PDA

View Full Version : Luck turn to anxiety.

[Ayumi]
Oct 11, 2012, 07:12 PM
Maybe that's the wrong english word...
either way, about 3 minutes before the maintenance I've found my very 1st 10+ Disc. Level 12 Rabarta.
When I got to the counter to change to Force to learn it, then tried to go into the campship it cut me off x.x.

Geistritter
Oct 11, 2012, 07:15 PM
Anxiety isn't really the right word, unless you get panic attacks from having to wait a couple of hours to do something that ultimately has little effect on anything.

In which case, that must suck.

To be fair, the right word for the situation doesn't really come to me at the moment.

[Ayumi]
Oct 11, 2012, 07:17 PM
Anxiety isn't really the right word, unless you get panic attacks from having to wait a couple of hours to do something that ultimately has little effect on anything.

In which case, that must suck.

To be fair, the right word for the situation doesn't really come to me at the moment.

Pretty much trying to say I'm anxious to know how it looks and the attack power is.
Not having a panic attack or anything though.

BIG OLAF
Oct 11, 2012, 07:19 PM
I think you'll be okay waiting for maintenance to finish. I thought I read someone elsewhere saying the damage difference for techs is minimal anyway. However, I noticed that the power percentage boost between Lv.10 and Lv.11+ skill discs is pretty damn high.

Geistritter
Oct 11, 2012, 07:22 PM
;2868699']Pretty much trying to say I'm anxious to know how it looks and the attack power is.
Not having a panic attack or anything though.

Well, language is a fickle thing. "Anxious" and "anxiety" are the same word used in different situations, but "anxiety" tends to have a different, more distressed connotation than "anxious" just based on how people commonly use it. These days, when damn near every aspect of a human being can be seen as a disorder in some way, "anxiety" particularly tends to refer to people who suffer from it regularly.

That was way more exposition than the topic demanded.

DoubleCannon
Oct 11, 2012, 07:26 PM
Anxious- Experiencing worry, unease, or nervousness, typically about an imminent event or something with an uncertain outcome.

Anxiety- A feeling of worry, nervousness, or unease, typically about an imminent event or something with an uncertain outcome.

So we got experience and we got feeling, which 2 could very well be the same as if you are feeling it you are experiencing it. am I on the right page here? lol

Artificial Sky
Oct 11, 2012, 08:44 PM
Well, language is a fickle thing. "Anxious" and "anxiety" are the same word used in different situations, but "anxiety" tends to have a different, more distressed connotation than "anxious" just based on how people commonly use it. These days, when damn near every aspect of a human being can be seen as a disorder in some way, "anxiety" particularly tends to refer to people who suffer from it regularly.

That was way more exposition than the topic demanded.

This was good. This was fun. I enjoyed this. Language is a savage beast preying on human beings. ^^

Enforcer MKV
Oct 11, 2012, 09:02 PM
I think the word you're looking for is "anticipation"