PDA

View Full Version : Will there be a 10* rod?

sexyslut
Oct 11, 2012, 07:23 AM
There are 10* guns and swords but no 10* rods yet :/

I don't think that's fair. :C I hope someone finds it soon so I know how to build my trees if they need more tatk. If lambda garland needs 578 then I can't imagine what a 10* will need. x.x

Slidikins
Oct 11, 2012, 08:27 AM
I don't understand why there's a picture here, but do we have to have the spoiler-box discussion again?

As for the original topic: sure, there will be a 10* rod. No one's found it yet, however, so it's not showing up on any JP wiki from what I can see. I don't think it'll be entirely too hard to meet the reqs, though. My Lv40 TEmarl subbing a Lv31 Force and a 40-something T-Atk MAG already has 511 T-Atk. A newman Force at 50/50 with an appropriate mag should have much more. (I also only have 20 T-atk from both skill trees, iirc.)

Dextro
Oct 11, 2012, 10:46 AM
Not sure if anyone else has noticed this, but the 9* Rod (Gramasciento or something) received a ridiculous boost to its base damage.

Pre-update mine was sitting at around 620 tatk, whereas now it's at 767~
Probably to make up for the lack of a 10* rod....

Slidikins
Oct 11, 2012, 10:51 AM
None of the wikis have reflected on that, but I'm guessing your Gramasciento was at +8 before? (Wikis are still showing +10 to be about 707 T-atk) It's very possible that grinding effects have been scaled as well. 10* grinds are really really amazing on the wikis compared to the pre-patch tables... I wouldn't be surprised to find out the gap is narrower than I thought.

Crysteon
Oct 11, 2012, 10:56 AM
None of the wikis have reflected on that, but I'm guessing your Gramasciento was at +8 before? (Wikis are still showing +10 to be about 707 T-atk) It's very possible that grinding effects have been scaled as well. 10* grinds are really really amazing on the wikis compared to the pre-patch tables... I wouldn't be surprised to find out the gap is narrower than I thought.

It's 707 if you discard Ragne + Tech 3 bonuses (+60 TAtk).

Dextro
Oct 11, 2012, 10:57 AM

It's been +10 with Atk+60 since the day the rod was released, so i can say with 100% confidence that it was 564 base T-Atk at +10 (or 624 with Atk+60).

It's quite possible you're right and they just adjusted all the grind scaling instead of manually adjusting each weapon's base value. Because my friend also noticed his Ardillo's attack value shot up after the update (also a top tier 9* weapon).

Z-0
Oct 11, 2012, 11:23 AM
There is a new 8-star rod that's better than Gramascient post-updated though.

By less than 10 T-Atk (it's a blue Twinkle rod, lol).

Slidikins
Oct 11, 2012, 11:23 AM
Arkive is still showing 561 T-Atk at +10, while the google doc and JP wikis are showing 707 (+60 would explain your 767). The base T-Atk is reading different (321 v. 404) so it might not just be the grind values...

(I always compare weapons as if there were no affixes, since not everyone is going to customize it the same way. For instance, I roll Quartz/Tech on my armors as Techer...)

Crysteon
Oct 11, 2012, 11:25 AM
Apparently, Mr Umbra drops a 10* rod, Umbra Stick (picture from uploader):

http://www.pso2-uploader.info/uploda/src/up21924.jpg

I'm curious about that "Temptation" affix, lol.

Z-0
Oct 11, 2012, 11:55 AM
Rare Item droprate +10%