PDA

View Full Version : do guns not auto aim anymore?

Alisha
Sep 30, 2012, 05:06 AM
i wasnt expecting like pso but even psu/psp2/psp2i had a certain amount of aim adjustment. i was doing some research into how i might like to play.and gunslash peaked my interest. then i saw this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8e0BRIzDKnU&app=desktop
and he periodically jumps to shoot O_o

Coatl
Sep 30, 2012, 05:09 AM
Locking on isn't always the best thing to do.

Alisha
Sep 30, 2012, 05:18 AM
hey that post was rather informative! try a little harder next time OK?

Temprus
Sep 30, 2012, 05:25 AM
A Lock-on will mostly lock on, but depending on movement you'll miss your target. Sometimes you jump to hit a spot that you can't lock-on (like Rockbear's face), though typically this will be when you're a gunner. When a ranger, it's best to just go into TPS (gives you a recitcle to aim more precise at the expense of losing the ability to lock-on).

Lock-on won't always be there to help you after all. In monsters were you can break parts of them off, the area you broke off tends to be come a non-lock-on-able weak point.

blace
Sep 30, 2012, 05:25 AM
Oh it's true though, locking on leaves you vulnerable and susceptible to other dangers.

Unlike the past iterations of PS, you do have a bit of an auto lock on on the nearest target or hitbox, and like PSU/PSP series, you can lock onto a specific part or enemy. You're also able to switch to TPS style mode and manually choose where to aim.

Edit: As Temprus has mentioned, it won't always help you. For example, you're fighting say a Vol Dragon, you break off the crytal on its tail you lose your lock. Don't rely too much on the auto locking to save your butt, it really won't turn out too well.

futamieriko
Sep 30, 2012, 07:47 AM
Did they change something about locking on for forces? Haven't been able to lock on with Q despite the keybinds page saying that's the button for it.

Agitated_AT
Sep 30, 2012, 07:54 AM
Oh it's true though, locking on leaves you vulnerable and susceptible to other dangers.

Unlike the past iterations of PS, you do have a bit of an auto lock on on the nearest target or hitbox, and like PSU/PSP series, you can lock onto a specific part or enemy. You're also able to switch to TPS style mode and manually choose where to aim.

Edit: As Temprus has mentioned, it won't always help you. For example, you're fighting say a Vol Dragon, you break off the crytal on its tail you lose your lock. Don't rely too much on the auto locking to save your butt, it really won't turn out too well.

Lol, what dangers ;-)

Darki
Sep 30, 2012, 08:09 AM
Also, three issues I've found with locking on that I didn't seem to experience in PSU...

1) I'm not entirely sure of how lock-on chooses the targets when you randomly press the button. I think it picks the closest enemy to your line of vision, camera-wise, not character-wise, and it also prefers enemies closer to this center than closer to your character. To put it simple, if you're trying to lock-on a Ragne leg, for example, if another part of its body is more centered in your screen, it will target that one even if you have the leg at melee range.

In PSU I don't remember this being a serious issue. I think it should target enemies paying more attention to the character's position and line of sight, because it has happened many times that I've been trying to hit a particular part of an enemy -that I had tight in front of my face- but the game decided that it was better to lock-on that minion there 100 metres away from you in the background.

2) Related to the previous one, we also have a button that jumps between aviable targets, so you can re-target quickly... but this one also works weird to me. I think it happens because most enemies have more than one spot to lock-on and it just cycles between them without jumping to a different enemy.

3) In PSU, you could actually move the camera while targetting an enemy. It would snap back behind you as soon as you'd release the camera controls, but still, you could move the camera when the targetting system left you in a weird angle (for example, when I lock.on a Ragne's core, the camera goes all shit inside of it's ass and I don't see anything). I'd really like this feature back. =/

Mystil
Sep 30, 2012, 11:04 AM
All I know is, apparently(and I've come to agree with this) using a controller really screws with shot accuracy.

Don't know if you use one..

The Jump shooting, is for getting a better angle. Height difference can play a factor in shot accuracy.

Lock-on does not guarantee a shot. Hell, sometimes it gets me killed when I used it on my FO cause you can't evade the way you want while still locked-on.

BIG OLAF
Sep 30, 2012, 11:07 AM

Also, locking on to a big enemy that moves very swiftly, like Quartz Dragon, will confuse and spaz out your camera if you get too close (i.e., inside its body) while it's moving. I learned that the hard way. My camera started flipping out and then I was dead.

it cracks me up how many people don't know the difference between "peaked" and "piqued".

Ana-Chan
Sep 30, 2012, 12:05 PM
Did they change something about locking on for forces? Haven't been able to lock on with Q despite the keybinds page saying that's the button for it.

Nothing has changed there. Just out of curiosity, did you try holding down Q to see if it locks that way?

For the lock on, it has two options, one press or hold. I have noticed occasionally that it can change from one press to hold when you change settings in the launcher or just randomly when you update.

GoldenFalcon
Sep 30, 2012, 06:28 PM
The real answer is that it avoids a reload animation if you shoot while falling, and the movement keys turn you instead of making you run to the sides (which would make you shoot the complete wrong direction of course)