PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 Emergency Maintenance incoming 10/12 9am to 2pm

Mike
Oct 11, 2012, 10:19 AM
From the official site (http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=504). On the October 12th, from 9am to 2pm, there will be an emergency maintenance to fix the following two problems:

Experience from level 41 being too high
Ship order being reversed

You'll have to change this to your own time zones to make sure but it will occur around nine hours from the time of this posting.

BIG OLAF
Oct 11, 2012, 10:20 AM
Haha, oh damn. Didn't take long for Sakai n' gang to buckle under the pressure.

What about fixing the goddamn sell-prices?

eharima
Oct 11, 2012, 10:20 AM
spechural rebru apu!! login friday, gain 5 levels GJ sakai san!! ^^

it mentions the team will review the situation

Polly
Oct 11, 2012, 10:21 AM
Makes me wonder if something as stupid as "woops, we put an extra 0 there" actually happened or if this is a reactionary measure of "WELL WE SURE FUCKED THAT UP SORRY BUY MORE AC PLEASE :(" The 91,400 or whatever to hit 40-41 jumping to around 200k seems more sensible and about in line with how PSO's values shot up post 99 on the Dreamcast Version 2.

Mike
Oct 11, 2012, 10:25 AM

The price situation is mentioned in a seperate post here (http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=503). On the next weekly maintenance, mates, grinding, medical center boosts, and other vendor related prices will be adjusted to meet the current meseta flow.

ashley50
Oct 11, 2012, 10:25 AM
Time zone....checked.

NoiseHERO
Oct 11, 2012, 10:27 AM
Thank god, this is still a JRPG after all...

For now.

Daemyn
Oct 11, 2012, 10:32 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

That's still one hell of an oops sega.

Alenoir
Oct 11, 2012, 10:45 AM
- Current exp table was done back in July, when we were eating through the levels on each class like, after a week or so of playing or something for the more hardcore players.

- Their original plan was to not put in any level cap raise for a while after this (possibly 'till next year) and give capped players special items for hitting a level's worth of exp or something, and hard fields/quests for said players during the beginning of the year. They would then increase the exp we get from doing things slowly as more people hit Lv50. But since everyone whined, the exp increase (or exp curve decrease) is happening tomorrow.

Shirokami
Oct 11, 2012, 10:47 AM
Oh yeah, prices of Doo Doo going down.
Guess whut?
Actual price 5000
Price after updte 4999
Hurrr durrr u mad? trolololol

^I foresee this happening...

Crysteon
Oct 11, 2012, 10:51 AM
Well....he certainly took it back too fast, lol. It would be sad to know he was just trolling us really hard with those crazy numbers. U mad, mortals?

Cry0
Oct 11, 2012, 10:52 AM
good @ exp lowering.

dudu better get real cheap real fast. He's enough of a thief as it is.

eharima
Oct 11, 2012, 11:45 AM
all they had to do was take the current amount of exp and spread it over 200lv not 100 with a retarded growth rate from 40.
like 100 should be end game when all pso/psu had 200/180

CelestialBlade
Oct 11, 2012, 11:51 AM
Good that they're jumping on the EXP issue. Really hoping the eventual pricing changes help out too.

ShinMaruku
Oct 11, 2012, 11:56 AM
More proof that any branch of sega is incompetent not just the US one. :E

DoubleCannon
Oct 11, 2012, 11:57 AM
I am curious about this next year hard quests thing? So perhaps that hour glass symbol will show red? lol. I want epic hard free fields... i am very upset that very hard is a cake walk. We get subclass which boosted us even more, guys on my team do 3k dmg now!! 1 hit KO things! Bosses became a joke. Ways I believe sega should fix that

More Defence all around on monsters, Faster movement, Make monsters not flinch when you hit them 100% the time! Alot more hp! We do 3k, well monsters need way more so they can fight back. I really hope Sakai can improve this.

Eternal255
Oct 11, 2012, 12:07 PM
I am curious about this next year hard quests thing? So perhaps that hour glass symbol will show red? lol. I want epic hard free fields... i am very upset that very hard is a cake walk. We get subclass which boosted us even more, guys on my team do 3k dmg now!! 1 hit KO things! Bosses became a joke. Ways I believe sega should fix that

More Defence all around on monsters, Faster movement, Make monsters not flinch when you hit them 100% the time! Alot more hp! We do 3k, well monsters need way more so they can fight back. I really hope Sakai can improve this.

monsters always died quick in pso, im not against that here. i liked the xp change but it was TOO dramatic, cut off a zero for now but if we have a cap at 100 make sure we need a good couple million or so per level after 80 (though i would love to see the same exp levels & tables PSOBB had or at least similar)

Mizunos
Oct 11, 2012, 12:13 PM
Horrible move from Sega. since we're talking about japanese players and their thirst of easy mode, you can bet that the cap will be reachable within 24 hours now, sigh.

NoiseHERO
Oct 11, 2012, 12:16 PM
Horrible move from Sega. since we're talking about japanese players and their thirst of easy mode, you can bet that the cap will be reachable within 24 hours now, sigh.

Wait... doesn't that only make it horrible a move... for you? D:

So yeah for most of us and the other 400k Japanese players this is still good news. (I doubt all 1 mil accounts are active)

Ezodagrom
Oct 11, 2012, 12:34 PM
Because needing double of the exp acquired between lvl 1 and 41 for lvl 42 is fair, right? :wacko:

Aegea
Oct 11, 2012, 12:34 PM

Maybe Sega should have added the bonus items or converting exp like they originally had planned.

Eternal255
Oct 11, 2012, 12:49 PM
I apologize if this was acknowledged already, but here's a post from the pso-world home page

Another highly controversial change in yesterday's content update was the reduction of the vendor sell price for most items. In particular, many players expressed concern that the cost of consumable items remained the same, despite the decrease in their income. Sakai acknowledged that they have received a lot of feedback on this and, as a result, will be adjusting the cost of mates, grinding materials, medical center boosts, and other vendor-related items to be more in-line with the current meseta flow. This adjustment will be taking place during next week's regularly scheduled maintenance on October 17th.

looking forward to that. hopefully cost of drinks drop too (by 90% lol)

Tomeeboy
Oct 11, 2012, 12:49 PM
Thanks for the info on today's official site updates. Thought it was worth two news stories here (http://www.pso-world.com/news/02466-pso2-jp-emergency-maintenance-scheduled-tonight) and here (http://www.pso-world.com/news/02467-pso2-jp-producer-satoshi-sakai-addresses-experience-vendor-prices) ;)

Xaeris
Oct 11, 2012, 01:52 PM
I wouldn't cheer too much. If it's "from 42" that they're looking at, the ~2.8m exp from 41-42 is still going to be with us, and the subsequent levels aren't likely to be less.

Brus
Oct 11, 2012, 01:56 PM
I wouldn't cheer too much. If it's "from 42" that they're looking at, the ~2.8m exp from 41-42 is still going to be with us, and the subsequent levels aren't likely to be less.

The actual page says "From 41," so I don't think that's the case.

Zeota
Oct 11, 2012, 03:23 PM
I think they had an interesting idea at first but honestly I think that's something better saved for when they're done with level caps. Something like the GAS thing from PSU or merit points from FFXI.

Xaeris
Oct 11, 2012, 03:29 PM
The actual page says "From 41," so I don't think that's the case.

Oh, in that case, let's break out some champagne.

Zyrusticae
Oct 11, 2012, 03:57 PM
At the beginning of next year, they will introduce a system for those that reach the level cap that includes highly difficult quest and fields.
Seriously, why is there not more discussion on this?

This sounds great. Hell, this sounds wonderful. If this really pans out and is actually, genuinely challenging... it could be a whole new game for some folks!

Ezodagrom
Oct 11, 2012, 04:01 PM

This sounds great. Hell, this sounds wonderful. If this really pans out and is actually, genuinely challenging... it could be a whole new game for some folks!
Indeed, now to hope that highly difficult quests and fields doesn't mean quests and fields with enemies that have the same behaviour as previous difficulty enemies, but with higher stats. :|

Enforcer MKV
Oct 11, 2012, 04:12 PM

o3o Where was this found?

Zyrusticae
Oct 11, 2012, 04:13 PM
o3o Where was this found?
http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-jp-emergency-maintenance-to-fix-the-exp-curve/

ShadowDragon28
Oct 11, 2012, 04:16 PM
I'm very pleased they will be adjusting and tweeking things.

I still think they should impose a cap on the amount of meseta players with a My Shop can put up any item for. Cap it at say 500k or 1 million. That will encourage My Shop owners to lower prices IMO.

They better make those non-tradeable 10,11 star weapons & Units tradable, if not to other players, then exchangable to the fucking Recycle Shop for player only special items like Boosters, Color Change Tickets, Special costumes, etc...

Zeota
Oct 11, 2012, 04:30 PM
I'm very pleased they will be adjusting and tweeking things.

I still think they should impose a cap on the amount of meseta players with a My Shop can put up any item for. Cap it at say 500k or 1 million. That will encourage My Shop owners to lower prices IMO.

They better make those non-tradeable 10,11 star weapons & Units tradable, if not to other players, then exchangable to the fucking Recycle Shop for player only special items like Boosters, Color Change Tickets, Special costumes, etc...

I only partially agree with making 10 star+ items bind on pick-up. I could understand it for items obtained through events or upgraded through a series of client orders but not stuff found on the field. Part of the fun of the original PSO was being able to barter off the stuff you didn't want for stuff you did.

Enforcer MKV
Oct 11, 2012, 04:31 PM
http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-jp-emergency-maintenance-to-fix-the-exp-curve/

Ah, yes, I see, I see...*nods*

....next year needs to hurry the heck up!

Cry0
Oct 11, 2012, 05:16 PM
they should also boost drop rates for rares of your class. This would
A) make you actually find rares you use
B) decrease the willingness of players to sell there rares
C) make the game feel more rewarding
D) may encourage you to level multiple classes and increase the game's longevity.

also, it would prevent a certain player (a.k.a. moi) from having the best launcher 3x, second best launcher, best rifle, best wand and second best rod without actually having found a DECENT rare for the class you mostly play (except for tarunada).

Tenlade
Oct 11, 2012, 07:17 PM
I think if any major tweaks happen its gonna be in the near future, because by next year they're going to need to finalize everything for the vita version, and they cant be making any last minute changes. I hope they remove the 10 star bind on pick up though.

Mike
Oct 11, 2012, 07:23 PM
I worded that poorly. Shows what trying to think right before going to bed will do. Time for an edit.

CelestialBlade
Oct 11, 2012, 08:12 PM

Yeah, totally looking forward to this. In light of how goddamn powerful some subjob combinations can make you, I'm really itching for something that at least tests my skills a little.

Dark Emerald EXE
Oct 11, 2012, 08:17 PM
Concerning Cheaters:

They have now implemented a system to detect cheaters in the October 10th update. In the future, once a problem is detected, they will switch over to suspending the accounts immediately.

Hope there's some solid accusation with this oppose to "assuming" X person did this....
Seen a few examples of this on ffxi....can't really compare the games but still

BIG OLAF
Oct 11, 2012, 08:19 PM
Huh, suspending accounts immediately? Hopefully they make sure there's probable cause first and not just read every report and BANHAMMER minutes later.

Macman
Oct 11, 2012, 08:26 PM
Get ready for a lot of casualties.

Asellus
Oct 11, 2012, 09:20 PM
The price situation is mentioned in a seperate post here (http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=503). On the next weekly maintenance, mates, grinding, medical center boosts, and other vendor related prices will be adjusted to meet the current meseta flow.

Damn fkn straight they better be!

But yeah, all rage aside, after they adjusted the meseta drop but failed to reduce the cost of grinding etc. I felt like they put up a big sign that read "Newbies not welcome."

Chik'Tikka
Oct 11, 2012, 11:54 PM
and to think, i saw items in the history for the level 43 missions+^_^+ (was really looking forward to a nice long leveling again, but oh well...仕方がない・・・)

also, 1:55p in Japan right now, if everything's on track we will be able to play in 5 minutes+^_^+ (just in time, just got done with work)+^_^+

Dark Emerald EXE
Oct 13, 2012, 11:46 AM
Huh, suspending accounts immediately? Hopefully they make sure there's probable cause first and not just read every report and BANHAMMER minutes later.

This is exactly my concern.
An example of this in FFXI (unsure how strict is now but...)
Say you had a mule with like a bunch of gil lets say 20 mil

but the mule itself is only like level 5.

Assumption would say...hmmmm low level....alot of gil....yea RMT'r

And the silly thing is having a mule with a high level craft isn't uncommon.
They just kept the money that char made on that one but ad far as they're concerned it "Appears" as if they was RMT'n

Since there was a few exploits in game that sparked that up. (Leaving a level 30 char in an endless 8+ hour party) The character gets EXP and cruor (currency in that zone) which they can then convert cruor into a NPC-able item and get free gil for just sitting in a party getting exp.... ><

Lostbob117
Oct 13, 2012, 02:45 PM
More proof that any branch of sega is incompetent not just the US one. :E

No, no -- US would not jump to this case right away. But however, JP did it right away.