PDA

View Full Version : Technics list?

Syklo
Oct 5, 2012, 08:21 AM
Hello everyone! (Saying this because it's my first post :P)

Been a while since I touched the PS franchise so thanks to one of my friends, I got my hands on PSO2 and been enjoying it for hours over the days since.

Mainly being a hunter but became a force because I didn't want to make those really low-level repeatable orders seem worthless, and found it really fun too.
Now I'm on the hunt looking for technics, and I couldn't find a list of them over the internet, so I'm asking what technics are there outside of what I have right now:

Fire: Foie, Rafoie, Gifoie, Shifta
Ice: Barta, Gibarta, Rabarta, Deband
LIghtning: Zonde, Sazonde, Razonde, Gizonde
Wind: Zan, Gizan, Razan
Light: Resta, Anti, Grants, Gigrants
Dark: Megid

Also, with weapons attributed to an element, what exactly does the number next to it mean? Is it a % extra damage? or is it that amount of points of extra damage when attacking a monster weak to it?

Some MORE questions.....:
-When is gibarta better than rabarta, if at all?
-how many hits does Gigrants do???
-Any tips maintaining the Zan stream? So far my best effort was having 2 zan waves tail back and forth behind me.
-On the hunter side of things: How do you "shorten the attack range" of grapple charge???

(P.S. If you wanna friend me on the JP server, I'm on ship 8..., IGN: Syklo)
(P.P.S. Stumbled on a fairly old thread basically talking about "HOW DID PEOPLE GET MEGID!?" Somewhat irrelevant, but made me lol)

angrysquid
Oct 5, 2012, 08:26 AM
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0Akbdpi65EON1dGRTd2hqNXBQMW1Lak9SOFJKM1Utb UE&gid=11

Carillon
Oct 5, 2012, 08:59 AM
sazan, gimegid, ramegid, megiburst. (and 7 more gonna be added in the next maint)

gigrants does 1 hit when the blades appear, and then 1 hit for each blade when they spin.
so, total 2 for uncharged and 5 for charged.
additionaly, each hit does about 15% more damage when charged.

you can't shorten grapple charge, unfortunately.

Eman2417
Oct 5, 2012, 12:17 PM
Megiverse.

Hentai_Kittie
Oct 5, 2012, 01:37 PM

I find gibarta far more useful then rabarta. Rabarta hits everything around you, has a greater chance to freeze, but has a short range. Gibarta does more damage, has a surprisingly long range, but doesn't hit everything around you (has a cone shaped radius). Both hits 3 times at the same pace allowing you to "control" mobs better. Gibarta should be used more and should be used aggressively like your trying to corral the enemies in the same place / area (positioning helps). Rabarta is when you want to go in and just hit anything in your area (great for talis). Though, you'd find the difference between them more important the further you get into the game OR/and if you decide to play a techer.

-Any tips maintaining the Zan stream? So far my best effort was having 2 zan waves tail back and forth behind me.

Usually during boss battles it's easy to fill the entire sky with those and annoy all your team mates xp. But dodging them helps (mirage escape). jumping over them, throwing them in the sky, getting lucky, and constantly moving will help them last longer. But it's not guaranteed

Digital Satyr
Oct 5, 2012, 04:44 PM

I find talismans make it a lot easier to make and maintain multiple zans for ground targets. Just toss one level with the target right in their face as if you were standing in front of them. This lets you unload them all without having to worry about your position and potentially flinging some into the ground. After the initial shot out, they have a much shorter travel distance that times perfectly with spamming jumps. The key is to never stop jumping. Aerial targets are easy with any weapon. The main difference is making sure your character is at just the right height during jumps so that they don't drop too far down.

Also, a charged gigrants hits 6 times. Sometimes all the hits don't display damage, but you can also hear it hit all 6 times.

Syklo
Oct 5, 2012, 09:57 PM
sazan, gimegid, ramegid, megiburst. (and 7 more gonna be added in the next maint)

you can't shorten grapple charge, unfortunately.
Huh, yet the description says you could.......oh well.

I find gibarta far more useful then rabarta. Rabarta hits everything around you, has a greater chance to freeze, but has a short range. Gibarta does more damage, has a surprisingly long range, but doesn't hit everything around you (has a cone shaped radius). Both hits 3 times at the same pace allowing you to "control" mobs better. Gibarta should be used more and should be used aggressively like your trying to corral the enemies in the same place / area (positioning helps). Rabarta is when you want to go in and just hit anything in your area (great for talis). Though, you'd find the difference between them more important the further you get into the game OR/and if you decide to play a techer.

Odd, I see rabarta do more damage than my gibarta (and gibarta is a level higher), and rabarta does 4 hits. Hmm...

I find talismans make it a lot easier to make and maintain multiple zans for ground targets. Just toss one level with the target right in their face as if you were standing in front of them. This lets you unload them all without having to worry about your position and potentially flinging some into the ground. After the initial shot out, they have a much shorter travel distance that times perfectly with spamming jumps. The key is to never stop jumping. Aerial targets are easy with any weapon. The main difference is making sure your character is at just the right height during jumps so that they don't drop too far down.

Also, a charged gigrants hits 6 times. Sometimes all the hits don't display damage, but you can also hear it hit all 6 times.

It's hard for me to tell if im hearing 5 or 6 "clicks", that's why i asked, lol. And I love talismans :D (For now).

What I find really interesting about Gizan is that after about 4-5 hits of ~30's, the final one does something much higher (~200). Either that happened or my partners kept timing their hits right.
I wonder how that works...

Digital Satyr
Oct 5, 2012, 10:24 PM
The final tick of gizan does 3/5 of the total damage. There are little oddities about many spells, all adding to the mass amount of minutia you'd expect from a phantasy star game.

Carillon
Oct 6, 2012, 01:47 PM

sure, i'll just close my eyes and throw it out and listen.
chnk chnk chnk chnk.
wait, that's only 4...

*bonk*

you need to do more than just listen. you need to pay attention to where the hits are coming from, you need to comprehend how the spell works.

Once when the blades go out.
Once for each blade when they rotate.

it is, under normal circumstances, five hits.
if you fail to hit when the blades go out, you get only 4 hits.
in theory, you should be able to get 6~8 hits by getting more than one blade to connect when they go out. but we wouldn't exactly describe Zan as 9 or 12 hits, would we?

if you're hearing more hits, it's prolly because you're hitting more than one target- the hits occur when the blade actually connects, not just everything in the area.

Syklo
Oct 7, 2012, 12:39 AM
sure, i'll just close my eyes and throw it out and listen.
chnk chnk chnk chnk.
wait, that's only 4...

*bonk*

you need to do more than just listen. you need to pay attention to where the hits are coming from, you need to comprehend how the spell works.

Once when the blades go out.
Once for each blade when they rotate.

it is, under normal circumstances, five hits.
if you fail to hit when the blades go out, you get only 4 hits.
in theory, you should be able to get 6~8 hits by getting more than one blade to connect when they go out. but we wouldn't exactly describe Zan as 9 or 12 hits, would we?

if you're hearing more hits, it's prolly because you're hitting more than one target- the hits occur when the blade actually connects, not just everything in the area.
I'd like to mention that from what I saw*, there's an extra hit for when the blades are withdrawn. So 1 hit for when they appear, 1 each on rotation (4 in total), and 1 when they withdraw, so 1+4+1 = 6.

*- This was quite clearly observed when used on a single garongo; after the blades were withdrawn, there was another hit (with that "chnk" sound). As for sound patterns, it sounded like this (to me): chnk (delay) chnk-chnk-chnk-chnk (shorter delay) chnk.

Those are just observations though, and it doesn't really matter that much to me - knowing it does 5 or 6 hits already answers my other questions.