PDA

View Full Version : Appeal letter

Drekko
Oct 5, 2012, 04:29 PM
Hey, can anyone help me with appealing a ban?

Tried to log on today after 3 days of signing paper work for my new job and got the 816 error.

Really blows.

Anyways, any help would be appreciated.

jooozek
Oct 5, 2012, 05:05 PM
You didn't even say for what were you banned, how can supposedly anyone help you? And chances are, you deserved the ban :-?

DesignZ
Oct 5, 2012, 05:34 PM
You didn't even say for what were you banned, how can supposedly anyone help you? And chances are, you deserved the ban :-?

Yes, this. What did you do?

Drekko
Oct 5, 2012, 05:35 PM
I don't know, been offline for the last 3 days, dealing with paperwork for my new job which I stated.

I have no idea why I've been banned.

But I already figured out how to send a trouble ticket to them and used google translate to do a short message.

Hopefully, I get an answer , cause I got to say it's weird, considering I haven't been on for the last 3 days and I was able to log on fine on monday and all I did was check my in-game mail. Was trying to find out if my team had disbanded or not, cause I got removed from it all of a sudden when I logged the day before.

DesignZ
Oct 5, 2012, 05:37 PM
Then what did you do before those 3days?

Drekko
Oct 5, 2012, 05:42 PM
Check AH, did 2 team orders, that was friday of last week.

I logged on sunday to check AH prices and wasn't part of the team anymore, don't know why, sent a in-game mail to the team leader.

Logged on monday to check my in-game mail to see if I got a reply, nothing, logged off.

That was the last day before I went on hiatus cause of work.

Kondibon
Oct 5, 2012, 05:43 PM
While they don't actively inforce the whole "no non-japanese players" thing I really doubt you'll be able to appeal to a ban, since, even if you didn't do anything else, by the rules you weren't supposed to be on the game in the first place.

Unless of course you're in japan... But if that were the case I don't see why you'd be asking for help with this.

Drekko
Oct 5, 2012, 05:45 PM
While they don't actively inforce the whole "no non-japanese players" thing I really doubt you'll be able to appeal to a ban, since, even if you didn't do anything else, by the rules you weren't supposed to be on the game in the first place.

Unless of course you're in japan... But if that were the case I don't see why you'd be asking for help with this.

I'm guessing your not familar with US personel in Okinawa are you?? Not all of us can read kanji.........

Kondibon
Oct 5, 2012, 05:46 PM
I'm guessing your not familar with US personel in Okinawa are you??That is the craziest loop hole ever. Well if that's the case keep asking around. I can't actually help, sorry. :-?

Bael
Oct 5, 2012, 05:49 PM
oh, same thing happened to me!...kinda.
I left a team and got banned later.

I didn't appeal. instead I got an email 2 weeks late saying my 'suspension was over"

Drekko
Oct 5, 2012, 05:53 PM
Well whatever the case is, if by wedsnday the account is still banned, and haven't gotten a reply back.

I guess I'll be dropping this game, cause there's no way I'm starting from scratch again.

Drekko
Oct 5, 2012, 05:55 PM
oh, same thing happened to me!...kinda.
I left a team and got banned later.

I didn't appeal. instead I got an email 2 weeks late saying my 'suspension was over"

That would be really stupid if that's the case here, getting banned cause you left a team or got booted out of a team......

Bael
Oct 5, 2012, 05:57 PM
I started from scratch again. actually better the second time around, me thinks.

jooozek
Oct 5, 2012, 05:59 PM
So they are finally banning people who were rejoining teams to [well, you know, exploit]? Anyone else who did it got banned?

Dextro
Oct 5, 2012, 06:04 PM
That would be really stupid if that's the case here, getting banned cause you left a team or got booted out of a team......

New Team Campaign bro.
Join a team of 4 members or more by Oct17th and get a free prize.
Leave a team however and **** YOU!! NOT A TEAM PLAYER? 2-WEEK BAN!

On a serious note, it's probably to do with that team exploit thing.

Drekko
Oct 5, 2012, 06:28 PM
New Team Campaign bro.
Join a team of 4 members or more by Oct17th and get a free prize.
Leave a team however and **** YOU!! NOT A TEAM PLAYER? 2-WEEK BAN!

On a serious note, it's probably to do with that team exploit thing.

Wow, how many exploits does this game have? sigh, I miss the Sega of the Dreamcast era and before.

They knew how to make games....

MissMalice
Oct 5, 2012, 06:36 PM
A few months ago, I got mysteriously banned. A lot of people did. Some of us believed that a couple of hackers were moving afk people outside of the lobby window and then taking pictures of it to report the said players they moved. But no one really knows if that's what was really happening or not. I never got a reason for my ban or anything. A few days later, I got an email saying that my account had been permanently deactivated and could never be recovered.

Since then, the random bannings had pretty much came to a stop. Or at least no one here talked about it.

The most I could tell you to do is make a new temporary account and try asking a Japanese player that speaks both English and Japanese and ask them to write up an appeal for you. A lot of them are actually pretty nice. Just explain the situation to them, and tell them that you'd really appreciate the assistance.

Angelo
Oct 5, 2012, 06:43 PM
Wow, how many exploits does this game have? sigh, I miss the Sega of the Dreamcast era and before.

They knew how to make games....

You can't be serious... the original PSO was a cesspool of bugs and exploits.

FOnewearl-Lina
Oct 5, 2012, 07:47 PM
Karma caught up to you +^_^+

Drekko
Oct 7, 2012, 08:08 AM
I'm very happy atm.

Got my account back, my appeal went through.

MissMalice
Oct 7, 2012, 12:40 PM
Good to hear, buddy! Glad everything worked out. c:

Did you ever find out what got you banned in the first place?

Drekko
Oct 7, 2012, 01:18 PM
The e-mail didn't say, it just said trouble ticket resolved, account restored.

Limbo_lag
Oct 8, 2012, 06:57 AM
Out of curiosity, and to possibly benefit those who run into similar troubles, what did you type for your appeal message?

Drekko
Oct 17, 2012, 06:58 PM
Out of curiosity, and to possibly benefit those who run into similar troubles, what did you type for your appeal message?

Sorry it took a while to answer, been busy....

Filled out the trouble ticket form, included the error number, Account name, character, ship, included a screenshot of the error, and included a dxdiag text.

I typed into the comment section something like, "I am receiving a 816 error message, I don't know why" (all in kanji of course.)

that was it, I got an e-mail back with my trouble ticket number and then the next e-mail saying it was resolved.

The form is pretty straight forward, all you have to do is make sure you log into your Sega ID account through the PSO2 website.