PDA

View Full Version : Switching classes

Malendragem
Oct 5, 2012, 05:11 PM
newb question: I was reading a class guide and it says a single character can switch between classes at will, and each class has its own level. Does this mean my character can be a level 40 ranger, hunter and force (as well as unlockable classes)? And if so, what's the catch?

LEARZTIM
Oct 5, 2012, 05:20 PM
yes you can be lv 40 of all of those. as for the catch, lol idk, diversity?

gigawuts
Oct 5, 2012, 05:20 PM
The catch is all new characters on each account cost real money.

blace
Oct 5, 2012, 05:23 PM
For now, when you switch classes you restart at level 1 for that type as well as being limited to PA's/techs for the type. Hunter and Gunner are restricted to PA's for their respective weapons and cannot use techs. As a Force, you're limited to techs and gunslash PA's. Gunslash and thei PA's are usable by all classes, so that is something you could carry on you.

There are also a few universal weapons usable by all types, but to use their PA's you'll need to switch to that weapons main class. For example, as a Ranger or Force you can use a Space Tuna, a sword, and link sword PA's to it. The downside to tunless unless you're a Hunter you can't utilize the skills or PA's associated with the weapon and the Hunter class.

When the subclass system is released, you are able to combine skills, techs and PA's of the subclass. Say you're using Hunter and subclass is Force, you'll be able to use techs like Resta, but remember this part is only for the subclass update.

Ana-Chan
Oct 5, 2012, 05:24 PM
The catch is that the abilities and skills of one class don't transfer. So if your currently selected main class is a hunter, you can't cast techniques or use guns. You don't have access to anything on any of the other skill trees at all, they are distinct.

There is a system that is going to be introduced next week called the subclass system where you can subclass a single class. You inherit the skills and 20% of the base stats for the class that you are subclassing.

Flame
Oct 5, 2012, 05:31 PM
the catch is that all the classes feel a bit similar after a while and that players no longer identify with a single class like they used to. Now everyone does everything.

Malendragem
Oct 5, 2012, 05:32 PM
I love this game a little more every day :D