PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone else been owned like this? lol

dablacksephiroth
Sep 30, 2012, 12:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jwfK_ZvBPs

..it was our first time, getting everything right! We were sure we were about to win and finally claim victory over the new Time Attack! We only killed 1 Dragonkin by mistake, so we still had no event walls in Area 3 to stop us. We arrived at 12:30 on the timer... ...but the boss didn't show.

We assumed this was how to win, perfectly. No gates, no boss, so we cleared all the darkers that remained in the room. Then we were poopfaced. Nothing else was spawning yet the timer was still ticking... the victory we were hoping to achieve was wrongly assumed. That's when I hit the record key... ...ran for the entrance, and oh hi there! Vol decides to show up after shaving 3 minutes from us.. we tried to burn him down, but alas... we friggin' failed!

Arada
Sep 30, 2012, 01:25 PM
Hello, looking at your video, I have a question :D

How come does your Grant deal so much more damage than mine ?

Is there any way you could post your skill tree set up (because that's probably where the difference is made) and your weapon's attribute and abilities ?

I currently have a Gramaciento +9 with Ragne Soul and Technique 3 (attribute 19 Wind) and I upped my Skill Tree in the Fire Branch (with T-ATK 1 and 2 maxed, charged techs boost at max) but only seem to be dealing around 250/hit with Grant 10 in Just Attack + Shifta + Shita Drink EX so I'm wondering where's the issue on me. :D

Z-0
Sep 30, 2012, 01:53 PM
Yeah, you need to be running on the left to get Vol to spawn.

Kind of silly; hopefully they fix that.

Also, the reason his Grants damage is so high is simply because he's hitting the infection spot; it's weak to Light (and probably Dark). However, my favourite tactic for Vol is to break the tail then use Gimegid on the horn while he's recovering for MAXIMUM DAMAGE. (I actually have no idea if Megid does more; I don't have it)

PS: We should probably play sometime; like 80% of my gametime happens to be running these TA quests. =P

Jakosifer
Sep 30, 2012, 02:03 PM
Infection points are weak to all elements.

Z-0
Sep 30, 2012, 02:05 PM
Infection points are weak to all elements.
Yes, but for Vol I find Fire does as much damage as if it's not an infection point (at least not when he's Phase 1/2, I see 2K damage was done on phase 3).

dablacksephiroth
Sep 30, 2012, 03:10 PM
Hello, looking at your video, I have a question :D

How come does your Grant deal so much more damage than mine ?

Is there any way you could post your skill tree set up (because that's probably where the difference is made) and your weapon's attribute and abilities ?

I currently have a Gramaciento +9 with Ragne Soul and Technique 3 (attribute 19 Wind) and I upped my Skill Tree in the Fire Branch (with T-ATK 1 and 2 maxed, charged techs boost at max) but only seem to be dealing around 250/hit with Grant 10 in Just Attack + Shifta + Shita Drink EX so I'm wondering where's the issue on me. :DEr.. lol.. my skill tree is laughable. I have it posted in description box of another video.. but since this is a forum, I suppose I can just copy/pasta.

Anywho, it's probably your Mag and your armor units. My 3 armor units have Rag + Tech 3 each. And my Mag is only giving +91 Tech / +57 Dex / +2 Tech def x-x

The reference: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=NJujKoNpG6c&t=0m0s

- Just Reversal: 1/1 :(
- T-ATK Boost 1: 10/10
- Flame Mastery 1: 10/10
- Flame Tech S Charge: 7/10
- Charge PP Revival: 1/1
- Tech Charge Advance 1: 6/10
- Tech Charge Advance 2: 10/10

dablacksephiroth
Sep 30, 2012, 06:49 PM
However, my favourite tactic for Vol is to break the tail then use Gimegid on the horn while he's recovering for MAXIMUM DAMAGE. (I actually have no idea if Megid does more; I don't have it)THIS, was very helpful. I had been meaning to go with that strategy, but always put it off as low priority to test for speed. I was always suspicious of using the Ramegid on nose as much as possible, myself, ever since my Caterdra'n experiment. I like how this works out, if tail is broken while horn is still up, then horn is broken while recovering, he restarts his tail recovery twice, allowing for more Ramegid damage and a shitload of technique DPS. And my Megid is 10 as well as Ramegid, I can only nail 1700 dmg on crits on its nose (which aren't often, otherwise its 1100-1300), and that's IF it homes correctly. x-x;

Gimegid is always doing 200-300 more damage than Megid 10 for me.

SPOnion
Oct 1, 2012, 12:01 AM
I've got a question: it's a good tree, why is it laughable?

dablacksephiroth
Oct 1, 2012, 11:17 AM
I've got a question: it's a good tree, why is it laughable?My lil opinion, I suppose. The things I wish I didn't have, I have. The things I wish I had, I don't have. I pretty much forced myself into waiting until Lv50 to fix myself.

See, back when I input all these lovely points, I was in the mindset that ...oh, Lv50 cap will be right around the corner! Seeing how quickly Lv40 cap came from the Lv30 cap. And boy was I wrong! 8)

Eternal255
Oct 1, 2012, 12:26 PM
people doing the new time attack already and ive never figured out the first.

any tutorials on em all somewhere?

dablacksephiroth
Oct 1, 2012, 05:34 PM
people doing the new time attack already and ive never figured out the first.

any tutorials on em all somewhere?
A tutorial for it, video-wise might not even be necessary, even though I still hope to get the guys together for one.

But I'm sure I can easilly tell you these short instructions and you'll get it first go. It was interesting, we wound up finding all these discoveries on our own. The Dragonkin thing was very interesting, we started noticing.. oh hey, that guy is running away now that all the darkers are dead.. could it be significant? Later we confirmed from some JP sources what it does. haha.. Anyway uh...

Area 1.. First, try NOT TO KILL any Dragonkin as much as possible. Next, The 2 yellow switches at top the platform, 2 ppl stand on it (do not move until other player launches), below them near the yellow gate but at the brick house before it will spawn a catapult. 1 person pults over, either use a lightning technique for a fast burn of the mobs that will spawn AROUND a lightning rod in front you or just manually kill em all.

Then behind them is another catapult, take it, hit the switch, go to Area 2.

We found nothing special in Area 2, separate 4 ppl north, south, east, west.. East and West need to be badass at killing Ga Wondas. (Giants with Shields) And again, try not to kill any Dragonkin, including Caterdra'n. Kill the Gwan, go to Area 3.

If you killed minimal Dragonkin there should be no event gates in Area 3. For every 2 specific Dragonkin you kill, they will spawn an Event gate that wastes your time. Otherwise, head straight to the end and down the Vol Dragon.

Oh right, also, the more Dragonkin killed, the higher level infection will be on Vol Dragon, which also increases his HP.. lol.

For now, that's all we've uncovered.

Z-0
Oct 1, 2012, 05:41 PM
Have you ever thought about the 4 switches in front of the 4 gates might do something in Area 2? They're a bit too obvious to do nothing, in my opinion, but my group hasn't been able to figure anything out.

dablacksephiroth
Oct 1, 2012, 05:48 PM
Ha! One of us did get a brainstorm that maybe if we all stood on the switches long enough, something might happen.. but alas, I actually kept forgetting to remind them to try it sometime. Was hoping it could annihilate the gates within the next teleport or at least make the teleport send us somewhere else, like skip that part entirely. lol.

I have to remind them when we're all online again, cus I'm also still not convinced Area 2 is shortcutless.

Z-0
Oct 1, 2012, 06:07 PM
I've been camping Youtube, NND and the 2ch TA thread (located here (http://awabi.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/ogame3/1343621372/)), but nothing has turned up as of yet. As the 2ch thread says, many people are preoccupied with Team stuff (I'd say a little too much, but whatever), so all TA secrets haven't been uncovered.

Fastest time on this so far is 8:47 on Ship 1, which I assume was done with leet gears and mechguns to skip the last attack in Area 1 (flips ftw). I can see Area 2 being shortcutless (I mean it's pretty much less than 10 enemies if you only count your route at the 4-way split), but I wouldn't hold my breath.