PDA

View Full Version : Why am I getting the feeling I can't afford anything anymore?

[Ayumi]
Oct 10, 2012, 03:13 PM
I knew they were nerfing the money you get from drops but I've been playing for about an hour going on 2, and the most I've gotten was maybe 50k total.
This is from at least a few bosses mind you...

Sephirah
Oct 10, 2012, 03:15 PM
Best way to make money outside of buying a shop and selling items is to join an MPA and grind in skylands. Although I think most people are focusing on unlocking their level caps and subclasses right now.

[Ayumi]
Oct 10, 2012, 03:32 PM
Best way to make money outside of buying a shop and selling items is to join an MPA and grind in skylands. Although I think most people are focusing on unlocking their level caps and subclasses right now.

Had subclass unlocked within the 1st 20 minutes, but yes. I've noticed the money changes while trying to get the drops for the level cap.

Z-0
Oct 10, 2012, 04:54 PM
Then you realise weapons give you like 350 meseta maximum per, MPAs cannot stay up for more than 4 hours (so all MPA maps will probably be terrible) and nobody will be playing Continent; rather Very Hard.

Give it a week or two and prices in shops will most likely drop. Sega is most likely trying to vacuum out meseta by making vendor prices near-worthless, and not reducing the cost of grinding yet.

Shirokami
Oct 10, 2012, 06:20 PM
I'm even scared to run out of money for basic items... "Increased the price for one star items"
One star items are worth 44 - 8X Max on NPC.
Items I used to sell for 1k are worth 100s now.
"Increased the meseta drop from bosses"
Still fuckin' meseta rings of 6-30 meseta, no changes!
Sega pls.

Courina
Oct 10, 2012, 06:44 PM
my worries atm is our everyday nessecities item like mate and moon... i dont mind low drops or meseta... but if we gain lower than we spend on monomates... now that too much already...

freyt
Oct 10, 2012, 06:51 PM
On the other hand, I saw "148+148" meseta in volcano hard from a cross burst. Right next to a "132+132" meseta.

GreenArcher
Oct 10, 2012, 06:54 PM
On the other hand, I saw "148+148" meseta in volcano hard from a cross burst. Right next to a "132+132" meseta.

This is due to meseta drop boosts, such as from the Meseta Fever Ability, PSE effects, or a boost ticket. You saw a drop of 132 meseta with a 100% meseta drop boost active.

my worries atm is our everyday nessecities item like mate and moon... i dont mind low drops or meseta... but if we gain lower than we spend on monomates... now that too much already...

Sounds like PSU launch days. We used to do Mad Creatures C runs just to get healing items :wacko:

Shirokami
Oct 10, 2012, 07:02 PM

That's still the same ammount of Meseta that dropped before.
And heck, it was during a Cross Burst.
Doesn't change the fact that bosses meseta drop wasn't even touched and it was all a lie.

Crystal_Shard
Oct 10, 2012, 07:46 PM
Sub in a Force or Techer subclass whenever you're low on cash, and give your mag that action where it produces mates once in a while. Until they decide to reverse this crazy decision or if we actually reach some kind of ideal meseta nirvana / equilibrium, this is probably the cheapest method to stay healed. You'll have to sacrifice your chosen subclass while doing so of course.

Shirokami
Oct 10, 2012, 07:51 PM
Sub in a Force or Techer subclass whenever you're low on cash, and give your mag that action where it produces mates once in a while. Until they decide to reverse this crazy decision or if we actually reach some kind of ideal meseta nirvana / equilibrium, this is probably the cheapest method to stay healed. You'll have to sacrifice your chosen subclass while doing so of course.

Yeah, that's what I did, I'm a level 1 subclass Force.
Grinding and adding abilities is now a big NOPE, this change was more than stupid.

Temprus
Oct 10, 2012, 08:17 PM
Yeah, I agree. With every other run, I lose more money than I made on restocking my healing inventory.

Sega is just... too much like Sega I guess. -_-;

Selphea
Oct 10, 2012, 08:22 PM
Sounds like they're paving the way for the ability (and need) to buy meseta with AC

Shirokami
Oct 10, 2012, 08:24 PM
Sounds like they're paving the way for the ability (and need) to buy meseta with AC

Exactly, the prices won't go down, oh no, but you'll have to use my shop to be able to last in this game.
So yeah, Sega just killed the game, let's see what they do to change it.

gigawuts
Oct 10, 2012, 08:40 PM

They already have: My Shop and AC Scratch.

Now they're just making it the only real way to make any cash.

Zeota
Oct 10, 2012, 08:42 PM
Gotta keep those gold-farming Chinamen at bay somehow. While I think the 4-hour limit on rooms may have sufficed, that wouldn't stop them from making another room once all the mobs stopped spawning in the last one. Making all 10-star items bind on pick-up also seems a bit extreme. I could understand ones that involved a series of quests to build it, but that's it. This game already has enough money sinks as it is.

Zyrusticae
Oct 10, 2012, 09:04 PM
That's still the same ammount of Meseta that dropped before.
And heck, it was during a Cross Burst.
Doesn't change the fact that bosses meseta drop wasn't even touched and it was all a lie.
Actually, I typically saw boss drops in the single digits before the update. Now usually most of them are 30-40 meseta.

That aside, if you're just more careful (or bring along force/techer teammates) you shouldn't have issues making a profit on every run, especially since emergency codes still give as much meseta as they give XP.

If you're just solo grinding and eating through mates you have no one to blame but yourself.

gravityvx
Oct 10, 2012, 09:23 PM
Weird, I've only ever really used monomates, dimates in MPA and they last for however long that's going...they drop often. Bosses on the other hand, have to pop trimate or two when I happen to get caught by something huge, and even then I tend to find a restock on the ground. The only thing I actually have to buy most of the time are telepipes, they seem to never drop and I used them often to clear my inventory & warehouse of weapons I picked up. Regardless, the huge amount they have reduced everything to is uncalled for.

Zyrusticae
Oct 10, 2012, 09:28 PM
I think the reduction is having its desired effect - clearly a lot more players are going to be considerably stingier with their money, which in turn will force prices to fall even before the meseta is sunk out of the economy entirely.

Though of course, if you want to grind/affix rares, you... well, you're probably better off not bothering. But it was always a bad idea to begin with considering the odds...

Crystal_Shard
Oct 10, 2012, 10:01 PM
Remains to be seen if the richest players - the ones who are driving up prices and probably playing the market - will actually drop their prices, or just leave them as they are. I'm betting on the latter.

For that matter, has there been any noticeable drop in MyShop prices across the board yet? Last I saw, there wasn't much change yet.

Rien
Oct 10, 2012, 10:04 PM
アリスティン +10

Back then: 4-5 million
Now: 21 million

[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/yCfIo.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Shirokami
Oct 10, 2012, 10:10 PM
Nah, prices will stay as they are, or maybe go down by a max of 10%.
People will now be forced to use My Shop.
End of story.
All they did is making money harder, so now money worths more, rares worths more, upgraded items prices will rocket...
The rich players owns this market, they won't bring down their prices.

Shuuya
Oct 10, 2012, 10:15 PM
I haven't check the Very Hard Mode since i'm still working with my Lv Cap quest,i've unlock it but i'm waiting for my team members to unlock it while helping them together.My guess is,the items on Very Hard mode could probably have "more meseta" than the current dungeons available.
(Note:it's just my intuition saying that way,i couldn't prove it since i haven't check it myself,My apologize if there's any mistake.)

The problem is,those who didn't use premium tickets or vending pass will absolutely find it so hard to making meseta,even my fellow members also feel it that way,but further update still on progress,i believe all of us will get benefit from Very Hard mode,soon enough.

Ah another note,stay away from Dudu with the current economy,unless you have millions in hand or feeling lucky.

I'm one of the market drivers in ship 9,and right now,only several items went up a bit,the rest could probably still the same way,but it is on ship 9.

That is what i think.

Polly
Oct 10, 2012, 10:15 PM
Nah, prices will stay as they are, or maybe go down by a max of 10%.
People will now be forced to use My Shop.
End of story.

THIS is the desired effect.

Gotta get dat AC! Free ride's over, now it's time to really drive the point home that you're playing a f2p game.

Crystal_Shard
Oct 10, 2012, 10:21 PM
アリスティン +10

Back then: 4-5 million
Now: 21 million

Oh swell. I wonder what will be Sega's response, or lack thereof.

Shirokami
Oct 10, 2012, 10:28 PM
Oh swell. I wonder what will be Sega's response, or lack thereof.

I doubt they'll change this.
They need money.

Crystal_Shard
Oct 10, 2012, 10:30 PM
They need money.

Hence the "...lack thereof" disclaimer. :3

I'm expecting a blissful silence from their direction.

Alenoir
Oct 10, 2012, 11:51 PM
For that matter, has there been any noticeable drop in MyShop prices across the board yet? Last I saw, there wasn't much change yet.

Unless red Miko have been dropping in price for the past week or so on ship 2, it's currently 3.6mil. Someone put one up for 3.5mil and it got brought, otherwise not moving.

Dextro
Oct 10, 2012, 11:58 PM
All they did is making money harder, so now money worths more, rares worths more, upgraded items prices will rocket...
The rich players owns this market, they won't bring down their prices.

None of us are lowering prices, in fact the prices will rise.
Grinders and craft items are at an all time high and only rising, and the demand for <9* Weapons and Units won't be as high.

We used to undercut each other for shits & giggles before, but as of late we'd just stick to a price and not budge even if nothing has sold for days.
This is because it's just not cost-effective to provide stuff for players to buy anymore, even more so now that a lot of players won't even have the money to spare.

If you want something, you'll have to hunt for it yourself and save up all your grinders and go to war with DuDu. The option of grinding for meseta and buying it directly from us vendors has been removed for the most part.

Chik'Tikka
Oct 11, 2012, 02:51 AM
None of us are lowering prices, in fact the prices will rise.
Grinders and craft items are at an all time high and only rising, and the demand for <9* Weapons and Units won't be as high.

We used to undercut each other for shits & giggles before, but as of late we'd just stick to a price and not budge even if nothing has sold for days.
This is because it's just not cost-effective to provide stuff for players to buy anymore, even more so now that a lot of players won't even have the money to spare.

If you want something, you'll have to hunt for it yourself and save up all your grinders and go to war with DuDu. The option of grinding for meseta and buying it directly from us vendors has been removed for the most part.

*looks at the cheapest デュエルゲイズ Duel Gaze+10 on the market that just won't sell, considers raising price with second 3 day shop pass*

+^_^+

IndigoNovember
Oct 11, 2012, 03:01 AM
Unless red Miko have been dropping in price for the past week or so on ship 2, it's currently 3.6mil. Someone put one up for 3.5mil and it got brought, otherwise not moving.

It's gone down from 4,714,000 at one point last week, though in reality it's only like 400,000 meseta cheaper than it was on release (4,000,000~).

Geistritter
Oct 11, 2012, 03:12 AM
There are quite a few bastards that buy out their competition and sell their stuff for higher prices. If anything, they're more likely to do this, because it'll force the other high rollers to throw their cash at them.

And with Doo-doo still being a fucking money vacuum, there's nothing but punishment in store for people who don't buy AC, it seems.

Courina
Oct 11, 2012, 04:04 AM
we can only wait from our JP friends to start some protest march front of sega office, mailbomb their mail with complaint, or anything that was happen when sky island still have meh drops and make sega fix it...

for any japanese player who read this... you are our only hope for us who cant speak japanese...http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Courius/Emo/T_T.gif

Rien
Oct 11, 2012, 04:41 AM
There are quite a few bastards that buy out their competition and sell their stuff for higher prices. If anything, they're more likely to do this, because it'll force the other high rollers to throw their cash at them.

And with Doo-doo still being a fucking money vacuum, there's nothing but punishment in store for people who don't buy AC, it seems.

"Quite" isn't the word.

"Many" is more like it.

I say among the 1,000,000 of us, there's 20,000 of us on ship 2, and of those people 2-3,000 of them can keep buyin' (RMTers included)

Shirokami
Oct 11, 2012, 05:31 AM
Hey now, this is totally like Rohan online!
Sad exp, not enough money to buy potions, refining is out of discussion, yeah, hardcore grind your soul!

Dextro
Oct 11, 2012, 05:50 AM
You only need to look at the price of the Miku dresses at release to see that somethings wrong...
There's no way that those things should be the same price or higher than something thats also a rare a.c. drop but out of rotation like the wedding dresses!

Believe me though, they won't go down for 2 reasons mainly:
1) You think the rich care if your income has been slashed? There's more than enough money in circulation for someone else to still buy up 4m items of clothing, it's not like everyone will boycott and stop buying them till they drop to 2mil.....
I mean...you might do that, but only because it's the only option you have, which leads to #2..

2) This game is all about aesthetics and exclusivity, people LOVE that you can't keep up with the cost of buying the luxury items, it makes them feel that much more special for being rich enough to have one and strutt around the lobby. Just like irl - you'd feel that your designer item just feels common and tacky if a bazillion other people have it too.

CelestialBlade
Oct 11, 2012, 06:11 AM
So let's summarize!

- Your average player can barely afford healing items anymore
- The rich continue to hoard their stuff and actually raise their prices so they remain rich, apparently not caring if their stuff even sells
- Said rich-asshat tactics only circulate existing money amongst the rich, causing the rest of us to become poorer
- New players will never be able to participate in the economy unless they buy AC

So basically, Sega played off the aspects of the rich that made them rich, betting they'll continue the selfish tactics that got them there, thus forcing the rest of the population into buying AC if they ever want to see a new cosmetic item again. Well played, Sega, well played.

The free population as it stands won't last for another month or two.

dias_flac_0g
Oct 11, 2012, 07:31 AM
So let's summarize!

- Your average player can barely afford healing items anymore
- The rich continue to hoard their stuff and actually raise their prices so they remain rich, apparently not caring if their stuff even sells
- Said rich-asshat tactics only circulate existing money amongst the rich, causing the rest of us to become poorer
- New players will never be able to participate in the economy unless they buy AC

So basically, Sega played off the aspects of the rich that made them rich, betting they'll continue the selfish tactics that got them there, thus forcing the rest of the population into buying AC if they ever want to see a new cosmetic item again. Well played, Sega, well played.

The free population as it stands won't last for another month or two.

Is paying a lil bit really THAT bad? The way I see it is if you dont want to invest any real money into a FREE game that was GIVEN to you for FREE then you have no right to complain.

If we are going by social class now then I sit around the middle class. Not poor but not rich either.

I have not spent more than 30 dollars on this game since it was released. Now if you think about it 30 bucks isn't ****. Especially if you have a job or some type of income. The game is FREE and I have enjoyed it VERY much so giving Sega a lil bit of my money doesn't hurt since i'm actually having a good time with their product.

Now, if you know what you are doing 30 bucks can get you great gear and some nice clothes (if you are a female char). Right now I have the best spear and sword money can buy along with the best Hu units in the game (the 8* ones) fully grinded with all the "must have" abilities this goes for both my spear and sword as well along with having my spear at 50fire and my sword now at 30dark. Now you know how expensive that is.

So seriously people that complain about not having any money and having crappy gear don't really have a right to complain. People who just want to play for FREE shouldn't have the luxury of having the best stuff in the game, period.

I'm the perfect example that you dont need to spend a TON of money on this game to get nice things. Just a little bit of your money (mostly to buy a shop VERY important) will get you VERY far.

Ezodagrom
Oct 11, 2012, 07:33 AM
Is paying a lil bit really THAT bad? The way I see it is if you dont want to invest any real money into a FREE game that was GIVEN to you for FREE then you have no right to complain.

If we are going by social class now then I sit around the middle class. Not poor but not rich either.

I have not spent more than 30 dollars on this game since it was released. Now if you think about it 30 bucks isn't ****. Especially if you have a job or some type of income. The game is FREE and I have enjoyed it VERY much so giving Sega a lil bit of my money doesn't hurt since i'm actually having a good time with their product.

Now, if you know what you are doing 30 bucks can get you great gear and some nice clothes (if you are a female char). Right now I have the best spear and sword money can buy along with the best Hu units in the game (the 8* ones) fully grinded with all the "must have" abilities this goes for both my spear and sword as well along with having my spear at 50fire and my sword now at 30dark. Now you know how expensive that is.

So seriously people that complain about not having any money and having crappy gear don't really have a right to complain. People who just want to play for FREE shouldn't have the luxury of having the best stuff in the game, period.

I'm the perfect example that you dont need to spend a TON of money on this game to get nice things. Just a little bit of your money (mostly to buy a shop VERY important) will get you VERY far.
I wouldn't mind giving money to SEGA if at least I could buy what I want, instead of having to rely in the RNG.

Aegea
Oct 11, 2012, 07:53 AM

Sorry, not spending any money for what is essentially a scratch-off ticket. Even other F2P games don't stoop to that level.

Enforcer MKV
Oct 11, 2012, 08:07 AM
Sorry, not spending any money for what is essentially a scratch-off ticket. Even other F2P games don't stoop to that level.

Then again, there are plenty of permanent, non-roulette items, such as inventory space, extra talent pages, mag licenses...

Not everything in this game revolves around chance.

All this being said, I'd spend a little bit of money on things if I had the means; not everyone has those means, however.

Slidikins
Oct 11, 2012, 08:43 AM
Even other F2P games don't stoop to that level.You've never heard of ZT Online...

Anyway, I'm a Premium user. I'm not a "rich asshat" (well, not in-game) but I do enjoy the benefits of Premium. I paid $15 per month of WoW (after buying the game and expansions). I paid $10 per month for PSU initally (and got banned for it). I don't see a problem tossing $15 a month for Premium here in PSO2, especially since I'm not really buying other entertainment at home. The game was free, so that's like 4 months free in my book.

Now, you don't have to buy AC Scratches to make money. FC drops sell for like, 300 meseta. In a player shop you could sell them for 1050 minimum and it sells. People need Mag food. People need affixes. Put Power III on a 1* item and sell it. Sure if you want to get rich quick you might need some AC Scratches to get whatever kawaii costume is the current rave, but paying enough for a My Shop (not even all of premium!) would allow anyone to participate in the economy.

Shirokami
Oct 11, 2012, 08:50 AM

Can't buy AC, got no methods available to do so.

Zyrusticae
Oct 11, 2012, 08:59 AM
Man, I don't even give a toss anymore. I don't buy those overpriced themed outfits, I don't buy those overpriced rares - I'm sitting on 8m meseta right now and I'm just not even bothering to spend any of it because, hey, why should I?

Frankly, it's better to just keep trying to farm for rares and maybe, eventually, after a lot of time, you'll be able to buy one off the market if the RNG is THAT bad for you... but they're not even that great in the first place, particularly considering 5 or 6* uncommons are only a slight amount weaker and cost a fraction of the price.

Slidikins
Oct 11, 2012, 09:04 AM
Man, I don't even give a toss anymore. I don't buy those overpriced themed outfits, I don't buy those overpriced rares - I'm sitting on 8m meseta right now and I'm just not even bothering to spend any of it because, hey, why should I?

Frankly, it's better to just keep trying to farm for rares and maybe, eventually, after a lot of time, you'll be able to buy one off the market if the RNG is THAT bad for you... but they're not even that great in the first place, particularly considering 5 or 6* uncommons are only a slight amount weaker and cost a fraction of the price.That's pretty much how I feel, and the one time I stepped out of that philosophy I lost 1-2 mil trying to grind up an 8* weapon (to no avail, mind you) and send back to my 5*.

But... 10* items seem to have godly grind rates. マダムノアマガサ, the 10* umbrella Sword, goes from 446 S-atk to 843 at +10. マジカルウォンド, the 10* heart Wand, goes from 270/285 S-atk/T-atk to 513/541 according to one of the wikis (or 580/585... the wiki contradicts itself). Assuming you magically get it to +10, other released items don't even compare right now. Hopefully 6*s change that. Hopefully.

[Ayumi]
Oct 11, 2012, 09:10 AM

Frankly, it's better to just keep trying to farm for rares and maybe, eventually, after a lot of time, you'll be able to buy one off the market if the RNG is THAT bad for you... but they're not even that great in the first place, particularly considering 5 or 6* uncommons are only a slight amount weaker and cost a fraction of the price.

My problem is a bit different as I have no problem hunting for my own rares.
The only things I would buy here and there would be a disc I just can't get because the game gives me 5000000000 of let's say Megid level 10 when I want Zonde level 10 or something.
And then the clothes and/or accessories as I obviously can't hunt those in a mission.

dias_flac_0g
Oct 11, 2012, 09:24 AM

Though I understand that, but if you actual READ my post you would have noticed that I never mention the use of the scratch tickets...

You dont get "my shops" from there ^^;

That's all you really need to get rich (a shop) if you know what you're doing.

[Ayumi]
Oct 11, 2012, 09:28 AM
Though I understand that, but if you actual READ my post you would have noticed that I never mention the use of the scratch tickets...

You dont get "my shops" from there ^^;

That's all you really need to get rich (a shop) if you know what you're doing.

How does that help with those in this situation though?

Can't buy AC, got no methods available to do so.

dias_flac_0g
Oct 11, 2012, 09:32 AM
;2868390']How does that help with those in this situation though?

The first time I bought AC was through the official site (back when they allowed us to buy AC with our normal debit/credit cards). The Second time was with Webmoney. It was a rather easy and painless experience. It was a lil more expensive though.

Raven5_1
Oct 11, 2012, 09:36 AM
Um... as an outsider looking in(waiting for the EU/NA release), this whole thing is scaring me off to a degree.

I play games for fun and stress relief and I'm on a limited income. to me this is sounding more and more like Grind like crazy to win or Pay to Win/Pay to look good, than Free to Play.

it's probably unfounded concerns, as I haven't played the game and have no real experience with what's going on but still... you guys make it sound as if PSO2 is not fun unless you have cash.

BIG OLAF
Oct 11, 2012, 09:38 AM
Oh, you can have plenty of fun without exorbitant amounts of meseta....

....it's just that the super-rich people will be having much more fun than you.

Shirokami
Best payment method is and will always be through cellphone.
It's safe, fast, don't have to put your CC number anywhere, etc.

[Ayumi]
Um... as an outsider looking in(waiting for the EU/NA release), this whole thing is scaring me off to a degree.

I play games for fun and stress relief and I'm on a limited income. to me this is sounding more and more like Grind like crazy to win or Pay to Win/Pay to look good, than Free to Play.

it's probably unfounded concerns, as I haven't played the game and have no real experience with what's going on but still... you guys make it sound as if PSO2 is not fun unless you have cash.

That's a bit of how it's sounding now.

Slidikins
Oct 11, 2012, 09:43 AM
I play games for fun and stress relief and I'm on a limited income. to me this is sounding more and more like Grind like crazy to win or Pay to Win/Pay to look good, than Free to Play.Others may disagree with me, but here are my two cents (again):

Pay to win? No. Common items can be almost as good as rares and easier to upgrade. You can just about find everything you need, or you can buy it from other shops without much of a problem. You gain FUN from playing often and can get a My Shop (3 Day) ticket from the FUN Scratch. If you store big-ticket finds, you can fill your wallet a bit during those 3 days quite easily. Without the boost you're not lost, but it may feel like a grind hunting for things or building meseta to buy that shiny Power III off the shops.

Pay to look good? Perhaps. Unlike the useful stuff in the game, popular costumes, hairstyles, rare items sell for metric craptons of meseta. You'll have to grind or shell out if you want all the vanity items the game throws at you.

Otherwise, you get a pretty good deal for F2P. Sure, you get one chance at everything (1 character, 1 skill tree per class, 1 mag, etc.) so you're not as free to experiment, but other than that there really isn't anything you can't do outside of vanity. You might not have Spirit Boost on every piece of gear, but that won't prevent you from killing bosses in the slightest.

Eternal255
Oct 11, 2012, 09:56 AM
Dont like it go farm your own damn items.

Dont like the AC idea, go make your own damn game. Make it as good as this one both graphically and gameplay/content wise. Make an amazing game that is absolutely free to play. Completely free, no fees, nothing.

Go, do it.

Aren't capable, or just dont want to spend time with no returns? Then quit complaining with what sega does with this game if you dont spend ANY money to play it.

The market prices will drop if you guys stop buying useless shit for such high prices. You dont need every costume that exists. And you cant even buy the "best" weapons and armor anymore, nor do u need to buy fully affixed weapons and units. So go farm your own shit, and only buy what is necessary. Meseta has absolutely nothing to do with how much fun you have. I have 2 mil meseta right now that im not using on anything (becuz there really isnt anything i need)

If you disagree and wish to keep buying said items, then don't complain about how expensive they are... I want a Aston Martin, but they're too damn expensive.

[Ayumi]
Oct 11, 2012, 09:58 AM
Dont like it go farm your own damn items.

Dont like the AC idea, go make your own damn game. Make it as good as this one both graphically and gameplay/content wise. Make an amazing game that is absolutely free to play. Completely free, no fees, nothing.

Go, do it.

Aren't capable, or just dont want to spend time with no returns? Then quit complaining with what sega does with this game if you dont spend ANY money to play it.

The market prices will drop if you guys stop buying useless shit for such high prices. You dont need every costume that exists. And you cant even buy the "best" weapons and armor anymore, nor do u need to buy fully affixed weapons and units. So go farm your own shit, and only buy what is necessary. Meseta has absolutely nothing to do with how much fun you have. I have 2 mil meseta right now that im not using on anything (becuz there really isnt anything i need)

If you disagree and wish to keep buying said items, then don't complain about how expensive they are... I want a Aston Martin, but they're too damn expensive.

Always find this comment for anything, very funny.

"Don't like dirty clothes? Don't wear them!"

Eternal255
Oct 11, 2012, 10:06 AM
;2868411']Always find this comment for anything, very funny.

"Don't like dirty clothes? Don't wear them!"

I love how people who don't have a valid response to said statements, respond in this matter.

Seriously, there are hundreds of other free games out there. Go play one of those if you don't like this one. It's as simple as that.

Besides, 90% of us are breaking TOA by playing this game, so we have no say anyway.

edit: For the record, I dont like the nerf to money. I don't even buy drinks at the shop anymore becuz they cost nearly half of your income per return on full inventory. But I still like this game so I'm playing it as is.

But I never bought any of those overpriced items before anyway.

Shirokami
Oct 11, 2012, 10:10 AM
I love how people who don't have a valid response to said statements, respond in this matter.

Seriously, there are hundreds of other free games out there. Go play one of those if you don't like this one. It's as simple as that.

Besides, 90% of us are breaking TOA by playing this game, so we have no say anyway.

edit: For the record, I dont like the nerf to money. I don't even buy drinks at the shop anymore becuz they cost nearly half of your income per return on full inventory. But I still like this game so I'm playing it as is.

Drinks are more expensive than a return with my inventory full.

Eternal255
Oct 11, 2012, 10:13 AM

Where are you farming? I was returning with around 6k in hard cave and 9-10k in FC per full inventory (39 items to sell)

NoiseHERO
Oct 11, 2012, 10:17 AM

Japanese player base doesn't sound much happy about this either from what I hear.

(How the hell are people thinking it's worth defending these terrible game "changes?" @_@)

Alenoir
Oct 11, 2012, 10:17 AM

Start breaking containers instead of ignoring them. I was picking up 200~300 meseta per container coin on Catadoransa while doing my team CO/cap raise item collect.

Shirokami
Oct 11, 2012, 10:18 AM
Start breaking containers instead of ignoring them. I was picking up 200~300 meseta per container coin on Catadoransa while doing my team CO/cap raise item collect.

I break all the containers, once I got 200 from one of them! Was awesome <3

Alenoir
Oct 11, 2012, 10:21 AM
I break all the containers, once I got 200 from one of them! Was awesome <3

It seems that the meseta gotten from the containers have raised slightly since the update, so yeah. >> My partymates kinda all went "wait, we're picking up more meseta than selling these weapons".

[Ayumi]
Oct 11, 2012, 10:26 AM
It seems that the meseta gotten from the containers have raised slightly since the update, so yeah. >> My partymates kinda all went "wait, we're picking up more meseta than selling these weapons".

I don't think it was raised personally as it seems to be the same amount I used to get everytime I opened boxes (which is all the time mind you)

Eternal255
Oct 11, 2012, 10:27 AM
still waitin on boss meseta drop increase -.-

when i started getting into this game more seriously though, the meseta acquire rate was terrible. it made the game entertaining to play, however, becuz you would see all these people with crazy looking weapons and items (even those shitty 7* items) and be like "man i want one of those"

then you hit hard mode and can buy everything....

Slidikins
Oct 11, 2012, 10:32 AM
(How the hell are people thinking it's worth defending these terrible game "changes?" @_@)I don't agree with the changes. I actually don't agree with most of the systems in place in PSO2. But they aren't as crippling as most people make them out to be and I discourage all of the whining that's been on the board since the official launch. I don't want to defend the "changes," but some people cry about the most asinine things.

NoiseHERO
Oct 11, 2012, 10:34 AM
I don't agree with the changes. I actually don't agree with most of the systems in place in PSO2. But they aren't as crippling as most people make them out to be and I discourage all of the whining that's been on the board since the official launch. I don't want to defend the "changes," but some people cry about the most asinine things.

I think this time, it IS worh whining about.

it doesn't bug me to quit, and we've been hit plenty of unfriendly news in the past, and I'm always the first to tell people they're being butthurt for no reason.

But I think this one was a pretty big deal.

I say "was" because even JP players complained about it enough to get sakai to "change" it within 24 hours.

Shirokami
Oct 11, 2012, 10:35 AM
http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=503

YAY!

Eternal255
Oct 11, 2012, 10:36 AM
I say "was" because even JP players complained about it enough to get sakai to "change" it within 24 hours.

what did he change?

NoiseHERO
Oct 11, 2012, 10:37 AM
Look at the emergency maintenance thread, or the post above yours.

Eternal255
Oct 11, 2012, 10:41 AM
Look at the emergency maintenance thread, or the post above yours.

oh, changing experience rates. lame, i kinda liked it

i hope they at least do something similar as they did in PSO1 (levels after 150 required an increasing amount of xp, but you were basically able to use everything/survive any zone around that level anyway).

hittin max level and farming for only items is kinda lame D:

Slidikins
Oct 11, 2012, 10:44 AM
I think this time, it IS worth whining about.To a degree. I'm completely in the same boat when it comes to "decreased NPC prices" being horrible. 300 a pop for items that used to fetch 1100+? Terrible, but I wasn't doing much which my meseta anyway... wait, you still want me to pay 21,000 to tekk an item I probably don't even want? (Oh hay, it was a Rappy Cannon with seemingly no element despite the patch notes saying it would have a 25-50 element...). Yeah. I can whine about that, so I won't get on peoples' cases there.

But "The economy is doomed! I was going to get Premium but nooope, no point now! New players can't buy a thing!" That's hogwash and extreme.

But luckily, it's almost all in the past? So I'm done with my lil crusade about hysterics.

Shirokami
Oct 11, 2012, 11:01 AM
To a degree. I'm completely in the same boat when it comes to "decreased NPC prices" being horrible. 300 a pop for items that used to fetch 1100+? Terrible, but I wasn't doing much which my meseta anyway... wait, you still want me to pay 21,000 to tekk an item I probably don't even want? (Oh hay, it was a Rappy Cannon with seemingly no element despite the patch notes saying it would have a 25-50 element...). Yeah. I can whine about that, so I won't get on peoples' cases there.

But "The economy is doomed! I was going to get Premium but nooope, no point now! New players can't buy a thing!" That's hogwash and extreme.

But luckily, it's almost all in the past? So I'm done with my lil crusade about hysterics.

Well, they said they'll do something so we can only wait.

CelestialBlade
Oct 11, 2012, 11:22 AM
It's not about being a cheapass. I'd gladly support Sega financially if the AC Scratch wasn't a blatant gambling-based ripoff and if they'd lay off the blatant underhanded tactics. I love this game at its core, and sure, I don't need big shiny items from the player shop to enjoy it. But I'm not willing to financially support a company when they're actively trying to ruin a game. I can't justify it.

It'd be different if it were "Wow, look at that player, those are some sweet-ass duds! How'd they get them? Oh, you got them from the cash shop? Cool, I'm willing to drop some cash on that." I have no problem with systems like that and I love the idea behind them. PSO2 isn't like that. I can't buy what I want. They want me to pay for a *chance* at getting what I want and I can't even profit in-game off stuff I don't want because of the huge meseta-value disparity. What I want could be 200yen, 5000yen, or theoretically a million yen. I have bills to pay, I'm not throwing my real money at a bass-ackwards random number generator.

Now, I could buy a shop, sure. That's easy enough. Could find some nice 9* and put it out there. Oh, but all the stuff that's worth selling is AC Scratch unless you find CERTAIN 8-9*s, and I can't even sell 10*s. Oh, and the aforementioned dirty tactics like making the rich richer intentionally under the poor guise of "reducing inflation". Yeah, how about no.

Until those problems go away (aka never), I see no reason why I should throw a dime at the game. Their decision to go F2P is basically telling me "You're only obligated to pay if you enjoy the game, what we're doing, and you have your eye on a few exclusive items". Seeing as I don't meet all those criteria, I ain't bothering. I love PSO2 but I have no problem playing another F2P game where I can at least buy what I want to make the game enjoyable for myself. I don't care, make it $40 freaking dollars, just give me a choice.

Macman
Oct 11, 2012, 12:10 PM

You support P2W then?

Eternal255
Oct 11, 2012, 12:14 PM
You support P2W then?

this game is far from p2w. spend your meseta better. ive not spent a dime (cash money) on this game (yet. i will soon though when theyre done with the economic changes and things settle down a bit) and i find myself "winning" [by my definition] quite a bit.

and what exactly are we "Winning" anyway? i dont recall this game ever having anything to do with winning. its always been a farm/grind and buy/trade shit since the dreamcast days (well, minus all the game sharks and such). not much "winning" involved in that.

ShinMaruku
Oct 11, 2012, 12:16 PM
Very few games are pay to win (Aside from EA games those EA fucks are grimy bastards)

Enforcer MKV
Oct 11, 2012, 12:23 PM
bass-ackwards

Have I ever told you you're one of my favorite people on this site?

This is one of the reasons why. XD

Tenlade
Oct 11, 2012, 12:30 PM
You support P2W then?

Here lemme just condence this user's post into the two key points you need to know.

I have not spent more than 30 dollars on this game since it was released....

....People who just want to play for FREE shouldn't have the luxury of having the best stuff in the game, period.

You see,you free to play plebeians don't deserve to be on the same level as us middle class AC buyers. We can't have our own feeling of surpiroity taken away by the fact that maybe someone might be enjoying the game or have an easy time when they didnt spend as much as we do. If they can't get a working japanese credit card or overcharged webmoney, then clearly they are greedy jerks who think they deserve everything for free.

(for refrence, i have bought AC and am pretty much never doign it again. the market is terrible contrary to a few lucky one's personal anecdotes)

Eternal255
Oct 11, 2012, 12:47 PM
AC buyers SHOULD be elitists. (I have not bought AC)

dias_flac_0g
Oct 11, 2012, 01:41 PM
Here lemme just condence this user's post into the two key points you need to know.

You see,you free to play plebeians don't deserve to be on the same level as us middle class AC buyers. We can't have our own feeling of surpiroity taken away by the fact that maybe someone might be enjoying the game or have an easy time when they didnt spend as much as we do. If they can't get a working japanese credit card or overcharged webmoney, then clearly they are greedy jerks who think they deserve everything for free.

(for refrence, i have bought AC and am pretty much never doign it again. the market is terrible contrary to a few lucky one's personal anecdotes)

It also basically means stop your bitching about being broke all the time aswell.

Also, I have no clue as why most of the posts towards me have "AC Scartch" all over them when I never even mention that in my post. I guess people just wanna ignore the facts and make shit up for the sake of an argument.

Fact is, if you dont have a "My Shop" (which was the WHOLE point of my first post) there's really no easy way or efficient way to make money in this game. It is what it is, period.

It's one of those you either take it or leave it type deals.

I personally dont have any problems with it. It's fair IMO. This is coming from someone who has played ever pso/psu and those games were pay to play, you had to buy the game and pay a monthly subscription. PSO2 on the other hand is completely free, yet you are here crying because you can't have it all? Sakai needs to eat after all :)

Like I said i've only spent 30 bucks on this game so far and have been pretty "rich" with my two shops. You just have to know how to get the best out of your shop during the 30 day period that you have it for.

If you can't afford 1000ac (700 ac for a shop) which is around 16 dollars (webmoney) then you must be one broke ass guy irl. With that I cannot help you ^^;

Ezodagrom
Oct 11, 2012, 01:55 PM
It also basically means stop your bitching about being broke all the time aswell.

Also, I have no clue as why most of the posts towards me have "AC Scartch" all over them when I never even mention that in my post. I guess people just wanna ignore the facts and make shit up for the sake of an argument.

Fact is, if you dont have a "My Shop" (which was the WHOLE point of my first post) there's really no easy way or efficient way to make money in this game. It is what it is, period.

It's one of those you either take it or leave it type deals.

I personally dont have any problems with it. It's fair IMO. This is coming from someone who has played ever pso/psu and those games were pay to play, you had to buy the game and pay a monthly subscription. PSO2 on the other hand is completely free, yet you are here crying because you can't have it all? Sakai needs to eat after all :)

Like I said i've only spent 30 bucks on this game so far and have been pretty "rich" with my two shops. You just have to know how to get the best out of your shop during the 30 day period that you have it for.

If you can't afford 1000ac (700 ac for a shop) which is around 16 dollars (webmoney) then you must be one broke ass guy irl. With that I cannot help you ^^;
Well, you first mentioned just buying AC, you mentioned supporting SEGA, you didn't say if it was for my shop or for anything else.
In my case, I don't care about having trading, my shop, or even a room, the only thing I would care about getting with AC would be AC clothes, but I'm not willing to buy those through a lottery.
Oh, and having a my shop doesn't make someone automatically get meseta, what about players that don't have anything worth selling in a shop.

Eternal255
Oct 11, 2012, 01:56 PM

Also, I have no clue as why most of the posts towards me have "AC Scartch" all over them when I never even mention that in my post. I guess people just wanna ignore the facts and make shit up for the sake of an argument.....

12 y/o's whos parents buy em things that play free games cuz free and complain theyre not as good as the 20+ year olds with jobs and bills to pay.

but yeah, i love how everyone assumes the only reason to buy AC is for the scratch... here's what im going to be spending $25 on AC:

-premium for 1 month [sell some things, plus i miss my room :P]
-extra mag (becuz my mags stats suck with the now subclasses & lvl 50 stuff...) 86 r-def on a fighter is unnecessary now xD

if anything extra:
-extra skill sheet for fighter/techer
-extra inventory space items (since they're permanent, and very useful, especially if you carry a lot of weapons)

and in the future ill probably only buy my-shops when i need em.

I wont EVER buy an AC scratch. I would rather grind up the meseta for an item, even if it costs 10mil

Well, you first mentioned just buying AC, you didn't say if it was for my shop or for anything else.
In my case, I don't care about having trading, my shop, or even a room, the only thing I would care about getting with AC would be AC clothes, but I'm not willing to buy those through a lottery.
Oh, and having a my shop doesn't make someone automatically get meseta, what about players that don't have anything worth selling in a shop.

step 1) farm items that you could sell [items with souls, good abilities, etc. rares arent the only money makers here]
step 2) buy shop after you have said items saved up, and sell them
step 3) repeat step 1 until your 30 days are over

curious, though. when you buy an AC scratch, dont you get more than 1? or is it 200 Yen for EACH scratch you buy?

Zyrusticae
Oct 11, 2012, 02:13 PM
I used to be a whiny entitled freeloader, too.

Then I got a job.

Now I bitch about the whiny entitled freeloaders while spending a hundred dollars on a video game!

My, how things change...

Cranberry
Oct 11, 2012, 02:21 PM
I logged on today and was rather stunned at just how little money I got from selling spare equipment to NPCs. I'm only level 10 and that was my only real way of making money. I've been trying to save up in the hopes of buying a new costume from a shop. Such a sharp reduction has really crippled my meseta income.

Tenlade
Oct 11, 2012, 02:24 PM

If you can't afford 1000ac (700 ac for a shop) which is around 16 dollars (webmoney) then you must be one broke ass guy irl. With that I cannot help you

Ah man, those poor people what a bunch of idiots am i right? I mean, come on, all they have to do is get a myshop and buy things. Hey it worked for me, which means it will be the exact same experience for everyone else right?. And come on, there's no way reducing the amount of income players can have from other means might affect the demand and how many people will actually buy stuff from thier shops.

God, why cant every single person do things my way? its the only correct way after all.

gravityvx
Oct 11, 2012, 02:43 PM
This argument...

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r147/Thatguyobliv/facepalm_o_323700.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Alenoir
Oct 11, 2012, 02:48 PM
curious, though. when you buy an AC scratch, dont you get more than 1? or is it 200 Yen for EACH scratch you buy?

Depends on how much you're willing to spend? If you only do one scratch, worst case scenario you're stuck with a +100% Rare Item Boost or +100% EXP Boost and can't sell them, otherwise everything can go into the market for 80k+.

Edit: Oops misunderstood the question, but yes, it's 200 AC per scratch on the normal side. The gold version that only spits out cloths is 500 AC per.

Zyrusticae
Oct 11, 2012, 02:55 PM
And come on, there's no way reducing the amount of income players can have from other means might affect the demand and how many people will actually buy stuff from thier shops.
That's the whole point of the change in the first place.

If this actually happens, mission accomplished!

BIG OLAF
Oct 11, 2012, 03:03 PM
Well, I noticed the market for big-ticket items is much more dead than it usually is. I'm thinking players don't want to spend any accumulated wealth at the moment, for fear that replacing it would be nigh impossible....which it would be at present, with vendor prices severely gimped.

Courina
Oct 11, 2012, 06:26 PM
or just they have expired 3 days shop ticket and dont wanna be bothered / dont have spare ticket to change the price

Eternal255
Oct 11, 2012, 07:26 PM
Well, I noticed the market for big-ticket items is much more dead than it usually is. I'm thinking players don't want to spend any accumulated wealth at the moment, for fear that replacing it would be nigh impossible....which it would be at present, with vendor prices severely gimped.

and then comes the drop in prices of items in shops becuz AC paying players are losing real cash not making any meseta by just holding onto them.

this WILL drop prices. im sure this is exactly what sega was thinking.

i want a +20% ability affix item. i was gonna buy one til i found out about the nerf. decided to wait. holding onto my 2 mil til prices of em drop. if they dont, well my items can go with 1-2 affix over 3 just fine and those AC players can hold onto their shit.

Stormwalker
Oct 11, 2012, 08:33 PM
Speaking as one of those Premium-paying players who runs a shop (I don't have big money, but that's because I always spent it as fast as I made it! Mostly on costumes. Also because I refuse to price-gouge on things like tech discs; I know a few of you have bought high level tech disks from my shop for cheap, and I hope you're using them and not reselling them!), I am still making money in this new economy, but not as fast as I was, and I too am having to learn to be more frugal.

I do believe prices will drop. In fact, for some items, they are already dropping (though there are some items, like grinders, that are only going to get more expensive!); I had to remove and re-list a 9* wand twice, lowering the price each time yesterday before it finally sold at half the price I originally listed it for. The reason for the price drops? I was being dramatically undercut... not by one or two players, but by many players.

But I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing. As long as Sega is willing to actively monitor the state of things and take action if it starts to spiral off in a bad direction, I'm OK with it. Time, I suppose, will tell.

Mike
Oct 11, 2012, 08:36 PM
The reason for the price drops? I was being dramatically undercut... not by one or two players, but by many players.
This is the way it worked pre-patch.

Alenoir
Oct 11, 2012, 09:51 PM
The problem was, ever since the new class patch, price for a lot of things have sky rocketed. I don't know if it was because of new players or what, but things were increasing in price at an alarming rate. Ship 2, at the very least.

Rien
Oct 11, 2012, 09:54 PM
I find it funny that things are increasing in price BECAUSE of the patch rather than going down.

Edit: Mainly for the things I'm interested in.

Arika
Oct 11, 2012, 10:04 PM
AC items will always get their price higher and higher by each update, since they are limited time items.

However, for the in-game weapon and gear, whenever anything better release, old stuff drop their price.
Oboro become only 1 mil now, and Takunada become only 2 mil now. the old 5* tier 2 double saber that used to be 90k+ are reduce only 20k now. (same with all other kind of 5* weapon that price only 3k-5k instead of the previous 30k)

I think this is the kind economy you can expect for the rest of the game. well.. common in MMO tho. and in RL too.
-Top-tier item = very expensive
-older item that is weaker = drop price.
-limited item = price increase over time.

Drekko
Oct 13, 2012, 03:00 PM
Well, after playing for the last 3 days with the new vendor sell prices.....

I can safely say, Sega unbalanced the game themselves.

Forget about the prices of my shop, I always found them to be whacked (especially after the New Power update.) The problem is how to survive and have the equipment for dps.

Straight up, to get good dps from any weapon you need to grind your gear and have certain stats on said gear for each class. Considering the RNG for DouDo, there's no way for new players to get good gear period.

I know someone is going to say farm for the good gear, but here's my counter, if you can't survive an area there's no way to farm, and the price for moons, it's counter productive. Especially considering all the old players are playing the new content, so new players are left hanging. They are stuck with a single player game until lvl 25 (give or take).

Second problem with how things are is that, the whole sub class feature becomes worthless, because the only choice you have is to pick either FO or TE as your sub so you can have access to heal. It defeats the purpose of having any of the other combinations. Yeah, you can give your mag the heal item production ability, but then you be replacing one of the other abilities that are worth having over said ability.

Someone is going to say, you can pick up heal items from crates and enemies.... Has anyone really have done that and not use the npc to buy items to replenish? Cause the most common item that is drop is momates and standard grinders. The drop rate for dimates and trimates is low.

Boss fights alone will force you to use heal items, there's no way to avoid that.

In short, Sega broke the system themselves. In its current form, the game will not be enjoyable to new players, it's too much of a grind for this game. The only people who will be successful in this game atm is what the japanese like to call Hikomoris.

Yes, I know someone will try to counter that with AC, but realistically, do you really want to be spending RM just to survive in this game?

Yes, I have played other F2P games.... like RF-Online, and I was a Armor Rider class in that game, if anyone knows what that is.

Zyrusticae
Oct 13, 2012, 03:51 PM
^- Your worries are premature; the prices for consumables and grinding will be lowered next week after maintenance (probably by the same 80% ratio).

eharima
Oct 13, 2012, 05:40 PM
What. Sega tore down the market by putting in 6* & 8* rares that out class everything by miles....
And even a party of lv1 base equip players can burn up the forest witb ease.

When Sega built the game they only test with base character and equips, they're awfull as seen in every preview video and its why the game is so easy and everything melts in mpa.

There is literally no reason to solo., unless ta (impossible?) Or story mode.
12player party = 12x FUN
Inb4opinions.

And to be fair, EVERY phantasy star is hardest in the beginning.
*nostalgia pso1 starting off. Woah

Drekko
Oct 13, 2012, 11:06 PM
^- Your worries are premature; the prices for consumables and grinding will be lowered next week after maintenance (probably by the same 80% ratio).

I guess, but the damage has been done. It's not like they can reverse player opinion.

Have you not read comments from people who are waiting for this game to be release in NA/EU? They're being put off by what's going on.

Also if you think the inflation is bad on the JP servers wait till the NA/EU server goes live. That's going to be maybe 10x, 20x worse.

Yes, it is true that the game is rather easy cause everthing is based on base stats, but would you really go through a game, any game without upgrading your gear to the max possible stats? I already know your going to say no.

Right now, any attempts at balance, is meaningless, unless there's access to capable gear and items.

This game needs to prevent itself from entering that standard Asian MMO practice of hard and long grind for reward. Especially, if they really plan on having this game survive in NA/EU.

We will see what happens, but already it's hard to play this game much cause of lack of end game and with this games current economy, it's just making it worse.

gigawuts
Oct 13, 2012, 11:08 PM
The concerning thing is that they thought this was the course of action to take in the first place; instead of making people want to spend their excess money on things they just cut off the supply and said fuck the market.

Stormwalker
Oct 14, 2012, 10:58 AM
Right now, any attempts at balance, is meaningless, unless there's access to capable gear and items.

What are you talking about? I bought a 6* double saber -- certainly capable gear -- for 10k just two days ago. I put a 6* knuckle up on my shop yesterday for the whopping price of TWO THOUSAND MESETA.

I got a 9* twin machine gun drop yesterday and decided to keep it rather than sell it--even though I can't use it yet--because the market price was TOO LOW for me to justify putting it up for sale over keeping it for when I get around to levelling gunner!

I bought a full set of the new 4* striking units (the spiked set) for 30k total, and could have had them cheaper except I shelled out extra to get ones that already each had Quartz Soul and at least one other good ability on them.

This is all capable gear, all available reasonably cheap. Right now my main fighter, Alessandra, has a 6* twin dagger (which I bought for 10k and ground and affixed myself), a 6* double saber (which I bought for 10k and ground and affixed myself) and a 9* knuckle (which I got as a drop in FC and partially ground and affixed myself), and 4* units. I obliterate things in V.Hard with this setup... and I hardly ever use the rare Knuckles because I like dagger and double saber better. The knuckles are basically my Ga Wonda killers.

Where are people being priced out of the market? Oh, sure, some rares are expensive. But you don't need rares to be successful in this game. Rares are a luxury, and like all luxury goods, they cost what people are willing to pay for them.

6* weapons are in many cases substantially cheaper now than 5* weapons were before the update. Just two weeks ago I was listing 5* twin daggers on my player shop for 30-40k and they were selling. Now a 6* goes for 10k.

Where is the problem here, really?

Somehow, I suspect that this is all about the costumes, and I can understand the frustration there, but don't claim the economic changes are making the game unplayable when you can buy weapons for cheap that are better than the vast majority of the weapons you could have bought two weeks ago.

Also:

This is the way it worked pre-patch.

Before the patch, I never ended up having to remove and relist the same item twice in the same day because the prices were dropping preciptiously, eventually selling it at half of its original value.

Prices on a great many items have hit the floor. Absolutely nothing that is essential in this game is expensive on player shops, and even a great many non-essential items have come down to fairly reasonable prices.

I do agree that they made a mistake in not adjusting the grinding prices and the prices of mates and atomizers--and I was pretty annoyed when I lost money on a couple of early runs--but that mistake is being corrected. But once that's done, I really don't see any problem with the overall effect of the meseta drop change on the player economy.

All in all, I think it's had a fairly positive effect so far, though it's certainly still too soon to completely evaluate the effects (especially with that upcoming adjustment yet to be made).

thinktank001
Oct 14, 2012, 01:50 PM
Have you not read comments from people who are waiting for this game to be release in NA/EU? They're being put off by what's going on.

Those are all the clowns that don't understand what is going on. The only group of people that should be remotely upset are the players currently on the JP servers. I would still argue this update is nothing but good.

Z-0
Oct 14, 2012, 01:56 PM
Even once prices of grinding, NPC items, etc are corrected, it's not going to solve anything nor make things the same with just lower numbers, as the meseta is already in the system pre-patch. Lately, people have been hoarding meseta, waiting for the patch coming this Wednesday before doing anything, so the plan to vacuum meseta out of the game isn't going to work as they most likely hoped.

It will drop some prices, but the best rare items are going to be expensive, still. You'll still have to pay many millions for a Blizzaxe or Lambda Garland; there's no way around it, as there are many people who have hundreds of millions, if not billions, of meseta. All this is going to do is make it harder for players without a shop / newer players to pick up their feet and get what they want. The reason most weaponry prices are dropping is because they're simply inferior, and everything old has a higher droprate in Very Hard. Heck, I found the 6million Double Saber earlier, which has dropped to like 400k now because of this.

Maybe down the road (like, a few months from now) things will "fix" themselves, but I don't see it happening anytime soon.

Enforcer MKV
Oct 14, 2012, 02:09 PM
Yes, it is true that the game is rather easy cause everything is based on base stats, but would you really go through a game, any game without upgrading your gear to the max possible stats? I already know your going to say no.

...I've done it in PSU, and I'm doing it in PSO2. >_>;;;;;

So if the question is posed to the community as a whole, I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way, especially considering how punishing the grinding system tends to be in these games, in particular Pre-AoTI PSU.

Stormwalker
Oct 14, 2012, 04:02 PM
...I've done it in PSU, and I'm doing it in PSO2. >_>;;;;;

So if the question is posed to the community as a whole, I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way, especially considering how punishing the grinding system tends to be in these games, in particular Pre-AoTI PSU.

I agree. I have not been maxing out every weapon I pick up. I certainly didn't fully grind all of my weapons when I was levelling up my first class! In fact, I still have a +8 Zanba that I used for about many levels and most of that time it was only +4 or +5.

My current knuckles on my main fighter (9*) are currently +7, in fact. I'd like to take them higher, but it simply isn't worth the expense to do so at this time. And that's fine, I don't have a compulsive need to +10 my weapons, especially rares which are extremely expensive to grind. (I learned this lesson the hard way when I +10'd a 7* and the next day found something better. Now I only +10 non-rares or weapons I expect to be using a long time.)

It's all about getting the best bang for my buck.

Rien
Oct 14, 2012, 09:46 PM
I find the guys being okay/happy with this are generally the people who actually ever see a 8/9* drop.

gravityvx
Oct 14, 2012, 10:30 PM
Didn't bother reading much in this thread, but as far as the econ goes...I look at the shops and just go wtf? It's kind of funny how sega only made the rich richer, and poor even more poor while giving them "benefits", that being majority of rares no longer have much value. While a ton of weapons dropped in price by a crap ton (which was really irritating), that more related to VH being opened but also influenced by the NPC nerf. The problem I see now is that anyone who already had a fair amount of money at their disposal now can have free rule over the market even more so than before, if they wanted to manipulate the prices. That said, anything brand new will still be well into the millions still because no money was actually removed from the econ.

The way I see it now is, you can't even make a half decent profit any longer on the majority of rares only the really really good ones, unlike before...and it's very annoying. But that's just me, I have like 10+ rares that I was savings up for when I got my shop back up that were all worth well over a 600k to mil+ and now I have to just go cry in a corner in regards to all the money I've lost. My only real concern here is not that I can't buy anything, it's that almost nothing is worth anything anymore besides a few of the VH drops, and I see even this diminishing within a few weeks. I just wanna make money, fact is I no longer want to buy a shop pass because of this and I'm pretty sure that's the opposite effect this patch was supposed to have. :'(

Alenoir
Oct 15, 2012, 01:33 AM
Lately, people have been hoarding meseta, waiting for the patch coming this Wednesday before doing anything, so the plan to vacuum meseta out of the game isn't going to work as they most likely hoped.
I don't now, I'm saving up money 'till after Tuesday when I can actually Doodoo all over again for a price that goes with our current "income". Have a bunch of items waiting to be upgraded because of the subclasses, actually.

Heck, I found the 6million Double Saber earlier, which has dropped to like 400k now because of this.
Isn't that a good thing though? So now for the new players, instead of having to save up 6mil if they want that double saber, now all they needed to save is 400k.

Natsuma
Oct 15, 2012, 05:30 AM
I don't mind the update, I've been saving mesetas for like the past 2 months, the only expansive thing I bought was a Tarnada that I boosted to +10.

I sold all the rares I found no matter what the market price, and little by little I gathered a valuable amount of money, thinking I could easily buy the new 10 star weapons.
Unfortunately they're untradable so I guess I'm f..... up.

The only requirement to make your own path through this new economy is to play enough time to find valuable items, rares or souls, and sell them at the market price, no matter how much it is.

Stormwalker
Oct 15, 2012, 08:14 AM
I just wanna make money, fact is I no longer want to buy a shop pass because of this and I'm pretty sure that's the opposite effect this patch was supposed to have. :'(

I'm not having any trouble making money on my player shop since the change. The shop pass is WELL worth the price.

Yeah, I'm making less than before, but prices are dropping across the board, so the "less" money I am making is buying more these days. Even some costume prices are starting to drop now (example: black nurse outfit for 700k instead of the 1.2mil I paid for mine! green bikini now under 1mil, too, and blue just over 1mil when it used to be 2.)

I'm not having any problems keeping up at all, and that's mostly from selling cheap weapons with Souls, level 10 tech discs (I don't bother selling anything lower), and 4-5-6* weapons (many of which sell for 1-2k these days, but they sell by the truckload).

In fact, if it weren't for a costume purchase I made two days ago, I'd be well in the black since the patch. And if the one really good sellable V.Hard drop I got DOES sell (it hasn't, yet)... well, I won't be hurting for cash for a while.

As for the person saying that the people who are happy are the ones who have seen 8*/9* drops? I saw more 8*/9*/10* drops during one V.Hard MPA last night than I had seen the entire time I have spent playing this game up to that point (all units, though, most of them not selling well at all this point. Except for that one...). I don't make my money on 8*'s and 9*'s. I make it on selling LOTS of mundane stuff.

And wasn't dropping the prices of rares the whole point of Sega doing this? Except for the really new stuff, that is happening. And really new stuff is *always* expensive. Even those prices will come down in time.

I'll admit, I was extremely skeptical, even pessimistic, when I first heard of these measures, but from what I can see, they are working as intended.

Macman
Oct 15, 2012, 08:18 AM
As for the person saying that the people who are happy are the ones who have seen 8*/9* drops? I saw more 8*/9*/10* drops during one V.Hard MPA last night than I had seen the entire time I have spent playing this game up to that point
You're one of the rare chosen ones then.
I spent the last 3 days spamming Free Forest Vhard and all I had to show for it was 2 Dagan Neros, a Ray Duplex and a Gudda Skella. :etongue:

Z-0
Oct 15, 2012, 08:30 AM
The problem is that without a shop, you're pretty much going to make nothing. The TACOs will make you like 1.6mil/week if you do them daily (minus one day because of the hour offset; they should make these have a 20 hour cooldown like TOs), but what you get from looting is nothing.

And yes, 8* and 9* from Hard are much easier to find in VH. However, most of them are now pretty much worthless.

cheapgunner
Oct 15, 2012, 09:12 AM
The problem is that without a shop, you're pretty much going to make nothing. The TACOs will make you like 1.6mil/week if you do them daily (minus one day because of the hour offset; they should make these have a 20 hour cooldown like TOs), but what you get from looting is nothing.

And yes, 8* and 9* from Hard are much easier to find in VH. However, most of them are now pretty much worthless.

Agreed. I wanna buy a Yukata but those costumes cost way too much for me to get atm and I need to make some dough somehow. It seems as if SEGA is gearing us toward MyShop and other AC-related items.

Natsuma
Oct 15, 2012, 09:42 AM
What makes me laugh is that a part of complaining people whine because they can't afford new and powerful weapons, units AND costumes.
I mean, what the hell? Unless you're really rich, you gotta choose: costumes (which are freakin useless if you ask me) or your gear.

Just set your priorities well.

cheapgunner
Oct 15, 2012, 10:19 AM
What makes me laugh is that a part of complaining people whine because they can't afford new and powerful weapons, units AND costumes.
I mean, what the hell? Unless you're really rich, you gotta choose: costumes (which are freakin useless if you ask me) or your gear.

I usually don't choose powerful units and weapons most of the time. I rather play the market and get something reasonable and spend some dough on costumes. Getting a certain wep/unit to drop really isn't an issue for me.

Stormwalker
Oct 15, 2012, 10:54 AM

This was exactly the point I was trying to make, actually, when I observed the rares I had gotten last night. Sure, I got a bunch of drops... and only one of them has hit my player shop (and it hasn't sold yet, or at least hadn't as of an hour or so ago) because the rest of them were simply not worth enough to bother selling them. I'm not going to sell a 9* twin mechgun for 50k, sorry. I'll just keep it until I get around to levelling gunner. Likewise, I'm not parting with my Vol wing unit for the price it's selling for these days, I'll just keep it for cosmetic uses.

I don't make my money in my shop off rares, for the most part. Oh, occasionally I'll get something good I can sell, but lately I've been selling a lot more 3*-6* stuff.

That said, you can make money without a shop, it's just slower. But this is by design. Sega wants you to pay for a shop, because Sega wants to make money on the game.

Sega created this game so that they can make money on it. This means they expect their players to pay. The free-to-play part of the game is the lure. It lets you get a taste of the game experience risk-free, so that you can decide if it is the kind of game you are willing to invest money in so that you can be truly successful at it. Free-to-play games are not designed so that you can enjoy the full experience without putting in at least some cash. Sometimes this can be overcome by massive grinding, of course, but that's not the way the developers *intend* for you to play. After all, free players contribute almost nothing to the game's revenue (SEGA will still make a little money on in-game advertising, but on a per-user basis that is not much).

The only real questions when playing a free-to-play game are:
1). Does it entice you enough to spend the money?
2). If so, which features do you think are worth paying for?

In my case, I decided I enjoyed the game enough that I was willing to spend money on it. I also realized early on that if I wanted to fully experience the game--which is to say, if I wanted to have all the luxury items that are not necessary to play the game but may enhance the experience (costumes, rare weapons, etc.), I would need to open a player shop. I then decided that expanded storage was also a necessity, and that I wanted to play multiple characters. So I bought premium, and a few extra character slots. I also bought a few extra skill trees and mags because I am nearly compulsive about character builds. And now, SEGA continues to make money off of me as I renew my Premium every month, continuing to support the game's growth and development.

I'm not looking to make the game "easier", because I enjoy the process of working my way up, so I have not purchased things like exp boosters or meseta boosters (though I've gotten a few through the FUN scratch), and I don't like the gambling system of the AC scratch, so I haven't bought any of that, either. If I want costumes, I'll use my player shop to make meseta and buy them from other player shops.

Also, Macman, rares don't drop because Sakai reaches down from his high cloud and says, "You! You are chosen! You shall receive this gift!" They drop because you grind until they do.

There are lots of players out there who have had far more rare drops than I have... and the reason is because those players spend more time in MPA, where they kill more enemies, and therefore get more overall drops. I typically solo or run in small groups, which reduces my opportunities for rare drops substantially, but that is a price I am aware of and am willing to pay because I enjoy that kind of gameplay.

Oh, sure, some people will be lucky at times, but in the end, the Law of Large Numbers still wins. Over a large enough sample size, drop rates will regress to the mean value, and everyone will receive roughly the same number of rares.

(And a lot of those rares, as stated above, are worthless anyway! Don't pin your hopes on rare drops, it's not a reliable way to progress.)

This, also. Decide what's important to you, and pursue it. Don't settle for anything less, and don't let anyone else tell you what you "must" have. There are no musts in this game.

Everything else can slide. You don't need the very best gear to succeed in this game. You don't need costumes to succeed in this game. Those are things you WANT. So decide which thing you want most, and put the bulk of your effort (and meseta) into that. If you want costumes? Forget about rare weapons, use 6*'s which are very nearly as good and available for cheap. Want rare weapons? Don't waste meseta on costumes. Likewise units; the new 4* and 5* sets are quite good; unless you're planning on playing a tank character, you don't need the very best units. Of course, if you want those Dark Wings more than anything else, then save up the meseta and get them, and skimp on everything else until you get there.

But if you want it all? You're going to have to pay. That is the way the game is designed... because that is how the free-to-play model works.

Eternal255
Oct 15, 2012, 11:09 AM
You're one of the rare chosen ones then.
I spent the last 3 days spamming Free Forest Vhard and all I had to show for it was 2 Dagan Neros, a Ray Duplex and a Gudda Skella. :etongue:

i spent half the weekend spamming desert MPA's in hopes of a blade dance drop...

Last run i had rare droprate drink bonus, hit the crystals e.code with a 4x cross burst 8min or so and not a single rare (good or trash)... then it wore off and hit another cross burst and found the stupid talis off the mob that drops blade dance...

grrr

i need a few +100% rare drop rate items -.-

CelestialBlade
Oct 15, 2012, 11:32 AM
This part stood out to me and it highlights the big problem I have with this game right now. This is something every F2P game company needs to ask themselves and if the answer to either of these is "no" or "nothing", something is wrong.

1 is a no for me. I can't justify throwing money into a gambling system. That's only one aspect of the game, and I have no issues with the idea of paying for shops or skill trees or whatever, but the existence of the gacha system and how actively they're trying to make the game unbearable for free players and new players, even premium players to an extent...I can't justify financially supporting those actions.

My answer to 2 is simple: I have no problem with the idea of any of the current AC items being exclusive to AC. That's fair; it's F2P. I just want a choice in what I buy. Even the most godawful F2P MMOs give you a choice in what you want to buy. I'd buy a whole lot more outfits if they let me pick what I wanted, even if they charge more for that (justified). Oh, and that gacha shit ain't gonna fly in the US. They'll have to do something different.

F2P games can be great if they're managed right. It's just very clear to me that Sega has no idea how to properly run it yet.

NoiseHERO
Oct 15, 2012, 11:57 AM
wait a minute...

the only difference between gear and costumes are electronic numbers... D:

Don't be hatin' on the costumes, even though 90% of them look like crap so far IMO... (for guys at least)

Eternal255
Oct 15, 2012, 12:06 PM

If #1 is no, then stop playing the game :D
If #2 is the clothing, well this game has a really shitty "skins" feature which you have to gamble for. Obviously other people do it and put up things they dont want or just want to make meseta. So go buy a shop. Buy a shop, make 2-3 mil (however much it costs) and more (which you WILL make in one month of having a shop, easily) and buy the items you want with meseta.

Shop is 700-800AC ? Vs gambling for the skin ~200AC a shot? So you're much better off getting the shop, selling things over the month and getting what you want while having lots of meseta to spend later as well.

Alenoir
Oct 15, 2012, 12:13 PM
If #2 is the clothing, well this game has a really shitty "skins" feature which you have to gamble for.

Not just this game. Most, if not all, F2P games uses a random box system to get people to spend money. At the very least, weapons and units with high stats are not being put in scratches in this game, unlike some other games I've seen.

hbmizzle10
Oct 15, 2012, 12:38 PM
They need money.

they don't. they are are not even broke anymore

Alenoir
Oct 15, 2012, 12:48 PM
they don't. they are are not even broke anymore

Video games, maybe. The slot division still lose a lot of money.

Eternal255
Oct 15, 2012, 12:52 PM
Not just this game. Most, if not all, F2P games uses a random box system to get people to spend money. At the very least, weapons and units with high stats are not being put in scratches in this game, unlike some other games I've seen.

oh idk, only other one i played was LoL so im not sure how they work exactly. but my idea is still the same, you're better off buying something thats a guaranteed thing and using it to get something else you want (and if you're at this point of the game, im assuming you know how markets work so you should be able to use it right)

Stormwalker
Oct 15, 2012, 01:15 PM
This part stood out to me and it highlights the big problem I have with this game right now. This is something every F2P game company needs to ask themselves and if the answer to either of these is "no" or "nothing", something is wrong.

1 is a no for me. I can't justify throwing money into a gambling system. That's only one aspect of the game, and I have no issues with the idea of paying for shops or skill trees or whatever, but the existence of the gacha system and how actively they're trying to make the game unbearable for free players and new players, even premium players to an extent...I can't justify financially supporting those actions.

F2P games can be great if they're managed right. It's just very clear to me that Sega has no idea how to properly run it yet.

For what it's worth, I completely agree with you about the gacha/AC scratch system. I refuse to pay into it, because I don't think it's worthwhile. That said, I understand why Sega does it this way.

See, if people could just buy costumes for themselves, it really *would* be the pay-to-win scheme that some people claim all F2P games are. Why is this? Because if you could just buy costumes, people would buy them and list them for pretty much the same meseta prices they're going for now (or even higher. After all, a lot of costumes listed now are only on the player shops because someone got one they didn't want...) and at that point you're basically legit RMT. Cash for meseta. On top of that, only the most popular costumes would ever show up on player shops, because why would someone pay real money to sell a costume that wouldn't demand a high price on the market?

The only way you could prevent this would be to make costumes untradeable. But if you do that, then the only people who would EVER have a costume would be the ones who bought them with real money. Some would argue that this is an acceptable solution. I might even agree with them (in fact, I do). This is the way City of Heroes did it, after all. On the other hand, those players who like costumes but really can't afford to spend money on every new costume that comes out might not prefer this solution!

By not allowing the player to specifically buy the costume they *want*, you guarantee two things:

1). People will resell the costumes they don't want, ensuring a flow of costumes into the player shop system.

2). People will not be able to reliably transform real money into meseta through the AC scratch.

Both of these goals are desirable for SEGA, and to an extent they are desirable for the player community, too.

That said, you don't have to play the AC scratch. As long as someone--or, rather as long as *enough* someones play it, the game economy takes care of the rest by distributing the costumes back into the community through player shops.

It is entirely possible to get any costume in this game just by running a player shop and having some patience. It's not going to happen instantly, but in a way, that is part of the fun. Don't get me wrong, I'm no master market manipulator, and I don't intend to become one. But getting drops, checking prices, seeing which ones sell, putting aside money for the thing I want.... I feel as though I have *earned* these costumes, rather than just buying them. This makes the game more rewarding to me.

As far as I'm concerned, Premium isn't money I'm spending to buy stuff. It's money I'm spending to play the game, to have the full experience of playing the game. At first I had my doubts about whether it would be worth it, but the fact is, having Premium changes the game experience considerably for me, and I can't fathom going back.

Your mileage, as ever, may vary.

Postscript:
Actually, I have another suggestion regarding how to handle the AC Scratch items, though I don't know if SEGA would be agreeable to it (I'm not sure how it would work out for them, revenue-wise. Financial analysis is not my thing.)

My suggestion:
Eliminate the AC Scratch. Put all the AC Scratch items into a new FUN Scratch (FUN Scratch Gold, perhaps) with a higher cost. Given FUN accumulates rather quickly, this cost would have to be fairly high. Continue the double-FUN benefit for Premium to encourage people to buy Premium. Maybe even increase it to triple or quadruple.

Purposes this serves:
1). It adds incentive to buy the Premium service by making it seem more worthwhile to those who aren't interested in the MyRoom or the extra storage space (i.e., convince more people who are just buying MyShop passes now to go in for full Premium).

2). Maintains the random distribution of costumes into the game economy, but in a way that does not require players to directly spend real-money for each chance at a costume.

3). Allows even a player who pays nothing at all to have an outside shot at a costume. Eventually, the free player will get costumes they don't want and have incentive to at least buy a MyShop pass.

4). Encourages people to do things that build FUN, which is the purpose of the FUN scratch to begin with.

Like I said, i don't know how it would work out on the money side... it's just a thought.

Alenoir
Oct 15, 2012, 01:28 PM
@FUN Gold idea
Probably won't make them as much money. I remember hearing (and seeing it myself) other people pour anywhere from $30 to a few hundred USD into a random box in other games. I assume it's the same thing in this game. With the amount of costumes I see in player shop when I search for them, it seem to support the assumption.

Macman
Oct 15, 2012, 03:24 PM
Simple: directly bought costumes aren't tradable. Gacha costumes are tradable.