PDA

View Full Version : Wind status ailment?

Dan Maku
Sep 29, 2012, 02:53 PM
What is and what do?

Mystil
Sep 29, 2012, 02:55 PM
Apparently it makes them miss?

Mirage = Illusion = Seeing what is not there = Miss.

I'm not inclined to believe that SEGA is that clever with a status ailement, or even programming one in that way.

That said, I wanna know what this thing REALLY does as well, besides give the mobs a green shader effect.

Sephirah
Sep 29, 2012, 02:56 PM
What is and what do?

Mirage. Depending on who you ask, it reduces threat to monsters, reduces their accuracy/increases your invincibility frames while dodging. What it actually does, I'm not sure.

BIG OLAF
Sep 29, 2012, 02:58 PM
I had a Miraged Gorongo pass right through me while doing its 'spin-charge' attack yesterday. So, I'd wager it makes them randomly able to miss.

NoiseHERO
Sep 29, 2012, 03:10 PM
^ The Dodongo?

It's that some kind of known myth monster... or did they get the idea from Zelda...

Well not important.

This mirage ninja effect interests me.

IzzyData
Sep 29, 2012, 03:11 PM
I had a Miraged Gorongo pass right through me while doing its 'spin-charge' attack yesterday. So, I'd wager it makes them randomly able to miss.

Might be a visual bug. I've never really seen mirage do anything at all. There isn't a "miss" mechanic in this game so that doesn't really make sense. If something hits you visually, it will actually hit you. Back in pso ep 1-2 you could stand next to an enemy and let him hit you and a "miss" would appear above you.

Still having a hard time determining the exact mechanics of Mirage, but I'm going to guess it is related to threat. Which wont help for anything if you are the only target.

Dextro
Sep 29, 2012, 03:11 PM

Bingo.

Galax
Sep 29, 2012, 03:15 PM
Hmm...I saw a Rockbear get miraged once. He was seriously confused.

My friend and I were blasting, him with zan, me with a rifle, and the bear kept turning between us. That, in itself, isn't unusual. But then, when the Mirage status kicked in, the Bear turned to me to attack. Still not unusual...Except that I was a good five feet away when he grabbed thin air and fell on his face. My guess is pretty much the same as my friend thought - it makes the mobs "see" copies of you, like what Sinow Beats did in PSO1 - PSO2's Signo Beats have been doing the same thing, making copies and forcing you to guess which one is the real one.

Just a guess.

Omega-z
Sep 29, 2012, 03:35 PM
It lower's the threat count, I've done this to lot's of mini bosses. You pick on them and they go after you. Just pop a Mirage on and have the foe 's chase your NPC's/Team around giving you free hit's and there slower to react in there process to attack too.

Sirius-91
Sep 29, 2012, 03:43 PM
Mirage is like Sand-Attack from pokemon.

IzzyData
Sep 29, 2012, 03:47 PM
Mirage is like Sand-Attack from pokemon.

Kishaw, pocket sand.
http://i617.photobucket.com/albums/tt251/BreakBenSH/DalePocketSand1.gif

Sephirah
Sep 29, 2012, 03:48 PM
Kishaw, pocket sand.
[spoiler-box]http://i617.photobucket.com/albums/tt251/BreakBenSH/DalePocketSand1.gif[/spoiler-box]

L O L

BIG OLAF
Sep 29, 2012, 03:53 PM
Dammit, Dale!

Yamishi
Sep 29, 2012, 04:01 PM
Kishaw, pocket sand.
http://i617.photobucket.com/albums/tt251/BreakBenSH/DalePocketSand1.gif

You are officially my hero.

Mystil
Sep 29, 2012, 04:11 PM
Uh.... ok.

Kondibon
Sep 29, 2012, 04:38 PM
I just tested it and it does in fact give them a chance to wiff, but the chance is so small I don't think it's very useful. :/

Omega-z
Sep 29, 2012, 08:50 PM
lol I just found out that Sa - Zan will keep RockBear still when he flip's. Instead of flying at you he does the same spin the Roll-Pollie do in the middle of Sa - Zan. Of course you need to time it just right before he jump's at you. :)