PDA

View Full Version : pso2 update or something

the_happypanda
Oct 2, 2012, 09:46 PM
what ever happened it took out my English patch like i expected and when i re-patched it my game just crashes. Did Sega find a way to stop people from using the English patch or is it because it is a outdated patch (if the game got updated).:-?

ShilohSham
Oct 2, 2012, 10:01 PM
sounds like you have an outdate vesion of the patch

Fox2Tails
Oct 2, 2012, 10:04 PM
Does it on mine too. Guess we'll have to wait for one of them to notice and make a new one

ThePendragon
Oct 2, 2012, 10:04 PM
Nope, mine is broke too.

Sanada Yukimura
Oct 2, 2012, 10:10 PM
Are you guys using the 9/18 patch?

blace
Oct 2, 2012, 10:14 PM
Are you aware that there is an update tonight?

If you want details on if you need to update the patch, or why it isn't working, should be asked over at that patches forum.

Asellus
Oct 2, 2012, 10:16 PM
what ever happened it took out my English patch like i expected and when i re-patched it my game just crashes. Did Sega find a way to stop people from using the English patch or is it because it is a outdated patch (if the game got updated).:-?

I manually re-patch the Japanese files -> get the update -> and then copy over the English patch.

Did your patch stop working after last week's maintenance?

Temprus
Oct 2, 2012, 10:36 PM
The last patch had to be re-patched after last week's update (more like update unlock really), but it still worked fine. Just as long as you aren't still using the August patch. That thing is out-of-date.

lunarsoul
Oct 2, 2012, 10:40 PM
You guys should just not touch any of the PSO2 files until maintenance is fully done and servers are back up, just so that stuff like this might not happen. I usually just wait til tomorrow, log in completely, log back out, then replace the files.

msxp123
Oct 2, 2012, 11:13 PM
a new patch is in the works, and should be out before the servers come back online.

"Because one of the updated text files happens to be the text file that the game loads at the very, very start.

PROTIP: Do not apply a patch or even attempt to run the game until maintenance is complete. It'll save a lot of potential headache."

Thats straight from the source.

D3MON
Oct 2, 2012, 11:15 PM
i usually dont patch until after everything boots fine in the 1st run. Just in case something may be corrupted from the update.

Temprus
Oct 2, 2012, 11:39 PM
i usually dont patch until after everything boots fine in the 1st run. Just in case something may be corrupted from the update.

Same. As long as I can see the game itself load, then I close it back down and apply the English Patch.

Fox2Tails
Oct 3, 2012, 12:08 AM
Patch is up, there's a file which keeps the Enemy/Boss names in Japanese, I assume for those that use those shout-outs

dablacksephiroth
Oct 3, 2012, 12:50 AM
If you haven't already, or if your only choice is to re-install and you are using Windows 7 or Higher, you still may try one more fix before going through the reinstallation process and that horrid patching.

If you open your installation directory (Default: C:/program files (or x86)/SEGA), you can highlight and Right-Click the PHANTASYSTARONLINE2 folder, go to Properties, and in the Properties window, click and open the "Previous Versions" tab at the top.

[spoiler-box]http://imageshack.us/a/img846/8247/savingpso.jpg[/spoiler-box]

You can select a Previously Saved temporary back-up folder of a desired date you prefer to use, then hit the "Restore" button at the bottom. It will restore all files inside the folder to the last update that particular choice saved.

You can then finally re-update the patch by starting the game if necessary, and/or then use the latest recommended patch from DAT SITE WIT DA STUF EN IT!