PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 Not many Team Rooms on SHIP 2?

EXPFULL
Sep 27, 2012, 11:42 AM
Hey guys,

We just got our team room, and are 26th on the leader board ... does that mean that there are only 26 teams with rooms at time of posting?

That's kinda shocking. I thought the SHIP 2 community would be HAMMERING this!
But I guess it is tough to earn all those points.

Anywho, if you'd like to join us and check out the room, we're usually found on Block 20.

Oh, also, we've got a new episode of the podcast up on iTunes and Stitcher ... still need to update my sig!

BIG OLAF
Sep 27, 2012, 11:47 AM
Well, the bigger teams with more active members are going to have rooms first. Some teams, like the one I'm in for instance, is relatively small and most of our members have a lot of outside responsibilities that take priority over PSO2 (farming TP). It's going to take us probably at least a good week or maybe even longer to get our room up and running.

Griffin
Sep 27, 2012, 12:16 PM
Is that why whenever I try to enter team room, I get booted with an error?

Arios
Sep 27, 2012, 12:17 PM
Is that why whenever I try to enter team room, I get booted with an error?

Yes, a minimum of 10500 TP is necessary to unlock the room.

Griffin
Sep 27, 2012, 12:18 PM
Holy ass.

BIG OLAF
Sep 27, 2012, 12:22 PM
Holy ass.

Exactly, and there are teams which got their team room as early as last night. Shows just how many members they have, and how it's impossible to compete with them for team rankings. Ergo, completely unfair.

Arios
Sep 27, 2012, 12:30 PM
Exactly, and there are teams which got their team room as early as last night. Shows just how many members they have, and how it's impossible to compete with them for team rankings. Ergo, completely unfair.

Impossible indeed. After the first day, i really don't care at looking at those rankings anymore, it's ridiculous.

NoiseHERO
Sep 27, 2012, 12:32 PM
My team has like 3 active members.

I'll show you my team room in a month. o_o

Jakosifer
Sep 27, 2012, 12:37 PM
My team has like 3 active members.

I'll show you my team room in a month. o_o

We will have it by next week. Between my two charies doing these daily...so long as at least one of you does your orders at some point it won't be long. I wish I could just repeat these the moment theyre complete, could grind it out in a day then. -_-

Crimson Exile
Sep 27, 2012, 12:51 PM
We have a good 50 members and 40 are active each day. Always someone to play with morning, noon, or night.

Inazuma
Sep 27, 2012, 12:54 PM
PSOBB had team points and team rankings, but with enough time and effort, smaller teams could actually do better than larger teams. Hell, a one man team could play like crazy, turn in a bunch of rare items for team points and become #1 on the ranking board.

EspeonageTieler
Sep 27, 2012, 01:48 PM
it will be a long ass time before i get a room as my team is only my brother and I

Mystil
Sep 27, 2012, 02:02 PM
Well probably take me and my friend 2 to 3 weeks.

Ryo
Sep 27, 2012, 02:22 PM
We have a good 50 members and 40 are active each day. Always someone to play with morning, noon, or night.

Aren't we on the same team?

Takatsuki
Sep 27, 2012, 02:49 PM
I believe Sega expected most teams to only have about 10 members (I think I remember someone in my team saying this), but most teams have been scouting lots more members, which means less teams overall.

Penelo-chan
Sep 27, 2012, 04:52 PM
Gotta love the team I'm in. <3

Those who are complaining about having a minimum number of people in their team... that's really no excuse. Maybe round up some new members, include yourself with more people around you. Secluding yourself to a team of only 10-15 people could get the job done... but having 30+ could really rally up some points.

I don't think it's right to say that this teaming system is not fair when you have every way to recruit more players as you wish. You just gotta make the effort to do so.

EXPFULL
Sep 27, 2012, 04:55 PM
Aren't we on the same team?

Wow that's a lot. we're just coming up to 30 members as of tonight.

BIG OLAF
Sep 27, 2012, 04:58 PM
Gotta love the team I'm in. <3

Those who are complaining about having a minimum number of people in their team... that's really no excuse. Maybe round up some new members, include yourself with more people around you. Secluding yourself to a team of only 10-15 people could get the job done... but having 30+ could really rally up some points.

I don't think it's right to say that this teaming system is not fair when you have every way to recruit more players as you wish. You just gotta make the effort to do so.

That makes no sense. Firstly, most people are already in a team. Maybe certain teams don't want to invite every Tom, Dick, and Harry they see just to bolster their numbers, yeah?

Unless you're saying that 'small' teams should disband and assimilate into bigger ones. That's also silly.

So yes, it is unfair to smaller teams (who want to stay small). Sorry.

Heat Haze
Sep 27, 2012, 05:00 PM
It is unfair to smaller teams, yeah.

And no, it's not as simple as "invite more people" because.. well, I see them as people.

Not as cattle.

Different story if you're inviting people you knew for a while; and such. But inviting reliable people and friends takes time.

EXPFULL
Sep 27, 2012, 05:15 PM
It is unfair to smaller teams, yeah.

And no, it's not as simple as "invite more people" because.. well, I see them as people.

Not as cattle.

Different story if you're inviting people you knew for a while; and such. But inviting reliable people and friends takes time.

A very good point. We expanded by listeners of the podcast coming to us, not the other way around - that and patching-over with a well known team this evening.

I know 100 seams a lot, but we're going for quality over quantity.

Sesheenku
Sep 27, 2012, 05:33 PM
Hey guys,

We just got our team room, and are 26th on the leader board ... does that mean that there are only 26 teams with rooms at time of posting?

That's kinda shocking. I thought the SHIP 2 community would be HAMMERING this!
But I guess it is tough to earn all those points.

Anywho, if you'd like to join us and check out the room, we're usually found on Block 20.

Oh, also, we've got a new episode of the podcast up on iTunes and Stitcher ... still need to update my sig!

Not gonna lie my team's small and I'm a lazy fu- I'd rather grind levels than team quests and also if they kick me out of the team for it then I know what I was there for! So kind of testing to see if my team is using me or not o;

jooozek
Sep 27, 2012, 05:44 PM
It's dishearting to see people say "unfair" in the context of put together effort in order to get results. If you care only about the room you will be able to patiently build up those points to get it. If you want to participate in the rat race you have two choices: a) recruit more people or b) switch to a bigger team.

PrinceBrightstar
Sep 27, 2012, 05:52 PM
Ok time to drum up old memories. When teams work together, they can do things that not even developers expect. Ergo...

http://archives.dcemulation.org/www.psobb.com/www.psobb.com/downloads/wallpaper.html

When the AOL CUP was over New_Legacy had 20 members but Clumsyorchid could only put 10 of us in the wallpaper we earned for being the top team. By working together with repeated missions hunting Rappy Fans we were able to unlock the 20 player expansion before anyone else did during the AOL CUP hence what put us over the top back then.

This situation of massive teams unlocking it first is very similar to what happened back then.

moorebounce
Sep 27, 2012, 05:57 PM
I've been recuited by at least 4 teams and after I join none of the team members of any of those teams show back up. I just went ahead and made a one man team. I'm not gonna single handedly get all the team points for someone else.

Mike
Sep 27, 2012, 07:10 PM
I'd rather grind levels than team quests
Depending on your luck for the week, these two can overlap. The team I'm in, for example, has a team order for Cargot wings and while hunting these in the desert, I managed to level my hunter from 34 to 36.

gigawuts
Sep 27, 2012, 07:23 PM
I happened to need breeder/briada items, and being that my character was a level 20 gunner I was already doing things primarily in desert.

My other team CO is in hard caves, which lines up nicely again after I get it up a few levels.

Of course, now that I know how many team CO's I'll need to actually do to get anything, I'm probably not going to bother ha ha ha, but yeah there's plenty of potential overlap.

Kinujou
Sep 27, 2012, 09:03 PM
my order just happens to be singoguns.....yea

Darki
Sep 27, 2012, 09:12 PM
That makes no sense. Firstly, most people are already in a team. Maybe certain teams don't want to invite every Tom, Dick, and Harry they see just to bolster their numbers, yeah?

Unless you're saying that 'small' teams should disband and assimilate into bigger ones. That's also silly.

So yes, it is unfair to smaller teams (who want to stay small). Sorry.

That makes no sense either.

If you don't wanna disband and assimilate into bigger teams that's YOUR choice, and big teams or teams who willingly joined together shouldn't pay for that choice. Should I remind you that this is a multiplayer game? The more, the merrier. And of course, I'm not talking about indiscriminately adding unknown people to the team. Not all big teams are big because they went on a recruiting spree specifically for the team options, and sadly there's no way to quantificate that fact into the game.

So no, it is not unfair. It's logical that 50+ people should be able to achieve more together than 1~10, Sorry.

BIG OLAF
Sep 27, 2012, 09:14 PM
That makes no sense either.

It makes plenty, actually.

But, whatever floats your boat!

*wink*

*nudge*

Darki
Sep 27, 2012, 09:18 PM
It makes plenty, actually.

What part, exactly? Care to explain?

BIG OLAF
Sep 27, 2012, 10:43 PM
What part, exactly? Care to explain?

Wellp, maybe smaller teams don't want to disband and go into bigger teams full of strangers. They don't want to suddenly have to answer to someone else. I know I certainly wouldn't want to just join a team full of people I don't know. That makes me uncomfortable.

I never said big teams should "pay" for choosing to unite and become bigger. But, by the same token, smaller teams shouldn't "pay" for choosing to stay small and independent instead of absorbing into a larger conglomerate.

Obviously you don't share my view (most likely because you're already in a huge team that racks up TP, and can't see it from the perspective of a smaller team who struggles for every bit), but that's fine. You won't convince me that it's fair in any way. So that's all I'm going to say to you on the subject.

Darki
Sep 27, 2012, 11:09 PM
Wellp, maybe smaller teams don't want to disband and go into bigger teams full of strangers. They don't want to suddenly have to answer to someone else. I know I certainly wouldn't want to just join a team full of people I don't know. That makes me uncomfortable.

Never said I have anything aganist this. On the contrary I agree with you, to a certain extent. When I joined my team I did because there were lots of people I knew beforehand. I never got "recruited". I wouldn't go to a HUG3 4S5 T34M just to get the photon tree.

But I don't think it's an issue that you can discard as easy, impersonally and fast as that. Wouldn't you want to merge with other teams, in any case? Not even if you and your team got to know those people already (for example, from these forums) and that you sympathize with them enough to consider it? My team wasn't a big one, it got big because we merged with another team, but we did so because most of use knew each other well enough to know that we'd get along pretty well. You put it like if you were a "random team leader A" who encountered a "random team leader B" and decided to merge teams without further discussion. Of course, I can't agree with that, either.

I never said big teams should "pay" for choosing to unite and become bigger. But, by the same token, smaller teams shouldn't "pay" for choosing to stay small and independent instead of absorbing into a larger conglomerate.

Never said that you should do anything. My point goes on the next paragraph.

Obviously you don't share my view (most likely because you're already in a huge team that racks up TP, and can't see it from the perspective of a smaller team who struggles for every bit), but that's fine. You won't convince me that it's fair in any way. So that's all I'm going to say to you on the subject.

What I don't share is the fact that I don't see how would you make it fair. It's like the eternal argument about solo vs party and hardcore vs casual, and how rewarding each experience should be.

I understand why would you wanna keep your team small and friendly, but in terms of rewards you're pretty much saying that it's "unfair" that 10 people can't build a house as fast as 50. The thing is that, if that was possible (I dunno, making it percentual), then what would be the point on having 50 people doing it? We'd go to the opposite side, because that would benefit small teams over big ones, and that would be as unfair as it seems to be now.

In the other hand, I'm not a stubborn forum troll that can't feel empathy for other points of view, as much as you or other members might believe. I just want to understand your reasons. If I was in a smaller team I would still assume that team rewards would come slower than if it was a bigger team. I wanna know why don't you feel that way.

yunamon
Sep 28, 2012, 12:29 AM
We're a small Team and we're working to unlock the Room.

Misaki Ki
Sep 28, 2012, 02:02 AM
I feel my team got screwed over client order wise compared to other teams, so there's a luck of the draw element to this as well. Wasn't happy seeing some of the other teams get orders that involved easy to find things like Dagans or Nordirans.

gigawuts
Sep 28, 2012, 02:19 AM
Blobbing should never be a viable strategy.

Oh right, MPA's. Nevermind.

yunamon
Sep 28, 2012, 03:12 AM
I feel my team got screwed over client order wise compared to other teams, so there's a luck of the draw element to this as well. Wasn't happy seeing some of the other teams get orders that involved easy to find things like Dagans or Nordirans.

Not to mention rare drops too...

The 30 x Za Oodan drops I (We) need to collect for my Team are too rare... Out of 5 Za Oodans only one confirm drop usually... And Za Oodans are quite rare by itself...

The 15 x Windira drops are easier since less are needed... But themselves too are rare... Good thing drop rates are 2 Windi : 1 drop.

Misaki Ki
Sep 28, 2012, 03:48 AM
Ouch, perhaps the TA mission may help with those Za Oodan drops?

But yeah, these orders aren't equal at all. Some orders seem like they'll take a long time to get, and other teams have orders that can be done in the time of one to two runs.

Courina
Sep 28, 2012, 04:07 AM
well... my team this week got 21+ Signo Gun... aside rare (drill mission as raremobs, free-roam desert as EC) ... 5 signo kill in row not drop single item kinda common...

our team used have alot ppl (we ever got trouble for inviting ppl due team limit 100 ppl) ... and funnily, despite alot ppl , we all nice and warm... unlike most description of big team being filled with jerk... hahaha...

but now GW2 release raid 50% of us while other 40% stop playing or gone missing due back to school/work ... sigh... miss the old days...

Husq
Sep 28, 2012, 04:49 AM
well... my team this week got 21+ Signo Gun... aside rare (drill mission as raremobs, free-roam desert as EC) ... 5 signo kill in row not drop single item kinda common...

My ship2 team has to kill Oru Mikuda on the Skylands for the second mission, now do not spawn normally at all, so you have to wait for the right e-code for them to appear and then, drop rate is rather low. I think if you have a big team your second ask is more difficult, or maybe we just got screwed by the random number generator.
If the team size does indeed determines the difficulty of the second task, I don't think smaller groups are disadvantaged.

methaniel
Sep 28, 2012, 05:26 AM

The 30 x Za Oodan drops I (We) need to collect for my Team are too rare... Out of 5 Za Oodans only one confirm drop usually... And Za Oodans are quite rare by itself...

The 15 x Windira drops are easier since less are needed... But themselves too are rare... Good thing drop rates are 2 Windi : 1 drop.

That's...not exactly a rare drop right? 2 windi for 1 drop is quite easy, no? Killing 30 of those should take 20 minutes max in a full MPA.

Also for the second order being based on the team size I have a doubt about it.
Our team is medium-sized (about 30 people) but our 2 orders are rather similar. Luck had it that it was on the same field but the first is 25 drop from Agnis Lv1+ and the second one is 40 drop from Nab Rappy Lv21+. It's just the usual "normal" and "hard" quest (and actually the Nab Rappy is a bit easier since those little birds can drop the item twice when fleeing)

Husq
Sep 28, 2012, 06:49 AM
Also for the second order being based on the team size I have a doubt about it.
Our team is medium-sized (about 30 people) but our 2 orders are rather similar. Luck had it that it was on the same field but the first is 25 drop from Agnis Lv1+ and the second one is 40 drop from Nab Rappy Lv21+. It's just the usual "normal" and "hard" quest (and actually the Nab Rappy is a bit easier since those little birds can drop the item twice when fleeing)

See, my other team, almost same size as your team around 30-40, has for its second order something similar to yours, collecting items from Sadinian. In both cases they spawn regularly on the free maps.
But Oru Mikuda are rare, they only appear on the FC during their own e-code attack. IIRC we have to collect 35 items drops from them, and unless you have a PSE item drop boost, drop rate is like one out of six. As for the team size it is 90-100, with a lot weekend gamers, as I only see most of them logging on at the weekends.
Kind of like to hear what other bigger teams (90+) have for their second quest.

FlameOfYagami
Sep 28, 2012, 07:00 AM
All this team stuff is BS. I mean sure you get access to the Photon Tree but it's not something that;s gonna turn a noob into a pro. It's just a little extra.

The photon tree is the only decent thing about a team room, but nothing to cry about if you dont have it.

I can easily be in one of the best teams (if not the best english community teams out there) since I know the leader well, simply by asking her would be enough. However I don't care about silly team rankings or anything like that. I do not like to affiliate myself with teams or clans. It has never been my thing. I rather be free and do my own thing :)

Mystil
Sep 28, 2012, 07:11 AM
^There are obscure teams that are free and do their own thing.

Spam nab rappy, or spam it's arks mission(not enough I guess) or stick to forest ex area 1(yes I said area 1). Za Oodans aren't as rare as you think. Me and my friend were trying to get orders for the birds done yesterday but 937505702957095709472043 Za Oodans and their little brothers were spawning.

It should be noted, that order items keep dropping even if you're done with it. So long as you keep killing them in the area.

Gama
Sep 28, 2012, 08:25 AM
i'm afraid that this will lead to some teams start recruiting randomly in order to get points faster.

my team is small but we have a nice thing going, so i don't think my team leaders would risk ruining it just to get content faster.

TenebriS
Sep 28, 2012, 09:10 AM
i'm afraid that this will lead to some teams start recruiting randomly in order to get points faster.

my team is small but we have a nice thing going, so i don't think my team leaders would risk ruining it just to get content faster.

Also our team got people with multiple chars, and you can do all COs on all chars every day, so the weekly limit can be reached in a few days^^

Gama
Sep 28, 2012, 11:34 AM
hm never saw it that way....

im not that bright anyway so you guys do the thinking ill do the killing... :D

youcantcatchtheblue
Sep 29, 2012, 01:39 AM
I feel like we should just make one Official PSO-W Team that everyone can join. That would be pretty bad-ass.

Anyone agree? ^^

Mystil
Sep 29, 2012, 01:59 AM
Hell no.

IzzyData
Sep 29, 2012, 02:08 AM
We got our team room awhile ago and we only have about 10 active members. I feel like they made it way to easy. Each person can get like 500 points a day and it only takes 10k... Took probably 1-2 hours of playing to finish both team quests over 2 days.

Oh well.

Galerianx
Sep 29, 2012, 03:52 AM
i had my own 100 member team AionicRush but as i got things going on in RL i made up my mind and got all my members that was on and the ones that was not on that i wanted i mailed to move too exp full as i and some of my members play with them alot and chat alot on exp fulls mumble my members only moved becos i was moving over and as chotix is the team master of exp full so he made me manager

moving to other teams is not that bad :}

Ce'Nedra
Sep 29, 2012, 05:38 AM
Still working on ours, our team doesnt has 349389646 members online a day that result in 43905 team points per day D;

Temprus
Sep 29, 2012, 06:55 AM
The team I'm in, Altair 4-10 (made by knot), is mostly made up of people from the PSOW mibbit irc chatroom. We have near 70 members (10 of those at least are likely alternate accounts) of which maybe 20 are truely playing right now.

We have our team room (had it on 2nd day), but I think most of us are only doing one of the team orders a day till it hopefully changes (the second one requires drops from Sol Dinians and they don't wanna give them up >.<;).

So.... we're slowly building our points after we busted our ass to get the team room. ^.^

syberx
Oct 1, 2012, 03:19 AM
Currently I'm one of the managers from ship2 night arks team (currently ranked 1st in team point rankings).

Starting up a new team and getting the team room requires many dedicated players who are willing to spend time doing team point co weekly which can be tedious. I would recommend players to focus on the co to get the proton tree as its bonuses are invaluable. Find active members that do team co and u will get room in no time

darkante
Oct 1, 2012, 03:38 AM
Well, our team had one finding El Adha's in Mines. Can't say i like going out of my way to do that.

Macman
Oct 1, 2012, 03:39 AM
My team's current orders are garbage. Signo Gun and Ga Wonda drops? Those things are annoying enough to even find, let alone get 20-30 of their drops with what seems like a <50% drop rate.

Doesn't help that it's a tiny team comprised of friends.

yunamon
Oct 1, 2012, 04:32 AM
^There are obscure teams that are free and do their own thing.

Spam nab rappy, or spam it's arks mission(not enough I guess) or stick to forest ex area 1(yes I said area 1). Za Oodans aren't as rare as you think. Me and my friend were trying to get orders for the birds done yesterday but 937505702957095709472043 Za Oodans and their little brothers were spawning.

It should be noted, that order items keep dropping even if you're done with it. So long as you keep killing them in the area.

A Team mate of mine told me to spam the Za Oodan mission too so that's what I do now... :3c

For Windira I've encountered a rather good MPA... A small one too that spawns a lot of them with every lap around the map from start point to finish point... XDc Managed to got myself a set and an extra set for next round of TO.

gigawuts
Oct 1, 2012, 04:36 AM
My team's current orders are garbage. Signo Gun and Ga Wonda drops? Those things are annoying enough to even find, let alone get 20-30 of their drops with what seems like a <50% drop rate.

Yeah, that's dumb. They really need to do common enemy, uncommon enemy, and then maybe boss TO's.

I'm just waiting for the ol micda TO to show up, considering they're bugged and apparently only spawn in the caves emergency quest.

darkante
Oct 1, 2012, 06:22 AM

Seems like either the second or third Desert mission have more Signo gun spawning for me.
Ga Wonda if its the one from Floating Continent have the most on the Catedranza mission.

But yeah still garbage TOs.

Z-0
Oct 1, 2012, 07:31 AM
Ga Wondas -> Time Attack Quest (Amdusica)
Signo Gun -> Time Attack Quest (Lilipa)

Ol Micda still spawns in Continent in Free, but only in an Attack code. I don't know if they're in any of the other quests (since I never really played them).