PDA

View Full Version : What are Gwanda's breakable parts!?

DoubleCannon
Oct 17, 2012, 01:36 PM
Topic!! I am hunting the rare version to get demo comet! However I still do not know what to break on Gwanda (desert Boss) to get max drops. i figured the face, only got 4 drops, tried the tenticles, 4 drops.. i am confused on this boss. Thanks for any help.. p.s is there a block for people are just want to run the desert not play mpa for 2 hours+? I need boss runs! lol

BIG OLAF
Oct 17, 2012, 01:38 PM
There aren't any. Just like the Rockbear.

DoubleCannon
Oct 17, 2012, 01:39 PM
There aren't any. Just like the Rockbear.

really? so how do you get 8+ drops like i have in the past?

BIG OLAF
Oct 17, 2012, 01:41 PM
When you figure that out, you let us know. No one is 100% sure what differentiates between 4/8/whatever drops yet.

blace
Oct 17, 2012, 01:42 PM
really? so how do you get 8+ drops like i have in the past?

Random luck.

Gama
Oct 17, 2012, 01:43 PM
killing all the tenticles usualy helps.

DoubleCannon
Oct 17, 2012, 01:46 PM
ah darn, well good to know so i dont stress over thinking I need to do special things to get more drops. I find with rockbear hitting the face, killing it fast always gets me 4 drops, hitting its arms and stuff has got me 8 drops usually.

NeoRydia
Oct 17, 2012, 02:11 PM
I think how many items pop out has to do with kills. From personal experience if you do an S rank run of a mission the boss at the end will always give the 8 items. Whereas just rushing straight to the boss yields 4. Oftentimes if you do an S rank run with a group and you spawned more then 1 boss at the end or have a boss fight on the way through the map, you will notice that only one, maybe 2 of the bosses will give full drops because you didn't have enough kills to get full drops from all of them. Everyone has had an early boss fight right after joining an MPA right? And every time you seem to get minimum drops, because you havn't killed much of anything yet.

I believe you need a certain amount of kills (actually its probably a point system kind of like S ranks, but kills are easier to explain) to *charge* a crystal enough to make it increase drops. For example lets say you need 100 kills to *charge* a crystal. As your heading through the map to S rank it you get like 150 kills. Then a boss spawns in the MPA. You kill it and get full drops from the crystal. But now your kill count is down to 50. So when you head to the boss area and kill the boss you only get 4 items because you are missing 50 more kills.

This would be why if you just grind in an MPA for a long time you will always get maximum drops from boss crystals. Cause so many things were killed grinding. I would guess that Sega developed a system like this to help prevent boss rushing and reward us for playing through missions more naturally.

BIG OLAF
Oct 17, 2012, 02:43 PM
I think how many items pop out has to do with kills. From personal experience if you do an S rank run of a mission the boss at the end will always give the 8 items. Whereas just rushing straight to the boss yields 4.

Others, including myself, have found this to be false, though. S-ranking a mission seems to have no effect on whether or not you get 8 or 4 drops, as you still randomly get one or the other....or sometimes both, if there's more than one boss at the end (party size 2+, etc.). One will drop 8 items, the others 4, or whatever.

Eternal255
Oct 17, 2012, 02:44 PM
I have heard the same thing NeoRydia mentioned, how many kills you get along the way.

Try killing all tentacles and spawns in boss area if you are just doing quick runs to boss

Alenoir
Oct 17, 2012, 02:50 PM
Others, including myself, have found this to be false, though. S-ranking a mission seems to have no effect on whether or not you get 8 or 4 drops, as you still randomly get one or the other....or sometimes both, if there's more than one boss at the end (party size 2+, etc.). One will drop 8 items, the others 4, or whatever.

Running straight ahead toward free field Vadar without any other kills along the way will yield less drops than if you run into Vadar after killing everything (and more) on your way there.

I personally think it's a combination of how many people you're killing with and how many things you killed along the way. (Would explain the larger amount of Miser drops if you're doing it with an MPA group.)

Z-0
Oct 17, 2012, 03:01 PM
I'm also going to add breaking parts on an enemy does not give a rare a higher drop rate.

Each part broken gives its own drop table, which does not include the rare you will want.

[Ayumi]
Oct 17, 2012, 03:06 PM
What I've noticed is getting it to show it's stomach more than I guess 3 times would get more than 4.
I don't know if less than that would do it but I always get more than 4 drops from a Gwanola-Bar and I usually get it to show it's stomach to me 3 times before killing it.

DoubleCannon
Oct 17, 2012, 04:20 PM
I'm also going to add breaking parts on an enemy does not give a rare a higher drop rate.

Each part broken gives its own drop table, which does not include the rare you will want.

um source? I remember sakai said long ago breaking parts will give more drops, that should give more chances at a rare to drop no? I have never seen it say added drops will not ever contain a rare drop.

eg. 4 of the 8 drops would only have a chance for a rare to show.

Kitoshi
Oct 17, 2012, 05:55 PM
I have heard the same thing NeoRydia mentioned, how many kills you get along the way.

Try killing all tentacles and spawns in boss area if you are just doing quick runs to boss

Then explain how me and a buddy of mine often get only 4 drops from a rockbear, while we just finished roaming the area for ~2-3 hours, sometimes even longer.

It's simply more random number generator stuff imo, sure breaking parts on some bosses increases the amount of items dropped. But for some it's all up to how mercy full the RNG is on your today.

Z-0
Oct 17, 2012, 06:06 PM
um source? I remember sakai said long ago breaking parts will give more drops, that should give more chances at a rare to drop no? I have never seen it say added drops will not ever contain a rare drop.

eg. 4 of the 8 drops would only have a chance for a rare to show.
Here (http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%83%89%E3%83%AD%E3%83%83%E3%83%97%E6% 9D%A1%E4%BB%B6%E3%81%BE%E3%81%A8%E3%82%81) and here (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=200332).

Basically, killing enemies along the way will increase the rare drop rate, but breaking parts just drops more items from a different drop table. Breakable parts aren't going to make your rare have a higher chance to drop (unless the rare specifically comes from said part, such as the Vol units).

Mike
Oct 17, 2012, 07:03 PM
Then explain how me and a buddy of mine often get only 4 drops from a rockbear, while we just finished roaming the area for ~2-3 hours, sometimes even longer.
There are more requirements to increasing the number of boss drops than just getting an s-rank. Coming from this interview (http://www.g-heaven.net/topics/2012/09/120924a.html) Shogai PSO did with the director of PSO2, Yuya Kimura, every quest has an invisible set of points. Each enemy is worth a different amount of points based on it's type and strength and the number of boss drops increases after a certain amount of points has been gained.

I don't expect Kimura to have given away the entire secret of how boss drops work though.

DoubleCannon
Oct 17, 2012, 07:38 PM
Here (http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%83%89%E3%83%AD%E3%83%83%E3%83%97%E6% 9D%A1%E4%BB%B6%E3%81%BE%E3%81%A8%E3%82%81) and here (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=200332).

Basically, killing enemies along the way will increase the rare drop rate, but breaking parts just drops more items from a different drop table. Breakable parts aren't going to make your rare have a higher chance to drop (unless the rare specifically comes from said part, such as the Vol units).

thank u for that, i had no idea of this. so basically it does not matter if i get 4 drops or 8, i still only get 1 chance roll of all drops. wether its 4 or 8, getting 8 will not grant me 4 extra chances of getting say demo comet? am I on the right mark here? lol

simple terms, getting 4 drops grants me exact same chance of finding demo comet as getting 8 drops, the 4 extra would only ever be money and common drops?

gigawuts
Oct 17, 2012, 08:12 PM
That makes sense. I'd hoped it would work that way.

Out of curiosity, does this account for the times where people find two of the same item? I've found two tail units off the same fang banther, and have read about other people having the same thing happen.

I suppose it rolls that you get two rares, then rolls for which one you'll get from each drop independently.

I do wish area 3 code duels had a forced bonus to drops and meseta value, to make boss runs more worthwhile.

Mike
Oct 17, 2012, 08:48 PM
Out of curiosity, does this account for the times where people find two of the same item? I've found two tail units off the same fang banther, and have read about other people having the same thing happen.
Since the tail is a drop of the left and right legs on the Fangs, it's perfectly normal to be able to get doubles. Just the other day during a Varder emergency I got two leg units and two arm units from the same boss.

gigawuts
Oct 17, 2012, 08:50 PM
A ha, that makes perfect sense then. Good system they've set up here.

Engeline
Oct 17, 2012, 10:50 PM
Killing those tentacle things worked great for the Fighter requirements! :D

NeoRydia
Oct 18, 2012, 12:11 AM

Yes I could be wrong but you missed one of my points that can explain these things. If you have say 150 kills and you spawn the 2 bosses at the end. The first boss you kill will give max items because it was *charged* with 100 of the kills. This means you only have 50 kills remaining which would mean the second boss there will only drop the minimum number of items. This is a common occurrence in average S rank runs cause usually you won't end up killing enough mobs for 2 bosses at the end to drop fully.

Same reasoning here, If you fought enough bosses during the MPA that it drained all the kills (or points) out of your pool then you can still have too few remaining to get full drops from the next crystal you encounter.

I am assuming codes will also give you points towards drops too, so it is probable that you could do a boss rush and still get full drops if you ended up leeching enough random codes (avoid/destruction/etc) along the way.

Taurus83
Oct 18, 2012, 10:16 AM
Did try on normal and hard mode still no drop rare item nor either matterboard item too, may I ask how many time I need to kill Gwanda to get shinning item matterboard drop out?

Ana-Chan
Oct 18, 2012, 10:22 AM
Did try on normal and hard mode still no drop rare item nor either matterboard item too, may I ask how many time I need to kill Gwanda to get shinning item matterboard drop out?

How long is a piece of string. That is your answer.

It will drop when it drops. I've had some which dropped first time, and I've had some which have taken 10+ kills to drop.

freyt
Oct 18, 2012, 11:42 AM
Well, as a force, I use Gigrants on the thing all the time, which generally kills every single thing around it.

I don't remember ever only getting 4 drops from the ones I've attacked.

DoubleCannon
Oct 18, 2012, 12:44 PM
just did an awesome mpa of a small desert map, had soo many bosses show up, got like 20 gwandha's, none rare :(.. finding a nero alone is hard as hell lol. i sure hope the demo comet isnt redonk hard drop rate on nero or im so screwed.

oh just want to add, I always got 8 drops when lots of kills were before boss, always 4 if did not kill much before a boss spawn, this was same for the banthers, ragne. always got way more drops when i killed alot more before boss kill. interesting how this worked and i never knew. and explains alot for my past experiences going wtf i broke all parts and i only got 8 drops?? lol

Macman
Oct 18, 2012, 01:12 PM
That doesn't explain how the EQuest Vardha still drops like 30 items on death.

Z-0
Oct 18, 2012, 01:14 PM
Because you break all its parts. Not killing enemies along the way doesn't stop parts from dropping as much as they usually do, you just get less overall.

DoubleCannon
Oct 18, 2012, 03:36 PM
That doesn't explain how the EQuest Vardha still drops like 30 items on death.

easily because you still destroy a ton of parts, however the drops are nothing compared to a full S rank run of the mines, then I get like 2 full rings worth of items, way more than the event boss.