PDA

View Full Version : Question about Grinding

Miraclearrow
Oct 17, 2012, 09:15 AM
Hello World,

I have been navigating these forums and I'm starting to finally get into the higher level's before the caps (30's to 40's) plus my subclass etc. I been saving grinders in classic original PSO style. Now that I have tons of grinders and money i started grinding my Clock (the force rod ). My question is, I'm reading here that some of you folks are grinding some of your weapons to +10? How is that possible? Do you just need to throw a ton of grinders and money at them? I know there are AC items to make them grind safely, but thats not currently an option. My armor stays safe the entire time I'm grinding them and I got them up to +10. However, my clock right now is max +5 because the fear is that it is dangerous and the penalty is -2 grind and I'm lucky to have even got it up +5 in the first place.

Is it just based on the item? Because like its a 9 star rare so I would assume that it would be heavily grindable.

Anywho, any answers would be greatly appreciated. If this has been mentioned previously, link away. Thanks ^.^

Ce'Nedra
Oct 17, 2012, 09:20 AM
Have to keep going and going till it finnaly gets to +10. Its a long course (specially if you are at +9 and it fails and goes -3) but its doable. Just prepare to spend alot of money and grinders. I also suggest to do it after you updated your PSO today cause the grinding prices might have dropped.

Also the grind protects only protect it if you weapon would be grinded negative when failing (-1, -2, -3). Some prople think it will just make the grind never fail but that's not true.

Also, the more stars (rarity) a weapon or unit has the harder it will be to +10. I can only imagine how 10* weapons/units would grind *sudders*

Macman
Oct 17, 2012, 09:23 AM
It's all down to luck.

Shirokami
Oct 17, 2012, 09:38 AM
Subarashii un ga nai na, kimi wa.

Priest
Oct 17, 2012, 10:11 AM
How come sometimes it says -1 or -3 if it fails, but sometimes it doesn't drop at all? I've failed at +9 plenty of times without seeing it fall after failing o.o

Eternal255
Oct 17, 2012, 10:16 AM
How come sometimes it says -1 or -3 if it fails, but sometimes it doesn't drop at all? I've failed at +9 plenty of times without seeing it fall after failing o.o

Dont complain, just accept it.

It's the highest possible drop value. I've had a -3 drop -2, etc.

Miraclearrow
Oct 17, 2012, 11:25 AM
Subarashii un ga nai na, kimi wa.

^ I see some words I understand and some i dont. Can someone translate lol.

Thanks all for your help. I'm just gonna do my best and try and get my stuff to +10 via throwing grinders and money at it. Thanks so much for all of your answers. I feel like this needs to formally explained somewhere =P

Shirokami
Oct 17, 2012, 11:44 AM

Thanks all for your help. I'm just gonna do my best and try and get my stuff to +10 via throwing grinders and money at it. Thanks so much for all of your answers. I feel like this needs to formally explained somewhere =P

Pay attention to Doo Doo when you fail at grinding ^w^

Alenoir
Oct 17, 2012, 11:50 AM

"You have absolutely no luck, son. *laughs in your face*" See spoiler for a video of someone attempting this.
[spoiler-box]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jI1inspFOc[/spoiler-box]
So when can I actually punch Doodoo?

Anyways, just save up about 500k or something and 700 grinder and start fighting with Doodoo. Sooner or later you'll get it to +10.

Zorafim
Oct 17, 2012, 02:46 PM
I say it's not worth grinding when you get into red warning with -2 grind. Anything before that isn't so bad, but once you hit that spot, it's really hard to get levels. Probably not worth it.
If you use a 5* weapon with 402 required atk, that's pretty easy to get to +10, and provides a huge boost. I always just stick to those, and probably will until I find some amazing 10*s.

Ogni-XR21
Oct 17, 2012, 02:50 PM
It's all down to luck. Yesterday I was grinding a 9 star weapon to +10 in one go without it failing once. While some other time you end up with failing 10 times in a row.

Even worse than grinding items is adding abilities...

Zorafim
Oct 17, 2012, 03:02 PM
I have never added an ability because of all the complaining I hear about it. I don't even know how it's done.

Shirokami
Oct 17, 2012, 03:05 PM
I have never added an ability because of all the complaining I hear about it. I don't even know how it's done.

It's hard but when you succeed it feels good, sooo good.

Miraclearrow
Oct 18, 2012, 09:28 AM
Hey, my +7 clock isn't popping up anymore when i try to grind. Can anyone explain this? Also, i noticed what that jerk says when you fail at grinding.... FML

Zorafim
Oct 18, 2012, 11:09 AM
You probably have it locked. For some reason, you can't grind locked equipment.
"This forum requires that you wait 45 seconds between posts. Please try again in 4 seconds."
I hate that feature sometimes.

Shirokami
Oct 18, 2012, 11:56 AM
Must be locked.

Miraclearrow
Oct 18, 2012, 01:11 PM
<3 you guys ahahah

Ogni-XR21
Oct 18, 2012, 07:11 PM

You should really look into it. Adding another 40 T-ATK to your weapon with a Ragne Soul and/or 20 or 30 with Technique II or III is really worth it. And you can do that with your armor too, right now I have 4 ragne souls on my equipment which adds 160 T-ATK. I does make a difference.

I don't go as far as trying to get Technique III and Ragne Soul on everything, waaay to much hassle. But for my next set I might aim a bit higher than the mandatory Ragne Soul.

Asuni
Oct 18, 2012, 09:19 PM
Why does it have to be +10? What's wrong with +9? haha

eharima
Oct 18, 2012, 09:31 PM

Did you not grow up on Pokemon?

I wanna be the very best...♪♪

Miraclearrow
Oct 19, 2012, 09:31 AM
Thanks to you guys, i got all my items up to +10! It really wasnt that bad somehow... Ok, so my next question... How can I put Ragne souls onto my weapon? Sorry for being new to this but personally i have pokemon syndrome...(I wanna be the very best!)

You should really look into it. Adding another 40 T-ATK to your weapon with a Ragne Soul and/or 20 or 30 with Technique II or III is really worth it. And you can do that with your armor too, right now I have 4 ragne souls on my equipment which adds 160 T-ATK. I does make a difference.

I don't go as far as trying to get Technique III and Ragne Soul on everything, waaay to much hassle. But for my next set I might aim a bit higher than the mandatory Ragne Soul.

Ogni-XR21
Oct 19, 2012, 03:13 PM
I didn't really get it from this explanation until I tried it myself, but maybe it's more help to you: http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-basics-buying-selling-equipping-grinding/#ability

If the target weapon or unit has 2 abilites the source weapon needs to have 2 abilities. To add souls you NEED 2 source items which both have said soul on it.

If the target weapon has no abilities the source weapon can have any number of abilities.

Using the english patch makes this much easier, would have been lost without it.

Mystil
Oct 19, 2012, 04:28 PM

This is the rule of thumb I follow. If I get to +9 in a few tries.. I stop. In the case of my garland, where I got a lucky +8 in just 4 grind attempts, I stopped right there. I was desperate for a better rod too. Sometimes it IS smart to think small.