PDA

View Full Version : How are the Servers Doing?

Kimil Adrayne
Oct 15, 2012, 10:23 AM
Ever since that announcement about "banning all non-Japanese", I lost the desire to play the game on the JP servers. Since I left, I've been wondering how's everything on the JP servers in terms of:

1) Population
2) English Population
3) Number of People waiting for the worldwide servers
4) Content
5) Lobby Spamming
6) Hacking
7) Economy
8) Ship 2

Above all else, has the view of us foreigners changed? Is it hard to play as the minority? Do you have to play in secret to any degree?

Alenoir
Oct 15, 2012, 10:32 AM
1. Ship 2 seems healthy. Blocks pretty full during Japan's busy hours.
4. Constant updates are constant.
6. If you count RMTers, a bit?
7. Stuffs went waaaaay up (excessive amount of meseta flowing in the market), then SEGA knocked them back down (items NPCs for 1/4 the old price).

BIG OLAF
Oct 15, 2012, 10:35 AM
Do you have to play in secret to any degree?

No one's ever had to play "in secret". Just don't be obnoxious or lewd, and you're golden. Everyone leaves each other alone when it comes to nationality.

Kimil Adrayne
Oct 15, 2012, 01:37 PM
Cool. Might mess around with the content again for a bit before the global release then. Thanks for the answers.

Asuni
Oct 15, 2012, 01:39 PM
I'm on Ship 10 and theres tons of people. A good amount of English people as well. Every Japanese person I've played with is really cool. Even when I tell them I'm from America they are always like "Oh cool" or something lol.

Kimil Adrayne
Oct 15, 2012, 01:40 PM
I'm on Ship 10 and theres tons of people. A good amount of English people as well. Every Japanese person I've played with is really cool. Even when I tell them I'm from America they are always like "Oh cool" or something lol.

I was on there a bit in the beginning. I liked it, but had friends on Ship 2, so I switched.

blace
Oct 15, 2012, 01:55 PM
Ship 2 block 20 can be obnoxious at times, but that is a norm. Hacking is something I haven't noticed much after the update.

As for content, level 50 cap, very hard mode, subclass, 10 star rares, and level 11+ disks are released.

Kimil Adrayne
Oct 15, 2012, 02:14 PM
How are... Daggers? Please say they are amazing.

blace
Oct 15, 2012, 02:17 PM
You can pretty much stay in the air forever with those.

Flame
Oct 15, 2012, 02:20 PM
You know it's a funny thing because at a certain point everyone started using team/whisper chat instead of talking publicly. I don't just mean eng players either, I mean everyone. Often times I'll be in a packed Arks lobby but it'll be silent as a morgue. No more dance spammers either.

Alenoir
Oct 15, 2012, 02:28 PM

Not great for mob control and really short reach, but like already mentioned you can pretty much stay in the air forever if you want. Also great for soloing the big stuffs.

Inazuma
Oct 15, 2012, 02:58 PM
@Kimil

You know, they never actually banned all non-Japanese. I can understand being upset and quitting the game if they did so, but they didn't. You are missing out on a fun game for a reason that doesn't exist.

It's fine if you don't want to play the game, but you should at least base your decision on something legitimate. You can get a lot out of the game without spending any money, so you should play for yourself to figure out if you like it or not.

Geistritter
Oct 15, 2012, 03:11 PM
Daggers are the Wired Lance of Fighter; they're the least useful and most restrictive to use, but still have a devout following who like using it anyway.

gravityvx
Oct 15, 2012, 03:27 PM
Daggers are the Wired Lance of Fighter; they're the least useful and most restrictive to use, but still have a devout following who like using it anyway.

Aren't wired lances the strongest of the hunter weapons? Just "harder" to use? While dagger isn't either of those.

Z-0
Oct 15, 2012, 03:30 PM
While Wired Lance can give out higher numbers, the DPS is nothing like Partisan or Sword due to terrible speed. While Dagger is the fastest FI weapon, it has the least DPS due to no range, lack of mobility if you wish to abuse gear and lack of real splash damage.

And being able to hit weakpoints doesn't make it stronger, because Double Saber will do much more damage on not-weakpoints because of Deadly Archer.

Sword is the strongest hunter weapon by far due to Sonic Arrow practicality and speed.

Geistritter
Oct 15, 2012, 03:31 PM
Aren't wired lances the strongest of the hunter weapons? Just "harder" to use? While dagger isn't either of those.

It'd be helpful if you read the entire post before making your own.

The key words were "least useful and most restrictive to use". Wired Lance PAs are almost all grabs, which don't work on bosses, or feature other requirements that make them impractical. They're alright in the situations you can use them in, but you could just use something else.

That said, "strongest" is subjective. Most people would argue Swords are the strongest Hunter weapons, and I'd say those people are right by a pretty large margin.

gravityvx
Oct 15, 2012, 03:36 PM
It'd be helpful if you read the entire post before making your own.

The key words were "least useful and most restrictive to use". Wired Lance PAs are almost all grabs, which don't work on bosses, or feature other requirements that make them impractical. They're alright in the situations you can use them in, but you could just use something else.

That said, "strongest" is subjective. Most people would argue Swords are the strongest Hunter weapons, and I'd say those people are right by a pretty large margin.

Calm down, how could I not read your entire post? It was one sentence, geez. It was a question, hence the question mark at the end lol people on this forum really need to take a chill pill, and thank you to the guy above for explaining without being rude.

LordChampion
Oct 17, 2012, 01:02 AM
Daggers are too much fun. Highly mobile, serious damage potential. Not wonderful when dealing with large groups, but you can dispatch individuals with a quickness or use Doublesabers if you really gotta womp everything around you simultaneously.

Fighter is just a super fun class. All three weapons are a blast to use. There are some really neat PA combos that are super useful and way fancy.

FANCY.

Pyroromancer
Oct 17, 2012, 01:07 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbNyLCTOc_U