PDA

View Full Version : Power to the Players! : INTERNATIONAL PSO2 SERVERS!!!

KusaTheFonewearl
Oct 10, 2012, 09:16 PM
(lol copypasted from my last topic but hey, same effect.)
Here is what I'm thinking... There's that English patch out right? I assume that patch is only going to get better and more precise... eventually to the point where it will be just like an English version of the game.

uh... I'll just get to the point: I think everyone who is on the JP server should stay... because like... we've busted our asses on our accounts right? So hey, what I'm thinking is we wait it out on the JP server and stuff... ~uff da~

Yeah! See, if English players continue to play on the JP server, then more English patches will be made, and if more English patches are made, it will only make the game more accessible to Eng players. Plus, lets face it... Segac isn't going to be able to support the game very well in the west and we'd all have a better run if we stuck with what we're doing now.

I say we forego the western servers completely, because see, idk if this will work BUT if (yes I said if) the English version of the game comes out, we could use the English files from that to better our patch for the JP game potentially...

In short: If enough of us "outsiders" play the JP version and no one shows interest in or plays the Eng version... Sega will have to start looking at the big picture, eventually. If they want to make money off this deal then they would have to release an official Eng patch for the game and just make one big international PSO2 server.

Tell your friends, tell your team, tell your family!

The time is now! We, the players have the power to make PSO2 INTERNATIONAL!!

TELL EVERYBODY YOU KNOW!! Fill in other communities in as well! Together I think we may very well be able to stop another tragedy from happening and make Phantasy Star Online an international experience again without any grief or heartbreak!

Seriously here! Rally players! Rally! Make or break time people! Get the word out! Please! This is such a better solution than a westernized release!

I know what Sega could be thinking here... "how can we make money off of this?"
Well, the answer ... may... be simple... Allow international payments of all types to the server! Bam! Sega would have a roaring international boon once again!

Please fellow players! Spread the word! this very well may be the only chance we get to change the future of PSO2!!

Mega Ultra Chicken
Oct 10, 2012, 09:22 PM
You're kinda late to this. And by "kinda," I mean 4 months.

Konflyk
Oct 10, 2012, 09:22 PM
Jesus christ, are you twelve? The way you write is so irritating, I can't believe I read that wall of text. This discussion has been had many times and you surely aren't the first to suggest such a thing after so many months. Sakai already said there are legal issues preventing a true international game, related to the gacha and such, regardless if it's an excuse or not, they(SoJ) have no plans to make the game international, also the currency conversion is horrible in Japan's favor from USD>JPY, not only for them, but us we pay almost twice the amount for some of the AC we want.

KusaTheFonewearl
Oct 10, 2012, 09:28 PM
International services could fix that, Kon. Segac (Sega of America) and SoE could still get in on the action by taking care of payments and etc. from their respective service areas~

I think there may even be enough of us to even stop the western development if we weighted the situation enough

(and I type in blocks like this to avoid "walls of text" and actually make tl;dr posts readable)

Konflyk
Oct 10, 2012, 09:33 PM
You're beating a dead horse, it won't happen, Sega of America/Europe was recently subsidized to literally nothing, Sega wouldn't even publish Bayonetta 2, what does that tell you? They're hanging on for dear life to remain a company and don't want to take risks or do anything outside of their "plan" that's supposed to work for them. Give up on the idea it won't happen, either play the English version of the game, or learn katakana.

KusaTheFonewearl
Oct 10, 2012, 09:37 PM
Okay? (long-shot here but) Then we could have them sit this one out and Sega of Japan could handle the international stuff. Despite what they're paying Sakai to say, it IS possible to make PSO2 international. Sega would make serious bank off it too if done right.

It wouldn't be the first time something like this has happened.

Cranberry
Oct 10, 2012, 09:42 PM
I do have concerns if everyone decides to just ignore the english servers. If the english servers are a ghost town that could affect the chances of future Phantasy Star games getting localized. I really don't think its in our best interest to see the english servers fail.

Dan Maku
Oct 10, 2012, 09:44 PM
Going once, going twice, sOLD to the woman with a mustache!

Konflyk
Oct 10, 2012, 09:45 PM
Once again, you have no understanding of economics and the value of money, the Japanese Yen is currently in a better position than the US dollar assuming you live in the US, why would they want our worthless money? If anything sure a country with strong currency would be of great value to them, but there are many countries that just won't cut it. They recently stopped accepting foreign payments from Debit/Credit cards.

Konflyk
Oct 10, 2012, 09:48 PM
I do have concerns if everyone decides to just ignore the english servers. If the english servers are a ghost town that could affect the chances of future Phantasy Star games getting localized. I really don't think its in our best interest to see the english servers fail.

While this is true, there's very little need to worry, most of the English players from NA and EU were probably playing PSU on 360, the fan base is there, not everyone comes on PSOw, /vg/ or numerous other outlets for this niche series, the only thing we should be worried about is if these 360 fanboys will be willing to shell out $500 to build a capable PC to play this game.

May0
Oct 10, 2012, 10:45 PM

Someone with a valid concern. I share your sentiment. The best way to speak is with money. The bigger the player base the larger the pool of possible paying customers.

For the short term playing on the JP servers is fun and such as is getting access to the game before all the "baka gajins" so to speak, but the very real threat of a future without any Phantasy Star series making it over seas is more likely with such an attitude.

I've trumpeted this message before and I don't plan on stopping. At least give the english version a chance. The game is free to play for christ sake, or budda sake, or flying spaghetti monster sake. Just fucking try it. If its even half as terrible as the weaboos here are spatting about I'll probably avoid it myself but not before trying it.

Forever Zero
Oct 11, 2012, 12:17 AM

Excellent point. This is a great concern to me as well. I don't want Phantasy Star to have a bleak future outside of Japan. I was greatly disappointed that we didn't get PSP2 Infinity and don't want something like that to happen again.

Renvalt
Oct 11, 2012, 12:27 AM
Then the choice before us is clear: At least give the NA version as much time as we gave the JP version. That's a fair gauge, right?

May not be the most ideal for some - and in fact some may say "No, I'd rather have my cake and eat it too" (pun not intended).

But if we don't side with Sega of America and at least give them a chance to redeem themselves, then we are no better than the baka gaijin the Japanese think us to be.

I mean, you hear stories of the Japanese treating us with respect from the few that actually tout it, but how true is it? Does anyone have any proof of such a thing? And how can you, for certain, know what they are really thinking? It's the same principle as I can never throw words in someone's mouth and say it's what they really feel, because that's just not true.

I mean, just look at this meseta nerf - for all we know, it could be a "Get out now gaijin" cry from both SEGA and the JP community. It could be something they hate. We don't know.

But given that a majority of this hate for SEGA's actions seems to be coming from our (Westerner) end, it seems to me that the JP have a point - we don't belong here, and we're acting like we have the right to dictate what SoJ does and doesn't do (when we in fact don't).

Xaeris
Oct 11, 2012, 12:49 AM
If its even half as terrible as the weaboos here are spatting about I'll probably avoid it myself but not before trying it.

That word does not mean what you believe it means.

Angelo
Oct 11, 2012, 02:11 AM
The lag is already terribly painful in the game as it is.

I can't wait to get on US servers...

eharima
Oct 11, 2012, 03:43 AM
if your realy that worried about NA servers, just make a shit load of accounts when it launches.
even if you dont play, just make fuck tons of accounts, and they'll be like
ZOMFG 1MILLIONS ACCOUNTS!! w.

You're all gonna get IP blocked when the NA servers come up anyway hawhawhaw

Gama
Oct 11, 2012, 05:40 AM
pso2 is a huge investment, they wont risk anything.

[Ayumi]
Oct 11, 2012, 09:07 AM
Then the choice before us is clear: At least give the NA version as much time as we gave the JP version. That's a fair gauge, right?

May not be the most ideal for some - and in fact some may say "No, I'd rather have my cake and eat it too" (pun not intended).

But if we don't side with Sega of America and at least give them a chance to redeem themselves, then we are no better than the baka gaijin the Japanese think us to be.

I mean, you hear stories of the Japanese treating us with respect from the few that actually tout it, but how true is it? Does anyone have any proof of such a thing? And how can you, for certain, know what they are really thinking? It's the same principle as I can never throw words in someone's mouth and say it's what they really feel, because that's just not true.

I mean, just look at this meseta nerf - for all we know, it could be a "Get out now gaijin" cry from both SEGA and the JP community. It could be something they hate. We don't know.

But given that a majority of this hate for SEGA's actions seems to be coming from our (Westerner) end, it seems to me that the JP have a point - we don't belong here, and we're acting like we have the right to dictate what SoJ does and doesn't do (when we in fact don't).

I would agree with the same "time on both" thing, but I really don't see myself doing all the client orders again for one.
I personally never said I wouldn't give it a chance, but I can't see myself playing more than maybe once a week or less on the US/EUR server just to see what's different.

You mean like how PSU on the PC and PS2 ended up?

EXPFULL
Oct 11, 2012, 12:48 PM
Going once, going twice, sOLD to the woman with a mustache!

It's been a while since this forum made me legit Laugh Out Loud.

:D

dias_flac_0g
Oct 11, 2012, 01:52 PM
It's been a while since this forum made me legit Laugh Out Loud.

:D

This forum always makes me laugh out loud is why I still come here. The people of psow are down right silly.

That said i'm sure atleast 70% of the english population will drop which is a GOOD thing. I actually can't wait for that. I played on PSU JP servers with virtually no english community for over a year so I will get by just fine in PSo2 plus it helps when you already have some nice JP friends to play with.

MUDGRIP
Oct 11, 2012, 03:00 PM
This forum always makes me laugh out loud is why I still come here. The people of psow are down right silly.

That said i'm sure atleast 70% of the english population will drop which is a GOOD thing. I actually can't wait for that. I played on PSU JP servers with virtually no english community for over a year so I will get by just fine in PSo2 plus it helps when you already have some nice JP friends to play with.

Oh we got ourselves somebody who likes just getting by and sacrificing their experience while not fully knowing whats going on unless they download a patch, look it up online, etc. Cmon now... seriously. All of the ProJP server players... Seriously? I completely understand the fact that you want to play the best product that is offered when it comes to pso2 but seriously stop coming on here and saying that JP servers arent just a pain in the ass at times to understand aspects of the game.

Kous
Oct 11, 2012, 03:17 PM
(lol copypasted from my last topic but hey, same effect.)

uh... I'll just get to the point: I think everyone who is on the JP server should stay... because like... we've busted our asses on our accounts right? So hey, what I'm thinking is we wait it out on the JP server and stuff... ~uff da~

Yeah! See, if English players continue to play on the JP server, then more English patches will be made, and if more English patches are made, it will only make the game more accessible to Eng players. Plus, lets face it... Segac isn't going to be able to support the game very well in the west and we'd all have a better run if we stuck with what we're doing now.

I say we forego the western servers completely, because see, idk if this will work BUT if (yes I said if) the English version of the game comes out, we could use the English files from that to better our patch for the JP game potentially...

In short: If enough of us "outsiders" play the JP version and no one shows interest in or plays the Eng version... Sega will have to start looking at the big picture, eventually. If they want to make money off this deal then they would have to release an official Eng patch for the game and just make one big international PSO2 server.

Tell your friends, tell your team, tell your family!

The time is now! We, the players have the power to make PSO2 INTERNATIONAL!!

TELL EVERYBODY YOU KNOW!! Fill in other communities in as well! Together I think we may very well be able to stop another tragedy from happening and make Phantasy Star Online an international experience again without any grief or heartbreak!

Seriously here! Rally players! Rally! Make or break time people! Get the word out! Please! This is such a better solution than a westernized release!

Hehehe Right now Some people Don't Care And I've been over this more than 20
times already.

1. Keep your preference of server to yourself, cuz your just annoying the crap out of me ;)

2 Umm One the people who arent playing the JP server are waiting for the Na/Eu release for storyline and so that is mostly english speaking player base. I mean even with the Freakin English patch, Its never gonna be the same. So You might as well just stop makeing Threads like this because you aren't gonna.

3. No ones wants to download a long download and a long patch, When the server is localized the download and patchs will take less time.

4. hahaha Its not gonna happen ~uuuu dah~~~ hahaha >.>

Raymee
Oct 11, 2012, 03:18 PM
Yeah. It's just not gonna happen. Let's keep it at that.

Galax
Oct 11, 2012, 03:52 PM
I've planned to play PSO2 US/EU for the story. I want to know what's going on there.

I don't know that I plan, with my current pace, to do all the client orders again, level up all over again, get my subclass all over again, get my "advanced" class all over again before that, and then spend time splitting my attention between two groups of friends on two different server regions of the SAME GAME. A little US/EU here to get more story, a lot more JP there because I've put some decent work into Migitgun on there. That being said, I still don't trust Sega to do this right. I just don't. Maybe they will, I'll be on a little bit to see if they do, but I'll be reserving my judgement for a few months in - I recall PSU doing well at first, but I think that was mainly "new game to play" effect - unless it's really, really terrible, you'll keep playing that new game, and often you'll think it's the best shit around...because it's new. No other reason.

At the IP block comment, just shush, okay? It's not even a joking matter. Go insite panic in public then get trampled by the retreating mob, kk? If ya don't have proof, don't post it as fact if you can help it.