View Full Version : New patch, new problems~

Shirokami
Oct 16, 2012, 10:09 PM
So yeah, after today's patch, GG crashes most of window's thingies :D
Soon it will be impossible to play.
Won't Sega do anything? ¬¬

Courina
Oct 16, 2012, 10:38 PM
they should change to better hack prevention system... gameguard proved still not so useful...

but well... maybe gonan trouble em too if the contract with gameguard for long time period...

Shirokami
Oct 16, 2012, 10:56 PM
They've 1 million players and increasing, it's time for them to invest some money on a method which will obviously get them more players.
Really, Gameguard fucks up with the game too much!

gundam0079
Oct 16, 2012, 10:58 PM
what exactly does gameguard close for you, i've never had a problem GG closing other things.

DemonDante92
Oct 16, 2012, 11:08 PM
what exactly does gameguard close for you, i've never had a problem GG closing other things.

Same here, I can literally run any program while playing PSO2

Sp-24
Oct 16, 2012, 11:15 PM
I believe in the theory about a stingy contract that they can't back out of easily, too. I have no idea how much cheaper Gameguard is than its alternatives, but it's just a half-baked bloatware that rivals PunkBuster in its effectiveness. And maybe it doesn't ban innocent users, but making the game unplayable on a laptop that used to ace it on max settings during pre-open beta (thanks to the now infamous GameMon64.des) kind of makes up for it. /rant in a wrong forum section

Alenoir
Oct 16, 2012, 11:23 PM

Gameguard killed Windows for me about two days or so? ago. Basically, all services were stopped/killed off and had to restart. (I was amused my pen tablet driver got killed.)

Other than that one instance, GG have no really caused me any problems. I can start other programs such as Fraps while PSO2 is running.

freyt
Oct 16, 2012, 11:36 PM
I haven't had a problem with it. It sucks that some of you have had them.

My only issue is if that not all hackers are caught, then there needs to be some improvement. I had seen at least one recently, and I think that should be zero. Or at least the goal should be zero.

And I'm only counting game breaking stuff. Not translation stuff.

Cyron Tanryoku
Oct 16, 2012, 11:45 PM
My fraps stopped working as well as steam overlay

eharima
Oct 16, 2012, 11:56 PM
media player HC, any version, sandboxie, and its funny how they implemented better 'cheat detection' but todays enemy ranking lv 21+ rockbear winner was gggggggggggggg
seems leegit.
just go back to not having 64bit protection, the only difference was you didnt piss off loads of leegits wwwwwwww

Shirokami
Oct 17, 2012, 04:49 AM
It killed my Avast! antivirus, it kills most of my windows 7 processes, I can't even open any program which needs admin rights while playing. It even closes media player classic so I'm stuck with the game's repetitive music while grinding for eighteen hours~

Yunfa
Oct 17, 2012, 05:31 AM
^ I've never had any problems with the exception with my Logitech keyboard software, and I run everything you just listed. Wait a sec now that I think about it...some minor things does arise after long duration of play, like I can't play music and such...meh

CelestialBlade
Oct 17, 2012, 05:55 AM
I believe in the theory about a stingy contract that they can't back out of easily, too. I have no idea how much cheaper Gameguard is than its alternatives, but it's just a half-baked bloatware that rivals PunkBuster in its effectiveness. And maybe it doesn't ban innocent users, but making the game unplayable on a laptop that used to ace it on max settings during pre-open beta (thanks to the now infamous GameMon64.des) kind of makes up for it. /rant in a wrong forum section
Being that working with contractors is one part of my job, I'm a believer in this theory myself. This is exactly what a long-term contract with a lowest-bidder third party gets you. We're mostly likely dealing with these issues because Sega chose the cheapest software on the market at the time of contract. I honestly wouldn't expect it to get much better for some time at least, if that's true.

Shirokami
Oct 17, 2012, 06:02 AM
^ I've never had any problems with the exception with my Logitech keyboard software, and I run everything you just listed. Wait a sec now that I think about it...some minor things does arise after long duration of play, like I can't play music and such...meh

Read around in the forum, there are people having worse issues than me, such issues won't even let them play the game.

yunamon
Oct 17, 2012, 08:30 PM
Had a sudden error and dc'd me outta the game last night, my first time ever since OBT! All while I was enjoying my EQ grind of Cats!

LP_Phoenix
Oct 18, 2012, 06:06 AM
i had the same problems a month ago...got my gg update and since then, i couldnt play for long or couldnt even start psi, whole system got freezed and i needed to reboot it everytime, sometimes i was able to play some hours, sometimes only minutes.

but i found out MY problem. i got an avast antivirus programm on my pc and i deinstalled it, got another prog and tried to play....and? no problem anymore. it seems like for whatever reason, some gg updates doesnt work fine with avast.

try it out, see if its working...if not, get back to avast. and btw, im the third one who had that problem, all win7 pc's with avast antivirus progs.

Patmaster
Oct 18, 2012, 06:21 AM
Everything fine on my end. Have a wired connection now though. At the time I had my notebook online via wireless lan, I got dc'ed pretty much often.

PS: Sorry @ Phoenix, fell asleep yesterday. I hate my long working days at the office. :/

Gama
Oct 18, 2012, 06:43 AM
gameguard crashes my asus overlay drivers and shortcuts, so mute buttons and power plan,audio power on, will not work properly if pso2 is running. lol

Karen Erra
Oct 18, 2012, 06:57 AM
I, as well as a friend of me experience some random game crashes since the last update. The game just randomly freezes or gives a random error message and closes. I have no idea what SEGA is doing to that game, but please stop fucking it up D;

Zyrusticae
Oct 18, 2012, 07:28 AM
I just hate Gameguard because it doesn't let me use my D3D injector to spruce up the graphics.

Which is really just bullshit because you can't do any cheating through Direct3D! Fuckers.

Gama
Oct 18, 2012, 07:42 AM
I just hate Gameguard because it doesn't let me use my D3D injector to spruce up the graphics.

Which is really just bullshit because you can't do any cheating through Direct3D! Fuckers.

yes, i atempted to get enb series working "to see if i could" and the game starts but when ur about to get into the lobby= crash

genjen
Oct 18, 2012, 12:55 PM
its killed coretemp, my keyboards programmable keys, amd fuel, just a couple days ago it killed the windows login, forcing a logout. and thats when its not just freezing my computer totally without even attempting a bsod :-(