PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 Here's an idea.

Sanada Yukimura
Oct 6, 2012, 03:38 AM
I never really thought about this until recently. This game could have Raids. If you have ever played WoW or any MMO that has this feature than you know what Raiding is. If you haven't than is guess the best way to some it up is that players form a big party and Fight off Adds/Mobs to get to the end and fight and kill the boss. The adds are much much harder. They have increased Health as well as Attack damage. I think something like this in PSO2 could be alot of fun.

Here's how I think this could work.

1. Lets say the Raids would take place over a course of two days during the week, like Tuesdays-Wensdays, meanin it would be over on thursday.
2. The way the Raid is put together is There is a signal broadcast like when there is an Emergency Quest coming out. Once the raid has gone live Players would accept the mission and head into the Campship. From there Players would drop down into the portal thingy and would end up in an area with your 4 person team, only it would be just your team it would be others there making up 12/12 Multi Person Area. There would be a countdown as to when the Mission would begin. Once the countdown is over Players would be transported to an area where they would fight off Adds/Mobs so the can continue to areas 2-3.
3. I also think there should be certain objects that must be done. For example, In the Floating continent there are these pillers that need to be hit with a lighting spell. I myself have no clue what they do, But maybe in something like this they could trigger something making it easier to complete the raid or harder. There should also be things for a Gunner/Ranger to shoot as well as things for a Hunter/Fighter to break.
4. I also think that if every objective is done properly you should get a bonus room. Now an idea for a bonus room when you enter it you would be there with the rest of the 12 person about to enter the bonus room via portal. One person from each team must be in the portal that way no one is left out or feel rushed. The reason i say this is because one idea for the bonus room I have is Meseta Fever. The way this works is player are transported to the room and Meseta starts spewing of out god knows where. The timers would be just like the PSE Burst countdown. There are buttons that pop-up and when the announcer guy says blue for example people would run to the blue button to have time added. Another idea would be that monsters spawn but they are all one hit and give out crazy experience.
5. now for the boss room players of course are another portal room. In this portal room it has an a shop to buy/sell items if needed. once again players from each team must gather in the portal so no one feels rushed once players are piled in they are transported to the area to start whooping that ass. Now I figured there would be certain buttons that would need to be hit in order to get the boss out of hiding once that happens its good old boss killing. Just remember this is a raid so on top of having extra health it has more strength. once its dead, I believe more loot should drop maybe even some rares because well hey... who doesnt like rares.

Tell me what you think.

Personally I think this would be alot of fun. I think alot of people would enjoy this. But i mean hey if you rather stick to just the way it is too thats fine. once again its just an idea.

Rien
Oct 6, 2012, 03:46 AM
The idea of raids is taking a large quest (in PSO2 terms) with a mass of players.

All you have to do is just make a multiparty quest that holds 12-20 people and then make the end a big boss but multiparty area instead of single party (like the Varder emergeny)

No need for big complications.

eharima
Oct 6, 2012, 03:52 AM
I welcome anything that makes a 12p party more structured and stay together when playing with randoms ><

Sanada Yukimura
Oct 6, 2012, 03:57 AM
The idea of raids is taking a large quest (in PSO2 terms) with a mass of players.

All you have to do is just make a multiparty quest that holds 12-20 people and then make the end a big boss but multiparty area instead of single party (like the Varder emergeny)

No need for big complications.
I don't think this would be complicated but I could be wrong. If this were to happen it would take a few tries but once people get the hang of it, it could be pretty fun.

dablacksephiroth
Oct 6, 2012, 06:33 AM
No doubt there will be more 12-player boss emergencies with more 1-shot AoE's in the upcoming future.

\o/

EvilMag
Oct 6, 2012, 06:34 AM
I suggested a while back that there should be an EQ where its a MP vs all the bosses at once.

Sounds terrible but I'd like to see it someday. :>