PDA

View Full Version : How to bypass the censor (Not modifying the game)

Lostbob117
Oct 6, 2012, 04:23 AM
Okay so this is how you bypass the censor on pso2.

First when typing a censored word like "fuck" make it like this "f{def}uck" it should turn to be "fuck" instead of "@#!&".

Enjoy.

Please do not spam in lobby though.

I had a friend tell me this though I kinda, forgot which one it was.

I still haven't tested "{def}Fuck" to see if that works, someone should test it for me.

Sparzyle
Oct 6, 2012, 04:37 AM
Does this works with any censured word? I really don't know why "con" is a bad word...("con" means "with" in spanish, frequently used word)

EDIT: Wow this really works but the {def} must be in the middle of the word. ({def}Fuck does not work, tested in team chat)

XionAsuka
Oct 6, 2012, 04:38 AM
Words like pork and bite are censored too, hilariously.

And SD for some reason.

Retehi
Oct 6, 2012, 04:47 AM
COME TO MY BASEMENT FOR SOME SHOES

gigawuts
Oct 6, 2012, 04:51 AM
wtb: frozen s******

Shirai
Oct 6, 2012, 05:00 AM
Bad idea.

Resanoca
Oct 6, 2012, 05:03 AM
Are you an idiot? Why in the hell would you tell people how to do this? Great. Just great. Now everyone's going to do it. IN PUBLIC.

Welp, here comes the reports off "THIS DIRTY FOREIGNER JUST USED DIRTY LANGUAGE AND BYPASSED THE CENSOR!" and give them another reason to add onto us.

And by the way, telling people not to do in public won't stop them from doing it. lol Thanks.

Z-0
Oct 6, 2012, 05:35 AM
Con means cunt in French and bite means dick in French.

SD, I'm not sure, but I believe pork is an innuendo for an obvious sexual reference or something.

XionAsuka
Oct 6, 2012, 05:38 AM
Well, I guess that had to make it in somewhere. Still, interesting to know, thank you. o=

Gama
Oct 6, 2012, 05:47 AM
well since matar is censored and it means kill i usualy use it like this

ma{blk}tar

Zinaida
Oct 6, 2012, 05:57 AM
Are you an idiot? Why in the hell would you tell people how to do this? Great. Just great. Now everyone's going to do it. IN PUBLIC.

Welp, here comes the reports off "THIS DIRTY FOREIGNER JUST USED DIRTY LANGUAGE AND BYPASSED THE CENSOR!" and give them another reason to add onto us.

And by the way, telling people not to do in public won't stop them from doing it. lol Thanks.

People are still exaggerating almost non-existent tensions between the Japanese and foreign communities? Thought we were over this. The only thing anyone cares about is whether or not people are hacking. Anything else is just a vocal minority, about as same as the minority who believes the Japanese want to gnaw all our faces off for a few people doing something either vulgar or rude. Not to mention the minority of the PSO2 English community is from PSOW anyway.

Let's also not forget that a good list of the censored words either do not mean the same thing in English or just have no alternate meaning entirely and are just out of place.

gigawuts
Oct 6, 2012, 06:05 AM
The kind of people that want to get around censors to mess with people already know about this trick from most forums, just use [ u][ /u] instead, without the spaces. Leaving extra letters in also works if you don't care about that.

I think it looks silly to spend extra effort to get around a censor. If I say "go $#%@ yourself" it's pretty clear what I'm saying, nobody needs me to spell out fuck.

moorebounce
Oct 6, 2012, 07:08 AM
Is it just me or Japanese players don't swear? Or could it mean they don't have a swear filter. I haven't seen any japanese having "@%#$" in any of their messages. Or it could be I don't play with them enough to see it.

I think the swear filter is funnier than the real swear words.

It's also funny that the swear filter has localization when it's only supposed to be a Japanese version of the game.

Sephirah
Oct 6, 2012, 07:32 AM
Seems like infinity more effort than just putting a space or a . in the middle of whatever word you wanna say.

Lostbob117
Oct 6, 2012, 07:37 AM

You're freaking out about nothing.

Neith
Oct 6, 2012, 07:44 AM
Is Marica still censored? Was funny on PSO when it was the name of a Mag but you couldn't even say it.

At least you can say 'shoes', 'basement' and 'Saturday' without bypassing now :lol:

Powder Keg
Oct 6, 2012, 07:50 AM
Saturday.

Edit: Just saw Neith's post above. HA! About time they fixed that.

Gama
Oct 6, 2012, 09:40 AM
Is it just me or Japanese players don't swear? Or could it mean they don't have a swear filter. I haven't seen any japanese having "@%#$" in any of their messages. Or it could be I don't play with them enough to see it.

I think the swear filter is funnier than the real swear words.

It's also funny that the swear filter has localization when it's only supposed to be a Japanese version of the game.

actually they do, i searched for some curse workds in japanese, and they were censored by the game.

Fox2Tails
Oct 6, 2012, 10:17 AM
You're freaking out about nothing.

From what I've seen, he does it all the time

Edit: Seriously though, just use a . in the middle of the word, it's FAR more easier

Iduno
Oct 6, 2012, 10:33 AM
Wait you need to try to get round the censor?

Done it by accident a few times when I thought "Sod astrixes the game will blank this out" and it turns out that whilst to fuck is prohibited fucking is a ok.

BIG OLAF
Oct 6, 2012, 10:39 AM
I always just put an extra letter in the word (i.e, "shitt", "fuckk", etc.). Looks a lot nicer than having a random period in the middle of the letters.

Kion
Oct 6, 2012, 10:44 AM
You can also edit the user.pso and turn the censor off:

Basic = {
PaletteChange = 1,
MoviePlay = false,
MovieVolume = 70,
Lockon = 0,
RadarMapDirection = 0,
SmutFilter = true,
},

That way you and other people who have it off can go wild with your sailor mouths with out going out of your way to bother other people.

Lostbob117
Oct 6, 2012, 11:00 AM

That way you and other people who have it off can go wild with your sailor mouths with out going out of your way to bother other people.

I tired that way before didn't work for me.

Kion
Oct 6, 2012, 11:52 AM
setting it to false gives me no problems, but i generally keep it on as i don't use too many of the words in the censor anyways.

Griffin
Oct 6, 2012, 01:00 PM
The extra mile people go just to say fuck.

DS23
Oct 6, 2012, 01:09 PM
How to bypass the censor's been known for a while. You just change the name of one of the files and voila!

[Ayumi]
Oct 6, 2012, 01:33 PM
That sounds like too much work...
I rather just type "fuckk" of I want to type it.
Even though I usually write it with ing or er in the end.

Griffin
Oct 6, 2012, 01:40 PM
Then again, spelling Nazis seek perfection.

There were some Autowords I wanted to use that had "crack" in it. It's also funny how blow is censored but not suck. My favorite "shet" was censored post-launch. That's amazing how they caught that one. Stupid things like "fart" are cesnored as well. Can't remember if wetback was blocked...

Xenobia
Oct 6, 2012, 03:41 PM
:D Funny to see that the censor is still here. So SEGA is indeed responsible for, not anyone else other than SEGA themself.

[Ayumi]
Oct 6, 2012, 05:34 PM
I do have another way that could be a nice way to bypass it with the help of Sega.

Give me back the Chat Filter On/Off choice that I had in Closed Beta!

Xenobia
Oct 6, 2012, 06:00 PM
:D I dont think they would give it back because the filter actually only hits "non japanese language" and they wanted to fight the evil "foreigner spamers" it seems.

Chik'Tikka
Oct 6, 2012, 08:29 PM
Really?? now the "head-in-gutter" syndrome is gonna spread like wildfire..... +^_^+

IzzyData
Oct 6, 2012, 09:49 PM
A really annoying thing about the censor is that so many things are censored for no reason that you don't even know what they are. How am I supposed to put a {def} in the word if I didn't even know it would be censored?

[Ayumi]
Oct 6, 2012, 09:57 PM
A really annoying thing about the censor is that so many things are censored for no reason that you don't even know what they are. How am I supposed to put a {def} in the word if I didn't even know it would be censored?

They are?
The only things I've noticed that were censored are "profanity".
The only other word would be the word pissed
"This game is pissing me off"
"I'm getting pissed off"
And so on.

IzzyData
Oct 6, 2012, 10:38 PM
About 1/5th of the sentences I write has a censored word. I don't understand how you could not notice it.

BIG OLAF
Oct 6, 2012, 10:40 PM
About 1/5th of every sentence I write has a censored word. I don't understand how you could not notice it.

You must have quite the potty-mouth, then. Only words I ever see it censor are "curse" words....

...though sometimes it throws the curveball in there with censoring things like "underage", "poof", etc.

Chik'Tikka
Oct 6, 2012, 10:43 PM
About 1/5th of the sentences I write has a censored word. I don't understand how you could not notice it.

*one who has been afflicted with stage 4 Gutter-Head syndrome* you have my prayers+^_^+

Inazuma
Oct 8, 2012, 03:03 PM
Fuck censorship.

Words themselves aren't bad. They are merely tools used to convey a message. Like real tools such as knives, they can be used for good or for evil. You can say good or bad things regardless of using "bad" words or not.

Also, you don't have a right to not be offended. Stop trying to get everything banned because you don't like it.

BahnKnakyu
Oct 9, 2012, 01:56 AM
*one who has been afflicted with stage 4 Gutter-Head syndrome* you have my prayers+^_^+

You are foolish to think people will need to use this just to be a "gutter head".

He's pointing out that words that you don't even KNOW are censored are being censored. Pork and bite - who the hell uses the "gutter word" definition of those things in every day chat?

What's wrong with the censor is that it's censoring things that aren't even in our own native language. What is not fine in one language is fine in another, and the censor is too stupid to differentiate between them and puts a blanket filter.

It's a damn game where girls have boobs hanging out of their tops and butts exposed and we're shoving swords into the gullets of wildlife - the mandatory word censor is absolutely stupid when the target audience for this game are adult males ages 18-35. It should be optional to have the censor on or off because we are all mature enough to handle it, and if you're not, you should stay out of this thread.

Tical360
Oct 10, 2012, 01:31 AM
Best filter bypass is....

Don't cuss.

Eternal255
Oct 10, 2012, 02:26 PM
Fuckers and fucking have never been censored.

I must try this out. Its annoying when the game censors words like "Toss" and such [toss me an invite, for example]

and i hate having to guess what people are saying.

Best filter bypass is....

Don't cuss.

do people seriously not get that some words are censored that shouldnt be, and some that should be, arnt? ffs

donnaafifi
Feb 3, 2014, 06:23 PM
I've been able to bypass censorship and access blocked websites using this VPN https://www.iwasel.com/en/ It's a great solution.