PDA

View Full Version : Is v.hard actually.. very hard?

Agitated_AT
Oct 11, 2012, 04:06 AM
I have a busy week so I can't pour my time into the CO that unlocks the mode

I've read and seen the changes that this new update has brought. Complaints about the vendor prices and whatever are non of my concerns. I don't care either about Slow leveling towards lvl42. All I cared about was very hard and for it to actually be very hard.

Is this however the case? I heard it wasn't but i'd rather hear various thoughts. If so or not, what do you think about it?

Xaeris
Oct 11, 2012, 04:09 AM
Nope. Enemies are pretty much the same as you remember them. They have the same attacks, the same speed, the same patterns...they have more HP, but they evaporate all the same in a multi party.

Z-0
Oct 11, 2012, 04:28 AM
I still two shot everything in VH Forest. More HP, you say? B)

Agitated_AT
Oct 11, 2012, 04:32 AM
Well that's good to know guys. Guess there is no reason for me to keep playing then. I'll be back when this is fixed, and I kind of expect it will so i'll use my time on more useful things till then.

FenixStryk
Oct 11, 2012, 04:54 AM
Very Hard is... not very hard. Things hit harder, but the transition is otherwiseno worse than Normal -> Hard was.

Have fun.

Gama
Oct 11, 2012, 05:41 AM
uh,,, they should at least move faster, maybe... you know... better ai?

dias_flac_0g
Oct 11, 2012, 06:00 AM
I dont know why people keep complaining about the difficulty of this game. It's silly as hell.

This is a casual game so it makes sense that it's not retarded hard.

There's a lil game out there called Dark Souls I heard that its a true challange and actually hard, why dont you stop crying about PSO2 and give that game a shot if you want a challenge?

Vashyron
Oct 11, 2012, 06:04 AM
Sakai heard the whispers of people wishing the game to be harder, so he made leveling harder. ;>

But really no VHard is still as easy, killing named Ragnes in Multiparties without weak bullet in 30 seconds.

Agitated_AT
Oct 11, 2012, 06:08 AM
I dont know why people keep complaining about the difficulty of this game. It's silly as hell.

There's a lil game out there called Dark Souls I heard that its a true challange and actually hard, why dont you stop crying about PSO2 and give that game a shot if you want a challenge?

Then why have these difficulties in the first place? Just so you can do the same thing over and over again without any change? Is that really what should keep many people interested? Do you actually enjoy having another mode that basically tells you to replay the game again without any change? A 4 year old would know what the defenition of very hard is. All these modes might as well be called "restart game again" or they shouldn't be there at all since restarting a new class brings the exact same experience.

Anyway you are probably right, this is indeed a casual game. Have fun with that.

Gama
Oct 11, 2012, 06:14 AM
it worked in pso, but a speed increase would make it a bit more challenging.

dias_flac_0g
Oct 11, 2012, 06:14 AM
Then why have these difficulties in the first place? Just so you can do the same thing over and over again without any change? Is that really what should keep many people interested? Do you actually enjoy having another mode that basically tells you to replay the game again without any change? A 4 year old would know what the defenition of very hard is.

Anyway you are probably right, this is indeed a casual game. Have fun with that.

Just as a 4 year old will know that this is a casual game. Are you surprised by this? Lmao.

I would like to correct you just a bit though ^^

Nothing new? Is that why i'm getting new rares, lvl 10+ PA's 6* weps, and slightly harder enemies? They do infact hit harder than their "hard" counterparts and have more HP.

So what the hell are you talaking about "no change"?

Like I said stop crying and go play dark Souls if you are so thirsty for a challenge. ^^;

Agitated_AT
Oct 11, 2012, 06:38 AM
Well I am happy for you getting stronger weps. But what point or incentive is there to get stronger weps when your average weapon allready does the trick? Well, apart from flashing it

Come on Dias, even you know it would feel more satisfying getting that rare/stronger wep if the game actually encouraged it. And you know what I mean with encourage

Spellbinder
Oct 11, 2012, 08:19 AM
Well I am happy for you getting stronger weps. But what point or incentive is there to get stronger weps when your average weapon allready does the trick? Well, apart from flashing it

Come on Dias, even you know it would feel more satisfying getting that rare/stronger wep if the game actually encouraged it. And you know what I mean with encourage

That feeling when you first step into Ultimate Mode (PSO1) and all your weapons are crap.... and then you find that Red Handgun?

Slidikins
Oct 11, 2012, 08:31 AM
That feeling when you first step into Ultimate Mode (PSO1) and all your weapons are crap.... and then you find that Red Handgun?In PSO v2 finding that "red weapon" was practically a requirement to continue progressing. And it sucked. And by the time Episode II rolled in that system was completely trashed. But I don't think that's what Agitated is saying here.

[EDIT] Actually, his post that you quoted did pretty much say that, but his earlier arguments did not...

Sure, we all like getting stronger. That's why MMOs are so addicted. You can visually see progress in your character's equipment and the raw numbers. It makes you feel good. But if you're doing the same exact thing at Lv40 that you did at Lv1 to get stronger without any variety, how can it be exciting? Just making the monsters move faster would change it up, but they did nothing.

At least, that's the complaint I'm hearing. I still have 5 Quartz Dragons to kill.

Agitated_AT
Oct 11, 2012, 08:41 AM
Nah, you both perfectly understood what I meant. I think spellblinder was just giving an extreme example, but it's still kind of the same point.

I was looking forward to get my ass kicked lol, that's what I told my teammates. I mean of course I don't want something similar to dark souls as Dias has mentioned. I just want some encouragement for lvling and better equips. People are complaining about slow lvling towards lvl 42 when the same exact content is back at lvl 31.

There's nothing attractive about VH except for Rare occasions(rare monsters and such)

Zeota
Oct 11, 2012, 08:48 AM
Just making the monsters move faster would change it up, but they did nothing.

Saw that part and instantly thought of "Lost maracas" from PSOv2 on ultimate. Funny shit seeing two-legged turtles move so damn fast.

Drifting Fable
Oct 11, 2012, 08:55 AM
I shall miss thee, friend.

But I do understand your concerns about the difficulty level. Quite a shame how the original difficulty level names are being used nothing more than a camouflage for "level scaling". Which ultimately means "Ultimate" won't be the ultimate we're looking for. I do understand there are indeed some changes in regards to the difficulty increase, but I believe these changes simply aren't punishing enough to warrant itself with the name Hard, VHard, and so forth. I mean c'mon, Megid doesn't even have a chance of instant death anymore. @.@ And of course that's due to the times we live in nowadays. From the 90's and 2000's when extending the longevity of your game meant being "Nintendo Hard" to the 2010's when the industry is geared more towards gaining a profit and dragging in as many players as possible. Which of course is a good business strategy, it just won't keep a lot of it's devout hardcore groups that PSO built.

Having gone back to play back PSO after numerous years of PSU, I don't look back to it as fondly as I used to. But one thing I do respect about the game is how it brutally curb stomped any fresh meats entering the next difficulty level. But as you grew stronger and learned attack patterns; you were eventually one-to-three shotting enemies just in time to be stomped by the next difficulty level. And for a game that originally had only 4 areas to attract this size of a fanbase, that's saying something. I used to hate that back in my youth, but now I understand how brilliant the system was.

Getting back to PSO2, my final hope for a difficulty increase would be a challenge mode. AKA: a difficulty level capable of being comparable to Devil May Cry. Leave the Normal-ultimate for regular difficulty scaling for the average player, and challenge mode for the hardcore group and rare hunters. Casuals would still have all the content they were promised and we would have our "challenge". But until that day, I will continue to play due to my enjoyment of the combat system overall. Fortunately, due to being the glass cannon character, I can still keep a loose sense of a difficulty punishment if I don't time my dodges correctly.

If the times do indeed change regarding difficulty, I look forward to your return, friend.

Zorafim
Oct 11, 2012, 09:11 AM
I mean c'mon, Megid doesn't even have a chance of instant death anymore. @.@

Throwing a dice is true difficulty.

I wouldn't throw that "It's a casual game" excuse, as if we're expected that the game will remain easy. NES games takes half an hour to beat, but are fun specifically because of the challenge they pose.
When going through the game, each new area is more challenging than the previous. Everything telegraphed their attacks in forest, but enemies attacked quicker in the caves. Enemies came in swarms in the desert, you have less maneuverability in the mines, and GOD *&^%ING DAMN THOSE SNOW BANSHEES! When going from one area to the next, you have a tough challenge to overcome. But when going from difficulty to difficulty, all that changes are HP and attack values. I can see why it's disappointing.

Still, I prefer my content not becoming outdated. I don't mind going back to an easy area, as long as it's to take a breather between difficult ones. And once I hit very hard, I look forward to being able to chose which area I grind in.

Jakosifer
Oct 11, 2012, 10:02 AM
I love the black and white mentality towards difficulty: either a game is hair tearing hard, or mindnumbing easy. It's like people lack the ABIRITY to take a middle ground into consideration.

Eternal255
Oct 11, 2012, 10:20 AM
I wanted it to be harder, but i didnt expect it.

OP, did you ever play PSO1? The changes in difficulty were the exact same. Until you got to ultimate at level 80. Then it got harder for a while, but as soon as you hit 120+ everything started to easy up significantly. Thats the nature of this game.

The fun comes with the grind and hunt for items and such. Been playing PSOBB since it was open to public on a certain server and im still not even 200 on that (been what, 6, 7 years?) and yet i always go back to it when im bored of every other game ive ever played.

Which is why im glad they did what they did with the xp rates :)

Drifting Fable
Oct 11, 2012, 10:27 AM
Throwing a dice is true difficulty.

It's just that back then, when megid was flying across the field it was all "OHCRAPRUNFORYOURLIVES" and it was the major appeal of the spell to begin with both to wield and to combat against. Now it's just demoted to a purple Fire spell with poison you can just resta through. ^^;

But I see your point, perhaps our definition's of difficulty do need to evolve beyond the namings of Vhard and so forth. It will definitely make new areas more and more enticing.

I love the black and white mentality towards difficulty: either a game is hair tearing hard, or mindnumbing easy. It's like people lack the ABIRITY to take a middle ground into consideration.

Is there even such of thing as a middle ground when it comes to game difficulty? :-?

NoiseHERO
Oct 11, 2012, 10:28 AM
It's just that back then, when megid was flying across the field it was all "OHCRAPRUNFORYOURLIVES" and it was the major appeal of he spell to begin with both to wield and to combat against. Now it's just demoted to a purple Fire spell with poison you can just resta through. ^^;

But I see your point, perhaps our definition's of difficulty do need to evolve beyond the namings of Vhard and so forth. It will definitely make new areas more and more enticing.

Is there even such of thing as a middle ground when it comes to game difficulty? :-?

Yes, senic...

it's called proud mode.

Agitated_AT
Oct 11, 2012, 10:36 AM

So where's the middle ground? You mean it's allready in PSO2?

Btw thanks for your kind words drifting fable

NoiseHERO
Oct 11, 2012, 10:38 AM
So where's the middle ground?

Btw thanks for your kind words drifting fable

proud mode, teils.

Agitated_AT
Oct 11, 2012, 10:41 AM
Uhhh.... wut? Did I miss something?^^;

Porkmaster
Oct 11, 2012, 10:45 AM
I saw this coming a mile away and called it months ago. The "difficulty increase" doesn't do anything besides let you see bigger numbers. The enemies die just as fast as they did in normal mode back when you were on-level.

Jakosifer
Oct 11, 2012, 10:52 AM
LOL RAWK

Anyway, yes, there is a middle ground for difficulty, they even got it right twice in this franchise. PSP2's S rank, and User created Infinity missions from PSP2i were perfect difficulty. Fun without being completely unfair and unbalanced.

Macman
Oct 11, 2012, 10:59 AM
it worked in pso, but a speed increase would make it a bit more challenging.
It's funny because PSO1 did this, and it actually did make it more difficult (enemies could actually surround you in Vhard and Ult if you weren't careful) and that's a 12 year old game.

Agitated_AT
Oct 11, 2012, 11:06 AM
LOL RAWK

Anyway, yes, there is a middle ground for difficulty, they even got it right twice in this franchise. PSP2's S rank, and User created Infinity missions from PSP2i were perfect difficulty. Fun without being completely unfair and unbalanced.

My question was, is it in PSO2? Cuz you're coming off as if that was the point you were trying to make to counter my(and others) concerns.

Zyrusticae
Oct 11, 2012, 11:13 AM
The only thing that would present even a modicum of challenge in multiparties would be some heavy scaling hit stun resistance and considerably increased HP (so they could actually get a single attack out).

I somehow doubt that it would be popular with the JP playerbase, though...

Jakosifer
Oct 11, 2012, 11:18 AM
Lol they could just make more spawns come up and make enemies zerg rush instead of walk around in circles and occasionally, slowly attack. Also needs to be more mix of enemy damage types, I mean...Olgohmon + Komatoze was a pain in the ass in Vanilla PSU. NEVERMIND JARBAS.

My question was, is it in PSO2? Cuz you're coming off as if that was the point you were trying to make to counter my(and others) concerns.

-raises eyebrow- And now I am slightly confused.

Agitated_AT
Oct 11, 2012, 11:26 AM
Nevermind. Thanks for your true intelligent words that had so much to do with everything in this thread. Always great to see such valuable posts.

PS: next time actually read the content before going all smartass

Griffin
Oct 11, 2012, 11:36 AM
I expected a speed increase, like in PSO. I guess Sega can be anti-climactic after all.

Slidikins
Oct 11, 2012, 11:37 AM
-raises eyebrow- And now I am slightly confused.

Translation: Yes, there is a utopia between sheepishly easy and frustratingly difficult, but does it exist in PSO2?

I'm not going to argue on how difficult (or not) the game is, but I feel that if they are going to have difficultly levels, one should be noticeably harder than the other. Hard should not be Normal with bigger numbers, and Very Hard should not be Hard with even larger numbers.

Jakosifer
Oct 11, 2012, 11:44 AM
Gotcha.

No. It doesn't, and it won't unless they actually adjust the AI and stats per player in an MPA. My post was mostly in reference to Dark Souls being mentioned as something to play if you want a challenge. It should be obvious that "difficulties" are only scale to level modes in this game.

Drifting Fable
Oct 11, 2012, 11:51 AM
Yes, senic...

it's called proud mode.

As in KH's proud mode? I certainly wouldn't mind that addition over what we have now.

LOL RAWK

Huh, another reason why I should have played that game. Though considering how many features shipped over from PSP2i to PSO2, perhaps the user created missions might be a future content update?

One can hope.

Ezodagrom
Oct 11, 2012, 04:26 PM
I was standing around 2 Oodans (Forest monkeys), they do their occasional jumping to the side and a non-attacking animation, but they attack rather often.

I believe it's not a problem of not being aggressive enough, it's more that their attacks are not enough effective and they're too slow, either faster movement speed and faster attacking animations or new more effective attacks for current enemies would be alot more noticeable than just making the AI more aggressive.
There's also the stun lock, player attacks stun the enemies way too much.

gigawuts
Oct 11, 2012, 04:32 PM
The problem is flinchlock.

Remove flinchlock, from enemies and players, and solve the problem.

This game isn't about dealing or even surviving damage, it's about inflicting stun/flinch so enemies don't attack you while you kill them - how long that takes, 50% faster or 50% slower than average - isn't as important as inflicting stun. This is why MPA's are the best at everything. 12 players hitting everything = everything dies before it can even attack. What doesn't die before it can attack only manages to get off one attack, which probably misses, because lol they don't actually hit that hard and it turns out enemies balanced against one player die to twelve in no time flat.

But then you get to bosses, where there's such an absurd gap in damage. It goes from diddly squat to oh, I got hit once and that either killed me in one hit or stunlocked me into death.

Stun and flinch are so fucking boring.

DoubleCannon
Oct 11, 2012, 06:38 PM
Ok so skipping posts lol, just want to say. Solo lv 50 fang banther / banshee from event.... holy hell. 1400 S-def? Forget it, they still hit very hard!

What I believe is the difficulty is in need of, is multiparty, more people = more buff towards everything. not a huge dmg boost or anything, boost though would help, but more defence, alot for hp, 2 ppl now hitting monster= monster should have way more hp or defence to fight off the players.

When you go to solo, I personally find challenge, and i mean you only, no npc. Its when more ppl are involved is where the game lacks to balance the added slaughter towards enemies

valmont
Oct 11, 2012, 07:00 PM
lol
i guess its impossible to make everyone happy.
how bout an option to adjust "spawn rate" before a quest start?

ex: i want a casual run, so i adjust the spawn rate to similar 4/12 player on the field.
or i want to get swarmed!! moar enemies!! moar hardcore!! i simply adjust it to similar 12/12 player on the field. xD

@gigawuts, no flinchlock is a great idea! if enemies became no flinching i will prefer TMG over launcher anyday! xD
but casual gamer will suffer alot if no flinch get implemented :p

@DoubleCannon, yes! thats why adjust spawn rates would be perfect!
want challenge? go solo with 12/12 spawn rates xD

ps: we already got tougher and faster enemies. its called "infected".

Eman2417
Oct 11, 2012, 07:10 PM
lol
i guess its impossible to make everyone happy.
how bout an option to adjust "spawn rate" before a quest start?

ex: i want a casual run, so i adjust the spawn rate to similar 4/12 player on the field.
or i want to get swarmed!! moar enemies!! moar hardcore!! i simply adjust it to similar 12/12 player on the field. xD

@gigawuts, no flinchlock is a great idea! if enemies became no flinching i will prefer TMG over launcher anyday! xD
but casual gamer will suffer alot if no flinch get implemented :p

@DoubleCannon, yes! thats why adjust spawn rates would be perfect!
want challenge? go solo with 12/12 spawn rates xD

As I do agree with the majority of the things you say, I disagree on the last part.
I personally find infected enemies to be easier, why? Because you can just lock on their weakpoint and give hell. Infected bosses can be good/bad depending on the boss.

Geistritter
Oct 11, 2012, 07:10 PM

No one asked for "retarded hard". They just wanted it to be something other than ridiculously easy. That's not a lot to ask for, especially when you have things in the game with "hard" in their names.

People really need to stop citing this thing as some kind of cornerstone of video game difficulty. The game is unforgiving, but "hard" isn't the right word. There are a lot of cheap deaths and things you couldn't possibly see coming, but that's not an actual challenge. If you're retarded and refuse to adapt at all to the things that you actually have a chance of dealing with by your own reflexes, abilities, and tactical decision-making, yeah, you're going to have an exceedingly difficult time, but people who play and enjoy difficult games don't struggle with Dark Souls. It may annoy them every now and again, but it rarely beats them.

Unfortunately, most people fit the "retarded and unadaptable" mold, and thus this game earns a reputation for being difficult, when it's not even particularly merited.

DoubleCannon
Oct 11, 2012, 07:16 PM

LOL Oh yeah i totally forgot about these insane beasts ..... with a big fat red blob that screams HIT ME HIT ME AND ME DIE FAST OK? BE A MAN!

lmao sry couldn't resist:D

Touka
Oct 11, 2012, 07:20 PM
Sounds very disappointing from what i'm reading in this thread.I'd like some real difficulty not artificial difficulty ie stuff hitting harder.It's not like Sakai CAN'T make it harder either some of the missions and the Infinity missions on PSP 2:I were quite difficult.

Guess you can't expect much out of games that hold your hand thru the whole thing nowadays.

valmont
Oct 11, 2012, 07:23 PM
As I do agree with the majority of the things you say, I disagree on the last part.
I personally find infected enemies to be easier, why? Because you can just lock on their weakpoint and give hell. Infected bosses can be good/bad depending on the boss.

oh god, i forgot about that. yeah you're right.
even that annoying medic robot became easier to kill when infected, because when infected we can lock on to his weakpoint.

@DoubleCannon, lol yeah i feel like a dumbass now. xD

Dark Emerald EXE
Oct 11, 2012, 07:43 PM
I'd be happy about it considering their fixing a huge problem.
haha i just laughed about it i figured it it was down it was for a good reason...which it is.... :P

Drifting Fable
Oct 11, 2012, 07:45 PM
Well while its hours old, I find it relevant to our discussion. According to the new Sakai comments:

At the beginning of next year, they will introduce a system for those that reach the level cap that includes highly difficult quest and fields.

While the time table is being readjusted due to 41-50 rebalancing, it does appear that something along the lines of a "challenge mode" or a harder quest is in the plans at some point. Fingers crossed.

ScottyMango
Oct 11, 2012, 08:15 PM

It baffles me how anyone would be satisfied with a game that offers no challenge. Who cares if it's casual? (even though it's not)

That means everything should be piss easy? PSO1 was challenging as hell, and that was part of the fun. Challenge is ALWAYS part of the fun. Annihilating everything in sight with an ease intense enough to make you yawn is not fun. It's boring.

It's like playing a fighting game against your grandma. Without challenge, things get boring very very fast.

Stormwalker
Oct 11, 2012, 08:28 PM
I didn't get to spend much time in V.Hard (only unlocked it about an hour before maintenance), but when I was *soloing* in Free Forest V.Hard (with no NPC's), it did seem to be more challenging. Notably, I seemed to be drawing much larger spawn sizes than I usually do solo (and no nearby players, i checked), and was constantly having to dodge thrown rocks and flying Oodans. They did still die quickly, but I was having to keep track of eight or nine enemies at once, so even with quick kills it required some tactics to not get pummeled.

It was actually a whole lot of fun.

I think a large part of the problem is that you simply can't make enemies that will survive the kind of punishment a full MPA can dish out without giving them so many HP that it's punishing to smaller parties and soloists.

Maybe what is needed is some kind of scaling system that makes mobs tougher based on how many players are nearby? Obviously the rewards would need to be scaled as well.

Maronji
Oct 11, 2012, 08:30 PM
Maybe what is needed is some kind of scaling system that makes mobs tougher based on how many players are nearby? Obviously the rewards would need to be scaled as well.

So something like the Borderlands system (with some tweaks), then? I wouldn't mind that if it meant better drops (double so if it meant better AI).

Enforcer MKV
Oct 11, 2012, 08:58 PM

So something like the Borderlands system (with some tweaks), then? I wouldn't mind that if it meant better drops (double so if it meant better AI).

*Throws money at the idea* Gooooooooooooo!

Agitated_AT
Oct 12, 2012, 01:07 AM
Even though I disagree with Dias, I think he made a good point when he stated the game to be casual.

I mean we can disagree with it, or try to deny it, but this game is a free to play game attracting alot and alot of casuals compared to a retail game where it mostly attracted the hardcore established demographic.

The demographic has been decided this way and proven itself profitable for PSOteam. I think they definitely don't wanna lose these people and seeing as the feedback has mostly been, "the game is too hard", I predict there's not going to be a lot of changes.

Of course I think it's sad seeing how Monster Hunter has held itself well even though being such an inaccessible and challenging game. As much I prefer PSO2's mechanics, the factor of challenge and engaging experience is a decisive one for me, so I think i'll prefer monster hunter now. Defenitly looking forward to the 3DS one.

Anyway, a challenge mode would be great drifting fable, but I don't see a reason to waste my time on this game only to reach specific content.

ScottyMango
Oct 12, 2012, 01:51 AM
One of the main feedback complaints is that the game is too hard?

Who's playing this game? 5 year olds with no hands or something?

It's seriously, hands down, one of the easiest games I've ever played. I can't even begin to comprehend how even the most casual of gamers would have trouble with its "difficulty".

Ezodagrom
Oct 12, 2012, 02:14 AM
One of the main feedback complaints is that the game is too hard?

Who's playing this game? 5 year olds with no hands or something?

It's seriously, hands down, one of the easiest games I've ever played. I can't even begin to comprehend how even the most casual of gamers would have trouble with its "difficulty".
I think he's talking about the transition from alpha 2 to closed beta, after the alpha 2 japanese players apparently complained that the early quests were too hard, or something like that. :|

kkow
Oct 12, 2012, 12:12 PM
yup cuz in the early levels, the game is too hard with crappy 1-3 star weapons yo.

anyways, been perusing through some of the jpn comments, and i've seen a lot of comments saying it's too easy now. here's hoping for better changes. and besides, what casual will stick around long enough to reach this new lvl 50 cap. stupid sega, stupid decisions 2012.

Agitated_AT
Oct 13, 2012, 07:19 AM
yup cuz in the early levels, the game is too hard with crappy 1-3 star weapons yo.

anyways, been perusing through some of the jpn comments, and i've seen a lot of comments saying it's too easy now. here's hoping for better changes. and besides, what casual will stick around long enough to reach this new lvl 50 cap. stupid sega, stupid decisions 2012.

Thanks for this great news kkow.

gigawuts
Oct 13, 2012, 07:26 AM
Man, I swear VH is actually easier than hard. It must be the enemy types, because I usually roamed in mines or FC, which tend to be spammier than the first 3 areas.

Huh, kind of making my point re: flinchlock dumbing down the game and turning it into inflicting flinch instead of inflicting damage.

Agitated_AT
Oct 13, 2012, 07:52 AM
Man, I swear VH is actually easier than hard. It must be the enemy types, because I usually roamed in mines or FC, which tend to be spammier than the first 3 areas.

Huh, kind of making my point re: flinchlock dumbing down the game and turning it into inflicting flinch instead of inflicting damage.

Is it perhaps because the mode isn't adjusted with the extra subclasses stats and abilities in mind? I was really looking forward that very hard would encourage to get the most out of the system. Seems that is not the case:-?

dias_flac_0g
Oct 13, 2012, 08:12 AM
Sooo many tears...

^^;

Why not just quit the game if you arent happy with it? I mean it's the only logical thing to do. This is the question that none of the cry babies like or like to answer =P

In the end that's what it comes down to. If a game isn't to my liking then it's not worth my time. I rarher find something better to do with my time insted of wasting it (with a game that isn't fun for me) and crying about it in a forum ^^;

Macman
Oct 13, 2012, 08:15 AM
Sooo many tears...

^^;
Have you contributed to ANY thread yet? All I ever see out of you is troll posts.

Anyway to keep on topic: I'm not looking forward to Very Hard if it's essentially the same as before, with bigger numbers. At least PSO1 made monsters move and attack faster, which helped make things more hectic.

Indignation Judgment
Oct 13, 2012, 08:23 AM
I can see the time when Ultimate gets released, a new thread appear like this.

I woudl ilke to point out that many players have here have had more than enough time to prepare up for this update, specially the SubClass one. New players aren't going to get the same boost totally-prepared, maxed players have. Only way to do this would to turn everything currently in-game subpar, so you are pretty much forced to hunt from 0 all your equipment and/or mesetas.

Agitated_AT
Oct 13, 2012, 08:37 AM
Have you contributed to ANY thread yet? All I ever see out of you is troll posts.

Anyway to keep on topic: I'm not looking forward to Very Hard if it's essentially the same as before, with bigger numbers. At least PSO1 made monsters move and attack faster, which helped make things more hectic.

I think one would rather say, those were the limitations of the time. So it would have to be better today. The AI is defenitly complex, but not really good. Monsters are supposed to be agressive, it should be in their nature imo. At least that's the case in most of the games, and even PSO1

GreenArcher
Oct 13, 2012, 12:27 PM
Sooo many tears...

^^;

Why not just quit the game if you arent happy with it? I mean it's the only logical thing to do. This is the question that none of the cry babies like or like to answer =P

In the end that's what it comes down to. If a game isn't to my liking then it's not worth my time. I rarher find something better to do with my time insted of wasting it (with a game that isn't fun for me) and crying about it in a forum ^^;

Forums are a medium for discussion. If you don't like it, why read? This is a phantasy star website, full of phantasy star fans who want this game to succeed. I guess every single aspect of the game is perfect for you? Well go play it then, stop "wasting" your precious time on a forum ^^;

The game is indeed too easy. I understand we're not at ultimate or whatever will be the top difficulty, but think of your time in PSO1. While monsters and bosses were easy to kill, you did have to pay attention/react/time your hits. It was easy to get surrounded, there were set damage attacks, OHKO attacks....all forcing the player to pay attention to the battlefield, and react.

What do we have in PSO2? Kill the spawn, move on, kill the spawn, move on, kill the spawn, move on.

dias_flac_0g
Oct 13, 2012, 03:24 PM
Forums are a medium for discussion. If you don't like it, why read? This is a phantasy star website, full of phantasy star fans who want this game to succeed. I guess every single aspect of the game is perfect for you? Well go play it then, stop "wasting" your precious time on a forum ^^;

The game is indeed too easy. I understand we're not at ultimate or whatever will be the top difficulty, but think of your time in PSO1. While monsters and bosses were easy to kill, you did have to pay attention/react/time your hits. It was easy to get surrounded, there were set damage attacks, OHKO attacks....all forcing the player to pay attention to the battlefield, and react.

What do we have in PSO2? Kill the spawn, move on, kill the spawn, move on, kill the spawn, move on.

For me? yes, i'm mostly very pleased with PSO2, that's why you dont see me here complaining all day ^^;

Sure it's not a perfect game, but the inperfections aren't bad enough to ruin my enjoyment of the game.

Telling me to play the game all day because I love it is just plain silly. I have a life outside of the game such as a full time job and real life friends, plus I like to take a break from the game aswell. That sure as hell doesn't mean I dont love it any less than someone who plays it all day non stop.

Yes yes, this a forum for discussion, I never said it wasn't so I dont know why you are even bringing this up. However everyone here seems to be crying and not really discussing things. It's more ranting than anything else really.

Again, dont side step the question. Answer it :)

Clearly you aren't happy with the game so why play it? ^^;

gigawuts
Oct 13, 2012, 04:10 PM
Hahahahaha, oh look, this again.

If you actually think a game can be boiled down to the simplicity of "this part makes me unhappy, therefor I shall not ever play it again" most people here wouldn't have gotten past level 1 on PSO (those boomas cut HOW much of my health? I'm not happy with this game!) or PSU (those monkeys cut HOW much of my health? And all I do is MISS? I'm not happy with this game!).

Meanwhile, since those people understand the concept of developers changing things, games changing pacing, etc. they stuck around. Many even enjoyed the game later on!

Stop running around asking stupid questions and pretending it's a ~hard question~ like you're Fox News.

Also, I really hope you're not saying that Sega shouldn't try to reach out to players that are unhappy with the state of the changes. Surely you wouldn't tell people to not play, instead of stick around to see if things improve so they can pay Sega money, which will improve your own experience as well.

Zyrusticae
Oct 13, 2012, 04:52 PM
All of this will be moot, hopefully, when they release the "very difficult quests and fields" at the beginning of next year.

Hopefully not just by pumping up stats of existing monsters... which, admittedly, is seeming rather likely at this point.

Z-0
Oct 13, 2012, 04:56 PM
Which doesn't make it difficult at all; just makes it take longer.

Zyrusticae
Oct 13, 2012, 04:59 PM
Right, hence why I'm hoping they do things more like crazy spawn compositions, high hit-stun resistant monsters, monsters with lots of ranged attacks, monsters that attack quickly and non-stop, crazy-thick fields of traps, and so on and so forth.

NoiseHERO
Oct 13, 2012, 05:04 PM
Right, hence why I'm hoping they do things more like crazy spawn compositions, high hit-stun resistant monsters, monsters with lots of ranged attacks, monsters that attack quickly and non-stop, crazy-thick fields of traps, and so on and so forth.

It would be nice to have certain monsters where it's like... just seeing one of them feels like a threat.

Maybe even a rare monster, But not rare in a way where you'd actually WANT to encounter them. Maybe it'd be exciting to see a monster that'd make you feel like running because it'd wreck your shit, but in general seeing it would just be bad luck. But again in a way that's fun.

(in otherwords, NOT pre-nerfed code avoid)

He'd be super fast, super strong, have a lot of HP, flexible in all forms of attack and god help you if you're soloing and you're not close to an escape route. Maybe you'd have to find and destroy his core somewhere on the field, before he makes the entire multiparty run out of moons or something.

Link1275
Oct 13, 2012, 05:10 PM
It would be nice to have certain monsters where it's like... just seeing one of them feels like a threat.

Maybe even a rare monster, But not rare in a way where you'd actually WANT to encounter them. Maybe it'd be exciting to see a monster that'd make you feel like running because it'd wreck your shit, but in general seeing it would just be bad luck. But again in a way that's fun.

He'd be super fast, super strong, have a lot of HP, flexible in all forms of attack and god help you if you're soloing and you're not close to an escape route. Maybe you'd have to find and destroy his core somewhere on the field, before he makes the entire multiparty run out of moons or something.
Right. Let's just bring in a mean hungry big green bipedal with a small head and a body the size of T-Rex, and give him Megid with the ability to swell up when angry.

NoiseHERO
Oct 13, 2012, 05:20 PM
Right. Let's just bring in a mean hungry big green bipedal with a small head and a body the size of T-Rex, and give him Megid with the ability to swell up when angry.

Or just make that humanoid falz guy pop up and tackle combo people then fly around and shoot lasers at us like an asshole.

gigawuts
Oct 13, 2012, 05:22 PM

I like these ideas.

I'm also an advocate of reducing stun/flinch on players, possibly as a hunter guard stance skill to accentuate the defensive nature of the class when maining or subbing.

I just really, really hate stun and flinch. Well, not stun so much, that has its own moves, just flinch on every attack from players and from so many attacks on mobs. It's a disproportionate penalty to small parties and essentially nonexistent for 12 player MPAers.

GreenArcher
Oct 13, 2012, 07:37 PM
Again, dont side step the question. Answer it :)

Clearly you aren't happy with the game so why play it? ^^;

To answer your question I've probably played a total of five hours in the last two months.

Reyva
Oct 13, 2012, 11:43 PM
To answer your question I've probably played a total of five hours in the last two months.

I beat you. 1 hr for me in the last two months 8-). Can't be arsed to unlock crap either.

Anyways, there are ways to make the game more difficult, but since I just got off work and don't feel like spending time to type all those ways, I will be like a U.S republican and say just this. Yes, I'm pulling a "Ryan." Something he did at the actual VP debate on Thursday :P. Be glad I didn't "Double Romney" you.

Lmao, I would get "hyped" up if they brought chaos bringers back (Yes, I've said it before) and having them come out of nowhere and rofl run stomp you. Used to get me sometimes in PSO heh.

Difficulty is another reason why I just can't get some of the friends I really want to play with on this game even when it comes out in the U.S.

Game needs more time to mature though (said it for PSU back then too when that was a pile of crap). Been saying this forever though. For now though, I'm like the other guys in this thread, just not bothering with it, but looking at the forums for updates on the game.

Macman
Oct 14, 2012, 01:19 AM

He'd be super fast, super strong, have a lot of HP, flexible in all forms of attack and god help you if you're soloing and you're not close to an escape route.

Sup Hildetorr.

Rien
Oct 14, 2012, 01:24 AM

Spawn 3 gel bulfs you actually have to kill.

And give it a lot of HP.

Done.

Griffin
Oct 14, 2012, 01:26 AM
Spawn 3 gel bulfs you actually have to kill.

And give it a lot of HP.

Done.

That's funny.

Or make the Baize actually infest an entire map and eventually become the planet itself. Then you're really fucked.

Macman
Oct 14, 2012, 01:27 AM
Or make the Baize actually infest an entire map and eventually become the planet itself. Then you're really fucked.
You'd be fucked because your video card would melt.

Griffin
Oct 14, 2012, 01:28 AM
You'd be fucked because your video card would melt.

You're sharp, dude.

Agitated_AT
Oct 16, 2012, 05:08 AM
Well the latest update had been out now for a whil. I decided to bump the thread and ask, is the game still exciting for you at this point? I mean now that you are ar very hard, probably at lvl43. Is the difference at very hard enough to keep you excited or interested? If not, what keeps you playing otherwise.

gigawuts
Oct 16, 2012, 05:23 AM
Very hard has some nice additions. What was initially the end-of-days with the untradable 11+ disks is a boon. I no longer wonder about pricechecking disks before popping them in, worrying about gaining 2% damage from level 7->8 at the cost of just selling the disk for a boatload of meseta. 10*'s are similar, except you DO find items you can't or possibly won't use. A teammate needs just the vader arm unit, and I happen to have it. I'd give it to him for free but I'm completely unable to, so he's forced to hope the RNG doesn't shaft him with legs and backs until the end of time.

Rare bosses are nice, but maybe I'm only saying that because I found one and it dropped a level 12 sa megid.

supersonix9
Oct 16, 2012, 05:27 AM
It's not hard, but the rares are better. That's all that's important.

Z-0
Oct 16, 2012, 05:37 AM
Nothing ever drops in this game. I can do like 4~8 hours of MPA'ing in a day and having nothing to show for it. Except maybe 100k meseta.

At least beforehand I made meseta to make the grinding worth it, even if nothing dropped (nothing ever did, except VRAOLET).

And thus, I'm back to idling, only really playing when doing TACOs and TA RAnkings.

Macman
Oct 16, 2012, 10:05 AM
Z-0 is a man of my style. Nothing but total garbage ever drops for me.
At least before this whole 10* debacle came around I knew all my grinding and farming was not for naught as I was earning meseta to eventually buy the damn thing I wanted anyway.

Now I can pretty much throw away any hopes of progressing past 9* gear with these droprates that make PSOv2 blush.

Eternal255
Oct 16, 2012, 10:22 AM
At least beforehand I made meseta to make the grinding worth it, even if nothing dropped (nothing ever did, except VRAOLET).

I was never really bothered by the change in meseta becuz i figured it would drop the cost of things on my server....

but everything went UP by 25-40%! WTF! ive been farming desert VH since i hit 42 around the day of xp nerf and all i keep finding are those damn worthless 9* cannons and 8* talis

I'm never gonna get a blade dance :(

I've even had several 4x cross bursts in which i had rare droprate drink active and not even a single rare drop :'(

Getting 8-9* items was cake, really. Jus farm an MPA for a day or two and you'll get it (or at least it seemed)... but these 10* items are no joke >.<

Not counting the ragne set which drop too damn easily.

Well the latest update had been out now for a whil. I decided to bump the thread and ask, is the game still exciting for you at this point? I mean now that you are ar very hard, probably at lvl43. Is the difference at very hard enough to keep you excited or interested? If not, what keeps you playing otherwise.

PSO was NEVER hard. But i still enjoyed the fuck out of it.

I didnt expect this game to be any different, but this game was a lot harder than any of the previous PSO games while initially leveling up (the whole trying to figure out all the new shit, gettin your ass handed to you cuz you didnt have much money and didnt wanna spend it on buying mates, etc)

Of course, like the older PSO games, as soon as you hit a certain level, there was absolutely no challenge unless you made one (solo some bosses using only X for example). But that's not why you play this game. You play it becuz you like the gameplay, story, or collecting things [my favorite].

Don't expect it to be any "harder", cuz it probably wont be.

Alenoir
Oct 16, 2012, 10:33 AM
I don't know, for not actually doing anything but helping friends/teammates go through the level cap/VH unlock, I sure have been finding a lot of rares lately. Sure, nothing goes for more than 300k (in fact, most only goes for 10k or less), but they are 7*+ nonetheless. It almost felt like they increased the rare drop rate across the board for anything non-VH.

Z-0
Oct 16, 2012, 10:50 AM
My main problem with this update is that you can't even hunt what you want anyway; it's actually not possible. I want a Lambda Garland, I would like to hunt a Lambda Schvern, a Lambda Aristin and a Meren'nenka, but can I?

Nope, because half of the damn drops are Emergency Quest only, and some will still remain to be after the update because some of the drops require you to kill L46+ Rockbears, Aginis, etc. This means hunting is pointless for me anyway, as I don't want many of the other 10*s (they'd just rot in my bank), and thus, it's idling time.

I do have many 7*s~9*s, but they tend to be worthless these days, and they're largely inefficient to what I have anyway (my weapons are rares, although the only expensive one is Gramasciento which I bought anyway).

Gama
Oct 16, 2012, 10:53 AM
id say that its not veru hard, but its very annoying to unlock...

Mizunos
Oct 16, 2012, 11:01 AM
Not only vhard is not even remotely "very" hard, it's also boring as hell. MPAs are partly to blame for that, this system needs to be completely rethought from scratch.

Agitated_AT
Oct 16, 2012, 11:18 AM
PSO was NEVER hard. But i still enjoyed the fuck out of it.

I didnt expect this game to be any different, but this game was a lot harder than any of the previous PSO games while initially leveling up (the whole trying to figure out all the new shit, gettin your ass handed to you cuz you didnt have much money and didnt wanna spend it on buying mates, etc)You don't really come off as a credible person because i'd say the majority would disagree with you. PSO2 seems like the easiest pso game so far to me, but i'll hear what you or others have to say about this. Very hard in the first pso1 at least boosted up the speed and such to give you one example. In the end this is not about pso alone, it's about PSO2 as a standalone game. 3 difficulties that are like a "restart mode that fits your current level" is kind of terrible game design ya know.

Of course, like the older PSO games, as soon as you hit a certain level, there was absolutely no challenge unless you made one (solo some bosses using only X for example). But that's not why you play this game. You play it becuz you like the gameplay, story, or collecting things [my favorite].

Don't expect it to be any "harder", cuz it probably wont be.
Well I guess you fit with the current demographic then. But let me ask you this however. Do you think an increase of difficulty apropriate to the modes (hard and v hard) would increase the gameplay for you? Yes collecting things is great, but in doing so you need something to intensify your experience. The story is redundant untill the english release to me

Eternal255
Oct 16, 2012, 11:56 AM
You don't really come off as a credible person because i'd say the majority would disagree with you. PSO2 seems like the easiest pso game so far to me, but i'll hear what you or others have to say about this. Very hard in the first pso1 at least boosted up the speed and such to give you one example. In the end this is not about pso alone, it's about PSO2 as a standalone game. 3 difficulties that are like a "restart mode that fits your current level" is kind of terrible game design ya know.

perhaps not, i personally never felt much more challenged by a simple speed increase or slight power increase. the only thing that really became challenging was the initial step into ultimate mode. the power increase of monsters was substantial compared to the previous difficulty increases, and not to mention the megid flowers >.< (sure it was an RNG thing but at least you had to pay attention to when the creatures would shoot out their purple death ball). but again, after like level 90-100, forest was a joke, 120 caves as a joke, 140 mines a joke, and 160 ruins a joke... with the same thing seen in ep 2 and 4.

which is essentially what a i saw here. i dont know if it was simply because i was playing with a gunslash hunter that made my early leveling difficult (easily 100-200 deaths in the first few weeks, damn you vol dragon), or if it was because i needed to get S-rank on everything or whatever. but eventually, normal mode became a joke (lvl 20), so on to hardmode you went. the difficulty was increased, but it wasnt very much different than the previous. Just like the change in PSO1 went from slow enemies to slightly faster and a tad stronger. that is essentially what they did here. Only a movespeed increase here wouldnt really do much, its not hard to press the dodge trigger (at least on a controller) at the appropriate time.

but the damage is definitely increased, and if you're not upgrading your armor whenever you can then you will continue having trouble *cough stuffydoll cough*

however, going from hard to very hard wasnt as dramatic as the change from normal to hard becuz they gave us both subclasses, and an assload of time to get the best gear possible before heading to the next difficulty level. Had everything been released from the beginning, im sure it would have been a much greater challenge. You could always try running it with no subclass (or a really low level one) and see what the difference is like, or just random weapons and armor you find in forest VH. but honestly if the awesome gear from hardmode was absolute garbage in even VH mode forest, i would be pissed off becuz it would have made all that time spent in FC farms obsolete. Instead, i got 9* weapons and armor, affixed and grinded, and i blow through vhard mode with ease.

Well I guess you fit with the current demographic then. But let me ask you this however. Do you think an increase of difficulty apropriate to the modes (hard and v hard) would increase the gameplay for you? Yes collecting things is great, but in doing so you need something to intensify your experience. The story is redundant untill the english release to me

EDIT: i cut some shit out cuz i read your question wrong-

Definitely. And yes i havent been playing the story mode either. But if changing it resulted in me dying a lot, losing missions and have to completely start over, then it would piss me off more than anything xD

The upsetting thing, though, is that leveling comes too quick. That is the one thing i feel they need to change in order to make the game more playable. It seems they veered away from the soft cap aspect of the previous games and decided the game is best played at maximum level (even 40-50 is not that hard to do, just takes a decent mpa and you'll get exp like nothing). But since they made the 10* items untradable, the best gear is now actually hard to get, so you're forced to come back and farm if you want them. Which personally, i do. And i may stop playing this game for a while, but im sure ill come back and continue hunting whatever else they put out.

Agitated_AT
Oct 16, 2012, 05:17 PM
Bosses are fine, but the enemies are almost like "fodders". So it makes sense you died alot because of the bosses. The bosses are perfect

Anyway I don't think it's necessary to argue. I just want the game to become better. The way hard and very hard feel like a restart mode is something that is just impossible from any game design standards. Difficulties are a concept that have existed for a long time and i've never seen such a cheap execution of it, so I consider it a result of an unfinished game more than anything.

I expect it to be fixed eventually. Only then i'll be back.

Not only vhard is not even remotely "very" hard, it's also boring as hell. MPAs are partly to blame for that, this system needs to be completely rethought from scratch.

Some issues are indeed more fundamental instead of small

Agitated_AT
Oct 16, 2012, 07:26 PM
It's not hard, but the rares are better. That's all that's important.

So the rares are more important to you huh? *scratches head, the hell am i still doing here

gigawuts
Oct 16, 2012, 07:41 PM
Was PSO every about anything but the rares?

Dinosaur
Oct 16, 2012, 07:53 PM

I'm pretty sure MPA PSE burst is the main activity that the majority of players want to do. Maybe if you're playing Hunter in a party with 11 FOs, then I can see how that could be boring(even then, there are still ways to manage).

OT: Subclasses, Weak Bullet, and Force effectively remove any difficulty in this game

Lostbob117
Oct 16, 2012, 08:00 PM
What did you guys really expect? It's still a phantasy star game.

Lumpen Thingy
Oct 16, 2012, 08:11 PM
PSO wasn't hard until ultimate and PSU wasn't hard until S rank missions came out when that was new. I didn't expect very hard to be hard but I think ultimate might change things up a bit

SolRiver
Oct 16, 2012, 08:11 PM
I'm waiting for something like ultimate mode seabed and central control tower (inside tower).

Vashyron
Oct 16, 2012, 08:24 PM
PSE Bursts show exactly how the difficulty in this game is, you'd think people would be slightly panicking/annoyed/whatever of the fact that huge number of monsters are incoming to attack, but no it's "Woo hordes of monsters are coming to us to get slaughtered."

It's obviously planned that way as well. The only difference outside Bursts is you go find the enemies and slaughter them the same.

What did you guys really expect? It's still a phantasy star game.

I liked the fact that in previous games they at least tried to keep your attention. Like trying to not get surrounded and timing your attacks so you don't screw over partners, plus keeping a watch out even for the cheap Megid or other hard hitting attacks.
Here I can pretty much go a ranged class with AOE and have 90% of my attention on something else such as watching something on a second monitor and still reap the best benefits given out by MPAs.

Reiketsu
Oct 16, 2012, 08:28 PM
There's literally no difference in fighting monsters compared to Hard or Normal.
It's still a mindless slaughter. I get the feeling the difficulty only applies to the chance of rares popping up, not how hard the enemies are, lol

Lostbob117
Oct 16, 2012, 08:31 PM
PSE Bursts show exactly how the difficulty in this game is, you'd think people would be slightly panicking/annoyed/whatever of the fact that huge number of monsters are incoming to attack, but no it's "Woo hordes of monsters are coming to us to get slaughtered."

It's obviously planned that way as well. The only difference outside Bursts is you go find the enemies and slaughter them the same.

I liked the fact that in previous games they at least tried to keep your attention. Like trying to not get surrounded and timing your attacks so you don't screw over partners, plus keeping a watch out even for the cheap Megid or other hard hitting attacks.
Here I can pretty much go a ranged class with AOE and have 90% of my attention on something else such as watching something on a second monitor and still reap the best benefits given out by MPAs.

One problem is there isn't really enough enemies to kill in one area. It would be cool if there was a point to moves such as Nova Strike.

Laxedrane
Oct 16, 2012, 09:15 PM
PSO wasn't hard until ultimate and PSU wasn't hard until S rank missions came out when that was new. I didn't expect very hard to be hard but I think ultimate might change things up a bit

I personally think PSU didn't start going up in difficulty until AotI came out but same difference.

somd
Oct 16, 2012, 09:16 PM
this game needs static maps and spawns(with variants of course). Map layout and spawn patterns are way too important to leave up to a random generator, which IMO does a pretty crappy job as it is. I would also remove MPAs altogether or at least lower the max to 8 or make MPAs exclusive to the emergency quests.

LinkKD
Oct 16, 2012, 10:43 PM
meh...I agree that very hard isn't very hard...and as of now, more enemies do spawn with more people...but it's not enough

looking on the bright side though guys...do you remember PSO?

the difficulties were just numbers changing up to very hard...it was only on ultimate that things got really different and harder

so hopefully it'll be the same on PSO2?...once ultimate arrives it'll actually have a lot mor challange?...

I hope so D:

some things in the game are already challenging to an extent...and they usually involve soloing...full multiparties do obliterate everything indeed though...they should probably give MORE enemies per person, or make them tank way more...or Idk

Edit:

err, re-checking the topic all I've said was already said *useless post* zzz

but I'll leave it here anw

somd
Oct 16, 2012, 11:44 PM
AOE attacks should also get nerfed , not just lowering the damage, but changing all AOE attacks to be like the rocket PA for assault rifle. Main target takes bulk of the damage while the blast only causes residual damage. That'll slow down the launcher and rafoie spammers

kkow
Oct 16, 2012, 11:54 PM
^I thought that's how it was now, but 12 mpa aoe spam op yo

LinkKD
Oct 16, 2012, 11:55 PM
nerfing aoe would make it troublesome to solo though...

enemies having higher status depending on the number of players would be better...not simply spawning more mobs with more players, but spawning more and stronger mobs could make things interesting

gravityvx
Oct 17, 2012, 12:05 AM

While this is true, it's also not true. And before anyone jumps on me for saying that, I'll explain. PSO1 was very hard your first time through each difficulty starting at hard. The monsters could stagger you and they didn't idle at all with long winded animations(besides maybe sorc in ruins) or able to be knocked out (there was a handful that could actually be knocked on the ground), starting on hard from normal two or three hits was all it took for a death, and anything above hard mode they quickly surround you after doing so which was even more fatal if they did. In this instance you would actually want them to knock you on the ground (if you're caught)so you get a free way out of getting hit more than once and have a chance to heal. You actually had to position yourself to where you could fight and not be overwhelmed by sheer numbers, or just raw power from getting smacked with low gear on. Now, PSO2 is completely different in difficulty being that, well, there is none. Unlike PSO1, when I entered hard mode, and very hard, I just waltzed in and roflstomped everything without breaking a sweat, so to speak. Whereas PSO1 I'm pretty sure I remember feeling like I'm constantly in danger, which I was. Now, I'm stressing that I am strictly talking about when you first enter these difficulties, not after you're decked out in high grind high quality rares and god abilties etc.

With that said, I don't think they can really change the way the difficulty is with out destroying part of what makes this game. The way it's built is to just run around and blow everything up very fast, weak bullet being around in a multiparty is a testament to that. But I really wish they would just give all enemies super armor like the gunner, meaning unable to be knocked down by heavy attacks even while you're attacking for those that don't already know what it is. I think that'd spice things up a bit...if they didnt explode within a few sec from 12 peeps going off on em.

kkow
Oct 17, 2012, 12:40 AM
it's not just that, the ai is still bad, mobs just stupidly stand there the same as before. no idea why sega can't just make it so that mobs can't get staggered, didn't evaporate to 3 pas, and had x3 aspd/msp.

gigawuts
Oct 17, 2012, 12:52 AM
it's not just that, the ai is still bad, mobs just stupidly stand there the same as before. no idea why sega can't just make it so that mobs can't get staggered, didn't evaporate to 3 pas, and had x3 aspd/msp.

Because, as has been said, this is a massive penalty to solo players and still no penalty at all to 12 player MPA's.

What needs to occur is a massive tanking bonus and stagger resistance with extra players in adjacent grid blocks. A player on the other side of the map shouldn't affect your spawns, and they already don't considering stragglers get tiny spawns in 12 player MPA's, but if all 12 players are in the same couple grid blocks then no matter how many things spawn it's all going to die unless there's some stat and AI tweaks.

I'm also feeling like enemies should become incredibly aggressive when near tons of players but they should NOT focus fire. Nothing is more irritating than 7 set sadinians chopping one guy all at once. That is not fun, balanced, or an actual challenge. Being instakilled is not legitimate difficulty in either MPA's or against bosses. It's a purely artificial challenge, especially when it's a complete fluke that it ever happens at all.

So, more players should mean that enemies:
Get more aggressive AI
Scatter, to reduce AOE effectiveness
Do not focus fire, to reduce one guy getting wasted while nobody else gets touched
Use their stun-proof attacks
Gain flinch/stun resistance (maybe the first two or three flinch-inducing attacks won't work, but the next one will)
Gain better stats all around
Do not gain an additional chance to drop items on top of what the current system has, let's not make MPA's even better for grinding cash here

This would leave the current solo or small party players unaffected, but force MPAers to maybe look at the screen more than once every 20 seconds.

Rien
Oct 17, 2012, 01:21 AM
I like how all of you think.

I, on the other hand, believe Very Hard is, indeed, Very Hard. Perhaps Ridiculously Hard would be more like it.

Why? One word:

Rareception.

It's like, "Yo dawg, we heard you like probability, so we put rare items on your rare mobs so you can hunt rares while you hunt rares."

And it's not like a good bunch of this stuff can be traded either. (Granted, I want Brisaxe/Lambda Aristein and it CAN be traded, but still.)

Agitated_AT
Oct 17, 2012, 07:46 AM
Was PSO every about anything but the rares?

I like how all of you think.

I, on the other hand, believe Very Hard is, indeed, Very Hard. Perhaps Ridiculously Hard would be more like it.

Why? One word:

Rareception.

It's like, "Yo dawg, we heard you like probability, so we put rare items on your rare mobs so you can hunt rares while you hunt rares."

And it's not like a good bunch of this stuff can be traded either. (Granted, I want Brisaxe/Lambda Aristein and it CAN be traded, but still.)

Seems i've been playing and loving the franchise for all the wrong reasons huh. No I don't hunt for rares, I usually just get them by surprise while i'm enjoying the actual gameplay. Wether it's in a mission, a MPA or time attack. I never play with the idea in my mind of finding a rare. I do however feel joy when I find one though.

And besides, all these rares have no purpose beside showing off anyway(in the current state). I've seen the high damage thread. Numbers around 10k, 20k. That's great and all, but what's the point beside the bosses(10/20% of the game?)? What's the purpose of a powerful rare beside that? Just for cosmetics and collection?

Anyway it's hilarious to think that V.hard doesn't stand for the game's difficulty but for increasing the difficulty of finding rares. The sad part is that it may actually be true.

What I also find sad is that people complained about not being able to reach a mere number fast (the high experience issue, which was a fair complaint) resulting them to change it within a day, while such a fundamental issue is getting so little attention. I'm kind of astonished really.

Agitated_AT
Oct 17, 2012, 07:58 AM
While this is true, it's also not true. And before anyone jumps on me for saying that, I'll explain. PSO1 was very hard your first time through each difficulty starting at hard. The monsters could stagger you and they didn't idle at all with long winded animations(besides maybe sorc in ruins) or able to be knocked out (there was a handful that could actually be knocked on the ground), starting on hard from normal two or three hits was all it took for a death, and anything above hard mode they quickly surround you after doing so which was even more fatal if they did. In this instance you would actually want them to knock you on the ground (if you're caught)so you get a free way out of getting hit more than once and have a chance to heal. You actually had to position yourself to where you could fight and not be overwhelmed by sheer numbers, or just raw power from getting smacked with low gear on. Now, PSO2 is completely different in difficulty being that, well, there is none. Unlike PSO1, when I entered hard mode, and very hard, I just waltzed in and roflstomped everything without breaking a sweat, so to speak. Whereas PSO1 I'm pretty sure I remember feeling like I'm constantly in danger, which I was. Now, I'm stressing that I am strictly talking about when you first enter these difficulties, not after you're decked out in high grind high quality rares and god abilties etc.

With that said, I don't think they can really change the way the difficulty is with out destroying part of what makes this game. The way it's built is to just run around and blow everything up very fast, weak bullet being around in a multiparty is a testament to that. But I really wish they would just give all enemies super armor like the gunner, meaning unable to be knocked down by heavy attacks even while you're attacking for those that don't already know what it is. I think that'd spice things up a bit...if they didnt explode within a few sec from 12 peeps going off on em.
Thank you. It's so anoying hearing over and over again how it was the same in PSO1 while it was not.

PSO1 had a reasonable challenge starting from normal forest already, and from there on it consistently raised towards each next area. So the issue of the game being "too" easy wasn't there to begin with.

Sometimes it's like people talk without any experience with the first game, because very hard was not the same as normal and hard like that's the case in PSO2. The changes were basic, but that's beside the point. The mode did at least feel like a change. I guess it may be true that most of the community exist of PSU players

Eternal255
Oct 17, 2012, 10:29 AM
I'm waiting for something like ultimate mode seabed and central control tower (inside tower).

PW4!!! :D