PDA

View Full Version : Lv11 Discs =/= next Tier animation change? (Technique-wise)

dablacksephiroth
Oct 5, 2012, 01:31 PM
Sup. Topic.

I might've been spoiled by PSU, PSP2 and PSZ and memory is fading in the PSO1 days.

When a Technique reaches Lv11, it would enter phase or tier 2 of it's animation and get newer, bulkier, better and more refined additional visuals to it.

I noticed in the trailer, they did not stress this was incoming at all. So now I'm in question with 2 things.

1.) In PSO1, it was Lv15 for Tier 2 wasn't it? Please say it was lower! lol

2.) Soooo, dooooo you think we're going to get these next tiers this patch and they just didn't bother to show them off in the trailer orrrrr....... ...what... what's going on here? Dataminers have gotta have somethin' for meh! ;D

Okay, 3 things..

3.) We're only going to have up to Lv11 for this Lv50 class cap, aren't we? Would be nice if we can get up to Lv15.. then at Lv60 cap get the 16-20's.

Massaki
Oct 5, 2012, 01:36 PM
Afaik, PSO1 never had PAs.

Techniques, however, did have slight differences in their animation/visual effects as the levels went up. And it was from 15 up, iirc.

BIG OLAF
Oct 5, 2012, 01:39 PM
I'm also curious as to whether or not the Lv. 11+ PAs will have cooler animation. PSU had it every 10 levels (1, 11, 21, 31, 41), so they'd probably stick with the most recent series' intervals, if any.

I'll be vastly disappointed if the animations aren't different.

Xaeris
Oct 5, 2012, 02:03 PM
I imagine that sort of thing would have been data mined by now, were it the case. Personally, I'm kinda hoping that there's just a drastic increase in power, but otherwise no difference. Ramegid is already borderline seizure inducing as it is.

Stormwalker
Oct 5, 2012, 02:28 PM
Is Ramegid the one that drops the rain of dark spheres?

As a Fighter, I hate that tech with a fiery passion. It *hurts my eyes* when someone drops that on a boss that I am engaged in melee with. Not to mention I can't see a blasted thing the boss is doing.

And yeah, I don't think I really want to see animation changes. The techs are fairly flashy as it is this time around. And some of them *really* don't need to be turned up any further.

Cry0
Oct 5, 2012, 02:29 PM
I'm pretty sure in pso it was also at 11 and 21 they changed.

I wonder how it will work for PA"s though...

IzzyData
Oct 5, 2012, 02:31 PM
I am going to be optimistic about this and believe it will get cooler looking with each tier. Despite charged techs already being incredibly flashy, I think you could do some things to the animation to make it look more powerful.

Like megid could obviously get faster, and rafoie could have that shockwave ring around it.

Xaeris
Oct 5, 2012, 02:49 PM

As a Fighter, I hate that tech with a fiery passion. It *hurts my eyes* when someone drops that on a boss that I am engaged in melee with. Not to mention I can't see a blasted thing the boss is doing.

And yeah, I don't think I really want to see animation changes. The techs are fairly flashy as it is this time around. And some of them *really* don't need to be turned up any further.

That's the one. Well, that's the one I had in mind. I'm pretty sure that's Ramegid, but I might be wrong. It's especially bad when there's more than one techer spamming it. In Floating Isles multiparties, I find myself having to shut my eyes for several seconds at a time it can get so bad.

Zorafim
Oct 5, 2012, 03:35 PM
I really don't know how much neater each spell can get. Aren't they pretty much better looking than PSU's 40+ spells?

BIG OLAF
Oct 5, 2012, 03:41 PM
I really don't know how much neater each spell can get. Aren't they pretty much better looking than PSU's 40+ spells?

Some of them, but on a general scale, no.

Zyrusticae
Oct 5, 2012, 03:51 PM
Level 11+ techs is the whole reason I rolled Force, dammit!

They better not short-change me here.

Dextro
Oct 5, 2012, 04:05 PM
The animations do change, look at the latest video (http://youtu.be/e482NaxVeaI) and at 1:30 you can see the next level of Barta.

BIG OLAF
Oct 5, 2012, 04:10 PM
The animations do change, look at the latest video (http://youtu.be/e482NaxVeaI) and at 1:30 you can see the next level of Barta.

I dunno, I'm pretty sure that's the same. I just tested my Barta on my Force character right after seeing it. Doesn't seem different.

Hentai_Kittie
Oct 5, 2012, 04:11 PM

They better not short-change me here.

This. The flashier the better! I couldn't live my life perfectly knowing that stormwalker wasn't completely blind. :(

dablacksephiroth
Oct 5, 2012, 04:19 PM

And yeah, I don't think I really want to see animation changes. The techs are fairly flashy as it is this time around. And some of them *really* don't need to be turned up any further.Yes, Ramegid is the technique you're asking about.

It is unfortunate that you wish ill on we who only have 1 form of coolness. It is also unfortunate for you, however, that these animations will come to pass and it is inevitable.

I really don't know how much neater each spell can get. Aren't they pretty much better looking than PSU's 40+ spells?There are quite a few missing elements if I were to base things on the past.
-Foie as it gets higher, gains multiple tiny fireballs that swarm it like a gravitational pull as it flies across a room.
-Gifoie's fireballs all gain sharp tail edges that shape them into comets and leave more fire trails as they swarm the area and spread out. (Also lasts longer and has a much wider radius)
-Rafoie as it gets higher morphs into a Nuke effect. A giant ring also swirls the center of the explosion.
-All the Barta techs gain thicker chunks of ice debris.
-All the Zonde techs enlarge and increase the amount of bolts it flashes on cast.
-Megid enlarges, leaves a small trail of dark smoke and has dark clouds surrounding the orb.
-I'm willing to bet Zan will gain sharp edges and look more like ninja stars.
-I'm willing to bet Sa and Razan look more like Category 5 Tornadoes.

That's the one. Well, that's the one I had in mind. I'm pretty sure that's Ramegid, but I might be wrong. It's especially bad when there's more than one techer spamming it. In Floating Isles multiparties, I find myself having to shut my eyes for several seconds at a time it can get so bad.Yes, Ramegid is the technique you're speaking of. It is unfortunate your organs have you experience that.

They better not short-change me here.Precisely. I didn't choose the Technique efficient classes because of damage alone. I know and trust SEGA in this particular category to do right by me and will later increase my spells/techniques to greater levels that my imagination agrees with. They are awfully good when it comes to defining their techniques' art concepts.

I'm hoping they steal a few ideas from Dragon Nest though and recreate it as their own when it comes to any of the Lightning based techs. haha!

Can't wait to see Gimegid at Lv30. It already resembles one of their spells. Not saying DN is the origin of the stuff, I'm pretty certain its common eastern influenced works from anime and whatnot.

Temprus
Oct 5, 2012, 04:19 PM
I'm fairly sure that in PSO the technics didn't actually change their look until 21+.

Zyrusticae
Oct 5, 2012, 04:23 PM
I just noticed that there's something different about Cruel Throw at 1:03 of that video... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e482NaxVeaI&feature=player_detailpage#t=61s)

Stormwalker
Oct 5, 2012, 04:23 PM
Honestly? I like flashy explosions. But I don't like eye-searing strobes. If Sega does away with all the eye-searing strobes, you can have all the flashy explosions you want!

But I have hit the point with Ramegid that I am going to start disengaging when people cast it on a target I'm in melee with. It literally is painful when it is taking up the entire screen. And unfortunately, in certain fights it's the most effective option, so it gets used a lot.

Temprus
Oct 5, 2012, 04:26 PM
Honestly? I like flashy explosions. But I don't like eye-searing strobes. If Sega does away with all the eye-searing strobes, you can have all the flashy explosions you want!

But I have hit the point with Ramegid that I am going to start disengaging when people cast it on a target I'm in melee with. It literally is painful when it is taking up the entire screen. And unfortunately, in certain fights it's the most effective option, so it gets used a lot.

Yeah, I've hated Ramegid from the first time I saw it.

Dextro
Oct 5, 2012, 04:28 PM
I'm gonna need a new PC if they enhance Ramegid anymore >_> it's already the black rain of framerate death.
I had 3 techers spamming it on Varder's core in the EQ once and it turned the entire fight into a slideshow.

dablacksephiroth
Oct 5, 2012, 04:29 PM

lol... am I getting my leg pulled? Fullscreen + HD'd the video, went to 1:30 in the vid to the Techer in Purple FOnewearl outfit and Ice Wand, that still looks like Barta Lv10 Charged, tier 1.

I'm even casting it myself, in the game to make sure.

gigawuts
Oct 5, 2012, 04:35 PM
Since I'm confused, and have seen it worded both ways...

Level 11, or 11 stars?

The difference is key there. Level 11 disks would just be a bit of a boost to existing stuff, but 11 star disks would be entirely new.

Temprus
Oct 5, 2012, 04:36 PM
yeah, it looks like that to me too dablacksephiroth (mind you, my barta is like level 5 or so ;p)

BIG OLAF
Oct 5, 2012, 04:53 PM

Level 11, or 11 stars?

The difference is key there. Level 11 disks would just be a bit of a boost to existing stuff, but 11 star disks would be entirely new.

Level 11+

gigawuts
Oct 5, 2012, 04:56 PM
Oh! I'm okay with this.

Also, I believe PSO1's visual changes were every five levels. Level 16 and 21 were the most dramatic changes, though, and were also the key levels where certain classes couldn't access them. Only HUnewearl and RAmarl (and the forces) had 16+, and only the forces had 21+, so it was to differentiate them in some part.

I wish it was every five levels here too, and not quite as dramatic as PSU. Ramegid is seriously awful, and there needs to be an epilepsy option to massively tone down rapid color changes in techs/PA's like that.

dablacksephiroth
Oct 5, 2012, 04:59 PM

Level 11, or 11 stars?

The difference is key there. Level 11 disks would just be a bit of a boost to existing stuff, but 11 star disks would be entirely new.Lv11 disc. Lv11 technique. (Ex. Foie - Level 11 / Barta - Level 21)

Never really concerned myself with Disc star-ratings until feeding them to Partner Machine showed a difference in PSUniverse.

But whoa... you just reminded me of another factor. Disc star-ratings do also increase and when they do, they usually do indicate the next tier. Be it Beginner Disc/skill/tech, Intermediate Disc/skill/tech or even Advanced Disc/skill/tech!

You've my gratitude for your input! :D

Macman
Oct 5, 2012, 07:02 PM
Ramegid makes my eyes bleed. I hope they don't make it even MORE ridiculous.

BIG OLAF
Oct 5, 2012, 07:15 PM
Pfft, I think Ramegid is epic. However, there are some times when I can't see through it, and an enemy ends up whacking my face. Never makes my eyes hurt, though.

jooozek
Oct 5, 2012, 07:46 PM
I just noticed that there's something different about Cruel Throw at 1:03 of that video... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e482NaxVeaI&feature=player_detailpage#t=61s)

Its funny that they show this, it happens when you try to throw an enemy that's not throw-able - you pick up this unexplainable ball of light which you throw.

Laxedrane
Oct 5, 2012, 09:09 PM
I was under the impression that the animation or at the very least the range(Where applicable) would change on teches every 5 levels. I know the animation changes at least twice. Gifioe comes streaking to mind.

It goes from a single ball of flame rotating outwards. Then 2. Then it would expand differently. Instead of a swirl it would expand in a perfect circle. The fire balls would look different and also sparked as they spun. There also may of been more then 2 at that point.(it made a solid circle I am not sure by addition particle effects or by additional balls.)

I think there was always a minor change then a major change every 5 levels. Or maybe I was just being overly critical back then or don't remember it right. But I can say with absolute certainty that animations did change at least twice.(11 then 21) In the original PSO.

Syklo
Oct 5, 2012, 10:12 PM
Its funny that they show this, it happens when you try to throw an enemy that's not throw-able - you pick up this unexplainable ball of light which you throw.

One theory - Used photons that aren't able to bind the enemy to the weapon will instead manifest as a light orb bound to the weapon, usable to pound anywhere and explode.

Pretty cool when you have about 5 people use bind through in midair in such cases...IT'S RAINING LIIIGHT~~