PDA

View Full Version : Chain Bullet

Nuclearranger
Oct 15, 2012, 10:28 PM
Do I need chain finish to make this do anything?

I seem to rack up a chain of say... 70 and then it just goes away without anything interesting. haha

Someone explain this to me quick. Thanks.

Xaeris
Oct 15, 2012, 10:39 PM
Chain Finish isn't necessary to make Chain Trigger work on its own. You have a limited amount of time to either activate or add to a chain count. To activate it, you have to hit the target with a photon art. The number will turn yellow and while it's yellow, you'll get the damage bonus, depending on how high the count is.

The length of time the count stays yellow is inversely proportional to how high the count is, i.e, the higher the count, the less time you'll have to deal increased damage. If you've been trying to do 80-100 count chains, you've had like, a second, to work with and could very easily have missed the window, which is why you haven't noticed the effect.

Nuclearranger
Oct 15, 2012, 11:44 PM
So, chain it up, use any PA on it, then I have increased damage for X time.

What is a good number to get 4-5 seconds of chain boost? 40-50?

Lumpen Thingy
Oct 15, 2012, 11:46 PM
20ish is fine and works really nicely with weak bullet

GoldenFalcon
Oct 16, 2012, 12:38 AM
So, chain it up, use any PA on it, then I have increased damage for X time.

What is a good number to get 4-5 seconds of chain boost? 40-50?

If you make the chain too high, it gives you a second, which isn't long enough for some PA's to activate finisher

Edit: Should test things before acting like I know what I'm talking about lol

Sp-24
Oct 16, 2012, 06:16 AM
Only activation timing goes down as chain counter increases. If you do manage to activate it, chain always stays in its "finished" state that increases PA damage for 5 more like 2 seconds.

Macman
Oct 16, 2012, 09:47 AM
Chain Finish just increases the power of your finishing PA when you build up chains. I have mine at level 10 and it gives an extra 30% damage to chain finishers.

I've managed nearly 23,000 damage with a 40-chain finisher with weak bullet applied. It's really ridiculous.