PDA

View Full Version : Basic Questions

Shuugo
Oct 12, 2012, 03:03 PM
Hello everyone. How are you all?

I just started playing PSO2 one week ago on Ship 2, and I have some basic questions that I couldn't figure out by myself / find the answers anywhere.

I do believe some of these questions have already been extensively explored here in the forums, but I humbly ask you to bear with me, since I really could not find answers even after reading for a while.

Thanks in advance for anyone who reads / replies to these:

1) How do I get more costumes? In the shop, I only see the starting ones (available in the character creation screen) being sold. Where are the other ones I keep seeing people equipped with?

2) I already have a Mag and I have even fed it, but I don't know how to get it out. Isn't it supposed to hover over my character? Also, what should I have in mind when selecting the items I feed it?

3) I see that it is very common for people to join you in the quests you have created, however, the game does not seem to give any sort of announcement as to who the players that joined are, or what they're doing and etc. Is there really no way to tell how many players are joining your quests? Also, how do I join someone else's quest while not being on their party? (I only see the option to join in a party in the quest menu on the lobby / ship)

4) How do I get an NPC to join my party in order to complete certain requests? I was not able to read the entire in-game tutorial, but I see that I do have to set up a password in my quest. However, I still don't know how to make the character join me.

5) During an open field exploration, I found a "? Special Weapon". How do I identify it?

Again, huge thanks in advance for anyone who reads this.

If there is anything else you guys feel that I as a beginner should be aware of and didn't ask here, please, do let me know =).

Thank you!

Shirokami
Oct 12, 2012, 03:26 PM
Hello everyone. How are you all?

I just started playing PSO2 one week ago on Ship 2, and I have some basic questions that I couldn't figure out by myself / find the answers anywhere.

I do believe some of these questions have already been extensively explored here in the forums, but I humbly ask you to bear with me, since I really could not find answers even after reading for a while.

Thanks in advance for anyone who reads / replies to these:

1) How do I get more costumes? In the shop, I only see the starting ones (available in the character creation screen) being sold. Where are the other ones I keep seeing people equipped with?

2) I already have a Mag and I have even fed it, but I don't know how to get it out. Isn't it supposed to hover over my character? Also, what should I have in mind when selecting the items I feed it?

3) I see that it is very common for people to join you in the quests you have created, however, the game does not seem to give any sort of announcement as to who the players that joined are, or what they're doing and etc. Is there really no way to tell how many players are joining your quests? Also, how do I join someone else's quest while not being on their party? (I only see the option to join in a party in the quest menu on the lobby / ship)

4) How do I get an NPC to join my party in order to complete certain requests? I was not able to read the entire in-game tutorial, but I see that I do have to set up a password in my quest. However, I still don't know how to make the character join me.

5) During an open field exploration, I found a "? Special Weapon". How do I identify it?

Again, huge thanks in advance for anyone who reads this.

If there is anything else you guys feel that I as a beginner should be aware of and didn't ask here, please, do let me know =).

Thank you!

1) Check visiphone for more pocket ripping clothes.
2) Press 4, click your mag, click equip
3) Join the quest with another party instead of joining the party
4) You can find NPC characters in the campship middle panel to your left.
5) Go to the tekker to identify it for a pocket ripping price.

Have fun.

Shuugo
Oct 12, 2012, 09:57 PM
Thank you for the quick reply, Shirokami!

Rien
Oct 13, 2012, 12:35 AM
How do I find rare bosses?

I've been running for awhile now and I'm yet to see any of the recolored mobs/bosses.

Chik'Tikka
Oct 13, 2012, 01:08 AM
Here's Dragwind's sticky from the guides section, it should help you find guides scattered around PSO-W+^_^+
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=196271

and here's the guides list from bumped, it's very thorough and helps a great number of people+^_^+
http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-guide-list/

Shuugo
Oct 14, 2012, 12:59 PM
Hi again guys.

I have three other beginner questions that I would like to ask:

1) My Hunter is currently level 15. I barely distributed any skill points because I really don't know what builds are good and what builds aren't. Is there any consensus as to what builds are viable for Hunters?

2) I notice that as a Hunter, I fail to tank anything. If I play in the areas that are up to what my level of character is supposed to be doing, 4 hits are enough to kill me. Also, my damage is not great (even using Swords, the weapon that apparently grants the bigger damage output out of everything a Hunter can use). The question is: is there a point in playing Hunter when the damage output of Ranger and Force seem to be infinitely higher? I've seen level 5~6 people dealing waaaaay more damage than I do.

3) On bosses in general, what are the criteria for determining the drop quality I get?

Again, thanks very much in advance, everyone.

May0
Oct 14, 2012, 01:21 PM
I thought I heard everyone gets thier own drops like in torchlight 2? is this the case or do I have ninja whatever I see?

Kirbylovedebug
Oct 14, 2012, 01:34 PM
Everyone gets their own drops so be sure to be greedy as hell(cause your not actually being greedy)

Shuugo
Oct 14, 2012, 01:35 PM
May0, everyone do get their own drops, but I feel there are times when I beat bosses and the drops are so good compared to some other times when I defeated the very same bosses, that I can only imagine there is some kind of mechanism behind the quality of the loot acquired when killing bosses.