PDA

View Full Version : Has any hunter notice...

TimelessDbz
Oct 18, 2012, 04:02 PM
With the spinning sword PA ( Looks like tornado break imo) you can fly up with it?

I might be late on this but I was just wondering any other hunter notice it too.

jooozek
Oct 18, 2012, 04:04 PM
No clue what's tornado break :-?
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0Akbdpi65EON1dGRTd2hqNXBQMW1Lak9SOFJKM1Utb UE&gid=10
Find it here and do tell which one you mean, by I guess you mean Rising Edge and how it's chargeable?

Coatl
Oct 18, 2012, 04:06 PM
He means Nova strike.
Lol, I LOVE jumping and unleashing Nova Strike.

TimelessDbz
Oct 18, 2012, 04:09 PM
Ya nova strike. Like when you charge it from the ground you can jump up into the air during the animation and keep going up until the animation of nova strike is over.

Z-0
Oct 18, 2012, 04:11 PM
This happens with a lot of things. Whenever I jump slightly up and release a Technic, I keep rising, and this also occurs with Deadly Archer.

I never do this with Sonic Arrow so I can't say, but I don't use any other PAs so I wouldn't have noticed.

jooozek
Oct 18, 2012, 04:13 PM
Had no clue it did that, but I guess this changes nothing to me as I hate anything that knocks stuff around. Good for you.

TimelessDbz
Oct 18, 2012, 04:16 PM
Thought it was pretty cool when I did it on a giant spider but I did not know it happens with Technics I need to try that.

Coatl
Oct 18, 2012, 04:19 PM
It works with pretty much ANY PA/tech. Not just for Nova strike.
It's not really all that useful though, it's just there.

BIG OLAF
Oct 18, 2012, 04:26 PM
Had no clue it did that, but I guess this changes nothing to me as I hate anything that knocks stuff around. Good for you.

So, you hate everything in the game, save for a few rifle PAs?

Z-0
Oct 18, 2012, 04:28 PM
I think by "knocks stuff around", he means stuff that doesn't knockback or knock-up and make enemies out of reach.

I'm exactly the same.

Coatl
Oct 18, 2012, 04:30 PM
Obviously someone hasn't gotten the new zan tech, Nazan.
It turns enemies into your rag dolls and it's the most amusing thing ever. + ^ _ ^ +

jooozek
Oct 18, 2012, 04:37 PM
So, you hate everything in the game, save for a few rifle PAs?

Have you ever used a charged up Nova Strike? Maybe people don't try to be considerate but hey, I do so I don't use stuff that just randomly knocks stuff out for a mile so I don't have to run to that myself too. Nothing irks me more too than having a gunner shot something up and half of the MPA just watch as that guy keeps juggling a monster and no one able to reach it aside of that gunner. I guess some people like to watch paint dry?

Macman
Oct 18, 2012, 05:03 PM
Nothing irks me more too than having a gunner shot something up and half of the MPA just watch as that guy keeps juggling a monster and no one able to reach it aside of that gunner. I guess some people like to watch paint dry?
Try it yourself and you'll see why people do it. It's fun as hell.

BIG OLAF
Oct 18, 2012, 05:16 PM
Have you ever used a charged up Nova Strike?

Yes, I do.

jooozek
Oct 18, 2012, 05:34 PM
Try it yourself and you'll see why people do it. It's fun as hell.

I don't really find fun in repeating actions that cause myself grief.

Galax
Oct 18, 2012, 05:43 PM
You wouldn't be feeling grief as the juggler - and if someone is juggling a mob out of your reach, for god's sake, say something. If they have a decent bone in their body they'll let it fall..

Of course half the time mobs die before you get a chance to juggle them as a Gunner in an MPA, from what I've seen.

Z-0
Oct 18, 2012, 05:43 PM
It's kind of hard to say something when they happen to be Japanese.

Macman
Oct 18, 2012, 06:05 PM
I honestly get more annoyed when people cause a monster to teleport across the room because they used a grappling move, though that's more the fault of the game's netcode than the player in question.

darkante
Oct 19, 2012, 04:21 AM
Juggling doesnīt bother me as much since there is usually something else i can grab.
Now blinding light from magic bothers me a hell lot more specially in burst and big parties, but i canīt do much about that.

Touka
Oct 19, 2012, 04:37 AM
To be fair Nova Strike isn't nearly as bad as wired lance pas barring the new ones they added.

NoiseHERO
Oct 19, 2012, 04:43 AM
Wait what? no matter what you do unless you're in a shitty MPA most things die in 2 seconds...

How are you making an issue out of one monster being juggled... e_e;;;

I KNOW IT'S FOR THE SAKE OF ARGUMENT! YOU DON'T HAVE TO LIE!

jooozek
Oct 19, 2012, 04:56 AM
Wait what? no matter what you do unless you're in a shitty MPA most things die in 2 seconds...

How are you making an issue out of one monster being juggled... e_e;;;

I KNOW IT'S FOR THE SAKE OF ARGUMENT! YOU DON'T HAVE TO LIE!

If everything in your MPAs dies in 2 seconds, then you should stop playing with RMT bots, might get yourself banned :-?

NoiseHERO
Oct 19, 2012, 05:14 AM
If everything in your MPAs dies in 2 seconds, then you should stop playing with RMT bots, might get yourself banned :-?

Nah I just play in random JP MPAs, where everyone works together and only cares about damage and getting to the next monster.

A whole wave of monsters will be gone in like 5 seconds. It you're not running right next to them or using a ranged weapon. You're notting getting a hit in before the guy in front of you does and it's dead after 6 people nuked it at once.

"worse" case scenario I just take out my gunslash and only shoot.

So yeah, juggling issue sounds petty to me. Maybe you're just playing in shitty MPAs. :S

jooozek
Oct 19, 2012, 05:25 AM
Nah I just play in random JP MPAs, where everyone works together and only cares about damage and getting to the next monster.

A whole wave of monsters will be gone in like 5 seconds. It you're not running right next to them or using a ranged weapon. You're notting getting a hit in before the guy in front of you does and it's dead after 6 people nuked it at once.

"worse" case scenario I just take out my gunslash and only shoot.

So yeah, juggling issue sounds petty to me. Maybe you're just playing in shitty MPAs. :S

Leech with a gunslash isn't really "working together" and not every MPA consists of 6 ranger and 6 forces so you can take those perfect case scenarios to yourself.

NoiseHERO
Oct 19, 2012, 05:32 AM
Leech with a gunslash isn't really "working together" and not every MPA consists of 6 ranger and 6 forces so you can take those perfect case scenarios to yourself.

I said that's what I had to use if I was in the back of the group most of the time. But good job jumping on the gunslash comment. Otherwise I'd be in the front too using sonic aero (yeah that's right all classes have their over powered spammy range move.)

And yeah these "perfect" scenarios are what I've had at least the last dozen full MPAs I've been in.

"Gunslash leeching" or my "perfect scenario" aside, I've still never been in a situation where someone juggling a monster till I couldn't reach it has been a big deal.

Z-0
Oct 19, 2012, 05:34 AM
Juggling is annoying because the enemies that are usually juggled are the larger ones which take longer to kill (such as Wondas, Garongos, etc.). Because the enemy is juggled halfway into the air, many people can't touch it or will have trouble attacking the enemy, which causes the enemy to not die in a mere 2~5 seconds.

I find it very annoying when people do this, as spawns last longer than they should, and it's only aggravating knowing you can't do anything, while moving to the next spawn will segregate the party and most likely cause the next spawn to have less enemies.

gigawuts
Oct 19, 2012, 05:35 AM
Yeah, I've been playing with JP's in MPA's lately myself, and boy oh boy if I can't get there in about 2 seconds I can't even hit it.

I forgot what it was like to be in a decent MPA, also I forgot what it was like to make meseta. I haven't been in a good one since yesterday though, every time I join an MPA it's with a bunch of people who think spreading out is the best way to get shit done.

Anyway every class has attacks on multiple weapons that hit enemies at short-medium range, which is what juggling is. Rising edge, speed rain, trick rave, daggers, aerial shooting, techs, anything on a ranger, etc. If you find that your current strategy does not work, perhaps look into changing that strategy.

Syklo
Oct 19, 2012, 07:05 AM
uhm, can someone explain the OP, as in how you can "fly up" while still using nova strike?
And someone said it can be used for other PA's too...............i tried jumping and then using the pa but nothing special happened......

gigawuts
Oct 19, 2012, 07:07 AM
If you use a PA very shortly after jumping you can sometimes continue to rise up during the attack animation. I think it has to do with the way the game handles jumping and acceleration. It's noticeable, but doesn't really let you do anything except slowly float up about half a foot.

Nova strike is one of the moves you can see it the most easily during. Actually, I don't even know if it can be done with all attacks, but I know it can be done with some and I think they're all chargeable.

Acel
Oct 19, 2012, 02:24 PM
Obviously someone hasn't gotten the new zan tech, Nazan.
It turns enemies into your rag dolls and it's the most amusing thing ever. + ^ _ ^ +

I use it on my Knuckle FiFo and I pretend to shout "Rasengan!" when I unleash it on a mob close to a wall (and watched them bounce of it spinning like a top) :D

Coatl
Oct 19, 2012, 03:26 PM
I use it on my Knuckle FiFo and I pretend to shout "Rasengan!" when I unleash it on a mob close to a wall (and watched them bounce of it spinning like a top) :D

Even better is when you use Razan to life the enemy into the air, and THEN use Nazan. They go flying farther! /o/

Wait wait wait. Using a gunslash is leeching now? This is news to me.
Unless you mean when I pull out my Axeon in MPs, in which case I hope people find it cool-looking enough to forgive.