PDA

View Full Version : Matter Board, Whats the point?

Not Crazed
Oct 7, 2012, 07:17 AM
I havent done much of the matter board, but it doesnt seem to do anything, or give rewards or anything, its just talking to people and finding stuff.

What do you guys think?

Crazed

Dammy
Oct 7, 2012, 07:21 AM
latter matterboard have good rewards
double saber from quartz for example

Ezodagrom
Oct 7, 2012, 07:41 AM
The main purpose of the Matterboards is to unlock story chapters, as the player completes golden orbs from the matterboards, either new chapters are unlocked, or a new path is unlocked to an already unlocked chapter (in the quest counter, the icon of the story quest will be half orange and half gray if you have a new path unlocked that you haven't done yet).

Dammy
Oct 7, 2012, 07:42 AM
yes, city mission for example

Slidikins
Oct 7, 2012, 07:42 AM
I've been selling the matter board rewards for 50k+ a pop after Matter Board 4 or so. For those who like the story of role-playing games it's also pretty important to complete, else you'll never find out what's going on otherwise.

Aegea
Oct 7, 2012, 09:54 AM
Matterboard rewards tend to have abilities that would cost you an arm and a leg if you tried to affix it yourself. Example, a weapon in MB6 has arm III, power III, and poison III.

moorebounce
Oct 7, 2012, 10:04 AM
It's mainly for the story. So if you don't want the weapons you get from doing it or care about the story don't do it.

Cyron Tanryoku
Oct 7, 2012, 11:24 AM
You get to fight a masked man, that's a good enough reason

Yden
Oct 7, 2012, 01:24 PM
There's also the new NPCs you can unlock to use with them.

DS23
Oct 7, 2012, 01:31 PM
The stuff I'm getting in the MB right now is kind of meh but I have a maxed class and I'm only on board 4 at the moment. Could use some better gear so I guess I'll keep at it. Story is nice to see too but would be better if I actually understood it. The patcher folks noted that it'll probably never be translated since voices are in the same file as the text and thus it'd be a 1gb+ size download. Give a reason to at least try the western release next year I suppose.

darkante
Oct 7, 2012, 02:40 PM
Itīs fun to have something to do other then pure farming even if you donīt understand. Not too bad weapon drops either.

dablacksephiroth
Oct 7, 2012, 05:24 PM
Exclusive quests from NPC's that have a prerequisite of certain Matters be completed also become unlocked.

Skye-Fox713
Oct 7, 2012, 06:53 PM
I kind of want to wait for the US/EU release of PSO2 to get on the matter board, but that's really not much an excuse as to not play it because there is the translation thread for all the story dialog.

ShinMaruku
Oct 7, 2012, 07:59 PM

I don't wanna fight batman. :E

Macman
Oct 8, 2012, 03:30 AM
I have Mother 3 for that.

Renvalt
Oct 8, 2012, 03:42 AM
So I noticed you can get the first Matter Board mission (AKA where you save Matoi) before you hit the Caves, but then you can't exactly go any farther than that until you have been in the Desert for a while. Can anyone tell me exactly where you'd have to be (area-wise) and what level you'd have to be (minimum) to do each story mission on the different Matter Board pages?

Maronji
Oct 8, 2012, 03:52 AM
So I noticed you can get the first Matter Board mission (AKA where you save Matoi) before you hit the Caves, but then you can't exactly go any farther than that until you have been in the Desert for a while. Can anyone tell me exactly where you'd have to be (area-wise) and what level you'd have to be (minimum) to do each story mission on the different Matter Board pages?

MB1: Any
MB2: Lv15 (if you're lucky; Lv20 otherwise)
MB3: Lv20 (used to be Lv30 before Normal Tundra)
MB4: Lv20 (if you can get by in the mines without having to kill Signo Guns; Lv25 otherwise)
MB5: Lv25
MB6: Lv30
MB7: Lv30

That's a very tentative list without me having been in game all night.

Renvalt
Oct 8, 2012, 03:57 AM
MB1: Any
MB2: Lv15 (if you're lucky; Lv20 otherwise)
MB3: Lv20 (used to be Lv30 before Normal Tundra)
MB4: Lv20 (if you can get by in the mines without having to kill Signo Guns; Lv25 otherwise)
MB5: Lv25
MB6: Lv30
MB7: Lv30

That's a very tentative list without me having been in game all night.

Thanks for the list. I really only needed the soonest possible level - though I noticed you left out the area. I'm not familiar with the recommended level ranges that this community suggests for certain areas. I know once you hit Level 10 you go to the Caves, but past that I'm not certain, since the farthest I've been is Normal Desert (and I'm not sure whether I was underleveled for that or what - I was at the 3rd area of Desert at Level 18 I believe).

Maronji
Oct 8, 2012, 04:13 AM
Thanks for the list. I really only needed the soonest possible level - though I noticed you left out the area. I'm not familiar with the recommended level ranges that this community suggests for certain areas. I know once you hit Level 10 you go to the Caves, but past that I'm not certain, since the farthest I've been is Normal Desert (and I'm not sure whether I was underleveled for that or what - I was at the 3rd area of Desert at Level 18 I believe).

Well, as far as accessible areas go per level (Hard mode requires a Koffie CO):

Forest: Normal 1-3 (Any); Normal 4 and Free (Lv5); Hard 1-4 (Lv20)
Caves: Normal 1-3 and Free (Lv10); Hard 1 (Lv20); Hard 2, 3, and Free (Lv25)
Desert: Normal 1-3 and Free (Lv15); Hard 1-3 and Free (Lv25)
Tundra: Normal 1-3 and Free (Lv20); Hard 1-3 (Lv30); Free (Lv33)
Mines: Normal 1-3 and Free (Lv20); Hard 1-3 and Free (Lv33?)
F. Continent: Normal 1-3 and Free (Lv25); Hard 1-3 and Free (Lv35?)

Again, this is a tentative list based off the top of my head, so I might not be 100% right on this, but it should be pretty close. As for the areas dealt with in the matter boards (Event Tablet locations used by the boards vary but can be run on any difficulty; Darker-related matters can be done anywhere they spawn):

Matter Board 1: Forest
Matter Board 2: Normal Caves and Desert; Hard Forest (only exception is the Rockbear node, which can be done on Normal), Caves, and Desert
Matter Board 3: Normal or Hard Tundra
Matter Board 4: Hard Desert (required for Signo Guns) or Normal/Hard Mines
Matter Board 5: Hard Caves
Matter Board 6: Hard Mines and Floating Continent
Matter Board 7: Same as Matter Board 6

I'm busy with other things at the moment (hence why I can't start up the game to verify), but I hope that's as accurate as possible.

Natsuma
Oct 8, 2012, 04:24 AM
latter matterboard have good rewards

Is this true? Sorry but it's hard to believe you can get the best Double Saber atm just by doing a simple matter board quest...

Maronji
Oct 8, 2012, 04:28 AM
Is this true? Sorry but it's hard to believe you can get the best Double Saber atm just by doing a simple matter board quest...

Alva Double Gladius with Power IV sound enticing? Have fun getting Hard Mode Quartz to drop it.

I had a hard time trying to get the drop from Vardha on the same matter board when the emergency quest came up. Still don't have it.

I still don't even have the Alva Cane from Hard Vol. Anyone know if Hi Loga counts, though (I assume it does since it counted for the Fighter CO)?

Natsuma
Oct 8, 2012, 08:31 AM
Alva Double Gladius with Power IV sound enticing? Have fun getting Hard Mode Quartz to drop it.

I had a hard time trying to get the drop from Vardha on the same matter board when the emergency quest came up. Still don't have it.

I still don't even have the Alva Cane from Hard Vol. Anyone know if Hi Loga counts, though (I assume it does since it counted for the Fighter CO)?

Ok for the 4* and 5* weapons, but what about the rares as Dammy said? If it happens to be true that Quartz Calibur can be acquired as a Matter Board reward as he mentioned, I'm going to start the Matter Board right away.

Dammy
Oct 8, 2012, 09:15 AM
i didnt said its rare one
its 5* , and its pretty good

Natsuma
Oct 8, 2012, 11:16 AM
i didnt said its rare one
its 5* , and its pretty good

Seems like there was a misunderstanding from me when I read you:

I thought you were talking about Quartz Calibur.