PDA

View Full Version : eng pso2 page... ==

KusaTheFonewearl
Oct 9, 2012, 05:41 PM
Yeah.... apparently Segac launched the English PSO2 website awhile ago....
Idk when this was but I'm not the only one here who isn't taking this seriously right?
Some of my friends were all hyped up because of it. I am really not looking forward to another Phantasy Star disaster in the west... Is it wierd that I'm not excited about this like "everyone else" is?
... eh... Idk... I'm just not able to look at it the same as english releases of past games... So uh... what I'm getting at is uh... What's other ppl's opinion about the way things are going?

Lumpen Thingy
Oct 9, 2012, 06:59 PM
I'm staying on the JP version forever. After the way the english version of PSU was treated I'm surprised I'm even playing PSO2

Angelo
Oct 9, 2012, 07:20 PM
Is it wierd that I'm not excited about this like "everyone else" is??

No, you pretty much are the "Everyone else" around here.

The 'derp JP ONLY! eat it SEGAC!' crowd is dime-a-dozen here.

Inazuma
Oct 9, 2012, 07:25 PM
If you know your PSO history and/or if you are serious about PSO2, you will play the Japanese version.

If you are new to the series and don't know anything, you will play the English version expecting good things but will later be disappointed.

Lumpen Thingy
Oct 9, 2012, 07:27 PM
If you know your PSO history and/or if you are serious about PSO2, you will play the Japanese version.

If you are new to the series and don't know anything, you will play the English version expecting good things but will later be disappointed.

this right here times a billion

NoiseHERO
Oct 9, 2012, 07:54 PM
If you're cool like me and you actually have friends, you'll play both versions for both crowds and be indifferent towards such things...

Instead of acting all bitter about a version you don't have to play or acting like SEGA killed your dog. : D

dablacksephiroth
Oct 9, 2012, 08:26 PM
If you're cool like me and you actually have friends, you'll play both versions for both crowds and be indifferent towards such things...

Instead of acting all bitter about a version you don't have to play or acting like SEGA killed your dog. : D

It's always nice when someone speaks for me.

Kous
Oct 9, 2012, 08:47 PM
Did you know your about to start WWIII Right because On this site there is alot of Japanese server lovers and anybody that dares to speak against them its " off with there heads".

But its no problem for your because your a PSU NA server hater also so ok.

I mean can't We just give Sega a chance a forget about the past >.> ( R.I.P Kous)

And I can't count how many wars have started on this forums about the NA/EU V.S Japanese PSO2 Server

Enforcer MKV
Oct 9, 2012, 08:57 PM
Did you know your about to start WWIII Right because On this site there is alot of Japanese server lovers and anybody that dares to speak against them its " off with there heads".

But its no problem for your because your a PSU NA server hater also so ok.

I mean can't We just give Sega a chance a forget about the past >.> ( R.I.P Kous)

And I can't count how many wars have started on this forums about the NA/EU V.S Japanese PSO2 Server

This is pretty much what I'm doing.

and before the "Oh, but in the past Sega did this, that, and the other." Starts; don't bother. That was then, this is now. It's fully possible that they mess this up and it turns into another debacle like PSU did. It's also possible that Sega has started to learn and turns things around, even if they stumble along the way. If they fail, I'll be disappointed, and continue playing on the JP servers as long as I'm able. If they succeed? I'll play both. We won't know until several months pass after release.

But I'll be damned if I don't at least give them another chance. [/sermon]

EDIT: 2,200 posts! Woo! o/

Xaeris
Oct 9, 2012, 09:04 PM

On the other hand, if you have a job and other hobbies aside from gaming, you won't have enough free time that splitting it between two versions of the same game is practical.

sexyslut
Oct 9, 2012, 09:05 PM
I too will be staying in JP version.

:/ Not interested in playing with american ppl LOL

Bael
Oct 9, 2012, 09:06 PM
jeez, I don't care either way. If people I like stay there (onJPservers) I'lll stay there, but I don't have anyone like that yet. So, i'm planning on just moving to NA and playing casual. It's not a big deal for me either way. Don't really care about the game, care about the people.

they are the ones that make a MMO game fun.

blace
Oct 9, 2012, 09:07 PM
On the other hand, if you have a job and other hobbies aside from gaming, you won't have enough free time that splitting it between two versions of the same game is practical.

Hasn't stopped me from playing different version of a game. There was a game where I had played the US version, Hong Kong version and Korean version of the same game. Although impractical, there are quite a few that do this as each version shares its charms the other(s) may lack.

I also noticed that some are staying with the Japanese version, and that is quite fine. However, there is still that part of the TOS that says playing the game outside Japan is not permitted. Now hypothetically speaking, they enforce those terms and terminate accounts created outside of Japans range of IP's. Will you give up the game entirely or start anew? I have not heard much about any incidents that are forcing their hand, but think it through, will you support the series as a whole or just a branch?

May0
Oct 9, 2012, 09:11 PM
Oh boy negative speculation galore! While I wholeheartedly support consumers making intelligent choices where they spend their dosh I don't like the preemptive curtain call on the english version. Assuming the english version is going to be as terrible as everyone claims I sometimes wonder if migrating to the JP server will really remedy the situation. Perhaps as a community is it too much to ask to maybe reach out to Sega and confront them about their shortcomings? Conversely, it is easier just to play the JP version I suppose...my concern is the generation of gamers after us may lose the Phantasy Star series entirely if its determined there's no desire for it from the English audience. This will turn Phantasy Star into a Monster Hunter or worse a true JP only property.

I guess it wouldn't be that terrible...In all honesty PSO is a classic gem I enjoy but its by no means my favorite- as an artist though I can recognize and appreciate the style Phantasy Star presents as truly unique and as a gamer I can see the gameplay is unique and engaging in its own right. So I would be somewhat irked to say the least to see this gem drift into moon rune obscurity. The diehard weaboo crowd will find it I'm sure but the more casual english audience will -for all intents and purposes- not even realize it exists. Forget the obscurity it enjoys already, god knows Phantasy Star is negligible at best in regards to it being a popular property right now. It pretty much doesn't exist already considering the niché crowd its targeted at already.

Finger pointing aside Sega will have to meet us somewhere in the middle. If the community is vocal and forward hopefully Sega will reciprocate by providing a worthwhile service.

more on topic- the website - http://www.pso2.com/us/ isn't really that wowing. Granted most folks here are in the know in regard to PSO2 so the info they display isn't going to catch anyone's attention here. Its nice to see there's a site though I guess. :-?

Xaeris
Oct 9, 2012, 09:12 PM
Hey, if you admit it's impractical, more power to you.

Maronji
Oct 9, 2012, 09:26 PM

and before the "Oh, but in the past Sega did this, that, and the other." Starts; don't bother. That was then, this is now. It's fully possible that they mess this up and it turns into another debacle like PSU did. It's also possible that Sega has started to learn and turns things around, even if they stumble along the way. If they fail, I'll be disappointed, and continue playing on the JP servers as long as I'm able. If they succeed? I'll play both. We won't know until several months pass after release.

/thread + /agreed

Someone give this man/CAST an internet. I would, but I'm still in the process of ordering more.

NoiseHERO
Oct 9, 2012, 09:26 PM
practical what?

It's a game not a second job.

Have fun and play with your friends either version, or both.

Anyway this thread continuing any further is a bad idea.

BIG OLAF
Oct 9, 2012, 09:29 PM
I'd just be going over visit to hang with friends from 360 PSU, and nothing more. Maybe pick up on the story a bit. But, JP PSO2 will always come first.

Xaeris
Oct 9, 2012, 09:31 PM
Making practical considerations isn't limited to what you do for a living. If you have a limited amount of leisure time, it's only natural that you'd want to think ahead as to how to make the most of it.

Enforcer MKV
Oct 9, 2012, 09:34 PM
practical what?

It's a game not a second job.

Have fun and play with your friends either version, or both.

Anyway this thread continuing any further is a bad idea.

Rock Eastwood: Even HE isn't sure of what he's saying sometimes.

...and yet Cocona still hangs around him. ¬_¬

NoiseHERO
Oct 9, 2012, 09:37 PM
Rock Eastwood: Even HE isn't sure of what he's saying sometimes.

...and yet Cocona still hangs around him. ¬_¬

B-baka I'm on the rational side, not the drinking haterade is cool, side!

DS23
Oct 9, 2012, 09:47 PM
Somehow ended up in a giant guild on the JP version and wouldn't want to abandon the crew so that's probably going to be the primary version I play. If SoA/E manages to achieve content parity with the JP version for the western one I might jump over fully but as it stands I'd mainly do the Eng version to be able to understand the story stuff.

Angelo
Oct 9, 2012, 10:07 PM
Sega in the west has announced that they're putting a lot towards the digital-only medium. It's proven pretty successful and they have a great track record so far; Sonic Generations, NiGHTs HD, Sonic 4 Episode 2 (much better than ep 1), and so on.

They're also now using the f2p model, which makes the whole process much smoother for a western release.

I haven't really 'forgiven' them for the blunders of PSU, but given that they've really turned over a new leaf lately is enough to warrant me giving them a chance with PSO2 International.

•Col•
Oct 9, 2012, 10:08 PM
I too will be staying in JP version.

:/ Not interested in playing with american ppl LOL

FYI: If you're playing with other english speakers in the Japanese version, odds are that you're already playing with "american ppl LOL".

HIT0SHI
Oct 9, 2012, 10:14 PM
I'll be on both.
Regardless of lack of content, some of my friends, who do want to be part of this awesome game, will be on the western version. Alas, my main character will be on the JP side:
(especially after all the grinding I've done and up until it actually releases).

Macman
Oct 9, 2012, 10:50 PM
I'm still amused they haven't fixed the typo on the English PSO2 trailer video.

I think it shows how much they plan to keep up when they can't type "UPDATES" correctly.

Drifting Fable
Oct 9, 2012, 11:01 PM
I will be playing on both servers.

While my main will most certainly be on the JP servers because of the people I've met, I want to help hold down the fort for the english community to ensure PSO2 content keeps shipping state side.

Skye-Fox713
Oct 9, 2012, 11:16 PM

eh, for me its kinda like this, but sense it wasn't all that hard to set up an account for jp pso2 i'll probably be sticking to the jp servers cause of the progress that i've made on my character. I will still be making an account for the US/EU pso2 as well.

Griffin
Oct 9, 2012, 11:18 PM
I'll play both, but only the JP version avidly. I'd like to experience the game from a localized perspective, listening to English dubs and reading the story.

Then be like lolz, kthxbai

Zyrusticae
Oct 9, 2012, 11:30 PM
I'm still amused they haven't fixed the typo on the English PSO2 trailer video.

I think it shows how much they plan to keep up when they can't type "UPDATES" correctly.
Pretty much.

Also my SSD only has room for one copy of the game, so you can forget having two copies just to have an English version I am unlikely to ever spend any time on...

Brus
Oct 9, 2012, 11:36 PM
I'm surprised that people are still optimistic with anything Sega currently does... particularly after the last 10 years...

For people that think Sega can learn any lesson, I have one word for you:

GAMEGAURD

Note: I'm hardly a "JP SERVER OR BUST" guy as I wouldn't mind being able to read things faster in English, but really there's only so many times someone can burn me before I stop being optimistic! Although, if by some miracle the US servers get as much care AS THEY DESERVE, I'll be absolutely thrilled.

Lumpen Thingy
Oct 10, 2012, 12:35 AM
As long as there's an english patch none of my friends from xbox PSU will even give the US version of PSO2 a chance and I don't fucking blame them.

MissMalice
Oct 10, 2012, 12:41 AM
I'll be staying here on the JP version simply because I started here. I know people are going to probably bark disagreements at me, but I actually enjoyed English PSU. I made so many friends and enjoyed myself. I started playing during a rather stressful time in my life [high school senior project, graduation, college searching, after school activities and sports, etc...], so being able to come home when I had a couple hours to spend to myself and play PSU was awesome~

Now, if the roles were reversed; if the English release came out first, then I would just stay there. If one version ultimately ended up better in the long run, then I would make the switch if I knew it'd be worth it for the long-run. Otherwise, I'd stay exactly where I started as long as I was enjoying it. c:

So, I'm enjoying it here! Not because its the JP release. Not because PSU English was bad. But because I'm loving the game~

http://cmashoc.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/twocents1.png

ttdestroy
Oct 10, 2012, 01:47 AM
I'll give English a chance but, just a toe in the water not headfirst like I did with PSU. I'm just gonna play it very casually til I see if they're serious or not.

Tyruka
Oct 10, 2012, 01:56 AM
In my opinion i'll play both if my laptop can handle it lol

But I do have a question, not offending anyone but what happens if the JP Sega decided to region lock the current JP Pso2 when the English one is released, would everyone here move over to the English one or quit? I'm just curious ^^

Xaeris
Oct 10, 2012, 01:58 AM
Neither. I'd VPN that **** and carry on about my business.

Stormwalker
Oct 10, 2012, 02:26 AM

This is pretty much my plan, here. I don't intend to give up on my JP PSO2 characters, but I do want to get into the NA version where I can potentially play with more than one of my friends.

Which one I end up spending the more of my game time on? Well, that depends on how the support for the NA version is, and how many of my friends play NA PSO2.

Kous
Oct 10, 2012, 05:51 AM
As long as there's an english patch none of my friends from xbox PSU will even give the US version of PSO2 a chance and I don't fucking blame them.

Yeah All the Xbox360 PSU fans are butt-hurt about the content updates. Thats why most are gonna stay. But lets just wait and find out because in Na/EU content is behind then i own alot of people on this forum and apologie XD

Mystil
Oct 10, 2012, 06:50 AM

Any respect I had for you has been lost. And I don't care if doesn't matter to you.

Furya
Oct 10, 2012, 07:05 AM
Hi there.

I would really much like to know why players are so worried about the english version of PSO2.
I used to play the dreamcast episode a while back, and i never played the Xbox, PSP, DS episodes. What happened during those years, that make people not trust SEGA anymore?

I'm now finding myself getting worried about the futur english version. I was planning on quitting the JP version when the english was released, but now i'm wondering.

So i guess my question is, what makes you guys worried? What behaviour from Sega those past years made you not trust them anymore?
What are, precisly, the problems that could occure in the english version?

------------------------------

Not very important but, I would like to express my worries about making my IRL friends come play with me. They have enough trouble already getting motivated about the JP version. I'm worried i won't even make them come to play with me on US/EU servers :(
I love this game so much ...

I thank you for any enlightenment you guys could give me.

Asuni
Oct 10, 2012, 12:02 PM
I want to keep playing the Japanese version because I'm studying the language and the only thing it can do is help me. I can read enough to be able to go through the game with ease. SEGA always ruins PSO games in murikka.

Galax
Oct 10, 2012, 12:55 PM
Hi there.

I would really much like to know why players are so worried about the english version of PSO2.
I used to play the dreamcast episode a while back, and i never played the Xbox, PSP, DS episodes. What happened during those years, that make people not trust SEGA anymore?

I'm now finding myself getting worried about the futur english version. I was planning on quitting the JP version when the english was released, but now i'm wondering.

So i guess my question is, what makes you guys worried? What behaviour from Sega those past years made you not trust them anymore?
What are, precisly, the problems that could occure in the english version?

------------------------------

Not very important but, I would like to express my worries about making my IRL friends come play with me. They have enough trouble already getting motivated about the JP version. I'm worried i won't even make them come to play with me on US/EU servers :(
I love this game so much ...

I thank you for any enlightenment you guys could give me.

Well...While the difference between the USA and Japan - at 14 hours on the eastern shore - is literally night and day, that doesn't mean they needed to treat the servers as such in terms of updates for PSU. PSUJP had weapons and items that we were promised back on 360, but never saw hide nor hair of. We were once told SoA was going to catch us up to PSUJP. I just laughed - that was nearing the end of PSU360's lifetime.

The way PSU360 got updated...It really went downhill after Firebreak event was released, as far as I can tell. PSU was a decent game IN ITSELF...But SEGAs nigh-constant support of the JP servers and clear neglect to anything that WASN'T a JP server made it so that it wasn't long before you were cautioning those on the fence not to play PSU360 as opposed to inviting them on. It was not worth the cash. I, personally, stuck around for friends and the new guys who played anyway and didn't know what was going on.

PSO:BB, Xbox, and Gamecube weren't so well taken care of either, that I recall. Along with many others, I lost loads of items from being hit with a FSOD - Frozen Screen of Death - for walking in to the lobby on PSOXbox. I hear it was much the same on Gamecube, and shit didn't change much when we got BB. SEGA cares for a while, then just leaves you to the mercy of whatever malicious intents players still playing have. It's just how shit went down...I can't tell you, in addition to the list of things I can't count, the number of times I've joined a Battle mode room, and there's someone running around invincible with their PB always full and using a Snow Queen on their HUcast. Very little was done after a bit...SEGA just stopped. They didn't give a damn.

Someone who was there for all if it'll have to remind me of the exact timeframe, but I recall PSOXbox having Christmas event up for some months before being shut down - SEGA never took it down. They just let it lie. While a nice treat, in one way, it was also a clear message - they do not support that version any longer, despite the servers being up. PSU's story/extra mode...I'm sorry, it was the worse part of the game. It might have been doable if it had splitscreen, but I only ever enjoyed it because I hadn't played online yet - I realize that now.

PSZero...Well, it was a little bland, but I guess you expect that in a portable...Right?

Wrong. It's graphics were a 3D version of the Battle Network games on GBA. It could have been better in graphics alone - but graphics aren't everything. I enjoyed the gameplay for a while...But if none of my friends were on, I had to resort to a matchmaking process that allowed me one run of a field with random people, half of which were usually speaking Japanese, or not speaking at all. The touch-screen comms system was horrible if you weren't pixel-perfect precise at times, if not all the time, and okay, the JP version of Zero had the same matchmaking thing going on...that doesn't make it okay. It's still annoying as fuck to get a group, discover you work really well together, then have them log out before you can send a friend request to them via the ingame menu to continue matches later - that happened to me, too.

tl;dr? SEGA works with ya for a bit, then leaves you to whatever they left there. It's pretty common thus far.

•Col•
Oct 10, 2012, 02:48 PM
eh, for me its kinda like this, but sense it wasn't all that hard to set up an account for jp pso2 i'll probably be sticking to the jp servers cause of the progress that i've made on my character. I will still be making an account for the US/EU pso2 as well.

^Why I stopped playing on the JP server. I realized that when the english version would be released, I would have to choose between my imaginary items/numbers or playing with my friends..............

My friends would've been disappointed.

[Ayumi]
Oct 10, 2012, 03:39 PM

So, what if I hate dogs with a passion?

^Why I stopped playing on the JP server. I realized that when the english version would be released, I would have to choose between my imaginary items/numbers or playing with my friends..............

My friends would've been disappointed.

Friends refuse to play because they don't know the language?

Forever Zero
Oct 10, 2012, 03:51 PM
Well, guess I'm in the minority here. I plan to get the US game once it's released.

Mike
Oct 10, 2012, 06:45 PM
;2868031']Friends refuse to play because they don't know the language?
Something perfectly understandable. Having to slog through a mess of moon runes is stressful for people who aren't used to it and demoralizing when you do something stupid that can only be fixed by paying real money.

May0
Oct 10, 2012, 08:40 PM
Something perfectly understandable. Having to slog through a mess of moon runes is stressful for people who aren't used to it and demoralizing when you do something stupid that can only be fixed by paying real money.

The language barrier is part of the problem but really its a multitude of problems that compound it into being an thicket of issues.

If it were just the language issue of the game I think some people could ignore it but... you have to register in Japanese. You'll need to find the proper english patch and install it correctly. This is outside of just downloading the game of course which can be a chore in and of itself if your internet connection is poor.

Then there's the issue of the cash shop. Which technically works but you really have no support form SEGAJP since you aren't supposed to be playing the game. Not a problem for freeloaders but if you have disposable income you have to dot your i's and cross your t's appropriately and even then I've seen enough issues concerning these under the radar currency converter schemes not working out that well- at best being a gamble and at worse being a money pit. You could also delve into the issue of customer support in general but unless you speak moon runes fluently any technical issues that are encountered may more or less be game breaking.

Then there's the ever looming fear of an IP ban for those outside of Japan or the fact the English version is right around the corner (I remember feeling like it would take forever but it seems closer now than it should...)

Now I'm intelligent and capable enough to avoid the various aforementioned pitfalls and such but...I really can't be bothered . Perhaps I'm just spoiled but I have games that have better customer support, work without me having to go out of my way to download various patches and work arounds, and most importantly are accessible to friends who for lack of better terms are simpletons and can barely be bothered to play the games I find accessible much less games I have trouble finding accessible.

Again, the keyword is accessibility.

edit- a few grammatical things

KusaTheFonewearl
Oct 10, 2012, 09:05 PM
Hey! I see this topic really kicked off! Good stuff!

But okay. Here is what I'm thinking... There's that English patch out right? I assume that patch is only going to get better and more precise... eventually to the point where it will be just like an English version of the game.

uh... I'll just get to the point: I think everyone who is on the JP server should stay... because like... we've busted our asses on our accounts right? So hey, what I'm thinking is we wait it out on the JP server and stuff... ~uff da~

Yeah! See, if English players continue to play on the JP server, then more English patches will be made, and if more English patches are made, it will only make the game more accessible to Eng players. Plus, lets face it... Segac isn't going to be able to support the game very well in the west and we'd all have a better run if we stuck with what we're doing now.

I say we forego the western servers completely, because see, idk if this will work BUT if (yes I said if) the English version of the game comes out, we could use the English files from that to better our patch for the JP game potentially...

In short: If enough of us "outsiders" play the JP version and no one shows interest in or plays the Eng version... Sega will have to start looking at the big picture, eventually. If they want to make money off this deal then they would have to release an official Eng patch for the game and just make one big international PSO2 server.

ALSO: I am going to start a new topic ESPECIALLY for where I'm going with this...

Galax
Oct 14, 2012, 02:28 PM
I had a post ready...then I saw the tags "SEGAC", "why bother?", and "wtf". I laughed and saw that's exactly what I should say, so I erased it and wrote this. Good day everyone.

Powder Keg
Oct 14, 2012, 02:43 PM
If you're like me and have no patience to fight through the language barrier and can also see the horrible US support from a mile away...you will spend very little time with it when it's released in the US. I downloaded the JP client and the it's no doubt going to be very fun with all of the skill trees and abilities, but I'm still not excited for a US release....at all. I don't know anyone IRL who plays games like this anymore and playing on JP I'd have to rely on a group of people to be online to team up with. That's just a hassle when most of us would more than likely have full time jobs.

Geistritter
Oct 14, 2012, 04:34 PM
I'm keeping an eye on it, but I'm generally not pleased with how the game is handled structurally as is, particularly with the game adopting PSU's drip-fed content. I should have just ignored this game for a couple of years, until it was in a more complete state.

Stormwalker
Oct 14, 2012, 06:20 PM
Hey! I see this topic really kicked off! Good stuff!

But okay. Here is what I'm thinking... There's that English patch out right? I assume that patch is only going to get better and more precise... eventually to the point where it will be just like an English version of the game.

Not a safe assumption. Much of the data that is not translated now is not handled (or at least, not entirely handled) on the client side; the result of this is that it cannot be translated with a client-side patch. What we've got now is probably about as good as it's going to get.

uh... I'll just get to the point: I think everyone who is on the JP server should stay... because like... we've busted our asses on our accounts right? So hey, what I'm thinking is we wait it out on the JP server and stuff... ~uff da~

Personally, as much as I am enjoying playing on the JP version, I would like to have a version of the game that I can actually convince some of my friends to play. That's never happening on the JP side.

This isn't to say I'm going to give up on the JP side and my characters there; I fully intend to play both, though obviously I'll give more attention to one side or the other (which really depends on how the NA version support is, and also on how many of my friends DO play it).

But also, I would like for Sega to continue bringing us Phantasy Star games. Therefore, they will get some of my money for bringing the game over here.

Yeah! See, if English players continue to play on the JP server, then more English patches will be made, and if more English patches are made, it will only make the game more accessible to Eng players. Plus, lets face it... Segac isn't going to be able to support the game very well in the west and we'd all have a better run if we stuck with what we're doing now.

See above. What you have now on the English side is probably as good as you're getting.

I say we forego the western servers completely, because see, idk if this will work BUT if (yes I said if) the English version of the game comes out, we could use the English files from that to better our patch for the JP game potentially...

In short: If enough of us "outsiders" play the JP version and no one shows interest in or plays the Eng version... Sega will have to start looking at the big picture, eventually. If they want to make money off this deal then they would have to release an official Eng patch for the game and just make one big international PSO2 server.

Not to be overly blunt, but that ain't happenin'. If the English version fails, you'll never see another Phantasy Star game get localized again.

Exactly how many non-Japanese players do you think are actually playing JP PSO?

Finalzone
Oct 15, 2012, 03:24 AM
If Sega wants to extend their market, they will need to release for both Mac and Linux (which keeps increasing its presence) by rebuilding the game with OpenGL support. After all the game is free to play. In addition, the community will help them to provide better support security side and could even hire hackers (thinkers in this sense). Valve is recently working on Stream for Linux to make their game available. Lets face, Linux is the future.

Meji
Oct 15, 2012, 03:31 AM
I'm staying on the JP version forever.That is, if the Japanese will continue to let us play on it. It's already against the ToS to play the game from outside of Japan.

DS23
Oct 15, 2012, 03:35 AM
There's a LOT of people waiting for the Eng release of this to jump in and start playing, even if nobody here goes for it the western version will do just fine.

Galax
Oct 15, 2012, 09:19 AM
^Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should. The more of us that at least try to show interest, the more likely SEGA is to see we still appreciate their series.

Of course, they should recognize they still have non-jp phans by the fact that we're so damned eager to play we're invading their servers. That should be a compliment, not an insult, as some seem to believe it is.

EvilMag
Oct 15, 2012, 09:29 AM
That is, if the Japanese will continue to let us play on it. It's already against the ToS to play the game from outside of Japan.

Didn't stop me from playing PSU JP.

Kion
Oct 15, 2012, 09:44 AM
I wouldn't mind being pleasantly surprised with a well managed En release.

AOI_Tifa_Lockhart
Oct 15, 2012, 09:52 AM
Here was me thinking elitism over consoles was ridiculous. Now we have elitism over the same game ¬_¬

Tifa

hbmizzle10
Oct 15, 2012, 12:42 PM

hah tell it like it is brotha!

Vintasticvin
Oct 15, 2012, 01:25 PM
Whatcha gonna do bruddahs when the Western servers run wild on you all?!

TimelessDbz
Oct 15, 2012, 02:41 PM
Can't wait for the English side just like everyone else that quit after the first 3 weeks of jp pso2 because they find out its coming out to the west.

DS23
Oct 15, 2012, 03:45 PM
Here was me thinking elitism over consoles was ridiculous. Now we have elitism over the same game ¬_¬

Tifa

Think 'cynicsm' is the more fitting word here actually and it's not entirely unjustified based on how PSU was run in the west. Most everybody would be happy if PSO2 was well run and maintained for it's international release, it's just that recent history has shown otherwise with regards to how Sega runs it's non-JP servers.

Inazuma
Oct 15, 2012, 03:54 PM

Tifa

If telling the truth makes me an elitist, so be it. I'd rather be an elitist than delusional.

NoiseHERO
Oct 15, 2012, 04:14 PM
Whatcha gonna do bruddahs when the Western servers run wild on you all?!

/Goes way over everyone's heads

Galax
Oct 15, 2012, 05:11 PM
For everyone wanting to be pleasantly surprised if the US/EU servers work out well, but not let down if they don't, expect the worst. Really believe that SEGA's going to fumble this one. Then, if it works out, it'll be something like "Hey, what do you know...they proved me wrong by doing well." But if it doesn't, you can just look at everyone who said "They can't be THAT bad" and say 'I told you so.' Of course, it doesn't have to be those exact words, but y'know.

gigawuts
Oct 15, 2012, 06:16 PM
For everyone wanting to be pleasantly surprised if the US/EU servers work out well, but not let down if they don't, expect the worst. Really believe that SEGA's going to fumble this one. Then, if it works out, it'll be something like "Hey, what do you know...they proved me wrong by doing well." But if it doesn't, you can just look at everyone who said "They can't be THAT bad" and say 'I told you so.' Of course, it doesn't have to be those exact words, but y'know.

This touches on one of the subtler things SOJ does right. They pretty much always finish downtimes early. Do you know why? They plan for a few hours of extra time. They probably know full well it'll only take so long, but they give themselves extra time anyway. This way if something goes wrong and they need another hour to fix it, they HAVE that hour before people start getting angry.

You might think this was standard, right? No. Most major MMO's don't actually do this. Many have started to, but most really don't. It's minor details like this that have me wanting to stick with SOJ. With SOA you were lucky if you even got a message on their site explaining why it took another 24 hours (someone tripped over the power cable and unplugged the entire server www).

So yeah, I'm genuinely expecting the worst from SOA. I'll likely play both, even if I stick to SOJ's full time. At the very least, on SOA's server I'll know how to do things without having to spend cash to fix mistakes.

hbmizzle10
Oct 16, 2012, 02:17 PM
it's funny how people said that pso 2 wasnt going to be released in america and those people were wrong, so its possible that this game might get recognition in america if it's doing so well in japan just sayin. u guys are jumping the gun way ahead here

Totori
Oct 16, 2012, 04:32 PM
It's Phantasy Star Online 2. It will get much more better rep, then the past titles. And no doubt perform better. There was many issues with the past series that SEGA had no control over. It's more of a wait and see but I was NEVER dissatisfied completely with SOA.