PDA

View Full Version : series of rapid freezes error?

Cry0
Oct 18, 2012, 02:35 PM
I just got a new pc, and i noticed that when I was playing pso2, I would end up with some sort of weird bug that really annoys me!

the screen freezes for a second, and then the game continues for like 10 seconds, then it freezes again (the sound also makes a bzzzzzzzzzz sound every time.

Anyone had this? know how to fix it ?

(and yes, obviously, the pc is powerful enough)

Shirokami
Oct 18, 2012, 02:50 PM
It's called Seizure.

Ce'Nedra
Oct 18, 2012, 02:56 PM
I have it as well Cryo, its like PSO's FSOD all over again. I first thought it was my PC but if more people have it it might be server/gameguard.

For me however it doesnt go on after 10 secs and i need to shut it down with the power button cause nothing responds.

Shirokami
Oct 18, 2012, 03:03 PM
I have it as well Cryo, its like PSO's FSOD all over again. I first thought it was my PC but if more people have it it might be server/gameguard.

For me however it doesnt go on after 10 secs and i need to shut it down with the power button cause nothing responds.

That's what happened to me when I had Avast Installed.

Cry0
Oct 18, 2012, 03:42 PM

I dont have a freeze of the pc, it's more like a strobe effect.

I do have avast installed... blah, I'll uninstall that and see if it's better.

Ce'Nedra
Oct 18, 2012, 04:08 PM
I also use Avast hmmm...would suck, Avast is IMO the best free antivirus you can get. Need to look into it I guess.

Coatl
Oct 18, 2012, 04:32 PM

What I do is open task manager and end the PSO2 Process.
I've also been having some freezes. I've also never had a freeze/gamecrash like this in PSO2 until just recently.

jooozek
Oct 18, 2012, 04:40 PM
I'm getting randomly a massive FPS drop to 10 fps, mouse lag comes with it, when it happens my card is still in 3d mode but 0% load, temps are normal when it happens :-?

Asmodios
Oct 19, 2012, 02:21 AM
I have mcafee and it happens to me. Buzzing sound occurred, then the color of the pixals turned green and purple, only thing I can do is a manual shutdown. I thought it was my computer so I restored it. The game runs smoother, but it still happens WAY to frequently. I'm really happy this thread exist so we can try to find a solution. It's an annoying problem with serious concequences on our machines.

Phantom Rain
Oct 19, 2012, 02:43 AM
I just had a freeze in the forest e mission just a few minutes ago. had to use the task manager to close it.

Ce'Nedra
Oct 19, 2012, 03:45 AM
Seems this is either gameguard, virus scanners or the game itself and not our PC's. Good to know that at least, I was at the point to even send it to repairs.

@Coatl: When it happends to me I can do nothing, nothing responds. I can only fix it by shutting down the hard way.

Gama
Oct 19, 2012, 04:08 AM
I also use Avast hmmm...would suck, Avast is IMO the best free antivirus you can get. Need to look into it I guess.

:3

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/pt/f/f5/Logo_Windows_Defender-pt.PNG

Never had issues ever again.

Also OP

post system, Antivirus and anything relevant that could have issues with gg, like daemon tools or other "things"

Ce'Nedra
Oct 19, 2012, 06:31 AM
Since when does a stone wall protect me from creepy scary viruses and other stuff when i browse mah pronz?

Shirokami
Oct 19, 2012, 07:49 AM
Since when does a stone wall protect me from creepy scary viruses and other stuff when i browse mah pronz?

Viruses can also cause problems with GG you know...

Gama
Oct 19, 2012, 07:50 AM

ok....

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=17

Ce'Nedra
Oct 19, 2012, 07:56 AM
ok....

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=17

I never trust anything from M$ when it comes to that stuff tbh. The OS is good but that's it.

Gama
Oct 19, 2012, 08:07 AM
no issues whatsoever. using it for about 2 months now.

Ce'Nedra
Oct 19, 2012, 08:09 AM
Well thats all good and well, I just have bad expierences with M$ so i try to avoid using its stuff as much I can.

Anyway I'll try it out with shutting down Avast and see how that goes.

gigawuts
Oct 19, 2012, 08:32 AM
Windows Defender is supposedly amazingly good and surprised a lot of the tech community with just how awesome it is.

It's worth at least looking into.

Ce'Nedra
Oct 19, 2012, 08:37 AM
Hmm I'll give it a try then. Thanks for pointing out.

Gama
Oct 19, 2012, 08:49 AM
currently running win8

works flawlessly, and it dosent nag you.