PDA

View Full Version : How are PSU players liking this game?

-ZaNtH-
Oct 1, 2012, 05:42 PM
I've only ever played PSU, so i don't know what really differs between each one. I played PSU for like 6 years tho, and for the most part enjoyed it. I'm not big into MMO's, but PSU had a unique combat style i enjoyed. It seemed more interactive than other ones that i have tried. I'm planning on putting like $2k into a computer. Mainly for this, but i still wanna be able to play everything on the highest setting with good fps. Before i do that, i wanna be sure I will like the game, lol. If someone could give me an insight on things i would like and thing i wouldn't like, i would appreciate it. :-)

D3MON
Oct 1, 2012, 05:54 PM
I've only ever played PSU, so i don't know what really differs between each one. I played PSU for like 6 years tho, and for the most part enjoyed it. I'm not big into MMO's, but PSU had a unique combat style i enjoyed. It seemed more interactive than other ones that i have tried. I'm planning on putting like $2k into a computer. Mainly for this, but i still wanna be able to play everything on the highest setting with good fps. Before i do that, i wanna be sure I will like the game, lol. If someone could give me an insight on things i would like and thing i wouldn't like, i would appreciate it. :-)

Im playing this on a 660 ti. Maxing this game no problem, it isn't a graphic intensive game keep that in mind. It is optimized for nvidia so keep that in mind was well. I played PSU since Jan 2008 and PSO2 is pretty much the same in most ways there is different elements but nothing too different. You will fit in fine, make sure you join one of the English speaking ships if that's your 1st language.

Lostbob117
Oct 1, 2012, 05:56 PM
In this game you can jump and make your own pa combos.

Bael
Oct 1, 2012, 06:01 PM
If you got a pc now, why don't you try out the gameplay for yourself.
I run it on a single-core [email protected], with 1gig Ram and a nvidia gtx8600.
I can run the game at a 4 (5 is highest), but my load times are rather high.
The game runs smooth for me even when things get hectic.

Shadowth117
Oct 1, 2012, 06:05 PM
Having considerable experience playing PSU (mostly as Force/Techer based classes if you're curious), I personally have to say I love PSO2. Great game to me overall. The gameplay is very interesting and a lot more skill based than PSU in my opinion. For example, whether you miss or not is completely based on whether or not you hit the target rather than a somewhat silly accuracy/evasion stat. The inclusion of the Z axis so much into the gameplay also drastically changes how you play, making the game feel more akin to games like Kingdom Hearts (which the targeting in this game is definitely ripped from).

I feel like its a pretty solid experience personally although as someone who enjoyed Time Attacking in PSU, I admit the randomness of the dungeons, while giving a different experience every time rather than the same run I always play, is somewhat bothersome at times since there's not a lot of room for that type of competition *yet* in this game. There are dedicated Time Attack missions, but there aren't many. As the game goes on there should be more, but right now that area is rather sparse.

Grinding in this game has been somewhat of an issue for people, but I'm assuming you'd know this having played PSU at all ;p Its to be expected in an MMO. If you try every class, you'll probably either love it or hate it, but if you do like it you will probably have a good time with this game, even without Arks Cash (this game's cash shop) features. I really like the game personally, but obviously not everyone will and does.

-ZaNtH-
Oct 1, 2012, 07:42 PM
Im playing this on a 660 ti. Maxing this game no problem, it isn't a graphic intensive game keep that in mind. It is optimized for nvidia so keep that in mind was well. I played PSU since Jan 2008 and PSO2 is pretty much the same in most ways there is different elements but nothing too different. You will fit in fine, make sure you join one of the English speaking ships if that's your 1st language.

Thanks for the heads up. I know It doesn't require a lot to run on max settings. I want to run every game on max and running good tho, not just this game. I'm not so sure that i will be playing on the Japanese server. I will probably end up playing on it tho, just for a short time until the US release.

In this game you can jump and make your own pa combos.

That is awesome. I bet this makes the fighter classes really fun.

If you got a pc now, why don't you try out the gameplay for yourself.
I run it on a single-core [email protected], with 1gig Ram and a nvidia gtx8600.
I can run the game at a 4 (5 is highest), but my load times are rather high.
The game runs smooth for me even when things get hectic.

What i have now does not have the requirements to run it. I have a laptop with a horrible graphics card that won't run anything. I wish i could try it, but yea...

Having considerable experience playing PSU (mostly as Force/Techer based classes if you're curious), I personally have to say I love PSO2. Great game to me overall. The gameplay is very interesting and a lot more skill based than PSU in my opinion. For example, whether you miss or not is completely based on whether or not you hit the target rather than a somewhat silly accuracy/evasion stat. The inclusion of the Z axis so much into the gameplay also drastically changes how you play, making the game feel more akin to games like Kingdom Hearts (which the targeting in this game is definitely ripped from).

I feel like its a pretty solid experience personally although as someone who enjoyed Time Attacking in PSU, I admit the randomness of the dungeons, while giving a different experience every time rather than the same run I always play, is somewhat bothersome at times since there's not a lot of room for that type of competition *yet* in this game. There are dedicated Time Attack missions, but there aren't many. As the game goes on there should be more, but right now that area is rather sparse.

Grinding in this game has been somewhat of an issue for people, but I'm assuming you'd know this having played PSU at all ;p Its to be expected in an MMO. If you try every class, you'll probably either love it or hate it, but if you do like it you will probably have a good time with this game, even without Arks Cash (this game's cash shop) features. I really like the game personally, but obviously not everyone will and does.

Never played Kingdom Hearts. My favorite class was Fighmaster, i loved the maneuverability that came with it. I did have a gunner too, tho i didn't use them much. I actually like the fact that you said that you get a different experience every time, keeps it interesting. I'm competitive as well, don't get me wrong. Games like this tho, I don't see much of a competitive side anyway. Obviously with an addition of PvP, that would sway my thought.

Thanks for all the quick responses, I do appreciate it :-)

D3MON
Oct 1, 2012, 09:55 PM
Thanks for the heads up. I know It doesn't require a lot to run on max settings. I want to run every game on max and running good tho, not just this game. I'm not so sure that i will be playing on the Japanese server. I will probably end up playing on it tho, just for a short time until the US release.

That is awesome. I bet this makes the fighter classes really fun.

What i have now does not have the requirements to run it. I have a laptop with a horrible graphics card that won't run anything. I wish i could try it, but yea...

Never played Kingdom Hearts. My favorite class was Fighmaster, i loved the maneuverability that came with it. I did have a gunner too, tho i didn't use them much. I actually like the fact that you said that you get a different experience every time, keeps it interesting. I'm competitive as well, don't get me wrong. Games like this tho, I don't see much of a competitive side anyway. Obviously with an addition of PvP, that would sway my thought.

Thanks for all the quick responses, I do appreciate it :-)

I run all games out right now Max settings with my 660 ti OC @ 1280 hz and a i5-3570k OC @ 4.4 ghz. Only game that i cant run at 60 fps steady is Metro 2033 at Max @ 1920x1080. That game kills cards to this day, and its a 2010 Game!

Zorafim
Oct 1, 2012, 10:00 PM
PSO2 blows PSU out of the water in every aspect. The difference is like day and night. If you even so much as enjoyed PSU, you'll love PSO2.
If you don't believe me, it's also free to play. So you've got nothing to lose.

Mike
Oct 1, 2012, 10:33 PM
So you've got nothing to lose.
Unless you're looking to take advantage of some things that PSU and PSO did that have been monitized in PSO2. That's no excuse for not trying it though.

NoiseHERO
Oct 1, 2012, 10:40 PM
ignoring everyone that says PSU is an utter piece of buttwad slime that doesn't deserve the time of day and shouldn't exist just because it had bad management and it wasn't PSO.

Yeah if you liked PSU you'll love this game. But I still miss goal lobbies, long missions and 3-piece outfits...

EvilMag
Oct 1, 2012, 10:43 PM
ignoring everyone that says PSU is an utter piece of buttwad slime that doesn't deserve the time of day and shouldn't exist just because it had bad management and it wasn't PSO.

Yeah if you liked PSU you'll love this game. But I still miss goal lobbies, long missions and 3-piece outfits...

I still don't understand why people treat PSU like the bastard step-child of the Phantasy Star series?

Anyways I'd say this game is good. There are parts that are better on PSU (PA leveling, more lobbies, etc) but PSO2 is really good.

iTz PooKiie xx
Oct 1, 2012, 10:50 PM

GC clothing was a lot better. Jp psu was the best. Xbox ppl can't be blamed for their thoughts on the localized version.

Since psoworld mods are fun ppl I'll post again to finish what I wanted to say.

PSO2 core aspects are the same as psu. On gameplay it's completely different. A small change that has a huge impact. You don't mash your PAs then use a photon charge when you need to use them. Now the normal attack plays a bigger role.

Theres more examples but just try it out and look for guides.

Hi Zanth=]

BIG OLAF
Oct 1, 2012, 10:53 PM

I miss those things as well. But! As for your first statement, that's not true. I know a few people that were super-hardcore PSU players, who just hate the hell out of PSO2, because it's not 'tough' enough, or isn't designed like PSU (though, I'll admit I prefer linear missions with "goals" over this giant random field free-roam stuff).

Honestly, I never thought PSU would have nostalgiafriends like PSO has. But, it does. Already.

EvilMag
Oct 1, 2012, 10:54 PM
I miss those things as well. But! As for your first statement, that's not true. I know a few people that were super-hardcore PSU players, who just hate the hell out of PSO2, because it's not 'tough' enough, or isn't designed like PSU.

Honestly, I never thought PSU would have nostalgiafriends like PSO has. But, it does. Already.

I remember on PSU JP some JP people were calling PSO2 "KSO2" lol

Sesheenku
Oct 1, 2012, 11:09 PM
I love PSO2, it has a very fun fighting system that includes jumping for once and allows you to dodge too!

However I think it lacks the charm of PSU, I felt the missions in there were more dependent on all the players working together, this game however... well I can go in any mission and I don't really need anyone for anything and it's just, go kill boss, get meh loot.

In any case this game is off to a good start and it's promising but ultimately I feel what's there to ME is kinda stale already, it's a beautiful game with a good fighting system.

One other reason is a lot of other PS games you would get a rare weapon and it would feel like an accomplishment and then you could go and show it off, now I mean you can buy rare weapons cheap as dirt so everyone has them, the loot is not enticing anymore, I know that I'm just going to pick up a bunch of junk, MAYBE with some usable affixes but that's about it.

So in summary PSO2 has an overall more enjoyable combat system and is obviously better looking BUT the uniqueness of rare weapons, the variety of the missions structures, the missions that almost demanded teamwork to meet goals, that's been replaced by missions with no real goal in mind, you go and you kill the boss or you go and you grind and do ec's along the way.

In my opinion it falls flat there but it's worth playing.

-ZaNtH-
Oct 1, 2012, 11:40 PM
GC clothing was a lot better. Jp psu was the best. Xbox ppl can't be blamed for their thoughts on the localized version.

Since psoworld mods are fun ppl I'll post again to finish what I wanted to say.

PSO2 core aspects are the same as psu. On gameplay it's completely different. A small change that has a huge impact. You don't mash your PAs then use a photon charge when you need to use them. Now the normal attack plays a bigger role.

Theres more examples but just try it out and look for guides.

Hi Zanth=]

Hey Pookiie! I remember you :)

I love PSO2, it has a very fun fighting system that includes jumping for once and allows you to dodge too!

However I think it lacks the charm of PSU, I felt the missions in there were more dependent on all the players working together, this game however... well I can go in any mission and I don't really need anyone for anything and it's just, go kill boss, get meh loot.

In any case this game is off to a good start and it's promising but ultimately I feel what's there to ME is kinda stale already, it's a beautiful game with a good fighting system.

One other reason is a lot of other PS games you would get a rare weapon and it would feel like an accomplishment and then you could go and show it off, now I mean you can buy rare weapons cheap as dirt so everyone has them, the loot is not enticing anymore, I know that I'm just going to pick up a bunch of junk, MAYBE with some usable affixes but that's about it.

So in summary PSO2 has an overall more enjoyable combat system and is obviously better looking BUT the uniqueness of rare weapons, the variety of the missions structures, the missions that almost demanded teamwork to meet goals, that's been replaced by missions with no real goal in mind, you go and you kill the boss or you go and you grind and do ec's along the way.

In my opinion it falls flat there but it's worth playing.

I do love that it has the jump feature, don't even know why PSU didn't have that. I can see your point on how easy it is. In PSU tho, everything was very easy and not hard to solo either. I apologize if I'm misunderstanding what you're saying there. Also, PSU was slow at the start too, so that makes sense. I mean it seemed just like the beta when it first came out, lol.

The combat is more what i was curious about. I mean the missions, rares and other additional content I'm sure will get better in time just like it was in PSU. It is kind of a bummer hearing that is relatively easy tho. Was hoping it would be harder and you would have to work hard for stuff. That is what ultimately makes things worth going for in my opinion.

It is hard for me to ask about much since this game hasn't been out that long. I like all the input I'm getting tho. For the most part makes me excited to get this. Especially the jumping and I think someone said that you can make your own combos:-o I think those in itself are huge upgrades from PSU.

Keep the feedback coming, liking what I'm hearing :)

Enforcer MKV
Oct 1, 2012, 11:57 PM
mmm, to clarify the 'making your own combos' bit...

You still have PAs. But instead of having three 'parts' of a PA you unlock like in PSU, the PAs in PSO2 are much more simplistic.

Now, for each weapon you have three slots that you can socket PAs into. Depending on how many times you use your normal attack beforehand, you'll use a different slot, and the corresponding PA you have linked to said slot.

What this allows you to do is, as previously stated, form your own combos. You can, for example, start off with a move that launches an enemy into the air, followed by a move that launches you into the air to continue the juggle, and end with a move that either stuns the enemy or slams them into the ground, or maybe some other things. It basically comes down to how much you're willing to experiment and find things that you like.

It's a nice system, all in all, even if I personally don't use it to it's full potential. It allows a great deal of freedom and choice, if you take the time to try it out.

...I hope that covers all the major points. And I hope that clears it up a little bit. I know sometimes my explanations fall a bit short. ^^;

kitchmas
Oct 2, 2012, 12:55 AM
Hi like you i only played PSU, I loved PSU was one of my favorite xbox games.
Going into PSO2 at 1st was mind blowing amazing graphics really fun combat, great bosses. But after getting to about level 20 i got really bored. The levels require little to no team work unless you want kill things faster. All the visiting planets from PSU are gone, just your ship to explore which has 2 areas the Arks lobby, and shopping district. You go to the quest counter to select missions. Right now i still log in and play but loose interest after 20 mins. I've just joined a team so hopefully that will make the game more enjoyable again.
But as being just a PSU player i feel it is lacking allot of the things i enjoyed.

DesignZ
Oct 2, 2012, 01:21 AM
Hi like you i only played PSU, I loved PSU was one of my favorite xbox games.
Going into PSO2 at 1st was mind blowing amazing graphics really fun combat, great bosses. But after getting to about level 20 i got really bored. The levels require little to no team work unless you want kill things faster. All the visiting planets from PSU are gone, just your ship to explore which has 2 areas the Arks lobby, and shopping district. You go to the quest counter to select missions. Right now i still log in and play but loose interest after 20 mins. I've just joined a team so hopefully that will make the game more enjoyable again.
But as being just a PSU player i feel it is lacking allot of the things i enjoyed.

This is still the first form of the game, PSU didn't start out blooming like it was before the servers shut down. They have to add little by little and build it up to 1). Keep people around, wanting more and 2). To keep the pace of new content. If they release everything now how is the game going to get better?

Nika
Oct 2, 2012, 01:24 AM
I played a lot during my psu days, but I dunno why I lose the old feeling there in this game.

May be because all the ranking are just about luck and zerg fest only It is not a fair one like psu mag+ anymore where every team join in the race. TA race shouldn't be random time at all.

Aewyn
Oct 2, 2012, 01:31 AM
Liking it just fine. Better, even.

Alisha
Oct 2, 2012, 01:34 AM
iv e got a similar question.
how are PSP2/I players liking pso2?

blace
Oct 2, 2012, 01:50 AM
iv e got a similar question.
Let's just say that in comparision, PSO2 puts good use of the blocking and dodge mechanics, along with the multiple techs on a rod/talis.

Mike
Oct 2, 2012, 02:00 AM
Using the Japanese versions, the incomplete-game-at-the-begining-of-it's-lifecycle vs. complete-game-at-the-end-of-it's-series-lifecycle arguement stands here so there's not much to talk about content-wise. Combat-wise, PSO2 is great. Not being able to block as a force or ranger is disappointing but the speed at which the game works is nice. The monitization of items, customization, costumes, and other things which could be bought with meseta or found in 2/i is a major turn-off though.

▲➌〇N
Oct 2, 2012, 04:19 AM
i'm not

ScottyMango
Oct 2, 2012, 10:07 AM
You won't need 2k for a system to run PSO2 lol. A $500 dollar rig would max it out pretty easy, but I'd suggest somewhere around $700-$800 dollars for a right proper gaming rig.

If you're a fan of actiony combat, PSO2 will blow you away. The fighter class, using twin daggers, the game becomes akin to Devil May Cry or the like. More simple, obviously, but juggling enemies with the right combo chain is always fun as hell.

I still don't understand why people treat PSU like the bastard step-child of the Phantasy Star series?

Because that's exactly what it is! I mean, how can you watch this: [SPOILER-BOX]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iESDUm_fyI[/SPOILER-BOX] and say that doesn't look terrible? It's almost humorous.

Xenobia
Oct 2, 2012, 12:54 PM
Im playing this on a 660 ti. Maxing this game no problem, it isn't a graphic intensive game keep that in mind. It is optimized for nvidia so keep that in mind was well.
It doesnt matter if people take Geforce or Radeon, as long as the GPU costs more than 180$ and not older than 3 years, its already overkill**. Radeon GPUs usualy are better priced so its usualy possible to take a GPU of a higher class than Geforce so the performance will be equal. For example its possible to get a 7950 at the almost same price such as a 660 ti, and both will perform about the same in PSO2 (in most other games the 7950 will be in the lead).

Note: I only use 2 generations, stuff older than that is kinda pointless because it will be hard to get from a shop (unless someone is using Ebay, but im not trying to hunt "bargain deals" using those examples.)

Examples of Overkill GPUs:
Radeon: 6950*, 6970, 7870*, 7950, 7970
Nvidia: 560ti@448 core, 570, 580, 660, 660ti, 670, 680

*Those GPUs has been tested by me. The 6950 was able to run into the 99999 limiter on the benchmark/low settings and ingame its never at full load @60 FPS and is able to reach way above 100 FPS. The 7870 is even more powerful and is basically running between 30-50% load at 1080P/max settings + constantly 60 FPS, so it can be said its already demolishing PSO2. The 7870 is almost same price such as a GTX 660, 250$ on Newegg (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121624). A 6950 can be gotten for even less, 180$ at Newegg (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102954), and its probably the cheapest "overkill GPU". Its truly hard to get even more power for the bucks, so in most cases Radeon is a very valid option, even for Geforce optimized games.

"Perfect" GPUs:
AMD: 6870, 7850***
Nvidia: 560 (all versions)

"Good" GPUs:
AMD: 6850, 7770
Nvidia: 550ti, GT 640 (GK107), GTX 650

**Overkill is the conditon where a GPU can go up to over 100 FPS, and when it will never drop below 60 FPS in 99% of the cases at 1080P + max settings.
*** The 7850 may have very high OC potential and could be raised into the level of "overkill".

"Perfect" is the condition when the GPU can keep 60 FPS at 1080P + max settings without a single breakdown in 90% of the cases.

"Good" is the condition when the GPU is running between 40-60 FPS most of the time. Its not perfect but its very smooth.

"Sufficient" is when a GPU is running at more than 30 FPS in average. Lower than 30 average FPS is usualy considered "insufficient". Most console games such as Xbox360 are usualy running at the "sufficient" condition because the hardware is simply to weak for most of the games. In term of PSO2 absolutly any desktop GPU of the 2 newest generations is sufficient to play PSO2.

-ZaNtH-
Oct 2, 2012, 12:54 PM
I know it will, I just want a really nice PC. Something I can have for a good 5+ years that i only have to upgrade certain things that i choose to. I barely play anything anymore on Console, so hopefully a PC will get me to enjoy games again. $2,000 is really more of the max i will spend on one. Doesn't mean I will put that much into it. Wanna build the best I can tho for that limit.

Chik'Tikka
Oct 2, 2012, 01:53 PM
i played PSU Demo on the 360 periodically before playing the full game, I'd PSO2 has it beat by miles content wise this far into the game+^_^+ graphics, combat are great, only gripe is main space port lobby has terrible lighting, needs to be moved to shop area with day/night cycle+^_^+
^ as for above post on GPUs, i plan on getting the cheapest overkill Nvidia GPU so i can has that there ambient occlusion+^_^+ also wanted to say only game i heard of n 360 running at 30 FPS is Gears of War 3, everything else such as Halo Reach, PSU, and all my CoDs run at 60 FPS+^_^+

Xenobia
Oct 2, 2012, 02:06 PM
I cant judge how much of eye candy ambient occlusion is able to deliver in term of PSO2, (will do research). In term of Skyrim there has been so many Radeon graphic mods that the Radeon graphics is totaly comparable (there is even some forced ambient occlusion). In term of PSO2 i cant judge at that moment but there is much better technologys out who isnt used by PSO2.

So im not sure about its benefit in this case but i hope i will find out.

EDIT:
Well, so far i was not able to see a good sample of PSO2 at ambient occlusion. Im not even sure what it means in 3D graphic terms (not to be mistaken with 2D ambient occlusion). So far what i can tell is that the 3D ambient occlusion is some sort of "cheap" shader rendering which is not active, its a passive condition. The advantage of ambient occlusion shader is that it will use much lesser hardware power. However, its in no way comparable to active shader rendering (such as HDR lightning). So, ambient conclusion is a inferior technology for weak systems and i could safely pass on that. However, its still better than nothing in some peoples eyes. The active shader rendering is dynamic and is not passive, so the direction of a object would create some sort of impact, such as "mirror effects".

As far as i know all Radeon cards 5000 and higher series, got native ambient occlusion support (its part of the DX11 technology) but prehaps the programers are lazy and are only supporting Nvidia, i totaly dunno... i lack infos. Although, PSO2 is not using any of the DX11 features, so the ambient occlusion seems to be a forced condition running on DX 9.0c

On Nvidia cards there is eventually the option to use forced SSAO (sceen space ambient occlusion), that could probably be forced. As far as the PSO2 settings is concerned, SSAO is part of the settings, so it seems to be implemented ingame (in that term even Radeon is able to make use of it). But i totaly dunno its potential.

As i told, the true graphic-power technologys are unfortunately not used in PSO2 such as HDR lightning and tesselation. Those stuff would surely create a huge impact, making the whole graphics more lively and closer to reality.

I will be investigating the whole matter.

Chik'Tikka
Oct 2, 2012, 02:38 PM
Ambient Occlusion thread; http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=196162 +^_^+

Xenobia
Oct 2, 2012, 02:57 PM
Aha, that one is forced. Well i almost had in mind "how it comes Radeon is not having it"? Reason: Its forced, and Catalyst isnt currently offer a forced SSOA.

EDIT:
As far as i can tell, the gain is very minor, but the impact on the performance can be huge. Dunno what to think, i need more comparisons. However, as long as the GPU isnt very powerful its bad deal for a very minor eye candy bonus. So i only recommend it for powerful GPUs who got to much of wasted power.

The stuff creating a "no" to me is this statement: some glitches and artifacts are to be expected. That would nullify its gain giving already 2 different drawbacks.
1. Performance drop
2. Possibly glitches/artifacts

Zyrusticae is always good for funny surprises, but i guess i would wait for a official implementation with better optimization, instead of forced stuff (which would hit Radeon too, so i can surely safely pass on getting Geforce for that single reason).

Chik'Tikka
Oct 2, 2012, 03:10 PM
well, i turned on with highest quality and wandered around shop area and was like "wow, shadows inside shadows...." but i was getting like 10FPS with current hardware so i had to turn it off+^_^+ i like it and wants it, so ima fork out the little extra for a 560ti or better+^_^+

Xenobia
Oct 2, 2012, 03:20 PM
Prehaps it can even be forced on a Radeon (using some tool), but anyway, im not so sure i would wish to use it, considering its drawbacks and the rather minor gain in most cases.

Chik'Tikka
Oct 2, 2012, 03:30 PM
i tried looking for a nvidia inspector like tool for Radeon and i couldn't find one at all, just an outdated tool that is of no use on PSO2, Radeon seems to have better hardware right now it seems, but Nvidia's got better tools and drivers+^_^+ maybe next year when i go to build my next machine maybe something will exist to change my mind, you know how tech is+^_^+

Xenobia
Oct 2, 2012, 07:52 PM
Well anyway, just to say, the 7000 series was always equal to the 600 series from Nvidia and the 7970 at 1 GHz (stock spec) is able to beat the 680 GTX in most cases (not in PSO2 but in most other games). The reason why the Radeon was weaker at the beginning is because of its inferior drivers. So im glad that the truth has been revealed and many driver issues are finally fixed. I totaly expected it because i was aware of the issue.

The forced ambient occlusion (which is not much more than a weak layer of additional shading) is not much of a deal, as far as i can tell (i have hard time even to see the difference, and there is drawbacks). So, i would not worry about it to much. People should simply get what they enjoy.