PDA

View Full Version : AC with prepaid American Express card?

HadesAlmighty
Oct 13, 2012, 07:40 PM
Was reading a guide on how to purchase AC and an edit was made to say American Express prepaid worked.
Does it indeed work?
And any info on how I go about doing this?

Asuni
Oct 13, 2012, 07:43 PM
Yes it does work. You just get an AE prepaid card and that's it. Use it as a regular card.

gigawuts
Oct 13, 2012, 07:44 PM
You need the kind with your name on it, from the site. The kind you buy in stores won't work.

Stormwalker
Oct 13, 2012, 08:11 PM
Yes, I have verified that it works; I bought my most recent lot of AC this way. Basically, go to the American Express website, find the link for their prepaid cards, and sign up for one. Takes a couple of weeks to get it. After that, you can add more money to the card via their website.

The best part of it is not having to pay the markup for buying JP Webmoney, really.

Asuni
Oct 13, 2012, 08:14 PM
Yes, I have verified that it works; I bought my most recent lot of AC this way. Basically, go to the American Express website, find the link for their prepaid cards, and sign up for one. Takes a couple of weeks to get it. After that, you can add more money to the card via their website.

The best part of it is not having to pay the markup for buying JP Webmoney, really.

Oh well I thought you could use the ones at the store ha.

HadesAlmighty
Oct 13, 2012, 08:52 PM

So how do u add AC after you get the card? Do you still have to have Jp address and all that jazz? Or does it work directly with pso website?

NotRankin
Oct 13, 2012, 10:53 PM

You. Are awesome. Thanks, I was going to buy a card from the store soon too lol

HadesAlmighty
Oct 14, 2012, 12:13 AM
If I had the card right now...what next?

Stormwalker
Oct 14, 2012, 08:49 AM
Once you have the card and have loaded money on it via the AmEx website (you can preload it when you sign up, also), the rest of it is the same as if you were using webmoney.

1). You'll need a JP address (you can get one from Tenso if you want it to be legit, or else just Google for one. I got a Tenso address mostly because I might actually use the thing to order something from Japan from time to time.).

2). Go to SEGA's AC purchase website (I don't have the link on me, but it's on the "buying AC with webmoney" guide on the Guides form), work through the captcha (The guide says that this is katakana, but Sega has now changed it to hiragana so you'll need to either use the lexilogos hiragana keyboard or just cut and paste the characters from the wikipedia hiragana page).

3). Fill out your account information (this is why you need the address). There are a couple of good guides out there for what information is needed.

4). Choose the option to purchase AC, pick how much you want, fill out the credit card information with your AmEx Prepaid (the same as a regular AmEx, which supposedly also works, but I haven't tried that), and you're good. You'll get sent to a little screen that just has a short message saying your payment has been accepted (in Japanese, of course), and you should have your AC shortly.

Chik'Tikka
Oct 15, 2012, 05:07 AM

and if you wanna avoid linking your bank to the card, or use a fake ID, you can buy green dot money paks https://www.moneypak.com/ for a recharge fee of $4.95 plus whatever you wanna add to card (up to $500)

or you can buy a vanilla reload network card https://www.vanillareload.com/ for 3.95 plus whatever you wanna add to card (also up to $500)

these can be had at many grocery stores, Walgreen's and Walmart+^_^+ just keep in mind they can only be purchased with cash, you can't use a CC or check to load a money pack+^_^+ i have my card loaded and linked to PSO2, but I'm kinda having a falling out with a few friends on there and might wait to buy AC for awhile+^_^+ (d!@# you all 馬鹿人, why u no do runs and TA with me!!)

.Jack
Oct 15, 2012, 08:04 AM
and if you wanna avoid linking your bank to the card, or use a fake ID, you can buy green dot money paks https://www.moneypak.com/ for a recharge fee of $4.95 plus whatever you wanna add to card (up to $500)

or you can buy a vanilla reload network card https://www.vanillareload.com/ for 3.95 plus whatever you wanna add to card (also up to $500)

these can be had at many grocery stores, Walgreen's and Walmart+^_^+ just keep in mind they can only be purchased with cash, you can't use a CC or check to load a money pack+^_^+ i have my card loaded and linked to PSO2, but I'm kinda having a falling out with a few friends on there and might wait to buy AC for awhile+^_^+ (d!@# you all 馬鹿人, why u no do runs and TA with me!!)

How do you reload a prepaid AMEX with that? The only option I see is adding fund via bank account on the AMEX website.

Chik'Tikka
Oct 15, 2012, 12:54 PM
How do you reload a prepaid AMEX with that? The only option I see is adding fund via bank account on the AMEX website.

follow the instructions on the back of the reload card+^_^+ click on the links i provided and you should be able to find info, like the vanilla one, you put your card number (make sure it's right) then you put the pin from the vanilla reload card and hit submit, within 5 minutes your AmEx page should show you has $$$ on your card+^_^+ green dot works similar, but i haven't used one of those since 2010 and don't know if they changed their methods+^_^+

Eternal255
Oct 15, 2012, 01:24 PM

if u already have the card loaded you should just buy the AC and hold onto it until you wanna use it, in case they decide to block these prepaid cards too.

Also, any estimate to how much AC you can get for $25? not sure if google's estimation is correct or not.

Chik'Tikka
Oct 15, 2012, 03:40 PM
I'm poor, i might all of a sudden need money for something, and I'd hate to take a break from PSO2 with unspent and nonrefundable AC on my account+^_^+ I'd rather spend it when i want to use it+^_^+

500 AC = 500 Yen = $6.29
1000 AC = 1000 Yen = $12.58
3000 AC = 3000 Yen = $37.75
5150 AC = 5000 Yen = $62.91
10300 AC = 10000 Yen = $125.83
might not be accurate as conversion rates change daily+^_^+

.Jack
Oct 15, 2012, 10:51 PM
follow the instructions on the back of the reload card+^_^+ click on the links i provided and you should be able to find info, like the vanilla one, you put your card number (make sure it's right) then you put the pin from the vanilla reload card and hit submit, within 5 minutes your AmEx page should show you has $$$ on your card+^_^+ green dot works similar, but i haven't used one of those since 2010 and don't know if they changed their methods+^_^+

Ah, I see. I thought loading funds via bank account was the only option. That is nice to know.

Eternal255
Oct 16, 2012, 12:38 AM
I'm poor, i might all of a sudden need money for something, and I'd hate to take a break from PSO2 with unspent and nonrefundable AC on my account+^_^+ I'd rather spend it when i want to use it+^_^+

500 AC = 500 Yen = $6.29
1000 AC = 1000 Yen = $12.58
3000 AC = 3000 Yen = $37.75
5150 AC = 5000 Yen = $62.91
10300 AC = 10000 Yen = $125.83
might not be accurate as conversion rates change daily+^_^+

Shit then i think i only put enough for premium... grrr. i hate that $25 minimum on adding cuz i have to add another 25 now just to get $5 more on there : /

HadesAlmighty
Oct 17, 2012, 03:17 AM
So will the Walmart visa prepaid card work? I bought the blasted green dot moneypak and just figured out I can't put it in the pso sight for arks cash. :(

Chik'Tikka
Oct 17, 2012, 11:50 AM
So will the Walmart visa prepaid card work? I bought the blasted green dot moneypak and just figured out I can't put it in the pso sight for arks cash. :(

no, but a American Express prepaid card ordered from the website can be charged with a green dot moneypak+^_^+