PDA

View Full Version : Is the Game More Populated Now?

Kanivakil
Oct 17, 2012, 03:47 PM
I've deleted this game awhile back; not really waiting for the English version since the patch is already out but I may play the game (Offical English) again when it does come out. Too bad Sega isn't like Steam to where you can find how many people are currently playing the game. The last time I played this, players were just bored, complalined about not having life, and hanging in the lobby all day. Have things changed?

Zorafim
Oct 17, 2012, 03:52 PM
The game hasn't really changed. It's probably more grindy, since there are more levels and client orders. Not to mention more classes, so if you want to level them all (like me), that'll take some grinding. Apparently, there are a million players in the game. Considering WoW's the most popular online game, and it has 10 million, I think that means it's doing pretty good.

But, if you didn't like the game at the start, you probably won't like it now.

Tomeeboy
Oct 17, 2012, 04:03 PM
Sakai did mention recently that they reach more than 60,000 simultaneous connections to the game server daily. Take another MMO, like SWTOR for example, and I'd be really surprised if it would be hitting those kinds of numbers.

Source: http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=503

Asuni
Oct 17, 2012, 04:40 PM
There are plenty of people online at all times. :3

Vashyron
Oct 17, 2012, 04:56 PM
Apparently, there are a million players in the game. Considering WoW's the most popular online game, and it has 10 million, I think that means it's doing pretty good.

A million accounts. Now think about the people who want Alts without paying, those who quit/hardly play at all and the bots.

[Ayumi]
Oct 17, 2012, 05:24 PM
A million accounts. Now think about the people who want Alts without paying, those who quit/hardly play at all and the bots.

Not like other MMOs don't have those same things or anything, right?

Coatl
Oct 17, 2012, 05:43 PM
The last time I played this, players were just bored, complalined about not having life, and hanging in the lobby all day. Have things changed?

People still no-life the lobbies.

Zorafim
Oct 17, 2012, 06:30 PM

s'cool, WoW has those too. I've got the math covered.

supersonix9
Oct 17, 2012, 06:47 PM
Well, the game is certainly booming during JP time.

FenixStryk
Oct 17, 2012, 06:52 PM
It's always fun to see all six Very Hard blocks full during a JP primetime emergency on my ship.

This game isn't dying. I would say it's more populated, but I don't have the numbers to prove or disprove it.

supersonix9
Oct 17, 2012, 07:22 PM
The game is in fact doing better than expected. The game's population should really be judged by the JPN population, given that it's meant to appeal to them.

I would say it's in fact growing. The servers are positively packed with players during JP time, and I can't get in a single VHard channel even though there are 4 or 5 of them.

Mike
Oct 17, 2012, 07:40 PM
;2871053']Not like other MMOs don't have those same things or anything, right?
The difference is that Sega allows you to have alts on a different account.

Mystil
Oct 18, 2012, 05:09 PM
Since I always play during JP prime time(not intentionally), ...8 full blocks...usually. With the others half full. Geez even the lower ones 40+(PB blocks too) fill up near half. Yeah..game is doing good.

Danny_Dark
Oct 20, 2012, 07:22 AM
Is PSO2 Any Good ?, I Mean It Has Good Graphics, But Is That All ?

gigawuts
Oct 20, 2012, 07:24 AM

I would bet real money that most people on the PSO2 section of a forum named PSO World will say that yes, PSO2 is a good game. Especially when you're posting in a thread with comments such as "The game is in fact doing better than expected."

Ogni-XR21
Oct 20, 2012, 09:33 AM

Ich liebe es!

Honestly, if you liked PSO and PSU you will love PSO2.

Flame
Oct 20, 2012, 04:44 PM
Honestly, if you liked PSU you will love PSO2.

fixed. If you liked PSO, loving PSO2 is far from guaranteed as it has much more in common with Universe/Portables. PSO was a dungeon crawler first and foremost. PSO2 doesn't even have any dungeons.

But it does have random boss encounters and those are awesome.

Galax
Oct 20, 2012, 05:03 PM
fixed. If you liked PSO, loving PSO2 is far from guaranteed as it has much more in common with Universe/Portables. PSO was a dungeon crawler first and foremost. PSO2 doesn't even have any dungeons.

What I see here - and please correct me if I'm misunderstanding - is "PSO2 doesn't let me play the way PSO1 was - There's no dungeon crawling, not to mention all the PSU aspects involved."

If that is correct, I disagree. You run around the same maps - and their variants - just like you did in PSO. You did the same thing in PSU. You grind and hunt for rares, just as you did in PSO and just as you did in PSU. The My Shop is a nice touch for those that have it, and a nice goal for those that don't. The Photon Arts, added in PSU, were a good idea - they add at least SOME extra variety to your combat. I don't have to use my long sword like it's a slowmo chop em up a weapon - I could, in PSU, use Tornado Break and let off a fast AoE style slash to flinch any mob unfortunate enough to be nearby. PSO2 has basically the same thing in (correct me if I get the name wrong) Nova Strike. Even better, they went back to the PSO style of Disks - You find a certain level attack, and if you have the stats you can use it - None of the bullshit "LOL SPAM THIS ATTACK THIRTY THOUSAND TIMES AND YOU'LL BE ABLE TO USE A SECOND PART" style employed by PSU. However, PSO had it's fault with the disks because you could just borrow a friend's mag and a few units and learn Grants on a lv10 Force. That was remedied with making certain items not boost base stats - This is employed in both PSU and PSO2.

Tl;dr? Just because PSU wasn't great all the time 24/7, and just because PSO2 has aspects of PSU in it, doesn't mean that you had to like PSU to like PSO2 in the way of games you played previously. A few of my friends hated PSU - Quit within a week of starting. They happily went back to a certain PSO server and had a good time.

Guess which of those I've been hearing are on PSO2.

Of course, if the first statement isn't what you meant, feel free to entirely disregard this, with my apologies for misinterpreting you.

Chik'Tikka
Oct 20, 2012, 05:08 PM
^ PSO2 has playable robots and androids in an mmo+^_^+ PSO1 does too, as does PSU and all the other online ones+^_^+ WoW?? still using bows and arrows like the primitives they are+^_^+

Arika
Oct 20, 2012, 10:24 PM
There are problem about lacking normal/hard mode population thought. I wonder how will sega deal with it to make it appeal to new players.

gigawuts
Oct 20, 2012, 10:27 PM

I felt similarly at first, but after you do some solo MPAing it starts feeling like PSO proper. The mines in particular carries that vibe.

Daveach
Oct 22, 2012, 03:18 PM
There are problem about lacking normal/hard mode population thought. I wonder how will sega deal with it to make it appeal to new players.

Indeed, but i think thats another reason for sub-classes.
I must say its a bit hard to find a decently populated MPA in Normal, but for Hard i have no problems (yet). Im still low-lvld because i cant play often, but for now its not a problem (at least on ship2)

Coatl
Oct 22, 2012, 05:06 PM
I feel there are not enough new players joining the PSO2 bandwagon.
Which is bad. Baaaaad.

If there aren't enough new people to play with the other new people, a lot of new players will get sick of solo leveling and just quit the game.