world (block 20) I see this quite often. It also happens it multi parties aswell.

I remember the last multi I was in (block 20) we had a quartz and two cata's yet out of the 12 people only 5 of us were fighting them while the rest afk/whispering, and some flirting with each other. Now this is where it gets bizarre as you say.

One of the losers was like "Hey can I touch your bewbs?!!" to another female char (obviously a dude) the other char goes "Only if I can touch yours?" obviously a ****ing dude aswell lmao. Then someone else joined the flirting. So here you hae 3 males with female chars flirting with each other as they hoped that atleast one of them was a real female in real life hahahahahaha. That's just pathetic is you ask me lmao.

So here you have us the 5 that are trying to have a legit multi party going dafuq? O_o! as we are trying to kill a dragon and two catas.

That's the last time I tried playing a decent multi in the thirdworld.

gigawuts
Sep 30, 2012, 04:18 AM
Seriously? You must run into them like I always ran into the types that whine about how to do things, as though they A) own the MPA or B) know everything. It might be passable if everyone had some kind of similar ruleset, but no, everyone seems to think their way is right and it usually conflicts with what other people are saying in that same MPA. Do they argue with eachother to sort it out? No. They just whine when they're not getting their way.

MPA's with other people are so meh.

You're definitely right about the JP players being better at it though. When they MPA, they MPA. They don't whine or bark orders, they just MPA. They know what to do and have a set of unspoken rules involving not being idiots. When I want to go MPAing, I find a JP block and join a JP room, 9 times out of 10.

Emergency missions are different, everyone knows what they're there for with those.

You may be confusing flirting for joking, though.