PDA

View Full Version : Mr.Umbrella

Pyroromancer
Oct 11, 2012, 10:13 PM
I've engaged in the Mr.Umbrella interrupt twice now where we have to "Take 2 Hits from him."

Multiple players were point-blank distance from him and the announcer would say "FAIL." Then Mr.Umbrella would spin and hit a bunch of players and killing 1 both times and thats it.

Does anyone know how this interrupt works?

BIG OLAF
Oct 11, 2012, 10:16 PM
I'm curious, does he only appear in Forest? Sorry for not answering your question, but I've just been meaning to find the answer. I know he's pretty uncommon, too.

Onvirtual
Oct 11, 2012, 10:17 PM
My friend posted in our community forum that he also appears on cave v hard.

mykristian
Oct 11, 2012, 10:18 PM
I'm curious, does he only appear in Forest? Sorry for not answering your question, but I've just been meaning to find the answer. I know he's pretty uncommon, too.

I had him spawn during a city EQ.

BIG OLAF
Oct 11, 2012, 10:21 PM
My friend posted in our community forum that he also appears on cave v hard.

Oh, thanks. I bet seeing him in the City was a funny surprise.

Rika-chan
Oct 11, 2012, 10:21 PM

Noelle, how do you beat the code :o

Seraphus
Oct 11, 2012, 10:27 PM
I've engaged in the Mr.Umbrella interrupt twice now where we have to "Take 2 Hits from him."

Multiple players were point-blank distance from him and the announcer would say "FAIL." Then Mr.Umbrella would spin and hit a bunch of players and killing 1 both times and thats it.

Does anyone know how this interrupt works?

Maybe, someone had already hit him? I think you are supposed to take 2 hits without him getting hit from what I have read. I don't know for sure but if someone does, I'd like to know.

Mike
Oct 11, 2012, 10:30 PM
Maybe, someone had already hit him? I think you are supposed to take 2 hits without him getting hit from what I have read. I don't know for sure but if someone does, I'd like to know.
Pretty sure that's how it works. Haven't tried it myself though.

Pyroromancer
Oct 11, 2012, 10:40 PM

First time was in a boss run group no one attacked him. Second time was with a multi-party. Im fairly certain no one hit him as i didnt hear or see any indicators that someone may have hit him. No impact sound, tech chime etc.

A mystery for now!

Macman
Oct 11, 2012, 10:42 PM
Maybe your mags hit him. Better unequip your mags when he shows up!

Courina
Oct 11, 2012, 11:19 PM
take off your mag is very bad idea due make the stats bonus gone... just dont feed it ... starving mag wont do anything

Arika
Oct 12, 2012, 12:46 PM
Monster can hit him too btw!

Heat Haze
Oct 12, 2012, 02:29 PM
Seen him about three times or so, how does one succeed in the code?

We're supposed to take hits from him, that much I know but all he does is.. twirl around for a minute then cries and the code fails.

No monster, mag or person touched him or anything.

Ryuujin13
Oct 12, 2012, 05:32 PM
does guarding against him count as a hit? cause as long as you don't do a just guard you do take damage...

plasism
Oct 13, 2012, 03:22 AM
After watching this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAqFAiYE6xI

If you watch it during 0:32, Mr. Umbra twirls around, and at the end, he smashes down on someone, if you look on the right side, it counts towards the 2 hits.

So what I can assume is that, to complete this, its best to surround Mr Umbra, and hope that at the end of his twirl, he is facing someone and attacks him.

However when i found Mr Umbra earlier today, at the end of his twirl, he didn't "fall down", I'm assuming that you have to stand absolutely still? It'd be nice if some people could confirm the actual method.

Eijuhei
Oct 13, 2012, 04:15 AM
i never met him but i think you have to stand still and survive his attacks without hitting him back...

jooozek
Oct 13, 2012, 01:01 PM
I've succeeded the code today and what we did was just form a circle around, when he spins he then hits in a random place and that is why you need to spread out. It needs to hit people twice, doesn't matter who as long as it hits. It's a code so the hits count for everyone around it.

PrinceBrightstar
Oct 13, 2012, 02:44 PM
What is this guy's back story anyway? Is he a darker? Is he something drawn from Japanese mythology?

Omega-z
Oct 13, 2012, 03:39 PM
Jonathan_F - He's the Catfish God of earthquakes and Doom.

In Japanese mythology, the Namazu (鯰) or Ōnamazu (大鯰) is a giant catfish who causes earthquakes. He lives in the mud under the islands of Japan, and is guarded by the god Kashima who restrains the catfish with a stone.

But for this game's story it's still unclear what role he play's....maybe a filler....maybec.

oh, also from the boss box the 10* Rod the Umbra Cane can be obtained.

Meji
Oct 13, 2012, 05:19 PM
I've succeeded the code today and what we did was just form a circle around, when he spins he then hits in a random place and that is why you need to spread out. It needs to hit people twice, doesn't matter who as long as it hits. It's a code so the hits count for everyone around it.This is pretty much how it's solved, people.
Met him today, and cleared it.

Saffran
Oct 13, 2012, 05:44 PM
People were obviously hit several times in that video as well. Why didn't it count there? Because he didn't hit twice in a row?

Spellbinder
Oct 13, 2012, 06:05 PM
People were obviously hit several times in that video as well. Why didn't it count there? Because he didn't hit twice in a row?

Are you referring to the game trailer he appears in? I'd have to go back and watch the broadcast again, but I remember Sakai saying in order to clear this code you have to "let him fight you", whatever that means. However, if you do something wrong (not quite sure what that is yet) he'll get angry, which I think is why people have been getting killed without clearing it.

jooozek
Oct 13, 2012, 06:37 PM

Pretty sure that's not the problem. I'd think more that it's because he hit 3 people with one swing, the third swing I can't tell how many people he hit but yeah, that's my guess (the first hit that count hit 2 people only).

Renvalt
Oct 13, 2012, 07:42 PM
From what I could tell by watching the video:

The one hit that count Mr. Umbra still had his hand on his cane. I'm thinking he needs to still have a grip on his cane when he hits or else it doesn't count.

I'm thinking he just spins around and whacks at random. It's not an AI based aggro, but more like a random attack that he does that can hit those in the vicinity - and to clear the code, you NEED to get hit by it.

Joozek, a question for you: When he hit you and your team twice, did he drop his cane during those times? I'm thinking if his cane drops, he gets frustrated. If he does it too many times, it causes the failure.

Also, maybe it's just me, but that flame geyser that popped up before he failed may have contributed to it. Even a slight touch could aggravate him (especially if he's a catfish type monster).

Pyroromancer
Oct 13, 2012, 07:51 PM
Adding info.

Finally a successful Mr.Umbrella.

-I've gathered that Mr.Umbrella actually personally asks the victim to be hit. In other words. If you don't see him talking, Bubbles and text, that means hes not talking to you.

-If he is chatting to you, you need to walk up to him point-blank distance and just sit still, eventually he will wallup you with his cane. I was the target this time. And thats it Success! Its a good idea for everyone else in the group to keep a decent distance.

-make sure you have full health to survive the hit. Dont know if it makes a difference whether you survive or not. No observations.

Remember, if you see him chatting, hes talking to you and you need to step up.

Eternal255
Oct 15, 2012, 02:15 PM
easiest way to succeed is just to have everyone point blank distance.

i succeeded twice out of the three times he appeared (im pretty sure the first time he succeeded but i was on the other side of the map when the mpa saw him) and the third time he hit me twice.

i dont recall him saying anything to me at all, however.

edit: this was mentioned in page 2, mybad

supersonix9
Oct 15, 2012, 02:20 PM
Most importantly, do we get rares from this Code?

Alenoir
Oct 15, 2012, 02:31 PM
Most importantly, do we get rares from this Code?

He drops an all class cane (http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%82%A2%E3%83%B3%E3%83%96%E3%83%A9%E3% 82%B9%E3%83%86%E3%83%83%E3%82%AD)...erm, rod. 10*.

supersonix9
Oct 15, 2012, 02:39 PM
Excellent. Thanks!

Inazuma
Oct 15, 2012, 02:45 PM
I really really want that 10 star all-class rod so I can level every non-force class, and be somewhat strong. Until then, I can use my trusty Mic Stand.