PDA

View Full Version : New Vendor/Grinding Prices

BIG OLAF
Oct 17, 2012, 01:53 AM
What's everyone think? Was it a good adjustment?

For those who don't know:

Regular Drinks are now 150 meseta.
Z Drinks are 400.
EX Drinks are 1,200.

Monomates are 50 meseta.
Dimates are 150.
Trimates are 400.
Sol Atomizers are 200.
Moon Atomizers are 250.
Star Atomizers are 500.
Telepipes are 200 (this one is the best change, in my opinion).

Also, the grinding price change is pretty nice. Only takes ~3k per grind on an 8* now, instead of...what was it prior? Like 6k+?

I did not check synthesizing prices or affixing prices, though. So, I'm not exact on the percentage cuts on those.

At least we'll be able to turn a more decent profit in MPAs again now.

NotRankin
Oct 17, 2012, 01:55 AM
Team member said affixing hasn't changed. No idea about Synthesizing.

Other than that I love it.

Great Pan
Oct 17, 2012, 02:19 AM
Could be better, but I can deal with it anyway.

Chik'Tikka
Oct 17, 2012, 02:34 AM
+^_^+ makes me regret using 30 grinders yesterday, well, almost regret it+^_^+

Crystal_Shard
Oct 17, 2012, 02:41 AM
Any change to tekking prices?

I guess even Sega couldn't make Doodoo lower his affixing costs. :-D

Heat Haze
Oct 17, 2012, 03:09 AM
Wish affixing prices were changed as well but everything else is pretty nice. Especially the Telepipes, run out of the things very often.

As for affixing.. 10/20/30k per affix attempt depending on weapon rarity is a bit hard. But I guess Sega has to have a money sink in there somewhere.

Yunfa
Oct 17, 2012, 03:21 AM
With 3*s @ 1k a pop, and now this, feeding mags has never been so cheap!

Shirokami
Oct 17, 2012, 05:03 AM
Reduces income by 80%
Price of average player money sink decreases by less than 50%
Balance? No thanks, we have SEGA!
Anyways, this helps a bit...

CelestialBlade
Oct 17, 2012, 05:58 AM
I'm happy they reduced prices, but if they were really interested in cleaning up their own mess they would have reduced shop prices at the same rate they slashed our income. I'll take it though.

Natsuma
Oct 17, 2012, 07:27 AM
I personally don't mind the new economy, the only thing I wish they would fix is the drop rate of 10* weapons. I don't get why they lowered it whereas they're not tradable.

zamoth
Oct 17, 2012, 07:46 AM
I'm happy they reduced prices, but if they were really interested in cleaning up their own mess they would have reduced shop prices at the same rate they slashed our income. I'll take it though.

Perhaps it was on purpose for decreasing quickly the total amount of meseta on each ship. Thanks to that the prices are lower in the player shop. I think it was a smart choice from sega.

[Ayumi]
Oct 17, 2012, 09:23 AM
Why isn't untekking my weps or to upgrade my element changed?
Those were the only 2 I cared about

Shirokami
Oct 17, 2012, 09:34 AM
;2870843']Why isn't untekking my weps or to upgrade my element changed?
Those were the only 2 I cared about

Adding abilities is still expensive and fails constantly.

[Ayumi]
Oct 17, 2012, 09:50 AM
Adding abilities is still expensive and fails constantly.

I don't mind the abilities. I get a lot of untekked weapons and many many duplicates I like to use to bring my elements to 50.
Why isn't Sega fixing this?

Eternal255
Oct 17, 2012, 10:06 AM
Prices on ship 9 for player shops have increased by 25-40%, so even with the cut of these items we're still fucked over here (at least on AC items, havent checked others)... but its cool i guess, i personally never really bought anything from shops that most people sink their money into.

They cut selling items by 75% but only cut prices of everything else by 50% and not affixing prices? Affixing is where all my money went in the first place! >:(

And untekking? Looks like I'll just vendor all those shitty untekked items i keep finding for 10 meseta (hey its not much of a loss anymore!)

At first I was totally OK with the price cut cuz i figured they would fix everything else, but now i dont see the point. Who cares if low level new characters cant afford anything? Isnt that the purpose of a game, to start from nothing and build yourself up?

CelestialBlade
Oct 17, 2012, 10:08 AM
Perhaps it was on purpose for decreasing quickly the total amount of meseta on each ship. Thanks to that the prices are lower in the player shop. I think it was a smart choice from sega.
I'd take that mindset if prices in player shops had decreased at the same rate income got cut. It's certainly nice if you already have money, but for new players and those that haven't stored up money it makes things more difficult. It's not really much easier on people with shops because the most valuable items aren't tradeable.

Lowering the shop prices does ease the pain though. I wonder if the affixing remaining unchanged was intentional though.

Eternal255
Oct 17, 2012, 10:13 AM
I personally don't mind the new economy, the only thing I wish they would fix is the drop rate of 10* weapons. I don't get why they lowered it whereas they're not tradable.

Right? ive been farming for a blade dance since the xp fix patch in desert. so far 35+ dropped on my ship and none were to me D:

And ive been gettin rare droprate drink pretty often with it too... I really need one of those +100% or at least +50% items...

Z-0
Oct 17, 2012, 10:25 AM
I really need one of those +100% or at least +50% items...
Spoiler: Nothing will ever drop anyway.

Prices in player shops are not going to decrease (unless the weapon/unit is now inferior). No meseta has been taken out of the system (people have been hoarding meseta instead of using it on money sinks), so there's simply no point as there will be many, many players to buy expensive items.

Coatl
Oct 17, 2012, 11:44 AM
I knew people would be gullible about this patch and be content with whatever they were thrown after the mess caused from last patch. A whole 2k less for grinding weapons? That's practically nothing. =/

I take it everyone here is happy with affixes still costing 20k an attempt then? I mean, it was 20k an attempt at lv40 cap. Have yet to have gotten a recent rare that I'd like to affix.

Crysteon
Oct 17, 2012, 11:53 AM
I dont see much point on the adjusting...grinders have gone up lately and will sell for more now than ever. If one side goes down, the other naturally goes up, how is that a good thing? Keeping your own grinders? yeah...that may work, but I'm not exactly someone who farms MPA all day long to collect stuff so easily.

Griffin
Oct 17, 2012, 11:56 AM
This helps me interest me in all-nighting again.

Alenoir
Oct 17, 2012, 11:58 AM
I was willing to throw 1.2k at the Z drinks, I'm ok with throwing 1.2k at the EX drinks. 'v '

Sad that they didn't lowered the attribute transfer price, though. Was hoping that'd lower by a bit too. ._.; Oh well.

Zyrusticae
Oct 17, 2012, 12:39 PM
I expected this.

The whole point was to decrease the money supply by adjusting the faucet-to-sink ratio. If they slashed prices for everything by the same amount they slashed vendor prices, it would have been pointless. COMPLETELY pointless, in fact. I don't get why some folks are unable to grasp this. It's kind of pathetic, really. It's not that hard!

Griffin
Oct 17, 2012, 01:23 PM
I don't get why some folks are unable to grasp this. It's kind of pathetic, really. It's not that hard!

Who was unable to grasp it?

Shirokami
Oct 17, 2012, 01:53 PM
I expected this.

The whole point was to decrease the money supply by adjusting the faucet-to-sink ratio. If they slashed prices for everything by the same amount they slashed vendor prices, it would have been pointless. COMPLETELY pointless, in fact. I don't get why some folks are unable to grasp this. It's kind of pathetic, really. It's not that hard!

I believe everyone knows that.

supersonix9
Oct 17, 2012, 02:26 PM
No, I hate it when things I like to buy are cheap.

Dammy
Oct 17, 2012, 02:32 PM
they should reduce price for tekkin stuff, not monomates and telepipes.

[Ayumi]
Oct 17, 2012, 03:17 PM
they should reduce price for tekkin stuff, not monomates and telepipes.

Exactly.
I had no problem with 'mates, pipes, atomizers.

Shirokami
Oct 17, 2012, 03:18 PM
;2870984']Exactly.
I had no problem with 'mates, pipes, atomizers.

I did, 70% of the income of a run dissapeared there.

Z-0
Oct 17, 2012, 03:36 PM
What exactly are you running? Are you getting hit pretty often?

You must be doing something wrong because I rarely have to buy from the NPC. Only when I want Trimates for my mag.

[Ayumi]
Oct 17, 2012, 03:40 PM
I did, 70% of the income of a run dissapeared there.

What exactly are you running? Are you getting hit pretty often?

You must be doing something wrong because I rarely have to buy from the NPC. Only when I want Trimates for my mag.

Solo: NPC heals me if I ever get hit.
4 Players: Smart enough team, not much people getting hit.
Multi: Only time I ever get hit is if some boss one hit kills me. I don't think I can heal myself when I'm dead.

All other times I'm a force, instant free heals.

So I'm wondering myself why you need so much.

Alenoir
Oct 17, 2012, 03:55 PM
I do get hit kinda often, but even with that I'm still swimming in excessive mates in storage... Never actually have to buy any of those, only ever really needed to buy Moons and Stars.

Zyrusticae
Oct 17, 2012, 03:55 PM
Who was unable to grasp it?

I believe everyone knows that.
Unfortunately, no.

Reduces income by 80%
Price of average player money sink decreases by less than 50%
Balance? No thanks, we have SEGA!
Anyways, this helps a bit...

GoldenFalcon
Oct 17, 2012, 03:56 PM
[...] I rarely have to buy from the NPC. Only when I want Trimates for my mag.

Feed your mag Shiftarides instead, now you're paying 200 instead of 800

Zorafim
Oct 17, 2012, 04:02 PM
I'm, strangely, liking the drain of the economy's money. It doesn't really help me, since I'm now completely broke and have no way of making money. But it'll be nice to know that, next update, the stuff I want to buy will be sold for broke people instead of insanely rich people.

Feed your mag Shiftarides instead, now you're paying 200 instead of 800

Feed your mag decorations. Consumables barely lower ability, but room decorations drop it by a ton. There are some for ranged attack, defense, tech attack, and defense. Unfortunately, the shop is missing striking attack and defense is too expensive to be worth it.
They also stack to 99, so you only need to buy one stack of them per mag. Yes, you only need to buy it once. How convenient is that!

BIG OLAF
Oct 17, 2012, 04:18 PM
it'll be nice to know that, next update, the stuff I want to buy will be sold for broke people instead of insanely rich people.

You'd like to think that. I would, too. But, don't hold your breath.

angrysquid
Oct 17, 2012, 04:24 PM
Leveled my main class to almost LV 44 ,made 700k ..saying there is no way to make money is pure exaggeration .
Is there even anything to spend meseta on besides grinding?(From what I read here everything is easy enough so don't see the point in affixing)

GoldenFalcon
Oct 17, 2012, 05:13 PM
Feed your mag decorations. Consumables barely lower ability, but room decorations drop it by a ton. There are some for ranged attack, defense, tech attack, and defense. Unfortunately, the shop is missing striking attack and defense is too expensive to be worth it.
They also stack to 99, so you only need to buy one stack of them per mag. Yes, you only need to buy it once. How convenient is that!

I thought the tech decorations were like 3000 each, maybe I should take a look again

Z-0
Oct 17, 2012, 05:22 PM
Technique decorations aren't even in the shop. It's S-Atk decorations that are in there (4 star).

[Ayumi]
Oct 17, 2012, 05:23 PM
Leveled my main class to almost LV 44 ,made 700k ..saying there is no way to make money is pure exaggeration .
Is there even anything to spend meseta on besides grinding?(From what I read here everything is easy enough so don't see the point in affixing)

40 to 44 you ONLY got 700k.
Before I didn't even level once and got a mil.

Coatl
Oct 17, 2012, 05:36 PM
Except 1mil is nothing when you want to affix your weapons. :I

Crysteon
Oct 17, 2012, 05:38 PM

It's nothing when the 10*s affixing prices are still bs....such as the success rates.

[Ayumi]
Oct 17, 2012, 05:43 PM

I was more getting at by the time I level I might've gotten 2.5mil and up possibly.
Meaning I would have money to add skills, boost elements, maybe get an item I tried hard to find and couldn't.
And then there's always clothes.

So yeah, 700k and even a mil means nothing at all.
And if it took 4 levels to just get that where you can lose it all in mere seconds in grinding/skilling/elementing, you'll see how "much" that is.

Coatl
Oct 17, 2012, 05:52 PM
It's so easy to adopt the philosophy that everything besides aesthetics just doesn't matter in PSO2. Maybe it'd even save some unwarranted stress. But I just can't wrap my mind around that.

At least a quarter of the fun in pso2 comes in overcoming extremely low odds to give the weapon you go sparkly eyes for the affixes you want. The RNG was deterring before, but now it's the RNG mounted on top of the high cost. I spent a good 3mil affixing my units with the affixes I wanted, and all I could think about afterwards was how unfair affixing would be to a player who didn't spend their pso2 life zombie farming MPs.

Agitated_AT
Oct 17, 2012, 05:55 PM
What I personally fidn hilarious is that this community can argue, complain and discuss vendor prices, rares and cosmetics all day. But when it comes to balance and a difficulty mode that "should" make sense and be true to it's name. Not many even care or don't even know what you're talking about.

Coatl
Oct 17, 2012, 06:01 PM
What I personally fidn hilarious is that this community can argue, complain and discuss vendor prices, rares and cosmetics all day. But when it comes to balance and a difficulty mode that "should" make sense and be true to it's name. Not many even care or don't even know what you're talking about.

PSO2 being mind-numbingly easy in VH mode does not make the argument of affixing costs being too high irrelevant, or unimportant. In the forums we address all our concerns and discuss them separately, we don't belittle other arguments because one is "more important" than the other.

Sakai did say he'd add more difficult client orders in the near future. Until then, go to VH completely naked armed only with a *1 weapon and see if it's still easy.

Zorafim
Oct 17, 2012, 06:27 PM
I thought the tech decorations were like 3000 each, maybe I should take a look again

Some are 3k each, some are 500 each. It depends on the decoration. I can't recall exactly what's in there.

Technique decorations aren't even in the shop. It's S-Atk decorations that are in there (4 star).

Thanks for the correction. I have three mags, with the general build of 75atk/75def. So, I get confused.
So was it, there was no Sdfp, the Satk was super expensive, and you can find Tatk from mines?

You'd like to think that. I would, too. But, don't hold your breath.

Ah, yes. I'm just really hoping that money is being drained from the economy. There's nothing to say that it actually is.

Agitated_AT
Oct 17, 2012, 06:31 PM
PSO2 being mind-numbingly easy in VH mode does not make the argument of affixing costs being too high irrelevant, or unimportant. In the forums we address all our concerns and discuss them separately, we don't belittle other arguments because one is "more important" than the other.

Sakai did say he'd add more difficult client orders in the near future. Until then, go to VH completely naked armed only with a *1 weapon and see if it's still easy.

Well you've certainly proved my point.

gigawuts
Oct 17, 2012, 08:45 PM
Some are 3k each, some are 500 each. It depends on the decoration. I can't recall exactly what's in there.

Thanks for the correction. I have three mags, with the general build of 75atk/75def. So, I get confused.
So was it, there was no Sdfp, the Satk was super expensive, and you can find Tatk from mines? IIRC 2*, 3*, 4*, and 5* are in the shop. There is no 1* yet afaik, and 6* are available in the mines (the conveyor belt and lantern ones are 6*, the framed gemstones are 5*).

2* and 5* are ranged, 3* and 6* are tech, and 1* and 4* are striking. One type in each pair raises either def or atk while reducing the other stat by twice as much, plus reducing ability. Generally, the they're all priced based on their * rarity.

Ah, yes. I'm just really hoping that money is being drained from the economy. There's nothing to say that it actually is.
I can tell you outright, without even looking at any figures, that there is more money being created than there is being drained, except now the numbers don't look as daunting but that doesn't matter because Sega just created market juggernauts that will be able to buy up entire markets and reprice them, if they feel like putting them back up at all. I would not be the least bit surprised if news surfaced that devs informed players, that turned out to be real life friends of theirs, to save up their cash before this change was even announced.

They've made their bed, and now we get to lie in it.

Kanade
Oct 17, 2012, 10:06 PM
Don't mind taking an EX drink now... but as someone who loves affixing weapons... this really sucks that affixes remain the same... now units will be harder to affix since Power III go for 94K on the my shop and barely any decent units drop for me that have even power I one it.

I notice the costumes dropped in price a bit, 600k was more reasonable to me for a pink Miko outfit (got my green yukata back in the day for 400k when it was out of circulation...) but weapons remain the same except in some cases like Helfret being matched by the 6* Sabers which caused it to dropped dramatically... oboros dropped because of the new "katanas" that just outclass it in every way possible... but stuff like quartz calibur remain at 3mil even with no element, grinds, or affixes...

Was thinking about buying a myshop but the current rares I got all dropped in price and such... and the rares I am picking up that may be useful for other people aren't sellable... u_U;;

Ether
Oct 17, 2012, 11:33 PM
I noticed some 8* daggers I found are saying that they require 2 grinders per attempt, is this new or has it always been like that?

Alenoir
Oct 18, 2012, 12:02 AM
Have always been like this. 9* requires 3 grinder. No access to a 10*.

Mike
Oct 18, 2012, 12:09 AM
It's always been like that.

EDIT: Got beaten to the punch but 10 stars need 3 grinders too.

NoiseHERO
Oct 18, 2012, 12:13 AM
Yeeaaaaahhh

I'd rather have an economy on a steady path to things costing 30 mil on average...

Than to continue struggling trying to earn more than 20k even with the vender changes...

Then again I just spent 600k after making the mistake of trusting dudu without having at least 2 mil on hand...

Zorafim
Oct 18, 2012, 11:13 AM
Have always been like this. 9* requires 3 grinder. No access to a 10*.

This is why I swear by 5*s. Even without the ability boost, they're cheap and easy to get to +10. I'm waiting with baited breath for 10*s to compare with 6*s.

Eternal255
Oct 18, 2012, 12:29 PM
It's nothing when the 10*s affixing prices are still bs....such as the success rates.

as much as i would love having 2 or more abilities on a weapon, i was never able to do so before with anything worth keeping. always ended up with nothing but quartz soul on every weapon...

so ill be doing the same with my 10* items D:

Z-0
Oct 18, 2012, 01:07 PM
I'm waiting with baited breath for 10*s to compare with 6*s.
In what sense? For grinding?

Because 10*s (and even the new 7~9*s) completely blow 6*s out of the water. There is simply no comparison providing you can grind the weapon up to a decent level.

eg;

6* Launcher +10: 476 R-Atk
Cannon Legacy +10: 855 R-Atk
SSPN Launcher +10: 877 R-Atk

6* D-Saber at +10: 344 S-Atk
The 10* D-Sabers at +1: 592~630 S-Atk

It might cost you a million to a few, but it is most definitely worth it.

Zorafim
Oct 18, 2012, 01:13 PM
How many grinds are required for 10*s to have a warning chance of succeeding (it's awkward saying that)? That's normally when I stop. If that even compares with a +10 6*, then I'm probably going to end up using it, even if it's not +10. And if it blows 6*s away, then there's no reason not to!

Macman
Oct 18, 2012, 01:14 PM
I hear you can get warning as early as +3 and -1 risk by +2 bahahahahah.

Z-0
Oct 18, 2012, 01:16 PM
If it's really bothersome, just grab one of the new 7~9*s which are easier to grind and are still pretty overpowered. Just good luck finding / buying them considering most of them only drop in Emergency Quests. B)

Zorafim
Oct 18, 2012, 01:16 PM
Lucky I have a perpetually sad face painted on my head, otherwise I'd have to ask you to imagine what my expression is right now.

ShinMaruku
Oct 18, 2012, 01:18 PM
Any change to tekking prices?

I guess even Sega couldn't make Doodoo lower his affixing costs. :-D
When a man is named shit you know you are getting fucked over.

Eternal255
Oct 18, 2012, 01:31 PM
How many grinds are required for 10*s to have a warning chance of succeeding (it's awkward saying that)? That's normally when I stop. If that even compares with a +10 6*, then I'm probably going to end up using it, even if it's not +10. And if it blows 6*s away, then there's no reason not to!

dude you're honestly good up until it says danger, or further.

my flouga is +9 (9* twin dagger) and it maybe only cost me a couple hundred K. same with my jareid (9* gunslash)

and yeah like Z-0 said the new rares have ridiculous damage compared to the 6* weapons, it would definitely be worth a million meseta getting one of those to +10, considering how much money people tend to spend trying to affix something on a weapon (spent over 1.5 million trying to affix my flouga with more than just quartz soul but nothing else ever succeeds except for quartz soul -.-)

valmont
Oct 18, 2012, 02:51 PM
*7-8 is okay i think.
its cheap to grind now.
i used to have a mindset like zorafim, only using vitas *3 & *5 alvas, until banshee roar came out..
it really outdamages my alva *5 mekguns, and the looks.. its so cool xD

gigawuts
Oct 18, 2012, 06:19 PM
I hear you can get warning as early as +3 and -1 risk by +2 bahahahahah.

-1 failiures by +2 is already on 9*'s, so I'm sure you can go back down to 0 with 10*'s.

They really, really, really wanted to sell those grind protections I guess.

I don't even care, I'll get my demo comet and even at +3 it should outperform everything else I have.

jooozek
Oct 18, 2012, 06:59 PM
You can't go back to 0 but I'll tell you one thing, through the 600 grinders I've used on my Stag Cutralli (スタッグカットラリ) I never even got to +8. What I know is that I'll be hunting for the 7-9* rares instead.

Mike
Oct 18, 2012, 07:57 PM
Stag Cutralli (スタッグカットラリ)
That would be the old Stag Cutlery.

Anyways, I wonder if Sega reduced the success rate when it reduced the prices. Sega has made some silent changes before and it wouldn't surprise if making the success rate of grinds reflect their new price.

gigawuts
Oct 18, 2012, 08:02 PM
Honestly, I think 10*'s are the closest this game will get to endgame for a long time.

Extremely powerful weapons that take immense amounts of meseta to get to their max. This was the meseta sink I wanted. Immense rewards for immense costs. The damage on 10*'s is just absurd, and I love it.

My one gripe is I wish it had built-in lucky rise/meseta fever/exp boost/all three so you could try to get your preferred affixes on it.

Asuni
Oct 18, 2012, 09:17 PM
I love the new prices. :3