PDA

View Full Version : New to affixing abilities...

Cortte
Sep 28, 2012, 08:12 PM
I just got the H&25 mechguns which started with poison I. I replaced it with shoot I, then tried to upgrade it to shoot III. I know the success rate was low but gunned for it anyway. It failed and now I have no abilities on my guns. Is there a way to get another ability on it now that it has none?

AFKei
Sep 28, 2012, 08:22 PM
A plain weapon can have an ability affixed regardless. Worked with my clean Talis Legacy when I put Ragne Soul on it.

Cortte
Sep 28, 2012, 08:24 PM
Really? I was trying to add shoot to it again, but it was saying I was unable...Guess I'll have another go at it, but thanks for clearing that up.

Forever Zero
Sep 28, 2012, 08:37 PM
I think the weapon you transfer the abilities from has to have at least two abilities on it. That's the way I understand it from this site:

http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-basics-buying-selling-equipping-grinding/#ability

Narugami
Sep 28, 2012, 08:40 PM
If your weapon has 0 abilities, you can pick one ability from any other weapons with any number of abilities. If you have 1 ability, you can only pick abilities from weapons with 1 ability. If you have 2 abilities, you can only pick abilities from others with 2 abilities. Three from three, four from four, it goes on like that.

DoubleCannon
Sep 29, 2012, 10:34 AM
If your weapon has 0 abilities, you can pick one ability from any other weapons with any number of abilities. If you have 1 ability, you can only pick abilities from weapons with 1 ability. If you have 2 abilities, you can only pick abilities from others with 2 abilities. Three from three, four from four, it goes on like that.

^^ This

example

Your weapon has Shoot I

material weps need 1 ability no more to be able to use

material wep has arm I, Choose Shoot I or Arm I or both

upgrade up to 2 abilities = 70% chance for both to work.

Both work, now you have 2 abilities, new material weps must have 2 abilities

Material wep has Shoot I , Stamina I
Choose between Shoot I, Shoot II (60% chance) , Arm I, Stamina I, You atempt 3 abilities = 60% chance for all 3 to work if you dont choose Shoot II

* Chances decrease for all when you add ability in the red slot (Increases abilities on weapon).

All 3 abilities work (Doo-Doo being nice to you)

Now you have to use material weapons with 3 abilities.
both material items has Shoot I, Arm I, Stamina I
Choose between I or II or each ability, 100% for I, 80% for II because all 3 material have same affix's ( this is more advance stuff but helpful )

If say you wanted to atempt a 4 ability add and could select 4 different abilities, the total chance of all 4 would be 50% regardless of original chance like 100%. Never atempt this lol.

A good way to make a great weapon right from the start is find a weapon with 4+ abilities and just go for an ability transfer of 4+ whatever the weapon has and hope all of it works.

This is how people are putting items in the shop with 4 abilities like Vol Soul, Power III, Ability III, Stamina Boost, stuff like that, and a 20% success rate up helps to :)..

Hope this helps