PDA

View Full Version : Does the JP client offline have anything beyond the NA offline?

Sailor*Venova
Sep 27, 2012, 07:10 PM
I'm very sad today after PSU closed. I was wondering though if the JP version that I still have installed has any content that the NA offline lacks. For example, were any of those Infinity missions kindof patched into the offline mode or something? The data is there in the client so it makes sense it might be available offline if it's not an event exclusive thing. Though I doubt Sega would go to the trouble of doing such a thing. Just wondering if anyone has found anything in JP offline psu that isn't in our version, I've been recording videos and taking screenshots of as many things as I could, even silly things no one would care about like the sound effects you can use in chat macros, so anything in the JP offline that was maybe added in by updates, if anyone knows of any such things, do tell so I don't uninstall it to replace with NA PSU for offline, thank you.

Mystic_Nessly
Sep 27, 2012, 07:47 PM
I really don't think the original offline Ambition of the Illuminus Japanese version had any of the new added content that the Japanese online version had, otherwise that that news would have spread like wildfire.

There IS an offline mod called "Despair and Hope" that is being worked on by Agrajag of PSUMods forums. It brings the latest content from the Japanese server to offline mode (including levels, photon arts and weapons!) as well as some custom changes.I don't think it's in a playable state right now, but PSU fans should definitely keep their eyes on it if they want to play offline!

DeathDragon2332
Sep 27, 2012, 07:47 PM
Nope the offline is the exact same as the offline NA AOTI.

Cranberry
Sep 27, 2012, 09:22 PM
The above poster is correct. The JP version required server authentication even for offline mode, which is different from the US version. Thus, you are not able to play the JP version even offline now that it's been shut down, unless you are on the PlayStation 2 version of the game. The PlayStation 2 version can still play offline since there is no server authentication there.

The US version of the game does not have server authentication and can still play offline on both PC and PS2, and as far as I know the JP offline client did not have any bonus features over the US version. Do note however that Internet access is still required for the PC version as it still needs to connect to GameGuard even for offline mode, although there is a fan-made patch you can acquire to bypass that and make PSU totally offline.

Sailor*Venova
Sep 28, 2012, 12:14 AM
a shame they didn't add those things into the offline mode as well, not surprising with sega though. Is there a no-gg patch for the original PSU? Seeing as psu is gone forever now I don't think it's any harm asking about such a thing at this point. I have the no-gg patch for aoti, but I'd like to play the original psu - and I know I can already, but if sega pulls the gg authentication at some point, original psu's story mode on pc is gone. I've only found psuilluminus.exe no-gg patches so far.

PrinceBrightstar
Sep 28, 2012, 12:26 AM
While I can understand wanting to bring the latest content to Offline, is Episode 3 included in that?

EvilMag
Sep 28, 2012, 12:37 AM
While I can understand wanting to bring the latest content to Offline, is Episode 3 included in that?

Yes. :)