PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 Rare bosses

Natsuma
Oct 12, 2012, 06:17 PM
Hello there,

I was wondering if any of you fought against a rare boss yet?
If so, was it harder than regular ones? Did it drop more stuff?

Please share your experience, if there's any, yet.

Ah and btw, this wasn't announced as a rare boss but this is what I fought a few minutes ago: [SPOILER-BOX]http://imageshack.us/a/img525/2433/darkagrani.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]
As you can see it's all red but wasn't "infected" with a weak point nor a red flower, its name wasn't usual either (Dark Agrani). It was extremely powerful and it took quite some time to kill.

BIG OLAF
Oct 12, 2012, 06:32 PM
Rogbelt. Dropped one of the new knuckle PAs.

[spoiler-box]http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z457/BIGOLAF/PSO2/428.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Couldn't tell if it was "harder" to kill or not, since the MPA party zerg-swarmed, naturally.

DoubleCannon
Oct 12, 2012, 08:47 PM
Hello there,

I was wondering if any of you fought against a rare boss yet?
If so, was it harder than regular ones? Did it drop more stuff?

Please share your experience, if there's any, yet.

Ah and btw, this wasn't announced as a rare boss but this is what I fought a few minutes ago: [SPOILER-BOX]http://imageshack.us/a/img525/2433/darkagrani.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]
As you can see it's all red but wasn't "infected" with a weak point nor a red flower, its name wasn't usual either (Dark Agrani). It was extremely powerful and it took quite some time to kill.

that is F****** sweet lol. yes I believe that is a rare version. nice find

NeoRydia
Oct 12, 2012, 11:31 PM
I solod a rogbelt just a moment ago. It didn't seem much different then rockbear at all. its damage and HP was probly higher but it wasn't enough for me to even notice a change. (was dissapointed) no rare either. D:

Kamikun
Oct 14, 2012, 04:49 PM
I wanna fight rare bosses too :(

Geistritter
Oct 14, 2012, 04:53 PM
The rare Ragne drops one of the new Mechgun PAs, I believe. May have been Daggers. I don't remember.

Way to use the effort to hide your name but forget it's floating above your head, by the way.

Keii
Oct 14, 2012, 05:51 PM
So far I've killed 7 Dagans Nero and 2 rare Diggs. Since I've been mostly running around in multiparties since Thursday, I'm a bit disappointed that I have yet to see a rare boss...

NoiseHERO
Oct 14, 2012, 05:59 PM
I fought rare ragne, I would say he was harder, since he could wipe off 97% of my health like nothing. But then it's probably more like it was just level 50 or something.

Natsuma
Oct 14, 2012, 07:13 PM
Way to use the effort to hide your name but forget it's floating above your head, by the way.

Yup I noticed it after posting the screenshot, but I was too lazy to edit it.

Here is the Bantha Donna I fought:
[SPOILER-BOX]http://imageshack.us/a/img26/6347/banthadonna.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

It was really powerful, I could barely stand 1 hit.

Arika
Oct 14, 2012, 10:08 PM
Lucky you, I have been trying to find those boss for some PA collection purpose.

dablacksephiroth
Oct 14, 2012, 10:13 PM
Hail to the King, baby:
[spoiler-box]http://imageshack.us/a/img196/5690/tehking.png[/spoiler-box]

BIG OLAF
Oct 14, 2012, 10:59 PM
Hail to the King, baby:
[spoiler-box]http://imageshack.us/a/img196/5690/tehking.png[/spoiler-box]

Was that from an Emergency Mission?

Rien
Oct 14, 2012, 11:59 PM
Yeah, you can't access Varder at level 41 otherwise...

Also, Panther Donna should be renamed Panther Donner (Donner for thunder)

Macman
Oct 15, 2012, 08:15 AM
You silly people and your not-horrible luck.

All I've found is 2 Dagan Neros, one of them dropping a level 11 of the new wire lance PA that everyone has.

Natsuma
Oct 15, 2012, 09:39 AM
Btw, I was wondering, have you guys ever heard some kind of weird sound in Very Hard?
Something like a phone call sound, sometimes it lasts 2-3 seconds, then a short one, it's very irregular.

Do you think it has anything to do with the appearance of rare bosses?

BIG OLAF
Oct 15, 2012, 09:54 AM
Btw, I was wondering, have you guys ever heard some kind of weird sound in Very Hard?
Something like a phone call sound, sometimes it lasts 2-3 seconds, then a short one, it's very irregular.

Do you think it has anything to do with the appearance of rare bosses?

I notice that the Dagan Neros make that sound when they spawn. That may be what you're hearing. Sort of sounds like a little dinner-bell dinging.

NoiseHERO
Oct 15, 2012, 09:59 AM
Mr.Umbra makes this hilarious yell.

Kimil Adrayne
Oct 15, 2012, 10:13 AM
Heh, when you whited out your character name on the HUD you forgot to do the same to your name over your character, "Natsuma".

On topic: Fought a couple of those Hollow Shells, made for good times and lots of Moons.

Eternal255
Oct 15, 2012, 10:42 AM
I've been farming desert like crazy and ran into a rare gwanadha (nero), surprisingly no agrani.

gravityvx
Oct 15, 2012, 11:58 AM
Finally got a new gunner PA (Elder Rebellion), and it's ranged. :|

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r147/Thatguyobliv/pso20121015_122234_002.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Asuni
Oct 15, 2012, 01:45 PM
It must be really exciting to run into a rare boss :3

DuoMaxwell143
Nov 20, 2012, 04:21 PM
I've run into quite a few actually. Rare Fangs, Donna and Ong. Rare Quartz, and Vol, Rare Ragne, and the Rogbelt. Also run into a few of the little guys too. But the bosses seem to think I'm tasty I guess. >.>

Keii
Nov 20, 2012, 04:44 PM
I've got 4 rare bosses in around 40 minutes today - Dark Agrani, 2 rare mamooths and dark ruins midboss, however it's called. All of it during ruins free field multiparty.

Z-0
Nov 20, 2012, 04:53 PM
Normal Variants of bosses = Rare.

Seriously. I expect bosses to be rare these days.

gigawuts
Nov 20, 2012, 04:57 PM
I'm estimating spawnrate of rare bosses to be ~1/14 or so, based on firsthand experience and some quick math using the ingame mission statistics.

Ce'Nedra
Nov 20, 2012, 05:11 PM
Don't even get me started on my experiences with rare bosses. 38 Gwana Nero's and still no Demolition Comet should say enough about how I feel about that bastard ;-;

DoubleCannon
Nov 20, 2012, 06:23 PM
Holy hell 38 now!? How are you hunting them?? I am getting screwed on ship 10.. barely anyone on! no one plays VH forest > Tundra! just mines > Ruins now. Really sucks. I wanted demo so bad and I see no point in soloing. Sega needs to do something fast to make the game more popular. I am also speaking of when japan players are on, they all are not playing desert :(

gigawuts
Nov 20, 2012, 06:38 PM
Yeah, nedra and I are about tied. I may in fact have a lead, since I have more time on my hands. I've gotten 3 in the last hour actually. No comet for me either. I've got a contender for heart attack of the year with an untekked lambda hard quartz dropped by a gwana nero though...

Lostbob117
Nov 20, 2012, 07:33 PM
I've ran into Rigsharyda (Rare Zesharyda) but didn't get Over End.

Coatl
Nov 20, 2012, 09:32 PM
Got 3 King Vaders in a row today. I was soloing.
I was maaaaad. I needed just 2 more NORMAL vaders to complete my techer 5 sp quest.
After the third I just logged out. No one is safe from RNG, at ANY time. :X

EvilMag
Nov 20, 2012, 09:38 PM
Wear Rappy Suits everyone, they give good luck!

I decided to put my on for shits and giggles before going into the warp when hunting Rogbelts, we ran into 2 yucky Rogs. After that run we ran into another yucky Rog.

GoldenFalcon
Nov 20, 2012, 09:53 PM
When I was doing runs for Rogbelt (trying to get the 10* machineguns) I got Rogbelts about half the time. Granted, I was killing enemies so I could get double the drops from him, and always had Rare Drop Up from random drink every run

No 10* machineguns after like 5 kills, gave up since they made rare bosses WAY too common

Raymee
Nov 21, 2012, 02:44 AM
When I was doing runs for Rogbelt (trying to get the 10* machineguns) I got Rogbelts about half the time. Granted, I was killing enemies so I could get double the drops from him, and always had Rare Drop Up from random drink every run

No 10* machineguns after like 5 kills, gave up since they made rare bosses WAY too common

I went through 40+ Rogbelts and no TMGs lol.

valmont
Nov 21, 2012, 02:55 AM
I went through 40+ Rogbelts and no TMGs lol.

lol. i'm already give up after like 20ish Rogbelt.
i'm just gonna wait for the new ★10 TMGs came out. ^^;

otaku998
Nov 21, 2012, 06:42 AM
I ran into the Rare Snow duo like at least 4 times, yea mean 8 rare bosses the other day. Yet i didn't get a SINGLE PA disc , mostly meseta rings only. Dem bastards

Patmaster
Nov 21, 2012, 07:55 AM
Try Gwana, learn how to cry properly about bad drop rate...

Ce'Nedra
Nov 21, 2012, 10:56 AM
Yeah, nedra and I are about tied. I may in fact have a lead, since I have more time on my hands. I've gotten 3 in the last hour actually. No comet for me either. I've got a contender for heart attack of the year with an untekked lambda hard quartz dropped by a gwana nero though...

I wish it would drop me that card so I know I can at least get a red drop from these stingy greedy bastards =/

Oh well, the hunt continues....

Macman
Nov 21, 2012, 10:59 AM
I ran into a boosted Agrani and quickly piped up to ship to take a new drink (rare droprate up yaaaay) and one of those 50% rare droprate cards from one of the campaigns.

I still only got a ring of meseta. :-?

Miraclearrow
Nov 21, 2012, 11:47 AM
Ya the RNG is this game is redic. I honestly gave up on rare drop booster because its so minimal it really makes basically no difference. I've seen the rare banther now, the hollow shell dark agrani and the king and the only thing I've gotten is Varda armor.... Other than that nothing useful at all. But I see at least one rare boss per night I find. But still yet to go into SPA and fight a rare boss even after running them 30-40+ times :(

gigawuts
Nov 21, 2012, 12:55 PM
a 50% bonus to .0001% droprate is .00015%, so...yeah

What everyone should really be fussy about is how you can kill 8 rare bosses without even a disc dropping, as was mentioned above. My longest streak was 6 or 7, but 8 must have been downright depressing.

Ce'Nedra
Nov 21, 2012, 01:25 PM
a 50% bonus to .0001% droprate is .00015%, so...yeah

What everyone should really be fussy about is how you can kill 8 rare bosses without even a disc dropping, as was mentioned above. My longest streak was 6 or 7, but 8 must have been downright depressing.

My 24 Samegids beg to differ ;-;