PDA

View Full Version : subclass HU/fi question

Cry0
Oct 15, 2012, 10:24 AM
Has anyone tried this?

If you main as a HU, and sub a FI, and in your subclass skill tree you put points in step advance, or step attack, or reversal; does it also count for your main class? Does invincibility time stack up over the 2 steps?

thanks!

FrostNova
Oct 15, 2012, 10:45 AM
Yes all of them transfer over to Hunter, not sure about the invincibility stacking tho.

jooozek
Oct 15, 2012, 11:09 AM
I've got 3 points in step advance on both HU and FI and after subbing I noticed that I never get hit by the gel bulfs from code:avoid when I spam dash whereas previously I'd by hit shortly after ending the dash after collision. But that might be remembering things wrong, stuff like Just Reversal carries over though (don't have it on FO, have it on FI, FO main, sub FI and I've Just Reversal'ed plenty).

Eternal255
Oct 15, 2012, 11:21 AM
judging by the (english translated) text of step advance, i dont see why it wouldnt stack. as for it being additive or multiplicative im not sure, but im willing to bet it stacks in at least some way.

Zyrusticae
Oct 15, 2012, 11:24 AM
Most likely additive like everything else. Just my speculation, though.

21/50 of a second, or 25 frames of invulnerability is pretty damn high for a spammable dodge move... but who would spend 20 skill points in Step Advance?

Cry0
Oct 15, 2012, 12:23 PM
ok thanks for the info.

Zorafim
Oct 15, 2012, 12:30 PM
So we finally know that the invincibility frames stack? That's awesome! Now we can all be as great as force!

Most likely additive like everything else. Just my speculation, though.

21/50 of a second, or 25 frames of invulnerability is pretty damn high for a spammable dodge move... but who would spend 20 skill points in Step Advance?

*slowly raises hand*

Eternal255
Oct 15, 2012, 12:56 PM
So we finally know that the invincibility frames stack? That's awesome! Now we can all be as great as force!

*slowly raises hand*

not confirmed, just an idea.

Cry0
Oct 15, 2012, 03:41 PM
Ok, I can now confirm with an about 80% sureness that if you use step advance on fighter, and nothing on hunter, it transfers over. I just did a banther battle, and usually i end up getting hit by him quite a lot, but this time i dodged through all his attacks. also, the dodge... felt different then before, can't describe it. It felt longer.

What I can NOT confirm is if it stacks to eg. 0.40 seconds of invulnerability. BUt I'm not gonna test that out either...

Arios
Oct 15, 2012, 04:46 PM
I have Step Advance LV10 with my Hunter and LV3 with my Fighter. After some testing, i really don't think that it stacks, i'm NOT sure...but i think the max is 0.20.