PDA

View Full Version : SEGA Cracking Down on RMT & Cheaters

Tomeeboy
Oct 12, 2012, 02:22 PM
SEGA made a new post (http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=510) on the JP players site today to remind players of their policy on RMT and that offending accounts will be suspended. Combined with a small tidbit about a new cheat detection system, mentioned by Sakai in yesterday's post addressing the EXP curve and vendor prices, it looks like SEGA trying to take an active stance on dealing with these issues.

Full story posted on the front page (http://www.pso-world.com) and here's a direct link:

http://www.pso-world.com/news/02468-sega-cracking-down-rmt-and-cheaters-pso2-jp

CelestialBlade
Oct 12, 2012, 02:25 PM
I hope it's actually effective against RMTers and hackers (until they figure out something else), but I also hope that there's no "civilian casualties" in this either. They're taking a bit of a zero-tolerance stance in this, which is good, but I know people were wrongfully banned during the time when hackers were moving people into impossible areas, so I hope they won't be as hasty as they sound in judging.

Still, good to see them taking more of a stand. Reducing RMTers helps the market a little too.

Temprus
Oct 12, 2012, 02:26 PM
I'm gonna sound completely ignorant when I ask this..... But what's RMT?

iTz PooKiie xx
Oct 12, 2012, 02:28 PM
I'm gonna sound completely ignorant when I ask this..... But what's RMT?

real money trading. trading meseta for cash

Karen Erra
Oct 12, 2012, 02:35 PM
real money trading. trading meseta for cash

or trading items for real money, like people sold their Rutsularods in PSU in the beginning for idk how much bucks :P

Temprus
Oct 12, 2012, 03:44 PM
Ah, then that's what those stupidly named (as in random letters) characters are all about (or so someone mentioned to me calling them bots).

Yunfa
Oct 12, 2012, 09:22 PM
How in the world, will they catch players buying meseta? And why didn't they do this from the start...hmmmm

Porkmaster
Oct 12, 2012, 09:31 PM
Cracking down on RMT so early? Sega must feel threatened by the people selling items or meseta for cash because they know more about what the players want than Sega does.

Galax
Oct 12, 2012, 09:32 PM
It's not necessarily buying meseta...it can be any item that's tradeable. It happened on PSU 360 all the time - There was some autologin account that came on, walked around first floor in...I think it was Universe 17 - and if you were there, it confirmed your gamertag and traded you the meseta and/or items you bought with real money. An ex-friend of mine did this often - Ex because he liked to rub his cash-bought gear in our faces, among other asshat-related reasons.

But yeah, it happens - like cheating, you'll never fully erase it, there's always that one guy who says "SCREW THE RULES", but the less of it the better imo.

As to catching...It could be a matter of keeping track of statistic possibility of getting a certain setup of equips with certain percents/grinds, then looking around with "undercover" staff who might randomly join parties, see a player with a weapon doing damage of the kind +7-10s do, and see them with a full set of really rare units or something similar...Or perhaps SEGA employees have a version of /invsee, which in Minecraft allows you to view another's inventory, where they can check what you're equipped with at their discretion.

If they don't have that, I might ask them why not...Of course it's possible you earned it legitimately, but if you got a +10 9* Sword in the same week as three 8* +10 units and you're using lv10 Megiverse - which atm on Ship 10 is going for about 200-300k+ - and it's confirmed via records or whatever you got that in the past week or two as well...
That is kinda suspicious, y'know?

Angelo
Oct 12, 2012, 10:54 PM
Deter RMT?

Let us buy meseta with AC.

;)

NoiseHERO
Oct 12, 2012, 10:55 PM
And why didn't they do this from the start...hmmmm

/looks at 1 million players announcement.

thinktank001
Oct 13, 2012, 01:38 AM
Deter RMT?

Let us buy meseta with AC.

;)

As great as it sounds this doesn't work. RMTers always undercut the prices that sega would list.

IMHO, about the only way to make it work is to allow players to trade AC for meseta with one another.

eharima
Oct 13, 2012, 01:59 AM
This is why rmt'ers will always take a good wedge of segas money.

RMT= pay to win.
SEGA= pay to gamble at a chance of maybe getting a costume that might be worth something for a month or so, that you probably don't want, is useless and are more likley to get a grinder or even better a synthesizer.

You gotta be fucking dumb to have only 2 list for AC scratch.
You need several lists, costumes only, my room items list, grind items boosters, mag feed and device list, lucky scratch rolls for skill reset, mag reset este tickets list. On and on.

A more structured set of lists meaning broader market appeal = more people spending money. Hurrrr!

Alenoir
Oct 13, 2012, 04:18 AM
SEGA= pay to gamble at a chance of maybe getting a costume that might be worth something for a month or so, that you probably don't want, is useless and are more likley to get a grinder or even better a synthesizer.

There are no grinders on the AC scratch list, though. >.> Last time I checked, two things on there are account bound (+100% boosters), the rest are stuffs that goes for 70k+.

eharima
Oct 13, 2012, 06:18 AM
There are no grinders on the AC scratch list, though. >.> Last time I checked, two things on there are account bound (+100% boosters), the rest are stuffs that goes for 70k+.

Haven't played scratch since the first month launch, so I can't remember, although I'm sure I got a grinder a fue times back then and was like, lolno.

So essentialy you're saying that 200¥ equates to a decent monetary value In today's virtual economy?
And that is only now an increased price because of recycle shop.

I'll let you do the math, but protip; that's not good monetary value.
Inb4 any argument about playing the RNG.

Galax
Oct 13, 2012, 07:24 AM
You get grinders in FUN scratch. I have never heard of grinders in AC scratch.