PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding poison affix??

DoubleCannon
Sep 29, 2012, 09:58 AM
I never bothered with these types of affix's until now poison has my attention. Does this affix when it affects a monster, help you do even more damage to them? Like say I attack Boss A's part, infects that part and use deadly archer, will it do even more damage now? I should watch that 45 sec Quartz kill again. Person said something about poison. Can someone please help me out here lol.

I was going to test giving a 2-3* wep poison 3 and see if there is a difference. But thought well because psoworld has so many knowledge-able people I figured I go and ask the great! :-D

Sephirah
Sep 29, 2012, 10:00 AM
I never bothered with these types of affix's until now poison has my attention. Does this affix when it affects a monster, help you do even more damage to them? Like say I attack Boss A's part, infects that part and use deadly archer, will it do even more damage now? I should watch that 45 sec Quartz kill again. Person said something about poison. Can someone please help me out here lol.

I was going to test giving a 2-3* wep poison 3 and see if there is a difference. But thought well because psoworld has so many knowledge-able people I figured I go and ask the great! :-D

Someone is more that welcome to correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure poison acts like you'd expect it to from any other game. While they are poisoned, they take damage periodically from the poison.

gigawuts
Sep 29, 2012, 10:03 AM
While most enemies are just poisoned and pinged for x% of their max health for a given period of time, Quartz supposedly has special properties with poison. You can apparently poison his breakable parts, making them more susceptible to damage.

I HAVE poisoned individual parts, and definitely heard the more metallic cutting sound like you hear on the part above ragne's red weakspot, but never looked at the damage they were taking to be able to compare with/without dripping poison.

DoubleCannon
Sep 29, 2012, 10:03 AM
Someone is more that welcome to correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure poison acts like you'd expect it to from any other game. While they are poisoned, they take damage periodically from the poison.

Yeah I figured it will do that, now another thing is the damage inflicted based on a % of max hp? I know it does 18dmg to me each tick, I am sure on a boss that it does more. If poison does not make you do more damage, is there an affix that does allow for some kind of weak bullet type of effect?

gigawuts
Sep 29, 2012, 10:05 AM
On bosses you can expect poison damage to range in the low thousands, 1-2.5k usually.

DoubleCannon
Sep 29, 2012, 10:13 AM
On bosses you can expect poison damage to range in the low thousands, 1-2.5k usually.

uhhh is that total dmg or per tick!? lol cause per tick that would be like... insane haha. And interesting so you hear the glass shattering sound that I love to hear, that alone makes me want it lol. I seen on the shop a quartz calibur for 105mil, Quartz Soul Power III Poison III +10 .. It was this that made me think about poison a bit more seriously. Either way the damage poison does seems worth it.

Hmm just thought of this.. can you stack poison on both ur wep and all ur units? Is that even worth if u can? I do not know if poison already has high chance or not to work or if its low and stacking say poison 3 on wep + 3 units increases chance hugely. Ahh so many mysteries and I have to go to WALMART! my cat do not like his food lol, so switching back to other food -.-;

gigawuts
Sep 29, 2012, 10:15 AM
That's per tick, and that's why people love it on gunslashes.

Sephirah
Sep 29, 2012, 10:16 AM
While most enemies are just poisoned and pinged for x% of their max health for a given period of time, Quartz supposedly has special properties with poison. You can apparently poison his breakable parts, making them more susceptible to damage.

This sounds more like a bug than working as designed, but I don't work there so who know. :P

DoubleCannon
Sep 29, 2012, 10:18 AM
That's per tick, and that's why people love it on gunslashes.

O_o; whaaaAAAAAA! good god lol, well I know what I am doing when I get back home lmao.

up to 2.5kdmg per tick and a lovely glass smashing sound on boss parts when infected = must have :)

P.S. Thank you all for the answers and help with my understanding of this affix

Angelo
Sep 29, 2012, 10:28 AM
I just want to add that poison does some weird things.

I use a MAG that shoots Megid and occasionally on bosses, especially Caterdransa, it will poison them and continuously tick for '4119' damage. I wonder if this is a bug.

Sp-24
Sep 29, 2012, 10:29 AM
This sounds more like a bug than working as designed, but I don't work there so who know. :P

The "poisoned" part of Quartz Dragon becomes covered in some weird purple goo to further show that something has happened to it, so damage increase and weak point sound are as much of a bug as Vol Dragon becoming immobile when frozen.

Sephirah
Sep 29, 2012, 10:35 AM
The "poisoned" part of Quartz Dragon becomes covered in some weird purple goo to further show that something has happened to it, so damage increase and weak point sound are as much of a bug as Vol Dragon becoming immobile when frozen.

Well freezing a fire dragon makes sense; poison making quartz more vulnerable... not so much.

Again I have no clue if it's a bug or not, I was just saying it sounds weird. :P

NoiseHERO
Sep 29, 2012, 10:48 AM
loving poison on my mech guns, makes soloing catadran in caves on my noob level 15 gunner a cake walk.

Obviously just toss em on anything that hits a lot of times like mechguns, rifles or gunslashes. @_@

I'd like to see em on double wabers...

Jakosifer
Sep 29, 2012, 10:49 AM
It isn't a bug at all. Quartz breaking points have high base defenses, when "poisoned" it simply weakens the afflicted part, it doesn't affect his actual HP. As stated, its similar to Vol and freeze, a special effect given by a specific ailment.

Anyway, it does make sense when considering that the Megid series has been demoted to poison, making poison the staple Darkness ailment.

NoiseHERO
Sep 29, 2012, 10:50 AM
It never made sense to me in PSU, where they had poison, then virus... the non-shitty version of poison...

So may as well make it one thing.

Sephirah
Sep 29, 2012, 10:54 AM
loving poison on my mech guns, makes soloing catadran in caves on my noob level 15 gunner a cake walk.

Obviously just toss em on anything that hits a lot of times like mechguns, rifles or gunslashes. @_@

I'd like to see em on double wabers...

Does poison stack? I've never been that interested in it since playing my Fighter, since there is literally never a moment where my target is out of reach. But if something is already poisoned, and your poison procs again, will it stack? That might make it much more useful on those fast weapons like twin daggers.

Jakosifer
Sep 29, 2012, 10:59 AM
On Double Wabers, Poison makes accordian dragons and Quartz a complete and utter joke. As for it stacking, it should be possible, I've managed to keep a Rokkubea burned for a whole minute without it going away, so it should apply to poison as well. Though nothing I've poisoned has really lived long enough for me to really be able to tell for sure.

mommy_cornelia
Sep 29, 2012, 11:09 AM
Poison + Rare lvl40 Caterdransa=Win

Just saying that i managed to deal 12k damage with each poison tick on caterdransa :P

Sephirah
Sep 29, 2012, 11:09 AM
On Double Wabers, Poison makes accordian dragons and Quartz a complete and utter joke. As for it stacking, it should be possible, I've managed to keep a Rokkubea burned for a whole minute without it going away, so it should apply to poison as well. Though nothing I've poisoned has really lived long enough for me to really be able to tell for sure.

Well, when I said stack, I didn't mean stacking so it never gets unpoisoned, I mean does the the damage stack. Like say you poison something and it does 2k damage per tick, and while it's poisoned, your poison procs again, would it then do 4k a tick, or 6k for a third, etc etc?

Poison + Rare lvl40 Caterdransa=Win

Just saying that i managed to deal 12k damage with each poison tick on caterdransa :P

Assuming thats only possible by having it stack like I was talking about... I need to get poison on my daggers like NAOW :P

mommy_cornelia
Sep 29, 2012, 11:12 AM
Assuming thats only possible by having it stack like I was talking about... I need to get poison on my daggers like NAOW :P

Well, it was not stacked, the moment caterdransa got poisoned it was dealing 12k every time

Sephirah
Sep 29, 2012, 11:14 AM
Well, it was not stacked, the moment caterdransa got poisoned it was dealing 12k every time

I haven't paid any attention to poison damage, but going off the numbers that were thrown out at the start of this thread, that seems insanely high. I wonder if your tatk affects it.

Kondibon
Sep 29, 2012, 11:24 AM
O_o; whaaaAAAAAA! good god lol, well I know what I am doing when I get back home lmao.

up to 2.5kdmg per tick and a lovely glass smashing sound on boss parts when infected = must have :)

P.S. Thank you all for the answers and help with my understanding of this affix

I feel as though you're getting a bit confused. Quartz is the only major boss that has any sort of special effects with poison, and as far as I know he doesn't take the tick damage. It's like how you can freeze Vol Dragon's feet or set the banshee/banther on fire.

On anything else poison is just damage over time and it dosn't effect other major bosses like Vol dragon or Ragne.

Posion tics are like 5% max hp though so it's still worth getting for tougher enemies.

BIG OLAF
Sep 29, 2012, 11:27 AM
I wonder if light (confusion/panic) will have a special effect on Dark Falz.

Sephirah
Sep 29, 2012, 11:28 AM
Posion tics are like 5% max hp though so it's still worth getting for tougher enemies.

Ahh so it's just a flat %, that makes sense, 12k could easily be 5% of an MPA bosses HP.

I guess it probably doesn't stack then, otherwise, 10 stacks and they'd be dead in 2 ticks. :P

Kondibon
Sep 29, 2012, 11:33 AM
Ahh so it's just a flat %, that makes sense, 12k could easily be 5% of an MPA bosses HP.

I guess it probably doesn't stack then, otherwise, 10 stacks and they'd be dead in 2 ticks. :P

Yeah, it doesn't. I think if it procs again it just resets the duration. It's still useful for things with a lot of hp that you want to get down quickly though.

I wonder if light (confusion/panic) will have a special effect on Dark Falz.

I get the feeling that being an ultimate final boss and all Dark Falz isn't really going to have something like that. At least not for a status effect.

Falz Hunar and Zeshreida are good candidates though.

gigawuts
Sep 29, 2012, 12:26 PM

Bosses (not half-/mid-/mini-bosses) tend to have unique behaviors based on their weakness. Vol -> ice weakness (not displayed but still takes extra damage from ice) -> freeze, banther/banshee -> fire weakness -> roll to put out fire, quartz -> dark -> poison to break parts faster.

The only exceptions big vader and ragne. Rockbear and gwanada are not full bosses, just minibosses slapped onto areas. They spawn as code attack in free fields, same as caterdran/tranmizer/etc.

I haven't paid any attention to poison damage, but going off the numbers that were thrown out at the start of this thread, that seems insanely high. I wonder if your tatk affects it.

12k on cater might be the case, it's been a while since I looked at poison damage so my numbers could be off. I might be confused with just some tough boosted enemies, I don't know.

Arika
Sep 29, 2012, 12:40 PM
By logically explaination. Quart is considering a boss that doesn't resist poison. Unlike Vol/ Guwanda/ Rockbear.

However, when you poison it. It will instantly bleed out the poison (black blood) to neglect the poison in its body. Cause its to have stun time. So you can keep doing extra damage while it screaming and try to take off the old poison.

(just like how you take cut off the poison blood when you got bitten by poison sneak. Quart has it own ability to instantly do that by himself, but it seem to hurt him, and he scream!)

gigawuts
Sep 29, 2012, 12:42 PM
Wait, he has that animation when he's poisoned? Interesting, I should get more poison weapons for my fighter.

This makes me especially glad I ran into a poison III jareid.

Coatl
Sep 29, 2012, 12:50 PM
Yep. I have poison III on my trigedor just for quartzie and freeze III on my mech guns just for vol.

I feel elements are overshadowed by status attributes when it comes to having an advantage against a boss.

Cry0
Sep 29, 2012, 12:58 PM

odd, I've poisoned caterdransa many times (poison III) and it does +-4.5k per tick every time. never more, never less.

DoubleCannon
Sep 29, 2012, 12:59 PM
I am glad I asked this question lol, I am now going online and make a nice poison 5* Double Waber and go against Quartz :)

Omega-z
Sep 29, 2012, 01:43 PM
Yeah the proc on poison does get stronger the higher the Affix Lv. of the weapon. And Caluem's Poison is very high too. The other stuff like the soul's are for upping the Affixing rate's.

So far special action's with element's are
Vol -> Freeze,
Banshee/Banther ( both Jungle & Ice types) -> Fire,
Quartz -> Poison.
These are True bosses (Big Vardar* Should be too)

Ragne can be Shocked ( for free drop's) and Miraged. He's a Sub True boss since he's still affected by Affixes but has a high resistance. and has a special action based on damage to it's leg's.

Rockbear can be burned and Miraged.
Gwanada can be Paniced, Burned, Miraged on the main body and also Shocked and Poisoned on the arm's. **Still a Mini boss even with a special action based on damage to it's arm's.
Caterdran can be Frozened and Poisoned.
Caterdransa can be Poisoned and Shocked.
Tranmizer can be Miraged.
Del Mamoth can be Burned, Shocked.
These are not full bosses, just minibosses.

*Big Vardar is unknown to me at the moment, But look's to be something like the true bosses but figuring it out is the hard part.

NoiseHERO
Sep 29, 2012, 02:11 PM
Yeah the proc on poison does get stronger the higher the Affix Lv. of the weapon. And Caluem's Poison is very high too. The other stuff like the soul's are for upping the Affixing rate's.

So far special action's with element's are
Vol -> Freeze,
Banshee/Banther ( both Jungle & Ice types) -> Fire,
Quartz -> Poison.
These are True bosses (Big Vardar* Should be too)

Ragne can be Shocked ( for free drop's) and Miraged. He's a Sub True boss since he's still affected by Affixes but has a high resistance.

Rockbear can be burned and Miraged.
Gwanada can be Paniced, Burned, Miraged on the main body and also Shocked and Poisoned on the arm's.
Caterdran can be Frozened and Poisoned.
Caterdransa can be Poisoned and Shocked.
Tranmizer can be Miraged.
Del Mamoth can be Burned, Shocked.
These are not full bosses, just minibosses.

*Big Vardar is unknown to me at the moment, But look's to be something like the true bosses but figuring it out is the hard part.

Hmm, didn't know some of these... @_@

But what do you mean by proc? chances of an enemy getting poisoned? or the damage it does? @_@

And I assume by miraged you mean confused?

Omega-z
Sep 29, 2012, 02:30 PM
Rock Eastwood - The damage per tick on the Foe. take the Caterdran as an example the Damage increases to 50-60 damage more form going form Poison I to II (this is when I was at Lv.15 by the way), or Caterdransa form 4.3K to 4.5K. The damage form the mag has it at 5.4K, so the higher the the better. Now there might be something else to this with someone saying they get 12K.

Oh, Mirage is the new Affix that lower's your Argo to make attack's less likely to come your way.

NoiseHERO
Sep 29, 2012, 02:33 PM
Rock Eastwood - The damage per tick on the Foe. take the Caterdran as an example the Damage increases to 50-60 damage more form going form Poison I to II (this is when I was at Lv.15 by the way), or Caterdransa form 4.3K to 4.5K. The damage form the mag has it at 5.4K, so the higher the the better. Now there might be something else to this with someone saying they get 12K.
Ah I see...

I was misinformed the other day then. D<

Oh, Mirage is the new Affix that lower's your Argo to make attack's less likely to come your way.

Whaaaaaaat?

An affix like that would be gold on fighter... D:

Omega-z
Sep 29, 2012, 02:41 PM
Oh, Also on the damage rate is dependent on the Foe's HP so If the Monster Has the Darker Infection Lv. 1, 2 or 3 the DPT will increase as well based on the Foe's HP being boosted.

Sephirah
Sep 29, 2012, 02:42 PM
Oh, Also on the damage rate is dependent on the Foe's HP so If the Monster Has the Darker Infection Lv. 1, 2 or 3 the DPT will increase as well based on the Foe's HP being boosted.

If it's always doing a flat 5% of their HP does it really matter how big the number is? It's always going to be 5%.

NoiseHERO
Sep 29, 2012, 02:51 PM
5% is a lot of damage in general for a boss, that's 25 ticks. >_>

But where does it say that it's 5% damage? @_@

Sephirah
Sep 29, 2012, 02:54 PM
5% is a lot of damage in general for a boss, that's 25 ticks. >_>

But where does it say that it's 5% damage? @_@

I think you mean 20 ticks. Someone threw that number out there earlier in this thread. They sounded like they knew what they were talkin about though, but I personally don't know where this is stated officially.

Omega-z
Sep 29, 2012, 02:58 PM
Well, I was telling him how that might be why for the person saying the 12K damage part. But the % does go up when having higher Affixes. It looks to be .05% additive to your proc rate since a normal Cat was tested with both I and II and (V with Mag). It added .25% at Lv. V to your DPT rate.

Update: So if it's 5% then at Lv. V it should be 5% then times the additive by 1.25% to make it 6.25%, Probably why he said 20 ticks instead of 25.