PDA

View Full Version : Xp for lv 42

Kenrokuen
Oct 10, 2012, 03:07 PM
Hello I wanted to know if I was the only one to have 2 821 5000 xp to gain in order to be lv 42 ? I had 92 000xp from 40 to 41 so this seems like a bug. Thanks for your reactions and sorry for the poor english

BIG OLAF
Oct 10, 2012, 03:09 PM
Nope, not a bug. Get crackin'.

Zorafim
Oct 10, 2012, 03:09 PM
No, no, that's right. You need a ton of exp to level. Happy hunting!

By the way, welcome to the forums. Check out the picture thread, throw in a few pics, put your character in your sig, and enjoy!

DemonDante92
Oct 10, 2012, 03:11 PM
I honestly think this is their way of stalling our progression until new stuff comes out, and then when they release it they'll lower the amount of exp needed

Reiketsu
Oct 10, 2012, 03:19 PM
I honestly think this is their way of stalling our progression until new stuff comes out, and then when they release it they'll lower the amount of exp needed

Hope you're right... definitely not going to lv all classes, anymore xD"

Zorafim
Oct 10, 2012, 03:20 PM
Oh, nonsense! At this exp rate, you can get two classes to 41 before you can get one class to 42. What better reason than that do you need to level all the classes?

lunarsoul
Oct 10, 2012, 03:27 PM

Stalling is right, look at the Exp you have wasted by doing the level cap quest... 90/90/90?! Jesus SEGA, why do you want to keep punishing us for maxing out fast? Because we care about playing your game that much?! Its ridiculous, they shouldve made it 30/30/30, at least that would have been more tolerable. My impression is that they dont want people to max out, and instead gradually get the 90/90/90 while you are leveling your way from Leveling 35-40. Seems like when players are not casually playing this game, they dont like it and want to restrict our growth/item selling or solo playing. I am really starting to pissed off, because I feel like im getting punished for caring about the game too much. :argh:

gigawuts
Oct 10, 2012, 03:27 PM
Yeah, I expected a kind of diminishing returns, I just had nfi it would be quite so heavy handed.

Chik'Tikka
Oct 10, 2012, 03:43 PM
Finnally+^_^+ it's starting to feel like other F2P games I've played+^_^+ 1-40 in 2 months, 40-60 in 6 months (100-115 in a year)+^_^+

RemChu
Oct 10, 2012, 03:48 PM
Finnally+^_^+ it's starting to feel like other F2P games I've played+^_^+ 1-40 in 2 months, 40-60 in 6 months (100-115 in a year)+^_^+

What is there to be happy about :-?

[Ayumi]
Oct 10, 2012, 03:49 PM

What is there to be happy about :-?

Your sarcasm sensor is broken. Ask Doo Doo to fix it for you.

Crysteon
Oct 10, 2012, 03:50 PM
Welcome to the Korean F2P model, where it takes you two weeks to gain one level if you are casual! It really irks me, though...VHard Volcano requires Lv 42 to enter, which means you might be spamming overused stuff like Forest for weeks in order to level up!

Keii
Oct 10, 2012, 04:30 PM
And the hard mode forest doesn't even give that much xp. I remember the reaction of the people in my team when we've seen that 74 xp from an Udan.
To think that I really believed it's the first f2p game that doesn't require you to grind levels for months. Even though I've been using a premium account from the time it was first available it won't do me any good with these level requirements.
Really stupid move, if you ask me.

After 11 hours of straight grinding and completing all the new Coffee's COs and seeing the amount of xp required vs v hard mode xp we went to the bar in the team room...
http://i.minus.com/iO7mq4HUaIMXV.jpg

lunarsoul
Oct 10, 2012, 04:48 PM
Ahh SEGA when things start to get good, they then start to ruin it. Im a big Yakuza series fan, but removing content from the US release of the games because the NA people "wont get Japanese culture" is freaking stupid. This reminds me of the same thing. "Lets just piss off the people we managed to grab into the game because of our stupidity". Thats just so SEGA. The people getting the NA/EU release of PSO2 wont realize how good PSO2 could have been earlier on.

Reiketsu
Oct 10, 2012, 04:51 PM
I honestly lost a lot of motivation to play the game since the new update...
It took me 2 months to get to lv 40 and only because I had semester break...
Now, I'll probably need half a year for one level, lol

If they were going to do this anyways, they could have added lv 50 cap two months ago... >_>
Then all that EXP FULL wouldn't have bothered me for such a long while and I probably wouldn't have gotten to 42 by now, anyways xD"

Vashyron
Oct 10, 2012, 05:00 PM
If the rest of the datamined EXP values are also correct, enjoy getting 173643400 EXP for level 50.

(Data) (http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9259868/pso2_final/sep_12_modified_stats.txt)

Keii
Oct 10, 2012, 05:08 PM
If the rest of the datamined EXP values are also correct, enjoy getting 230000000 EXP Total for Level 50.

(I did not misplace any 0s. (http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9259868/pso2_final/sep_12_modified_stats.txt))
Yeah, there's also a neat graph, with the pink line showing the total xp required to reach a certain level and the dark blue line with xp needed for each level:
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.minus.com/ithvRbiGrCY1i.gif[/SPOILER-BOX]

EvilMag
Oct 10, 2012, 05:13 PM
Does anyone here know Japanese? I feel like complaining on Sakai's blog about this.

Crysteon
Oct 10, 2012, 05:15 PM
I dont know, but I'm starting to realize how excessive those values are. I'd take those anyday if we were talking about the last 15-20 levels in the life span of the game, but this has reached a point where leveling up will feel like a neverending chore...and then I'm sure they will pull out the excuse about that you will find lots of 10*s and shit in between that grinding, which will be totally false in most cases where players with bad luck (like me) wont find jack shit. As if the RNG will be nice to us by giving up rares after spending 60+ hours in the same place trying to gain a level.

Perhaps we may not see another level cap increase until next year...which may mean we wont see Ultimate difficulty, or whatever they want to call to the next stage, in a long time.

Reiketsu
Oct 10, 2012, 05:17 PM
If the rest of the datamined EXP values are also correct, enjoy getting 230000000 EXP Total for Level 50.

(I did not misplace any 0s. (http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9259868/pso2_final/sep_12_modified_stats.txt))

lol, okay, guess I won't be able to get to this game's max lv... not in this life alone at least xD"

Keii
Oct 10, 2012, 05:18 PM
Does anyone here know Japanese? I feel like complaining on Sakai's blog about this.
I know Japanese and will probably write something when a write up on this update shows on the blog, but seeing the backslash on the Japanese blog and sns sites has made me think that the Japanese players themselves won't leave it like this.

Dammy
Oct 10, 2012, 05:18 PM
i like it actually
and we need items with ridiculous requirements , i have 600 basic atk now

EvilMag
Oct 10, 2012, 05:19 PM
I dont know, but I'm starting to realize how excessive those values are. I'd take those anyday if we were talking about the last 15-20 levels in the life span of the game, but this has reached a point where leveling up will feel like a neverending chore...and then I'm sure they will pull out the excuse about that you will find lots of 10*s and shit in between that grinding, which will be totally false in most cases where players with bad luck (like me) wont find jack shit. As if the RNG will be nice to us by giving up rares after spending 60+ hours in the same place trying to gain a level.

Perhaps we may not see another level cap increase until next year...which may mean we wont see Ultimate difficulty, or whatever they want to call to the next stage, in a long time.

Judging from the road map which goes all the way till Spring 2013 it does look like we won't get a level cap increase anytime soon. -.-

FFS Sega, have you even learned ANYTHING from PSU?

Cry0
Oct 10, 2012, 05:23 PM
Ugh. This seriously kills a lot of motivation to play...

pikachief
Oct 10, 2012, 05:34 PM
http://www.chooseomatic.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/farnsworth.jpg

Good news everyone!

You never have to worry about being stuck at the cap again!

Takatsuki
Oct 10, 2012, 05:37 PM
I'm giving them a month to fix this.
If they don't, I'm quitting the game.

Eman2417
Oct 10, 2012, 05:56 PM
I'm giving them a month to fix this.
If they don't, I'm quitting the game.
^this

Xaeris
Oct 10, 2012, 06:12 PM
This pretty much kills whatever motivation I had to play an alt.

Zyrusticae
Oct 10, 2012, 06:15 PM
I AM OKAY WITH THIS.

Well, except for the XP for going from 41 -> 42. That I'm not so okay with (seriously, wtf did they gate all the free fields at level 42?).

An incredibly high XP requirement to hit the cap really makes very little difference when you can access all the content looong before you actually hit the cap.

This pretty much kills whatever motivation I had to play an alt.
Y'know, you could just do what I'm doing, and play everyone up to level 40 before going for 42, and then 50.

BIG OLAF
Oct 10, 2012, 06:43 PM
The EXP doesn't "get better" after 42, if that's what you think.

gravityvx
Oct 10, 2012, 06:44 PM
Don't care about exp required, I do however, care for the fact that they hindered us from accessing ANY "new" free field at 41. But you know the irony about the whole exp thing is, if it were easy to reach 50, people would be complaining about leveling too fast, capped too fast, nothing to do at cap, wait for next update etc. As long as I could have accessed at least two or three free fields at 41, I would've been cool with that, but nope.

Anon_Fire
Oct 10, 2012, 06:45 PM
Better start saving up on EXP Boost +100%

Kierto
Oct 10, 2012, 06:45 PM
And the most FUN part is that the difficulty jump from Hard to VHard is literally 'one more PA/Tech' for something to die unless all you ever do is solo or your equipment was utter shit. So far no AI change no added aggression no stagger resistance nothing.

MPAs still steamroll everything (even more so with subclass) and so far few new CO's apart from Girard's rare mob kills (paying 20k xp each). There literally is no alternative to MPA grind.

Btw Rafoie level 10->11 is 2% stronger (11->12 is +2% too). Zonde 10->11 gains almost +100% modifier (250ish->345%) www

Zyrusticae
Oct 10, 2012, 06:58 PM
The EXP doesn't "get better" after 42, if that's what you think.
Obviously not. I mean level 42 is when you can access all the free fields and you can essentially consider yourself at the cap anyways since the XP required is so high.

Shirokami
Oct 10, 2012, 06:59 PM
And the most FUN part is that the difficulty jump from Hard to VHard is literally 'one more PA/Tech' for something to die unless all you ever do is solo or your equipment was utter shit. So far no AI change no added aggression no stagger resistance nothing.

MPAs still steamroll everything (even more so with subclass) and so far few new CO's apart from Girard's rare mob kills (paying 20k xp each). There literally is no alternative to MPA grind.

Btw Rafoie level 10->11 is 2% stronger (11->12 is +2% too). Zonde 10->11 gains almost +100% modifier (250ish->345%) www

What the heck.

lunarsoul
Oct 10, 2012, 07:03 PM
If someone here has a Main and Sub class going.... do you get EXP for both classes? just the main class? or the sub class gets partial?

Kierto
Oct 10, 2012, 07:04 PM
If someone here has a Main and Sub class going.... do you get EXP for both classes? just the main class? or the sub class gets partial?

Subclass gets 0 nada nothing.

Zeota
Oct 10, 2012, 07:19 PM
If the rest of the datamined EXP values are also correct, enjoy getting 173643400 EXP for level 50.

(Data) (http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9259868/pso2_final/sep_12_modified_stats.txt)

That is so not funny.

I do recall them saying they wanted to market to other Asian countries so I guess they hit Korea's sweet spot with that.

Shirokami
Oct 10, 2012, 07:21 PM
Actually I just found where the launcher's IP is.
South Korea.

Chik'Tikka
Oct 10, 2012, 10:31 PM
if PSO2 follows the same insane EXP formula as my last MMO, most of the EXP can be had from doing every single quest and story mission+^_^+ so ima expect much more rewarding and a wider variety of COs in the next few months+^_^+ for now, no one need worry about being stuck at lvl cap+^_^+

gigawuts
Oct 10, 2012, 10:43 PM
if PSO2 follows the same insane EXP formula as my last MMO, most of the EXP can be had from doing every single quest and story mission+^_^+ so ima expect much more rewarding and a wider variety of COs in the next few months+^_^+ for now, no one need worry about being stuck at lvl cap+^_^+

Being that they're trying to stop people from switching classes to turn in CO's, I'm more inclined to expect stupid difficult bosses (aka just lots of 1hko attacks) that yield lots of experience.

dablacksephiroth
Oct 10, 2012, 10:47 PM
<_< How come no one considers Subdue Caterdra'n worthy enough to be defined as a different map to use to alternate leveling in?

You can go straight into Caterdra'n at Lv41. Don't have to stick to Free Forest.

I haven't done any exp comparisons yet. The enemies in Caterdra'n are Lv44, normal small enemies give 71exp per kill.. they die in 3800 hit points, wall event exp varied between 1100exp and 1790exp for my friend and I. We didn't stay very long though, didn't find any Fordiran to see if they give 300-500 exp.

Don't get me wrong though, I'm not a fan of the jump from 91k to 2mil either... I play multiple characters (4 mains currently), and this really hurts. Our crew spent over 6 hours today, with breaks in between for some.. (not me.... as usual) getting those goddamn Cap trials.. First finished Subclasses though, to get extra stats and damage to do Level cap stuff faster.

But, I suppose they really wanna increase sales on them there 100% exp tickets. x-x;;

Cyron Tanryoku
Oct 10, 2012, 11:02 PM
Meh, I find F.Cont and Tunnels more exp valuable than the Very Hard quests

BIG OLAF
Oct 10, 2012, 11:05 PM
When I was doing free forest on V.Hard earlier tonight, we were getting codes out the ass. Definitely superior EXP to (Hard) Sky and Mines, I think. However, that might have just been luck.

Cyron Tanryoku
Oct 10, 2012, 11:09 PM
Most likely lucky, only got 2 codes when I was there

Reyva
Oct 11, 2012, 12:00 AM
Lmao and some people wondered why we all cheated in the pso v1/v2 dc days when we didn't feel like leveling to 200. Too damn boring lol.

Anyways, don't know how I feel so...

1) In some aspects, I'm glad the there was a big exp bump because you had people like myself who said the level grind was a joke. Now its not. At the same time, it may be just a bit too much. I'm old skool as far as grinding goes, but that was back then when I was either in college/high school and had a lot of free time lol. I just don't have any motivation here like I did in FFXi for example to reach level cap. In other words, incentives. Only incentive here would be with your subclass.

2) Eh, what about new areas? So 40-50 is being done in the same ol same ol areas. I still think the level requirement to access the areas is pretty lame.

3) Lmao, is this pso2 endgame? Rhetorical question really.

4) Eh I wish I didn't have to do a silly quest just to unlock a class/subclass/level bracket.

Anyways, Segac used too much of R.Kelly's doo doo butter. I really don't feel motivated to even play. And even if I wanted, I'm kinda tired of paying out of my ass on webmoney. Not that I haven't given Segac any $ in quite a while.

Think I'll just sit back and wait on the NA version now and "hopefully," things will have changed in the JP version to be less...........well..............ghey. Not counting on it tho. I'll play in the coming days in a bit just to see how hilarious it will be with my subclasses, but I'm not giving the game much serious time.

Daemyn
Oct 11, 2012, 12:42 AM
I'm on the verge of quitting. I'm waiting though to see if the Japanese will tolerate such a gross increase in exp requirements.

As far as I am concerned that 2.8+mil just for level 42 is just a big trap to keep people pointlessly grinding..... and I really am tired of grinding I'd rather play in a level 30+ area as a level 5 but with good exp than to drone away for that 2 mil exp lose sleep and whatnot /:dead:

LordShade
Oct 11, 2012, 12:48 AM
major backlash on sakai's blog and various sns sites.

expect a message from somebody important or pure mouth dribble soon.

Zekester
Oct 11, 2012, 01:06 AM
I never reached Lv.200 in any past PSO game. So, im really not worried.

My main disappointment is the decrease in amount of money I can sell items to NPCs. People without shops are seriously screwed over (like me).

eharima
Oct 11, 2012, 04:18 AM
major backlash on sakai's blog and various sns sites.

expect a message from somebody important or pure mouth dribble soon.

summimasendeshitaminasama! enjoy 5x 50% exp boosters ahahaa

Agitated_AT
Oct 11, 2012, 04:30 AM
What's with the obsession of quick leveling? Does it have to do with accesing the requirements of the next environment or does it simply have to do with becoming more powerful?

In both cases I would not understand it because:

-In the first case, you allready unlocked both environments twice
-In the second case, the game's difficulty is a joke. There's nothing different about VH and you might as well just lvl a new class from lvl 1 because it'll give you the same pleasure anyway.

Just enjoy the game for christ sakes and if you can't do that without having superficial goals, then the gameplay is obviously not good enough for you.

Z-0
Oct 11, 2012, 04:32 AM
The main problem is that we want to be able to access VH Caves and Desert to be able to hunt for the new rares. Sure, we can do the Arks Quests, but they're simply nowhere near as good as Free Fields.

Right now you need to grind so much just to get to Caves and Desert, and I'd rather not go back to Hard Difficulty as there's nothing anymore in Hard that I want. :/

NoiseHERO
Oct 11, 2012, 05:07 AM
Umm. No.

If you want to keep me playing the game longer. Gives us something actually fun to do. Not extremely ling motonous quests mandatory to access new content. And an absurd exp requirement to level.

I say absurd because 41 to 42 is the same amount of exp as lvl 1 to 41.

Has nothing to do with leveling fast.

Bigsten
Oct 11, 2012, 05:15 AM
I don't see what the hurry is, its not like they are going to pull the plug any time soon.

gigawuts
Oct 11, 2012, 05:26 AM
stop doing what you like and start doing what i like

Yes, because this argument has worked in the past.

Agitated_AT
Oct 11, 2012, 06:01 AM
Yes, because this argument has worked in the past.

You're misinterpreting my message. What my point is if your game is driven by the grind instead of the gameplay game, then obviously the game is doing something wrong and you guys are driving yourself by superficial goals.

My message in fact is the opposite. I'm not saying play my way, i'm saying open up your eyes and actually keep playing if you do actually enjoy the game for what it is.

Rewards in a game are mandetory and there needs to be a worthwhile incentive to reach that goal. New and more powerful weapons should result in a better capabality of completing a certain goal. Frankly in PSO2 alot of these basic elements are not there. You can complete goals with the average equips and hence every content is only done to reach the next only finding out that the next content is not very different. So in the end people let themselves be driven by these superficial goals and yes I do find that strange as it's proven that VH isn't all that different so why wanna reach lvl 42 so fast knowing that? That is what I don't understand so please make this poor man understand.

gigawuts
Oct 11, 2012, 06:08 AM
Ah, I see. Well, with fun being subjective and all, I think it's the grind itself that some people enjoy, however counterintuitive that seems. They seem to enjoy having a goal placed in front of them, and either passively (casually) or actively (anything from active to hardcore) working towards it.

It's definitely a considerable portion of the gaming community that approaches MMO's and other types of games this way. I do feel they could have some better stuff to work with. Time attack is a good filler, but it seems many have already mastered that...

Unfortunately, the kind of stuff that would interest them takes actual effort and creativity, which seems to be used only sparingly in this game's development. Eventually I expect a new time attack based around all three naberius areas, a new area for the other two planets, etc. But that's the problem - in time.

I don't think it's impatience, so much as liking something that the game doesn't deliver either fully, continuously, or both.

Angelo
Oct 11, 2012, 06:09 AM
You're misinterpreting my message. What my point is if your game is driven by the grind instead of the gameplay game, then obviously the game is doing something wrong and you guys are driving yourself by superficial goals.

So people who play Pokemon for the sole purpose of completing a pokedex have superficial goals?

Some people get satisfaction from completion. I know I'm personally very turned off by the game now because I enjoy hitting cap and then spending my time helping other people level and using my Def-based HU to defend a team. It's just how I personally like to play, and these changes impede my personal sense of satisfaction. I don't see that as a very 'superficial' goal.

I'm not going to bitch and moan that my niche system is being impeded upon unless the majority of people feel the root issue is hindering their own enjoyment for their own reasons, which seems to definitely be the case here.

Agitated_AT
Oct 11, 2012, 06:18 AM
Ah, I see. Well, with fun being subjective and all, I think it's the grind itself that some people enjoy, however counterintuitive that seems. They seem to enjoy having a goal placed in front of them, and either passively (casually) or actively (anything from active to hardcore) working towards it.

It's definitely a considerable portion of the gaming community that approaches MMO's and other types of games this way. I do feel they could have some better stuff to work with. Time attack is a good filler, but it seems many have already mastered that...

Unfortunately, the kind of stuff that would interest them takes actual effort and creativity, which seems to be used only sparingly in this game's development. Eventually I expect a new time attack based around all three naberius areas, a new area for the other two planets, etc. But that's the problem - in time.

I don't think it's impatience, so much as liking something that the game doesn't deliver either fully, continuously, or both.
Yes, I think we finally found some middle ground. What baffles me is that people wanna rush into another mode that basically is a restart of what they allready done twice (or many more depending on how many classes they've leveled). I would understand if VH actually brought something new, even if it was just more engaging and agressive AI. But it's a carbon copy of what they've done before only within a different level range. Complaining about it... I just don't know man. I just can't make sense of it, but that's probably just me.

@Angelo

The pokedex isn't a mandetory/Primary goal to progress but is secondary/sub goal so it's not comparable at all.

Also if it's the cap what drives you to keep playing instead of the actual content, then I can understand you don't mind doing the exact same thing over and over again.

gigawuts
Oct 11, 2012, 06:20 AM
It isn't a carbon copy, though. Or, rather, it is, but the players aren't.

With new rares, new PA's/techs, more skillpoints, and new skills, the experience improves overall. Both the enemies and the players are given a smidge of powercreep, so they even out, but the players gain new abilities instead of just extra damage.

Whereas PSO1 seemed to be about finding rares that did unique things, PSO2 seems to be about gaining skillpoints so you can do things with all similar weapons.

edit: I don't think it's one single thing that keeps people interested in the game. I enjoy a lot of the art direction, and many of the environments. I could stare at these environments for hours, and tend to. I'm also a bit of a completionist, and like to find new ways to approach the same problems. This game offers many ways to approach the same problems, via different classes and different abilities in those classes. This is why I'll opt for all gears instead of 5% more damage with my then-favorite weapon, for instance.

Ezodagrom
Oct 11, 2012, 06:23 AM
I would understand if VH actually brought something new, even if it was just more engaging and agressive AI. But it's a carbon copy of what they've done before only within a different level range.
V.Hard mode does have something new, rare enemies, but it's sad that there seems to be no or close to no difference in enemies behaviour (I haven't reached V.Hard yet, so I can't give my own thoughts about enemies there).

gigawuts
Oct 11, 2012, 06:25 AM
I want the rare vol dragon to cast megid, proper megid, metal slicing sound and instadeath and all.

Also, rare rockbear should cast it too, and all the rare enemies.

And the ones that don't should freeze on contact.

Because I miss ultimate.

Agitated_AT
Oct 11, 2012, 06:29 AM
V.Hard mode does have something new, rare enemies, but it's sad that there seems to be no or close to no difference in enemies behaviour (I haven't reached V.Hard yet, so I can't give my own thoughts about enemies there).I just don't know what I should be looking forward to if only so little of the experience is different. Rare enemies(as they are called rare) are only a minor part of the whole thing.

I accepted normal and hard knowing what had established the series (PSO1) had done the same thing. But I can't "just" do the same thing over and over again without feeling like i'm wasting my time. It's just not right

I want the rare vol dragon to cast megid, proper megid, metal slicing sound and instadeath and all.

Also, rare rockbear should cast it too, and all the rare enemies.

And the ones that don't should freeze on contact.

Because I miss ultimate.

Well I am not replying to this specific post, I just wanna add that people are complaing for the wrong/pointless issues in my opinions. There are much larger concerns. Why are we complaining about slow progress to lvl 42 when the content at lvl 42 isn't even all that great (and for all the upcoming lvls as well)? Why is the majority complaining about such superficial things and miss the more important issues?

But yes I recognize this is all subjective. It seems strange coming from PSO1 and how the demographic has changed so much. It's like every little request for some slight difficulty increase, for a more engaging experience sounds like unknown concepts for them.

Slow progress to lvl42 is not what we should complain about imo. Actually i'm quite fine with it.

Angelo
Oct 11, 2012, 07:22 AM
Yes, I think we finally found some middle ground. What baffles me is that people wanna rush into another mode that basically is a restart of what they allready done twice (or many more depending on how many classes they've leveled). I would understand if VH actually brought something new, even if it was just more engaging and agressive AI. But it's a carbon copy of what they've done before only within a different level range. Complaining about it... I just don't know man. I just can't make sense of it, but that's probably just me.

@Angelo

The pokedex isn't a mandetory/Primary goal to progress but is secondary/sub goal so it's not comparable at all.

Also if it's the cap what drives you to keep playing instead of the actual content, then I can understand you don't mind doing the exact same thing over and over again.

I love the content, and I just explained to you how I enjoy the content. Just because it's not a conventional reason or way to play doesn't make it invalid. Being capped and going in and using Warcry on a boss and keeping them busy is incredibly fun to me. I'm utilizing the mechanics and 'depth' of the game to play. Isn't that 'actual content'?

As for the Pokedex comment... I wasn't arguing what the primary goal was or wasn't, I was arguing what the definition of a 'superficial' goal is and isn't.

Ce'Nedra
Oct 11, 2012, 08:14 AM
Sega Employee 1: How to make sure one does not reach the new level cap within a week?
Sega Employee 2: I know, let's increase the To Next Level from 91.420 EXP (lvl41) to 2.834.000 EXP (lv42) in one level!
Sega Employee 1: Great idea! This will give us some months to work on new content. Here is 5 yen as reward.

Can so see that happend

Golto
Oct 11, 2012, 09:09 AM
They're probably waiting until ultimate dfficulty to amp up the mobs.

Arika
Oct 11, 2012, 09:26 AM
Instead of getting to capped and keep farming meseta / roaming for rares to see exp full.

Now it is still the same to just farming meseta/ roaming for rares, except you won't see exp full.

Anyway, just consider lv 42 as soft cap. (Come on! someone will cap 42 in 3 days, 1 week, or 2 weeks, but that is the goal, I don't think you really need to cap at 50 at all. you can compare lv 50 here to lv 200 in PSO1 where the goal isn't to cap, but to hunt rare item)

[Ayumi]
Oct 11, 2012, 09:33 AM
Instead of getting to capped and keep farming meseta / roaming for rares to see exp full.

Now it is still the same to just farming meseta/ roaming for rares, except you won't see exp full.

My concern is wanting to equip items I have that are still greyed out that I won't be able to use until I get a certain level.

BIG OLAF
Oct 11, 2012, 09:35 AM
;2868397']My concern is wanting to equip items I have that are still greyed out that I won't be able to use until I get a certain level.

Also, every SP is going to seem like a gift from the gods now, since it'll take you a good few weeks to even get one (level up). Everyone is going to have to double-and-triple-check to be sure they know what to spend their SP on.

Arika
Oct 11, 2012, 09:40 AM
;2868397']My concern is wanting to equip items I have that are still greyed out that I won't be able to use until I get a certain level.

Almost all the equipment so far that I have seen could be equiped at lv 40 as long as you have the right sub-class/mag/ right skill tree for it.

Says, if you are FO, but want to equip HU unit, then you may need lv 50-60 to do so.
but if you are Hu, and want to equip Hu unit. there will always be many method that allow you to equip it either by tree/mag/sub.

Of course though, SEGA doesn't plan, and doesn't want everybody to be able to equip everything since the beginning. so keep this in mind too!. They want some players to choose def and equip best def unit, while not be able to access best sword. And some players who focus on atk to be able to equip best weapon, while not be able to equip best unit.

By the current exp graph they did, I can see that level 42 is soft cap, where they expect most players to be at.

(and it only take around 3-4 days for hardcore, 1-3 weeks for casual to up level to 42)

For anybody who plan their skill tree at lv 50. I really suggest to change to plan skill tree at lv 42 instead. (lv 43 to lv 50 is just extra only)

[Ayumi]
Oct 11, 2012, 09:46 AM
Almost all the equipment so far that I have seen could be equiped at lv 40 as long as you have the right sub-class/mag/ right skill tree for it.

Says, if you are FO, but want to equip HU unit, then you may need lv 50-60 to do so.
but if you are Hu, and want to equip Hu unit. there will always be many method that allow you to equip it either by tree/mag/sub.

Of course though, SEGA doesn't plan, and doesn't want everybody to be able to equip everything since the beginning. so keep this in mind too!. They want some players to choose def and equip best def unit, while not be able to access best sword. And some players who focus on atk to be able to equip best weapon, while not be able to equip best unit.

By the current exp graph they did, I can see that level 42 is soft cap, where they expect most players to be at.

(and it only take around 3-4 days for hardcore, 1-3 weeks for casual to up level to 42)

For anybody who plan their skill tree at lv 50. I really suggest to change to plan skill tree at lv 42 instead. (lv 43 to lv 50 is just extra only)

Yeah but... I have no skills (other than on a few on Force and a bit more on Gunner) and/or mag and I play all classes (No AC so I don't have mags for all my classes)

Z-0
Oct 11, 2012, 10:01 AM
EXP is being fixed.

プレイ中の皆様へお知らせします。  10月12日(金)9:00~14:00にて、クラスレベル41以降 のレベルアップに必要な経験値の調整のためゲームサーバーの臨時メンテナンスを行います。  皆様にはご迷 惑をおかけいたしますことをお詫び申し上げます

This announcement just came up in game.

Ether
Oct 11, 2012, 10:02 AM
I am curious what their version of fixed is going to be, but it can't be worse, right?

Now they just need to fix meseta...

Sp-24
Oct 11, 2012, 10:03 AM
Yup. Though still, maybe they'll fix the low amount required to get to level 41 instead. :)

Z-0
Oct 11, 2012, 10:06 AM
It says it's fixing the extraordinary amount to level up after 41, so...

Arika
Oct 11, 2012, 10:07 AM
I see..

Well, I think I m pretty fine for 41->42, since there are Ark Quest Catadran and Desert that can roaming to change mood from forest too. but I probably not really plan to go further than 43 yet. unless I just go there eventually while hunting rare, which is going to be my primary goal after I reach 42.

EDIT:
WTH!!? it has that announce ingame!!?
In Sakai blog, he said so himself that he intent to have this kind of exp and not plan to fix it!
http://ameblo.jp/sega-psblog/archive1-201210.html
EDIT2:
okay, he also edited in his blog now it seem. so yes, he will do something about exp, because it seem too many people complain.

On the note: NPC reselling price will also increase too. This is on another point that people complain.

Jakosifer
Oct 11, 2012, 10:17 AM
A reasonable level scale after 41 would be something like 200-300k exp per level, I would be OK with that, if they're going for stupid grind style. This ain't Korea, 2mil is stupid. The logical scale would be something like...keeping close to the previous scale of 100-200k, ala Phantasy Star style level progression.

The level crap didn't bother me that much though, its untradeable 10* Discs that DODOMYGEARSU

Ryo
Oct 11, 2012, 10:18 AM
Man, I'm glad I haven't logged in and played yet. Sounds like it was pretty awful for a while!

NoiseHERO
Oct 11, 2012, 10:20 AM
swaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ag

Arika
Oct 11, 2012, 10:21 AM
Roughtly translation, since my JP isn't that good.

1. Sakai said that he intent to change this exp by himself at first, so that players won't reach cap too fast.
2. However, he also said that it seem to scare player too much with this drastic adjust.
3. So he will adjust exp table again.
4. Anybody who get over-exp from level, will be able to level up instantly when you relog and kill 1 more enemy.
5. the NPC resell price will also being adjust again too!
6. in November, he may add new system to deal with extra exp you gain over from level cap.

Z-0
Oct 11, 2012, 10:36 AM
Just for proof:

[spoiler-box]http://imageshack.us/a/img560/9331/pso20121011163005000.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Eternal255
Oct 11, 2012, 10:49 AM
EXP is being fixed.

プレイ中の皆様へお知らせします。  10月12日(金)9:00~14:00にて、クラスレベル41以降 のレベルアップに必要な経験値の調整のためゲームサーバーの臨時メンテナンスを行います。  皆様にはご迷 惑をおかけいたしますことをお詫び申し上げます

This announcement just came up in game.

damn. thats gonna be from when i get home, until 10pm D: wish it was a bit sooner lol

kabutozero
Oct 11, 2012, 10:56 AM
6. in November, he may add new system to deal with extra exp you gain over from level cap.

Those last 2 points are really damn nice , they overdid it with the npc , I would expect something like halving the value for fcontinent hard thrash... but it was like 1/10 of its price lol

And that last point , they don't want people with full classes turning client orders to level others classes right? but they could do something like when your class is maxed your subclass gets a % of the exp your class gets ,that % starting as low as 50 % maybe and getting closer to 100 % as you get near the subclass level , since if you're near it means you can play the same map , but for some reason you don't play the subclass xD

Macman
Oct 11, 2012, 11:25 AM

Then there's us poor saps who thought balance was the key and are now unable to use ANYTHING. :argh:

gigawuts
Oct 11, 2012, 11:41 AM
Roughtly translation, since my JP isn't that good.

1. Sakai said that he intent to change this exp by himself at first, so that players won't reach cap too fast.
2. However, he also said that it seem to scare player too much with this drastic adjust.
3. So he will adjust exp table again.
4. Anybody who get over-exp from level, will be able to level up instantly when you relog and kill 1 more enemy.

Awesome, thanks for translating this. Glad to hear Sega's already listening to the community, this game may have hope.

Granted, they're probably just terrified of scaring off customers, but for the time being it gets the job done.

Dammy
Oct 11, 2012, 11:48 AM
R

pfff
i got 1 mil of exp , someone got 150k , and both of us will be 1 exp away from 42?
should just level up automatically

Angelo
Oct 11, 2012, 12:03 PM

This ^

I hope it's something like City of Heroes where you can convert 'overflow' exp to currency or Guild points.

NoiseHERO
Oct 11, 2012, 12:05 PM
pfff
i got 1 mil of exp , someone got 150k , and both of us will be 1 exp away from 42?

I think it meant if you have earned enough exp, and it would be enough to level after

so if the level requirement was 150k exp to reach level 42, and you got 1 mil, you'd probably reach... level 45-47 or something...? and your friend just level 42.

who knows what the curve will be, but I have a feeling it'd be in the 100-200k's each TNL

Meji
Oct 12, 2012, 02:10 AM
pfff

I also worry about this.

Managed to grind 1.2 millions of EXP so far (Only had about 1.6m to go to level 42)

Could someone please confirm anything regarding this matter? I mean, I truly believe they will make my level jump up to around 45-46 (since the game calculates all EXP earned in total) but I'm still very curious since I haven't seen anyone confirm all this...

gigawuts
Oct 12, 2012, 02:13 AM
It's to do with how leveling up works. You need to trigger it by killing something, which does the exp county doowhatsit. You won't level up with zero overflow, you should retain your total experience.

It works like that in a lot of games, including past PS games, so I'm guessing that's what'll happen here.

Chik'Tikka
Oct 12, 2012, 02:14 AM
pfff

I also worry about this.

Managed to grind 1.2 millions of EXP so far (Only had about 1.6m to go to level 42)

Could someone please confirm anything regarding this matter? I mean, I truly believe they will make my level jump up to around 45-46 (since the game calculates all EXP earned in total) but I'm still very curious since I haven't seen anyone confirm all this...

how much EXP went down the tubes when we were capped and it said "EXP FULL"??? *doesn't see an issues here at all* +^_^+

Meji
Oct 12, 2012, 02:23 AM
how much EXP went down the tubes when we were capped and it said "EXP FULL"??? *doesn't see an issues here at all* +^_^+Of course it matters.
During the past days, I've been grinding very hard to be able to make it ti LV42 together with the front players.
Before the update, I couldn't care less about the EXP going to waste. At this time, there was a limit to how strong players could become. But now, as they've updated the game with tons of new features (which, also, totally benefit the ones reaching the higher levels first), of course the EXP I've gathered up until now does matter.

Therefore, I'm highly curious.

gigawuts
Oct 12, 2012, 02:27 AM
Just make note of your total experience before and after killing something, then give us your results. You can answer your own question pretty easily this way, and then we'll know for future reference too.

I'm curious how the game would handle exp requirement increases, however.

Z-0
Oct 12, 2012, 02:33 AM
It seems EXP is still quite heavy (especially later on), but it's not as heavy as before. Still jumps quite a bit; 40->41 is 90k and 41->42 is like... 250k+.

At least I'll be able to access all the free fields in a decent amount of time now.

eharima
Oct 12, 2012, 02:45 AM
Negative exp ftw gg Sakai san ^^ lv 43½ GET

Meji
Oct 12, 2012, 02:52 AM
Negative exp ftw gg Sakai san ^^ lv 43½ GET
Oh, so you were jumped to LV43½!? Awesome!

eharima
Oct 12, 2012, 02:56 AM
Not jumped, you will have -700k exp or whatever when you gain any exp you will get all in one hit
I handed in an order an pow!
Feels good mang

Just goes to show, that 2.8 mill tnl wasn't impossible,
It was just too much of a smack in the face, I smashed a mil in 12hr
Others more, and if they had a better exp curve from the beginning
I don't think anyone would have QQ'd

DemonMike
Oct 12, 2012, 03:06 AM
To be honest, with the crazily easy progression we had for level 30 to 40 (the scaling seemed odd to me), I'm glad to see it has jumped a bit for 40 to 50. Well, at the current levels that is, pre-patch requirements sound fucking insane.

Meji
Oct 12, 2012, 03:14 AM
Not jumped, you will have -700k exp or whatever when you gain any exp you will get all in one hit
I handed in an order an pow!
Feels good mang

Just goes to show, that 2.8 mill tnl wasn't impossible,
It was just too much of a smack in the face, I smashed a mil in 12hr
Others more, and if they had a better exp curve from the beginning
I don't think anyone would have QQ'd
Tons of gratitude for the answer, this calms my mind.

Ezodagrom
Oct 12, 2012, 06:12 AM
For those curious about the changes, the old exp requirements from 40 to 50:

Lv 40 - 41: 91.420
Lv 41 - 42: 2.834.000
Lv 42 - 43: 3.627.520
Lv 43 - 44: 4.643.230
Lv 44 - 45: 5.943.320
Lv 45 - 46: 17.829.990
Lv 46 - 47: 22.822.380
Lv 47 - 48: 29.212.650
Lv 48 - 49: 37.392.170
Lv 49 - 50: 47.862.000And the updated exp requirements:

Lv 40 - 41: 91.420
Lv 41 - 42: 283.860
Lv 42 - 43: 480.000
Lv 43 - 44: 690.000
Lv 44 - 45: 950.000
Lv 45 - 46: 2.000.000
Lv 46 - 47: 3.500.000
Lv 47 - 48: 5.300.000
Lv 48 - 49: 7.400.000
Lv 49 - 50: 9.700.000

Shirokami
Oct 12, 2012, 06:18 AM

And the updated exp requirements:

Lv 49 - 50: 47.862.000
47 millions!
Glad they changed that.

Zeota
Oct 12, 2012, 06:58 AM

That's more like it. The last levels still take a solid chunk of exp but at the same time is much less daunting.

Arios
Oct 12, 2012, 07:06 AM

Thanks, now they really are balanced, not insane but not easy too.