PDA

View Full Version : I believe I have a touch of the Soloitis...

Cortte
Oct 16, 2012, 04:37 PM
I never mean to go solo in my MMO debacles, but when my friends are not included in game play it just seems to happen that way. I just had to grind out the level cap CO and can't seem to find ANYONE to help me with the Snow Banther and Quartz Dragon portion on the VH CO. Times is hard on Ship 2.

I guess getting to the point here is me wondering if anyone would wanna help me out with these 2 bosses at some point.

Totori
Oct 16, 2012, 04:42 PM
I'd say it's just the time. Everyone around prolly rushed to finish content, that they are bored or too busy, if no that. Find a team to join, that's always a good start.

Tomeeboy
Oct 16, 2012, 05:11 PM
Somebody get me 30 CCs of multiplayer, STAT!

I'm sure there are probably a number of people hopping back on the game with the last big content update, so hopefully you'll have some luck finding the help you seek ;)

Agitated_AT
Oct 16, 2012, 05:11 PM
You're dealing with one of the game's flaws. Nothing to do with ship 2 but simply with how the game goals are so varied to everyone.

The chances of 2 people clashing is perhaps around 70/80% so people don't like to join each other unless it's clear beforehand they have the same goals.

Here's a tip from me though because this is how I used to find great parties when I was still playing.

Just chill in the lobby, have a good time and at the same time search for people around your range of lvl. If you click on them(after pressing T) just invite them. In my case people always accepted the invitations. Tell them what you're planning to do and if they wanna join ya, is the answer a yes, either repeat or start the mission

Mystil
Oct 16, 2012, 05:16 PM
Reply back, if you wanna get it done now.

Well searched your char name and sent you a whisper but I guess you we'rent online.

Dinosaur
Oct 16, 2012, 06:09 PM
Sounds like you need a team. Most cases though, mercenary 12 man free fields will get things done. You will need to know what blocks are for what areas.

Coatl
Oct 16, 2012, 06:52 PM
Sounds like you need a team.

This is your best bet in trying to possibly find help at lower levels.
I always had to solo level from lv1-25 when I was leveling the new classes iirc.
Not that it's a problem. lv1-25 is a cakewalk.

Cortte
Oct 16, 2012, 07:03 PM
Reply back, if you wanna get it done now.

Well searched your char name and sent you a whisper but I guess you we'rent online.

Ah sorry I just got back. I would have loved the help, and as for teams I am in one...but lately I haven't really noticed it being active at all. I wonder if I should find another.

Shirokami
Oct 16, 2012, 08:50 PM
Well, I leave my party always open, when someone joins I ask them what they want to do and of course I make sure everyone gets what they want~

dablacksephiroth
Oct 16, 2012, 08:50 PM
Hm.. wish I'd seen this earlier. I always enjoy being someone's "Kireek" for a time.

And yup, when we disband I tell you "Ha! Ha! Become stronger to impress me!"

freyt
Oct 16, 2012, 09:03 PM
I love you "Kireek". I used your NPC all the time for a while.

DS23
Oct 16, 2012, 09:36 PM
I take Kireek with me on solo runs all the time, yeah.

Asuni
Oct 16, 2012, 09:43 PM
I wanna take Kireek with me :<

lunarsoul
Oct 16, 2012, 09:52 PM
I guess I am the same way somewhat, I know its hard finding people who want or need to go the same thing you are doing at the time. And its difficult to persuade people to drop what they are doing to come help you. Thats why even though im on Teams, I tend to solo. Their might be 1 or 2 guys that will come and help you, but otherwise you are going to have to use NPCs. I tend to find that I have a good routine going to spend my time more wisely. I level faster if im usually soloing because other people dont know what are plan to do and you dont have to wait for them. It sucks because sometimes I try to be the "good teammate" and try to help out and play with them, but sometimes no one wants to return the favour, so I end up secluding myself somewhere grinding faster and more efficiently doing certain runs and COs in order. I tend to get lost in my grinding and focus really hard in doing so. My buddies think im anti social so they dont bother me, but thats not the case. I have a one track mind and if I have a good grinding groove going, I wont stop until I get everything done first, even if by then they are already gone and misunderstood. Ill help anyone in the game that asks, but I dont help too much, if I have the feeling I wont get any of it in return later. Only my other Team in Ship 10 has a bunch of guys that really enjoy helping each other, thats why its a pleasure to be playing with them instead of soloing.

Rien
Oct 16, 2012, 10:43 PM
I lag really badly in 12-people multiparties, I don't even know why.

Then I end up going alone or just having to bear the horrible lag so I can get higher rare enemy spawn rate.

LordChampion
Oct 17, 2012, 12:54 AM
I've definitely been leaning toward solo play lately. The enemies just don't have enough HP to be any fun to fight in parties. Even with just two other people, every monster disappears in half-seconds and I'm left wondering, "what's the point?"

I want to see enemy HP grow significantly in parties and especially multiparties. While the game seems tailored for the casual crowd, and I'm a casual player, I still expect some level of challenge in combat. I just solo bosses anymore because it's about the only moderately difficult thing to do.

Rien
Oct 17, 2012, 01:11 AM
I've definitely been leaning toward solo play lately. The enemies just don't have enough HP to be any fun to fight in parties. Even with just two other people, every monster disappears in half-seconds and I'm left wondering, "what's the point?"

I want to see enemy HP grow significantly in parties and especially multiparties. While the game seems tailored for the casual crowd, and I'm a casual player, I still expect some level of challenge in combat. I just solo bosses anymore because it's about the only moderately difficult thing to do.

Meanwhile I'm struggling to kill stuff in a party of 2.