PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody else find it difficult getting friends into this?

Squire Grooktook
Sep 29, 2012, 05:40 PM
Maybe it's just that I hang out with too many casuals, but it seems like a really uphill battle trying to get people into this game.

I think the main problem (besides the players themselves) is the forest, and the fact that the games complexity doesn't spike until right about level 10. The first friend who I tried to get into the game was NOT HAVING FUN AT ALL during the first 10 levels of the game. He kept talking about how it was too slow paced, and the combat was too simple. I had to talk him out of uninstalling it. Then finally he got out of the forest, played an emergency mission, fought some bosses...and became addicted. Now he regards it as one of the top ten games of this generation, ranking it just below freaking Demon's Souls.

It's the same story with many of my other friends. Either they are same level as me, or they are stuck at level 6, constantly procrastinating about playing the game. Right now, the main challenge is getting them to level 10, getting them to the city emergency mission, or getting lucky enough to have one of those rare REALLY AWESOME challenging sequence of codes (fang banther + avoid code or some shit like that).

Now, when I first played Blue Burst on pc, my friends took me all the way up to Ruins to be wowed by all the cool stuff and I immediately decided the game was awesome. I can understand Sega not wanting this to be possible since new players would inevitably just power level through the game and end up skipping half the content. But I still think there needs to be something veteran players can do to just "WOW" newbie friends to give them a taste of what's in store.

Maybe if party leaders could take the party to anything that was half their level (for example, level 30 party leader with 3 level 1 party members can take entire party to a quest with level 15 level lock). Or maybe if players took exp and loot penalties for running quests they had not yet unlocked. I dunno.

Fox2Tails
Sep 29, 2012, 05:43 PM
Most of the people who I think would be interested either don't want to play it because it's not in English or are too busy with WoW. And for some it's both ._.

EvilMag
Sep 29, 2012, 05:46 PM
I'm trying to get my friends into this game but they would rather wait for the (soon to be) watered down US version.

gigawuts
Sep 29, 2012, 05:48 PM
I've tried forcing friends into games. In the end they only spite you for it, even if you wound up 100% right and they utterly adore the game.

If they don't want to play they don't want to play.

Squire Grooktook
Sep 29, 2012, 05:51 PM
Only about 2 or 3 of the 11 or so people I'v convinced to play the game have quit to wait for English. Really, for them I think it boils down to not wanting to abandon their character once English servers start (though personally I can't fathom that. I'll probably be using both just for the free extra character).

*edit*

I've tried forcing friends into games. In the end they only spite you for it, even if you wound up 100% right and they utterly adore the game.

If they don't want to play they don't want to play.

Most of my friends are fairly enthusiastic about the game when I first pitch it to them/we first start. It's just that around level 6 they start procrastinating about playing it, and just kinda get side tracked by other stuff.

The worst example is my one friend who is level 6 with Ranger. Every time I ask him to join me, he says he has no time......then starts farming hats in Tf2 for the next 5 hours. Ugh.

BIG OLAF
Sep 29, 2012, 05:53 PM
Pretty much all my friends play it already, and the ones who don't are stuck in their "grass-is-greener" mindset regarding the US/EU version, and refuse to play the JP version.

Shirokami
Sep 29, 2012, 06:10 PM
1) Not english
2) All the problems with the client
3) Freezing.

Squire Grooktook
Sep 29, 2012, 06:11 PM
Of the 13+ people who I know who play this game, I'm the only one who had the GameGuard crash issue.

:(

Noblewine
Sep 29, 2012, 06:48 PM
I have the worse luck with trying to invite people to play anything that's made by sega. They either can't deal with simple combat or manage to figure out how to defeat a boss or enemy. I usually just try to use the forums or in-game encounters as a better way to enjoy the game.

-ZaNtH-
Sep 29, 2012, 06:51 PM
I'm the same way with waiting for the US version. No interest in playing on the JP servers, really. Even if they do get more content, I would still rather play on US. Hopefully they don't make that mistake again tho, and make both sides equal. Just have to wait and see.

Narugami
Sep 29, 2012, 08:39 PM
My friends won't join anything without pvp and competitivity. Friends compared it to Dragon Nest and Monster Hunter because of the dungeon crawler similarity, saying "It's only a futuristic version without pvp" ): I'm a hardcore pvp addict too, and I would've brushed this game off if I knew there was no pvp yet. It's only my team that keeps me playing these days.

Crazyleo
Sep 29, 2012, 08:41 PM
For me, it's not wanting to play the game, is that my computer CAN'T handle the game. I would really love to play the game on the JP server (or the US server), but I know my system can't handle it.

<Note, I usually just troll the screen shot threads on this board>

Chik'Tikka
Sep 29, 2012, 08:43 PM
yes, quite, the one person that wanted to play doesn't have a computer that can run PSO2+^_^+ i have absolutely no PSU friends on PSO2 whatsoever T_T

Squire Grooktook
Sep 29, 2012, 08:49 PM
My friends won't join anything without pvp and competitivity. Friends compared it to Dragon Nest and Monster Hunter because of the dungeon crawler similarity, saying "It's only a futuristic version without pvp" ): I'm a hardcore pvp addict too, and I would've brushed this game off if I knew there was no pvp yet. It's only my team that keeps me playing these days.

My aforementioned friend who got hooked on the game but hated it at first also compared the game to Dragon's Nest and Cabal. He stopped caring once he got into it.

Honestly, PVP would be nice. But I'm fine just playing Marvel Vs Capcom 2 and pretending it's PSO2's pvp mode.

[spoiler-box]After all, they both have infinite combos and air combos[/spoiler-box]

theattax
Sep 29, 2012, 08:57 PM
My friends dont like the graphics or the gameplay. They think its too slow.

BIG OLAF
Sep 29, 2012, 08:58 PM

I would love to know what they consider 'fast', then. :o

Angelo
Sep 29, 2012, 09:01 PM
Getting friends to play a niche game, in a different language, with remote servers, and a cash shop that is a huge hassle for us to use? Really now...

I have a bunch of 'casual' friends who watch me play the game at home (I hog the TV with it; my house my rules) and say it looks awesome, but the first question is always "When is it coming to America?". the ones that aren't casuals usually ask about PvP.

I'll just be patient.

theattax
Sep 29, 2012, 09:07 PM

They are into GW2 and WoW...

IzzyData
Sep 29, 2012, 09:28 PM

Pso2 is pretty slow paced as far as pvp games are concerned. I love the pvp part of games more than anything else, but I still love pso. It is very relaxing and easy going. You pretty much win no matter what so it just kind of makes you feel good. :-)

Sp-24
Sep 29, 2012, 09:31 PM
I had bad luck trying to talk my IRL friends into playing this. After already trying and failing to get them to play DWO and PSOBB (on that server), my attempt to make them play PSO2 with me was met with, and I quote, "not your Japanese bullshit again". Even some of my team members are groaning at this game being in Japanese and cash shop being the way it is, and I can't seriously say that this gameplay is so fast-paced and awesome to people who have played Darksiders, so I kinda can see their point.

Squire Grooktook
Sep 29, 2012, 09:36 PM
You pretty much win no matter what so it just kind of makes you feel good. :-)

Not if you low level solo bosses. That shit is fun as heck, and pretty intense depending on the boss (especially if you don't bring any healing).

and I can't seriously say that this gameplay is so fast-paced and awesome to people who have played Darksiders, so I kinda can see their point.

Naw. I love the hell out of 2d and 3d action games, from Contra to Bayonetta, and I love this games combat.

In fact, I'd say that in some ways this games combat surpasses a lot of dedicated action games.

Reyva
Sep 29, 2012, 10:14 PM
Eh, out of a couple friends (one who I really wanted to get them to play, especially since City of Heroes, their favorite game is closing down), all said the same shiznite some other posters said:

1) I rather wait on the NA version. Its not because they think it will be better, its just that JP is not their native language and wouldn't prefer to alawys have to use a unofficial patch.

My response to #1 = Whatever. You can't force someone to do something nor can you change their views especially if some are really stubborn.

2) Slow paced and boring

My response to #2 = Whatever. Eh, if this ain't your thing, then other action oriented games such as Rusty Hearts, Vindictus, Dungeon fighter, etc aren't your thang either. However, each of these action oriented games brings something different to the table even though the overall goal is a "action combat playstyle" type of game. For example, I enjoy Rusty Hearts more than PSO2 right now just because of its fast paced combat and art style.

So each game has its pros and cons on that and I guess the other deciding factor for me would be PvP. If PSO2 had that, I'd be a bit happier.

3) Other game have my interest

My response - Whatever. Its not like I want to be tied down to PSO2 for life either. Every game gets boring eventually anyways and I'm already at that point with pso2 anyways. However, there are those special people out there that can play the same game for years and nothing else.

Thats about it. Do remember that the people I want to play are around my age group (25-30) and have been playing games for a pretty long time (played previous PS games along with PSU/PSO). So we're hard to please sometimes. However, if you can get me addicted to a game, I will say f' life itself. Its like a drug. Can't stop playing haha.

EspeonageTieler
Sep 30, 2012, 12:39 AM
yea i actually have friends who are HUGE pso fans way bigger than me i never played any other than this and the demo of psu but they jsut wont play s

Lostbob117
Sep 30, 2012, 12:41 AM
My friends... calls the game gay. So yes.

Squire Grooktook
Sep 30, 2012, 01:20 AM
My friends... calls the game gay. So yes.

Tell them you find that offensive.

I still really think something needs to be done to allow higher level players to take lower level friends to higher level areas. Seriously, would help a lot.

theattax
Sep 30, 2012, 01:43 AM

I still really think something needs to be done to allow higher level players to take lower level friends to higher level areas. Seriously, would help a lot.

I dont think that would be implemented. Could be abused for carrying characters to max level too fast.

Squire Grooktook
Sep 30, 2012, 01:45 AM
I dont think that would be implemented. Could be abused for carrying characters to max level too fast.

I know right. But still, I'd like to see SOMETHING that at least lets you wow new friends by giving them a look at later parts of the game. Perhaps an exp penalty on places you haven't unlocked? Or if only certain areas were possible? I dunno.

Rien
Sep 30, 2012, 01:55 AM
Let the Friend Invite system give fast powerleveling to 10 so they can caves.

Lumpen Thingy
Sep 30, 2012, 02:09 AM
I've showed this game to a bunch of my friends but most of them seem too stupid to want to even give it a shot or say they don't have time which I know for a fact is a fucking lie.

Squire Grooktook
Sep 30, 2012, 02:20 AM
I've showed this game to a bunch of my friends but most of them seem too stupid to want to even give it a shot or say they don't have time which I know for a fact is a fucking lie.

Even better if you have them as friends on Steam, and can see them spend hours farming hats in TF2 and DOTA 2.

Lumpen Thingy
Sep 30, 2012, 02:21 AM
Even better if you have them as friends on Steam, and can see them spend hours farming hats in TF2 and DOTA 2.

I do have most of them on steam and see them play other games all the time lol

Cortte
Sep 30, 2012, 04:43 AM
Ohhh my god! I thought I was the only one dealing with these hardships! One of my friends spent the 3 months leading up to the release praising the game so highly and becoming so excited to play. When I finally got him to play I took him on his first mission run and I was level 15. He killed maybe 5 mobs, total, and decided the game was not worth his time. It bothered me so much! And on the opposite side of the problem I had another friend who was completely bashing the hell out of the game. Saying it was too clunky looking and the animations were too static. I just recently showed him a mission played by me. Demonstrated some skills to him. "Meh they look alright." He says. I then apply them to mob fighting. "Well yeah that is better, but I don't see the hype." I finally put him into a volcanic exploration mission on my character and let him run loose. Within a matter of seconds he decided to download and install the game, despite language barriers. I have my third friend who wants to play. He is an Episode I and II vet like I am, but his computer can no where near handle the game. Forest alone causes his screen to go white when thunderstorms hit. I really just don't have any idea why these people choose not to at least try it. It has to be better than endless raids on WoW when maxed out. Or repetitive PvP in League. For god sake one of my friend thinks the F2P game Elsword is better than this. (Which i'll admit it is okay, but NOT better than this.)

-Edit- and I am STILL trying to set up a day I can run my friend who installed it through some missions.

Sorry if this is a double post, but you gave me an idea. In the beginning you can choose your race/class and then get dropped into a tutorial. It would be pretty nice if the tutorial had a situation where you had some half decent gear, and maybe 3 or 4 skills to let you test out per weapon. Then at the end of the tutorial you would just revert to your standards and start from scratch. This way people can have enough time to experiment in the first few seconds. Hell even throw a rock bear in the tutorial. Afin and Zeno paired with the player and that gear could handle it no problem....Though I can't quite remember if a boss is featured in the tutorial or not.

Alisha
Sep 30, 2012, 05:24 AM
how do you define friends? i dont play videogames with my rl friends cause they have kids/family. my online friends beg me to play and i would if my pc could run it.

Lostbob117
Sep 30, 2012, 06:18 AM

That would never work they just see me play all the time so they think it's gay. Same goes with when I played psu jp and en.

dablacksephiroth
Sep 30, 2012, 12:26 PM
The friends I'd like to recommend mostly come from subscription based games. I can't recommend them to this game, at least not yet. One specifically I'm thinking of joined me in Phantasy Star Portable 2, she finally seen why I was so into this game's series for so long, wants to play PSO2, but in full english.

Her mind is warped right now too though. All that content we had in the PSP version from start to finish. She enjoyed all the accessibility to clothing and clothing options and clothing codes and the Saber/Shield weapon combo.

There's not enough available to the game that I can tell her, yup, it's even better now! Can't send her or them into this pit before at least a year and half has passed. 6 total environments is terrible in 2012/2013 and unacceptable to non-nostalgic based fans or people exposed to over 6 other massive multi online games since 2004.

Sephirah
Sep 30, 2012, 12:33 PM
The friends I'd like to recommend mostly come from subscription based games. I can't recommend them to this game, at least not yet. One specifically I'm thinking of joined me in Phantasy Star Portable 2, she finally seen why I was so into this game's series for so long, wants to play PSO2, but in full english.

Her mind is warped right now too though. All that content we had in the PSP version from start to finish. She enjoyed all the accessibility to clothing and clothing options and clothing codes and the Saber/Shield weapon combo.

There's not enough available to the game that I can tell her, yup, it's even better now! Can't send her or them into this pit before at least a year and half has passed. 6 total environments is terrible in 2012/2013 and unacceptable to non-nostalgic based fans or people exposed to over 6 other massive multi online games since 2004.

I agree with this. Many of my friends know I'm playing this and ask me about it on a regular basis, but everything I have to say about it also has the caveat, that the game was released early and is not really a full game yet.

Start of a slightly off topic rant:

I think this is overlooked by a lot of people, like everyone is hating on the Techer class right now. Well, that's because as a main class it is very weak compared to the other classes, but I don't think SEGA ever originally intended for the game to be released without all of these classes and the subclass system already being in place, and it was designed to work as a subclass.
/rant

gigawuts
Sep 30, 2012, 01:10 PM
I agree with this. Many of my friends know I'm playing this and ask me about it on a regular basis, but everything I have to say about it also has the caveat, that the game was released early and is not really a full game yet.

Start of a slightly off topic rant:

I think this is overlooked by a lot of people, like everyone is hating on the Techer class right now. Well, that's because as a main class it is very weak compared to the other classes, but I don't think SEGA ever originally intended for the game to be released without all of these classes and the subclass system already being in place, and it was designed to work as a subclass.
/rant

Thank you.

You guys need to remember a few things: Not everyone likes to beta test incomplete content, not everyone likes to deal with hurdles such as the game being in a foreign language, and not everyone wants to play the same kinds of games all the time.

This game is not done. It's just not. It might be enough to satisfy you, and that's great! Some other people just won't feel the same way.
When some people play games, all they want to do is sit and deflate. They want to have minimal hurdles, very few new things to trudge through, and want to simply play the game. A new language, needing to install language packs, etc. It's not even the same as installing a new skin. Some people just don't want to do that, either now or ever. Maybe they have a lot going on in real life, or just don't want to do that for some other reason, if any reason at all.
I have a collection of absolute favorite games, and I wouldn't want to play most of them right now. I don't want to play the same genre all the time. I used to go from my favorite game of the time to TF2 for several months at a time, then bounce back again. People would ask where I went, I'd say I didn't feel like playing X game, then hopped on Y. That's because it was the truth.

You can't force someone to want to do something. If you try, they'll only spite you for it, success or not. You can only tell them you think they'd love it, show them some videos, tell them the full truth of it with its downsides (turns out, most people appreciate this), and let them decide.

IzzyData
Sep 30, 2012, 01:12 PM
/rant

Techers aren't bad, the players are bad. There multiple specs which "could" be used for subclassing. You don't have to spec that way.

Squire Grooktook
Sep 30, 2012, 01:26 PM
Sorry if this is a double post, but you gave me an idea. In the beginning you can choose your race/class and then get dropped into a tutorial. It would be pretty nice if the tutorial had a situation where you had some half decent gear, and maybe 3 or 4 skills to let you test out per weapon. Then at the end of the tutorial you would just revert to your standards and start from scratch. This way people can have enough time to experiment in the first few seconds. Hell even throw a rock bear in the tutorial. Afin and Zeno paired with the player and that gear could handle it no problem....Though I can't quite remember if a boss is featured in the tutorial or not.

Yeah I support this. Would be good for testing out your race too.

gigawuts
Sep 30, 2012, 01:27 PM
A metroid starting to a game? Have a test drive of what you'll be like later, then lose it to start the game? I approve.

pikachief
Sep 30, 2012, 02:29 PM
My friends either just talk about how cool and awesome it looks but never actually try it. My one friend who actually really wants to try it cant run it at all :/ just gives him a black screen when he starts it up.

gravityvx
Sep 30, 2012, 02:39 PM
Tried to get my gf to play this, she was going on about how cool it looked and as she was downloading it I told her there was no crafting in this game and she rage quit the download. ಠ_ಠ

Squire Grooktook
Sep 30, 2012, 03:07 PM
Tried to get my gf to play this, she was going on about how cool it looked and as she was downloading it I told her there was no crafting in this game and she rage quit the download. ಠ_ಠ

Did you mention the grinding/affixing system? You should have mentioned how fun and addicting it is working with Doodoo!

Galax
Sep 30, 2012, 03:24 PM
And mention that he sounds like he says "I'll kill you" when you succeed.

Cranberry
Sep 30, 2012, 03:35 PM
I found it somewhat frustrating trying to play the game entirely in Japanese and not knowing what any of the menus did and not being able to read anything. During the beta days I was constantly accidently blacklisting friends while trying to add them to the party.

I also didn't have a particularly strong interst in PSO2 and would pretty much only go on by invitation. Today I finally loaded the game up again and for the first time gave the English Patch a whirl. It actually helps quite a bit and gives me a nice foundation to work with so that I can at least understand the basics and actually properly set up and configure gameplay functions.

I might be on it a little more as time allows. College first though.

darkante
Sep 30, 2012, 03:47 PM
Gonna ask my cat to get into this.
Seems to like the action going on the screen, staring like a boss.

No, but seriously everyone i know arenīt even remotely interested in these type of games.

Gama
Sep 30, 2012, 04:18 PM
i have a couple of friends tht want to try it, but the campus connection blocks the game, they need to ask nicely for it to be unlocked, not sure wich ports the game uses tho.

ShilohSham
Sep 30, 2012, 04:28 PM
My friends either just talk about how cool and awesome it looks but never actually try it. My one friend who actually really wants to try it cant run it at all :/ just gives him a black screen when he starts it up.

Same I had like 6 people tell me it great and look fun but haven't try to log on^^;

Xenobia
Sep 30, 2012, 04:35 PM
"No time" is in 90% false and 10% true. It usualy means "other priority"; because whole lifetime is a matter of managing priority, no one got "to much" time. For the 10% of "true no time" its usualy because in term the time is spend differently, there can be fatal consequences for "real life", which is bad deal to drop in order "just to play". Anyway, thats a small percentage of the "no time", most of the people may have some free time but simply want to spend it for something different.

Everything we do in life is creating some sort of consequences, good or bad, impact is always given. So its worth it to think wisely, whats the gain, whats the loss and whats the time im able to afford. But ultimately its never worth it not to try. Because the life is to short for not trying out and eventually pass on very joyful experiences just because priority wasnt handled in a balanced manner. Every single action comes at a cost, but the true sense of every action is to spend it meaningful, and never to close eyes. Because they will be closed as soon as the very first action is paying its cost.

Crazyleo
Sep 30, 2012, 06:31 PM

Show them some clips for the original. :-P

Squire Grooktook
Sep 30, 2012, 07:21 PM
I cannot understand this too slow comment.

You know what the last 3d game I was playing before I came to this was? BAYONETTA. And this game doesn't feel slow to me AT ALL.

90% of the combat for me is dashing around dodging bullets and slashes while step attacking the shit out of stuff and chaining to sweet air combos. I can't fathom what people mean when they say it's not fast paced enough. Is it not fast paced because enemies don't die in one hit? Is it not fast paced because you can't have 200+ of them on screen at once? Does it need to have wall running matrix moves quick time event cut scenes? I don't get it.

dablacksephiroth
Sep 30, 2012, 07:26 PM

You know what the last 3d game I was playing before I came to this was? BAYONETTA. And this game doesn't feel slow to me AT ALL.

90% of the combat for me is dashing around dodging bullets and slashes while step attacking the shit out of stuff and chaining to sweet air combos. I can't fathom what people mean when they say it's not fast paced enough. Is it not fast paced because enemies don't die in one hit? Is it not fast paced because you can't have 200+ of them on screen at once? Does it need to have wall running matrix moves quick time event cut scenes? I don't get it.Games like this make Phantasy Star Online 2 look slow-paced.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2y6qOyxm-Mo&feature=my_liked_videos&list=LLfLgNgnx5iMY9MpgYJ15XjA

But ever since the addition of Double Sabers and Knuckles, some of those other faces will need a 2nd look at PSO2.

IzzyData
Sep 30, 2012, 07:26 PM

90% of the combat for me is dashing around dodging bullets and slashes while step attacking the shit out of stuff and chaining to sweet air combos. I can't fathom what people mean when they say it's not fast paced enough. Is it not fast paced because enemies don't die in one hit? Is it not fast paced because you can't have 200+ of them on screen at once? Does it need to have wall running matrix moves quick time event cut scenes? I don't get it.

Here is a game I have been playing for more than ten years now. Kind of unrelated since it isn't the same kind of game in any way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOsVuVVNnA8

Compared to this it is pretty slow paced, but I really doubt most people play games like these. However when you compare it to games like Starcraft 2 there really isn't much thinking involved. It could be pretty boring.

Games like this make Phantasy Star Online 2 look slow-paced.

Dragonnest ??? 60LV Kali?? ???&quot;SoulEater&quot; in Nest by ?? - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2y6qOyxm-Mo&feature=my_liked_videos&list=LLfLgNgnx5iMY9MpgYJ15XjA)

But ever since the addition of Double Sabers and Knuckles, some of those other faces will need a 2nd look at PSO2.

This games looks pretty much like the same pace as pso2. Excessive visual effects and damage numbers in the hundreds of thousands don't make it harder.

BIG OLAF
Sep 30, 2012, 07:29 PM
That doesn't even seem like a game. Just a keyboard-breaker.

IzzyData
Sep 30, 2012, 07:34 PM
That doesn't even seem like a game. Just a keyboard-breaker.

It is both a game and a keyboard breaker. :-P

Which is why I don't play on that laptop.

dablacksephiroth
Sep 30, 2012, 07:43 PM
This games looks pretty much like the same pace as pso2. Excessive visual effects and damage numbers in the hundreds of thousands don't make it harder.And that's just the Magic player's side.

This wasn't linked to show difficulty level, in which definitely that game is far more challenging. Because that right there barely shows off how the bosses even interact the way that person was so overpowered with their gear and new class. lol But nope, Dragon Nest's combat is far faster-paced than PSO2's, even with our ability to cancel in between some melee animations. Actions/skills can be used back to back and even cancel out others to chain in combinations of continuous attacks. It's based around Third Person Shooting camera, so no auto-aim, and dodging isn't simply done by strafeing to the side.

It's one of those games where you have to think while you're chaining skills to keep up continuous combinations all the while watching enemy animations to time right when to avoid major damage and then getting back in there during the next opening.

The game Vindictus is another fine example of faster-paced combat.

DoubleCannon
Sep 30, 2012, 09:00 PM
YES! extremely difficult when I have no friends at all :( .. Once you get a family, me 4 years in all ur friends stay childish and shun you. Im over it long ago wouldnt change a thing lol

Maronji
Sep 30, 2012, 09:12 PM
The game Vindictus is another fine example of faster-paced combat.

Are you kidding me? I played Vindictus, and unless I didn't play it right (I only really played with Evie and only got to about ~Lv20-ish because I have the dedication span of a brain-dead monkey for any game that isn't in my Top 3-5 Must Play games at that second (and, although enjoyable, Vindictus was a little late to the party to make it terribly high up the ladder), though I started a Fiona at some point), it felt about the same pace, if not slower, than PSO2.

D3MON
Sep 30, 2012, 09:24 PM
Are you kidding me? I played Vindictus, and unless I didn't play it right (I only really played with Evie and only got to about ~Lv20-ish because I have the dedication span of a brain-dead monkey for any game that isn't in my Top 3-5 Must Play games at that second (and, although enjoyable, Vindictus was a little late to the party to make it terribly high up the ladder), though I started a Fiona at some point), it felt about the same pace, if not slower, than PSO2.

I found vindictus to be a horrible game. The f2p model is really bad.

Squire Grooktook
Sep 30, 2012, 09:24 PM

I think this has to do with the fact that "pace" is a very subjective and hard to define thing.

I'm a big fighting game fan, and I find this is also a frequent point of discussion in that community as well. A lot of times people will argue about which game is "faster" has the better "pace" etc. Sometimes a game might seem faster and flashier, but in practice it's bogged down by just the general flow of the gameplay. While other "slower" more conservative games just flow a lot better.

Pso2 just feels great in terms of pacing imo.

May0
Sep 30, 2012, 09:52 PM
dat computer

off topic @IzzyData - is that toshiba qosmio X505? if so I have the computer too, nice choice.

on topic- there's a lot of entry barriers to PSOJP. I couldn't even stomach the moon rune registration myself. Even then, from what I've read between maintenance and updating your english patch(s) and the lack of no real technical support for the cash shop or the game itself you're really playing a gimpped version of the game in all honesty. That is assuming of course you don't speak in moon runes. Which I shall since this is an predominantly english message board :-P

Despite this I'm still a fan of PSO and yet I have no urge to play the JP version. Assume I disregarded all the negative issues of playing the JP version and threw myself into it. What chance do I have of getting a friend who is moderately/not really familiar with PSO at all to play? slim to none.

The main issue is accessabilty, or in PSO2JP's case the lack thereof. I'll wait for the US version.

dablacksephiroth
Sep 30, 2012, 10:19 PM
Sorry to hear.

But Vindictus changes in its pace of combat and difficulty once you hit Lv40 and then Lv50 and became eligible to participate in the game's "Multi-party areas" or Raid maps. You have nearly all your abilities by these levels as well and the enemy artificial intelligence shoots up that you really are required to pay more attention or suffer being that one dead player no one can revive any longer throughout the rest of the battle.

Combat animation, I agree, is about the same speed as PSO2, but the battle pace has more heart-stopping, adrenaline pumping, perfect dodge timing action where you can't just rest easy and not think ahead as you spam left-click. After Lv60 maps, this begins to also apply to regular mobs and mini bosses too, not just the Raids. And finally, there were .. 3? Difficulties to choose from. Normal, Hard, Brutal.. and Raid. Raids, depending on the amount of players that could participate (up to 8.) were either Hard mode or higher, etc.

It was just much faster-paced to play than our current PSO2 game. There's a lot more going on at once on-screen.

You don't really see that much in a PSO2 video. The enemies may be abundant but they all look as though they're sitting waiting to be hit. The dodging we do with our step and jump cancelling doesn't really show people much but that we can move around the map fast. lol It's very clear to them that we're not doing it to dodge a super nova move.

We may only have Hard mode right now, but those viewers don't know that or if that means anything significant.

Y'know? Heh.

Squire Grooktook
Sep 30, 2012, 10:31 PM
All of that is valid, but it doesn't say that Vindictus has better core combat, just that Vindictus better utilizes it at a certain point. Perhaps one day we will be making the same arguments for PSO2 when it has 4 campaigns, each harder then the last, and ultimate difficulty.

But I can see this is heading towards another difficulty debate. So let's not go there.

Xenobia
Sep 30, 2012, 10:35 PM
People seem to mistaken gameplay speed with appearance speed.

Gameplay Speed:

Why cant we play chess faster? Is so dirty slow! Obviously there is lot of thinking involved and the brain is slow.

Why are certain games like shooter so dirty fast? Obviously, its reaction most of the time, reaction does not need brain and can be done in a fraction of a second. Many other RPGs like Dragon Nest are mainly reaction based, the brain doesnt always need to think "what to do next", its simply based on quick avoidance and using opportunitys. Many Action RPGs, including PSO2 are like that.

PSO2 gameplay is not to quick and not to slow, i think its in a good balance. Hardcore might not be stressed enough (probably when there is a even harder mode they will get what they seek), but mainstream players will still be able to keep pace without being overly stressed, so the balancing is not bad.

Physical Appearance: (not to be mistaken with gameplay).

Thats where some games like Dragon Nest is exceeding PSO2, lot of flashing stuff on the screen, houndred of monsters at once. But is the gameplay benefiting from? The main gameplay is weaker than PSO2, the appearance, flashy objects... millions of particles everywhere... is a fast eyecandy, nothing more and nothing lesser. Many people will find it boring over a longer period, because a true game is raising and falling with its gameplay, nothing different. There are many games with very slow appearance but they are considered the worlds best games ever made...

Appearance can be a bonus but by itself, its impossible making a good game out of it.

There is a third componnent which got nothing to do with either gameplay nor raw physical appearance, its some sort of deepness: (a form of art).

The deepness can come with story but it can also come with its appearance, sound, movement and virtually everything. Its some sort of art able to create a deep atmosphere, and the atmosphere itself is able to create deepness. Art is the hardest stuff to measure because there is simply no possible measurement. That can be done using countless instruments, so there is no general rule on "how to create art", resulting into deepness.

Chik'Tikka
Sep 30, 2012, 10:50 PM
*walks into a Vindictus discussion thread* i came in here to post that i found out one of my classmates plays PSO2, but he's on ship 9, posting here because I'm too lazy to go find the "no friends wanna play wit meh" thread+^_^+ :'(
+^_^+

Squire Grooktook
Sep 30, 2012, 11:19 PM
I'v encountered several people who play PSO2, but on different ships.

Also, *claps at Xenobia's post*

dablacksephiroth
Oct 1, 2012, 11:56 AM
All of that is valid, but it doesn't say that Vindictus has better core combat, just that Vindictus better utilizes it at a certain point. Perhaps one day we will be making the same arguments for PSO2 when it has 4 campaigns, each harder then the last, and ultimate difficulty.

But I can see this is heading towards another difficulty debate. So let's not go there.
<_<;; lol don't get me wrong though. Wasn't talking about any core or better gameplay. Only giving off what I've come to find the average person's reason to ever claim PSO2 is slow-paced just and only from them seeing a video of the game.

They aren't exactly accurate in that assumption just by sight alone. I remember games I thought were gonna be slow-paced, until I actually played them, turned out to be the opposite, with a bunch of on-going activity constantly. (Actually that was DN lol) And I also a vice versa situation.. thought to be fast-paced, turned out horribly slow-paced.. *cough*StarWarsOldRepublic*cough* 'scuse me... had something nasty in my throat... *COUGH*FFXI*COOOOUUUGHHACK*

Aaagh, I'm dying!~

Aegea
Oct 4, 2012, 01:19 AM
Most of the problem comes from the language barrier. That shuts out 99% of the players right then and there. And the english patch came way too late.

IAMERR0R
Oct 4, 2012, 02:23 AM
same for me, i have allot of semi-nerd friends here.

but none of them are really to the point of being able to play a game like this -_-...

that's what i get for moving to a biblebelt in the middle of nowhere.

anyway i'd love to have more people to team up with and slay monsters.

add me if your on ship 4.
character names are

stoner
&
Mao

KitsyLove
Oct 4, 2012, 03:50 AM
I tried to get some friends of mine playing this game. They did for a bit. But thing is, my friends gets easily distracted by other things and can't stay at one game for too long. I too have the habit of doing something else after a few weeks. I just can't continuesly play one game. xD

I'd love to play again (haven't for a while due to client problems and other games I wanted to play), but I keep having issues with my client that I'm tired of having to keep trying to figure out the problem is or re-installing it all the time. I'm pretty much waiting for solutions to come. For now it even got so far that I don't have the game on my computer anymore because it's frustrating me. xD

I'm afraid that if things don't get solved, the US/EU version will also have these issues and it's not something I'm looking forward to go through again. :\

Eternal255
Oct 4, 2012, 02:19 PM
Everyone i introduce to this game really like it, but still never really play it. (Theyre all stuck on that stupid game league of legends which theyve been playing for YEARS now). My brother, who used to play PSO1 with me, even wants to play PSO2 but wont for whatever reason (he can even read japanese) and i have a few other friends that thought PSO1 was the lamest stupidest thing ever, but said PSO2 actually looks pretty badass.

Yet none of em play it. Donno.

They all bought GW2 and told me i should play it and that i'd love it and blah blah blah. I told them they bought the wrong game, continued playing this and sure enough, they quit GW2 after one week (gj paying $60 for it)

Dan Maku
Oct 4, 2012, 02:24 PM
My IRL friends don't really have much interest in this game. Not all of them play MMOs, and those that do already play WoW, so trying to get them onboard is an exercise in futility.

My internet friends is a different story, though. Some are PSO vets who were waiting on pins and needles for this game, and they have had better luck convincing their friends. Those that aren't already playing are eagerly awaiting the EN version of the game.

Dinosaur
Oct 4, 2012, 02:57 PM
OP post
It has to do with the game being only available in Japanese. Cutting the social aspect from an online game is a huge turn off for anyone who isn't a die-hard fan of the series. There's also the fact that Japanese-illiterate people cannot "jump" into the game without reading copious amounts of guides and/or without having been provided help beforehand. It's a lot of work to play a game that's looks all ching chong to the naked eye.

Inazuma
Oct 4, 2012, 04:00 PM
It has to do with the game being only available in Japanese. Cutting the social aspect from an online game is a huge turn off for anyone who isn't a die-hard fan of the series. There's also the fact that Japanese-illiterate people cannot "jump" into the game without reading copious amounts of guides and/or without having been provided with help beforehand. It's a lot of work to play a game that's looks all ching chong to the naked eye.

Even though I think PSO2 is the best game ever, if someone doesn't know Japanese or has no desire to learn it, I can totally understand them not wanting to play it. Even though the English version will be vastly inferior, at least it's "playable" to them.

Those of you playing the game with no knowledge of Japanese, I strongly suggest playing with Japanese people and trying to communicate with them. You will learn the language over time and then the game will be a lot more fun for you.

May0
Oct 4, 2012, 09:35 PM
ching chong to the naked eye.

PSO2 its Japanese not Chinese. Call them moon runes

the "ching chong" or language that sounds like your rolling a piano down a flight of stairs is Chinese not Japanese.

Even though the English version will be vastly inferior, at least it's "playable" to them.

Someone's wearing some weaboo goggles. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against an inclination to be culturally open but your assumption that the game is already bad since its the NA version is just absurd.

Not to say it won't have it's flaws or that I'm guaranteeing it will be good but I cant take such an opinion seriously when we haven't even seen the stateside version of the game released yet.

Galax
Oct 4, 2012, 09:45 PM
If you take SEGAs trackrecord of "handling" NA...no. Not even NA. Of handling - and I say handling with sarcastic air quotes - non-JP servers, you might see that they do all right for a while, then they just let it go to hell because they are updating their JP servers all the time and "they can't spare staff" for the other servers, or something else like that. It's been going on, and once you stop and look back...Well, then you might see that such an opinion is the best option of something to believe. I won't even hold out hope they'll do it right. That way, if they do - which in my mind, after PSOXbox, BB, and PSU/AoI online, not to mention the ONE ROUND NOW GET NEW PEOPLE random matchup in PSZ, is a long shot beyond our solar system - but regardless...if they do, it'll be a very, very nice surprise to start a game on par with the JP servers that STAYS that way. Then I can play with my friends and have all my items AND menus in a language I can read without patching the game against the ToS or what have you. I'd very much like to believe that...but I don't want to risk being dissapointed. Again. After Capcom cancelling Legends 3, the fat boxart Mega, and SEGA's general history of "playing nice" with non JP servers, I'm not going to set myself up for MORE disappointing releases or lack thereof.

Tldr? If you expect the worst you won't be dissapointed, and looking at how SEGA has done shit in the past that's the best route to take, the best advice to follow.

Mike
Oct 4, 2012, 09:56 PM
not to mention the ONE ROUND NOW GET NEW PEOPLE random matchup in PSZ
This is the way the Japanese version worked too.

Rien
Oct 4, 2012, 10:03 PM
With the State of the Arks coming along, I wouldn't introduce anyone to this game, especially because they're all curious about the endgame (even if they made starting out easier) and right now the endgame is looking like bullshitfuckcowpie

May0
Oct 4, 2012, 10:28 PM
If you expect the worst you won't be disappointing, and looking at how SEGA has done shit in the past that's the best route to take, the best advice to follow.

The only PSO I've played is PSOBB and it was on the server that must not be named, so I have no real experience with the official server and their update policies. In that respect I don't hold any bias.

To be honest, I'm not all that worried about localization. If they want to keep the game alive they'll update it regularly or have events to spice things up. We'll just have to wait and see how the NA team will handle them. Hopefully they'll work well with the JP team.

I'm more worried about them losing money by investing in the vita. They'd be better off utilizing tablets or IOS formats for what they're trying to do I believe- that or have a version for the WiiU or DS. Accesability is the issue- the more people they can expose the game to the better. I haven't checked recently but I don't believe the vita has a large market share at the moment. a side note- I hope Spiral Knights was a good test ground for Sega to see what works and what doesn't for the free to play model.

On topic...At the very least there's no entry barrier to PSO2 unless you want to start out with extra character slots and such. Oh and I guess high speed internet and a computer but I figure those are a given...my point being that I would be hard pressed to turn my nose up without even giving the game a chance, especially since had my way with PSO for free.

Dinosaur
Oct 4, 2012, 10:34 PM
To be honest, I'm not all that worried about localization. If they want to keep the game alive they'll update it regularly or have events to spice things up. We'll just have to wait and see how the NA team will handle them. Hopefully they'll work well with the JP team.

You're in the wrong part of town...

Chik'Tikka
Oct 4, 2012, 10:51 PM
Stuffs

i has a theory that SEGAC misses the global servers of way back when (which was a Wednesday) and they letting foreign servers go is sort of a middle finger to all the no-longer-foggy international internet laws+^_^+

LinkKD
Oct 5, 2012, 02:47 AM
friends?...

k, jk

but yeah, I do have trouble getting any friend into PSO2...proof is, I don't have any friends playing (besides the ones that wanted to play by themselves already, not through me...and even those are only two =w= )

I'm not a bitcher though...I tell them "hey, wanna play this?" them: "naw" me: "k cool"

I...sorta miss having friends playing though =w=

Garnet_Moon
Oct 5, 2012, 04:06 AM
Actually, I got some friends to STOP playing it. As odd as you might think that is.

IAMERR0R
Oct 5, 2012, 06:13 AM
Actually, I got some friends to STOP playing it. As odd as you might think that is.
well that's odd, why?

-ZaNtH-
Oct 5, 2012, 08:38 AM
Me and like 10 other people that I know are waiting for the US/EU release. I personally think that It's just too much to bother with and just wanna play. I know the two versions will likely be supported differently, but even with that, I would still rather play on English version. I wish i knew the language, but i don't. I actually hope to learn it someday and go to Japan, that would be awesome. The people i know say the same thing. Some have even tried it, but still want to wait. I'm sure It's not that bad, still would rather just wait tho.

Galax
Oct 6, 2012, 07:53 AM
The only PSO I've played is PSOBB and it was on the server that must not be named, so I have no real experience with the official server and their update policies. In that respect I don't hold any bias.

I'm more worried about them losing money by investing in the vita. They'd be better off utilizing tablets or IOS formats for what they're trying to do I believe- that or have a version for the WiiU or DS. Accesability is the issue- the more people they can expose the game to the better. I haven't checked recently but I don't believe the vita has a large market share at the moment. a side note- I hope Spiral Knights was a good test ground for Sega to see what works and what doesn't for the free to play model.

On topic...At the very least there's no entry barrier to PSO2 unless you want to start out with extra character slots and such. Oh and I guess high speed internet and a computer but I figure those are a given...my point being that I would be hard pressed to turn my nose up without even giving the game a chance, especially since had my way with PSO for free.

I played that server too, so I can understand not having experience with SEGAs BS. However...I personally started on PSOXbox. Fine, not all that early. But I noticed there was next-to-nothing being done about all the hacked items going around the market with 127 Native Dark Hit and all those bastards sitting in lobbies with some kinda macro that FSODs anyone unlucky enough to walk in. I never got anything better for my FOmar than the Elemental Wands because of shit like that. And did SEGA care? No. No they did not. Not that I saw. Not that any of my friends saw. And there was no proof that they did care via action - so little seemed to be done.

After that, I went to BB. It was good, really it was. But I still encountered lots of shit with people claiming to be GMs and getting free items that way by sheer scare factor, the possibility that you MIGHT be banned, and people were still able to FSOD you, and while you no longer lost items that weren't equipped or banked, it was still annoying on slower computers - like mine - that had to be restarted entirely every few FSODs to run the game again.

On your point of "if they want to keep their game alive"...I'm sorry. No. They kept PSUJP alive plenty, but PSU360/PC/PS2 were pretty neglected. As I recall, there was an almost three year gap between PSUJP getting the Absolute Zero event and PSU360 getting it. Upon our closing, we did not have half the gear they did. We were hearing shit about all this new stuff on JP servers, and for those of us who could not pay for premium JP - people like me, again, or others who had the cash but prefer not to spend it on games/games like PSU - You were stuck without several things, which now playing PSO2 I could see it would have been bearable..Except for a few. The "being able to be selected for a rare mission, but not being able to play it." That's bullshit. You're going to see "Galax has won the right to play a rare free mission!" scroll across the screen in JP, and then know I can't take leader and take myself nor anyone else in it, that's asshattery. The whole GUARDIANs Cash thing was promised the US servers for those that would use it. It never got implemented. I earned about 500k from bets between friends with that outcome. Then, everyone knows about this...

THE RESKINS. My god. They don't DO new content. IT's so freaking rare.

Hell, even a few PAs are just throwbacks to PSU right now, and am I the only one thinking the sword surfing is Dus Majarra all over again? Tornado Dance, btw. When did that get introduced? Was it PSU, or is PSU's a throwback to a skill to even earlier?
Let's not forget the number of dragons. We started with De Ragan in PSU. They made him orange and grey and called him Zoalgoug, and instead of fire, lightning.
Then they made De Ragnus. Just a longer, sleeker De Ragan in Light Green with a neutral body, and two elemental heads. That's the closest you get to a new boss in their dragons.
De Ragnus got reskinned white and made entirely light/dark switchup. White Beast, or Alterzagohg.

They did it in PSO1, as well. "Rare" rappies anyone? Yes, let's take mr Rag Rappy and make him blue. OH LOOK IT'S AN AL RAPPY GAIZ. NEW MOB! No, SEGA, it's not.

Now let's make him pure white. EL RAPPY OMG ULT MODE RAPPY HURDUR. Now let's rainbowfy him. HAHAH PAL RAPPY LOLOL DERP.

...Sorry for the rant. But that's how SEGA handles shit. They reskin and remake a few things, add some pretty colors, and call it new. They give the JP side tons of updates, and barely seem to spare a thought for anything non JP. It's old, and I'm not giving them my trust to do shit right just because the JP SERVERS have so much detail and shit atm. I strongly believe that's BECAUSE it's the jp servers, and we SHOULD NOT use them as a basis for what the US/EU servers will be like.

Btw, it's not US servers. It really is US/EU. Please remember that.

Gama
Oct 6, 2012, 09:54 AM
i personaly like the fact that i can meet people from japan, that wont happen on the us/eu servers.

EvilMag
Oct 6, 2012, 09:59 AM
i personaly like the fact that i can meet people from japan, that wont happen on the us/eu servers.

You never know. I've spoke with some JP friends and they even said if we ever get IP blocked, they would go over to the US/EU servers just to play with us.

KrankItVZ
Oct 6, 2012, 10:39 AM
Cuz its not in English so they end up not knowing the basic controls. E.g. shooting with just WASD thus very awks

artbunker
Oct 6, 2012, 09:57 PM
One of my good friends stopped playing PSOBB a while back. She loved the game, and went very deep into it. She was even able to decipher the storyline to that game . After about 6 months she stopped plaing it.

Ok She hear about PSO2 and thought it would be nice to play, but she wasnt interested in teh game or the time it would take to download the Japanese version. For her out of sight out of mind. Well today I pick he up at her house around 11 AM.. I convinced her to create a SEGA account and let her play it on my good PC. I got the game on both my PC's so no big deal there.

Lets say after about the first hour shhe was hooked again . She evengot past my toon at level 8. She is 9 now. She discovered the client missions and told me about them. SHe was reading the faq over at the bumped site. I had to remind her she had to get back to her house ot meet up with ehr other friends tonight and go to the movies.

Once agian, this person went form you gotta drag me to play the game to trying to find out which Parrallel with work on her Mac to be able to support Direct X. THat is a big turnaround especially for her .

IAMERR0R
Oct 6, 2012, 11:54 PM
Me and like 10 other people that I know are waiting for the US/EU release. I personally think that It's just too much to bother with and just wanna play. I know the two versions will likely be supported differently, but even with that, I would still rather play on English version. I wish i knew the language, but i don't. I actually hope to learn it someday and go to Japan, that would be awesome. The people i know say the same thing. Some have even tried it, but still want to wait. I'm sure It's not that bad, still would rather just wait tho.
really it takes about 2min to make an account and set it up for play.

and by the time you're Lv10 you wont even feel help back atall from not knowing the language.
also there's that English patch, translates almost everything that's gameplay related.

Cyron Tanryoku
Oct 7, 2012, 12:00 AM
I actually just invited 5 people at once

Cyclon
Oct 7, 2012, 04:48 AM
Ohhh my god! I thought I was the only one dealing with these hardships! One of my friends spent the 3 months leading up to the release praising the game so highly and becoming so excited to play.
I feel for you. The same happened to me, basically this friend is the one that got me into the hype. We were so thrilled about this game. The videos, the character creator, the key for the c. beta, everything got us really excited; this was gonna be good.
Then the evening before the beginning of said beta, we had a party at my place and I did something really rude to him, yet didn't realize he was angry since he didn't react at all. The following is obvious, I guess; for the next two weeks he refused to talk to me, played the game alone, and -of course- ditched it at level 6, force.
After I understood what happened and sincerely apologized to him, there was no way he'd play the game anymore, despite me telling him how unrepresentative what he saw was.

http://arbrealettres.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/mouchoirs.gif

My other friends won't come to this game unless both of us play it. So yeah, I'll see if I have the will to make him play the US/EU version when the time comes.

Or I'm just being delusional and I'm forever alone on this one. We shall see.

Yeah I've had this problem too.

Amaranthus
Oct 7, 2012, 05:38 AM
Err.. I am having zero luck getting people to play this game. They all said the patch was retarded and too big; they can't just finish patching at all. I've redirected them to psublog's mirror patches but still no luck at their end. :I

Melodys
Oct 7, 2012, 06:48 AM
I have tried inviting a few other friends I know to play this game and was successful for a little while until they complain about the language barriers. The bigger reason is the many locked, full, friends or team only parties since random parties are really rare and they aren't the most talkative bunch. They'd rather wait for the English release to see if things would improve and I think I am jumping in the same bandwagon too.

Kous
Oct 7, 2012, 07:34 AM
There are few problems many people will face and 1 that Language barrier. I know many of yall could find friends and do stuff, but when none of your friends are on and you join a party with nothin but Japanese speakers you just don't wanna play.

The Second is good old Mr. Download/Account/Patch, I The download takes long I mean for me its 4 hours, but one of my friends internet it took close to 12 hours. A then the patch that takes another 2-3 hours depending on internet/Computer processor. Then theres the trouble of makes a account, that is just annoying since its in Japanese

So in there minds there think, Why would anybody go this much trouble for a game. Theres gonna be a NA/EU release and thats not gonna be trouble to download and patch. So there like forget it and I can wait

There not thinking about its gonna be behind in patches, cuz I personally don't care and I doubt it will happen, but yall can prove me wrong when the NA release is here

Renvalt
Oct 8, 2012, 04:06 AM
I also think that they're gonna half ass the content upon localized beta as well. If my guess is right, CBT in January, with full release in Spring of 2013 (if we're lucky, that is).

But yeah, I don't really know anyone who'd play this. The friends I do have are either:

A)On a hiatus from MMO games as a whole and are trying to wind down from that particular genre
B)Hardcore FGers who need to maintain their practice in terms of their chosen fighter so they can still be sharp should they choose to go to EVO.
C)Old farts who don't exactly care about gaming to begin with
D) (This one's my personal favorite) People who are gamers but think that there is no better game(s) than CoD and WoW (to which I say "Man are you ignorant?")

Punisher106
Oct 8, 2012, 12:29 PM
It's not too hard to get people into this. I mean, I tell them there's an English patch and such, give them the link, and they go on to get the game. But most of the time, they have problems downloading patches. They keep getting errors while trying to download it.

Cyron Tanryoku
Oct 8, 2012, 12:55 PM
Everyone one I invited really hate the caves

I kinda agree with them

BIG OLAF
Oct 8, 2012, 01:16 PM
Everyone one I invited really hate the caves

I kinda agree with them

Well, every ten seconds...

Wall *SLAMS* in your face:

EMERGENCY CODE: TERRIBLE INCONVENIENCE