PDA

View Full Version : Not sure if I want to play anymore....

jtenma
Oct 19, 2012, 06:14 AM
Pretty much screwed up on my skill tree for Force. Because the way it is laid out is confusing.. I was spending points in a pre requisite that I dint have to spend points on...

I put all those points into burn chance like a fool... just killed my drive to play.

...someone, cheer me up :C Wish I had friends that played, I would re-create my character to level with them :C

Whit
Oct 19, 2012, 06:16 AM
What level are you?

If you're past 25 or so, I'd just buy some AC and fix the skill tree.

jtenma
Oct 19, 2012, 06:23 AM
What level are you?

If you're past 25 or so, I'd just buy some AC and fix the skill tree.

20 :/

EDIT: Man I'm depressed. So bummed :(

CelestialBlade
Oct 19, 2012, 06:30 AM
Could always remake your character, getting back to 20 shouldn't be difficult. As long as it's your original character slot it's free to remake.

jtenma
Oct 19, 2012, 06:33 AM
Could always remake your character, getting back to 20 shouldn't be difficult. As long as it's your original character slot it's free to remake.

Thing is. Myhunter (my main class) is lv 40. My fighter (also on this char) is lv 24.

WOW getting more depressed.

gigawuts
Oct 19, 2012, 06:46 AM
10-20 is pretty smooth leveling, I say restart and use your new knowledge to make more informed decisions. How's your mag? I'd avoid going straight striking with it, a lot of people dislike delphinus' lift grab attack because it lifts enemies out of their attacks.

jtenma
Oct 19, 2012, 06:51 AM
10-20 is pretty smooth leveling, I say restart and use your new knowledge to make more informed decisions. How's your mag? I'd avoid going straight striking with it, a lot of people dislike delphinus' lift grab attack because it lifts enemies out of their attacks.

But I'm level 40 :( 10-20 is smooth, but...lv 40? lv 24, AND lv 20 again isnt. :(

Why did they make it like this?

**STARTS CRYING**

gigawuts
Oct 19, 2012, 06:52 AM
Wait, are you level 20 or 40? You just said a few posts back that you were level 20.

Keii
Oct 19, 2012, 07:14 AM
Thing is. Myhunter (my main class) is lv 40. My fighter (also on this char) is lv 24.

WOW getting more depressed.
Buy some AC and add a new skill tree (I think it's still cheaper than resetting your current one). It's not so expensive.

Resanoca
Oct 19, 2012, 07:17 AM
Wait, are you level 20 or 40? You just said a few posts back that you were level 20.Hunter is LV40, Force is LV20. D:

jtenma
Oct 19, 2012, 07:22 AM
Hunter is LV40, Force is LV20. D:

Correct. I leveled a hunter to 40 when that was cap. Then Fighter came out. Leveled that to 24. wanted FI/FO combo so I leveled that (which seemingly took forever since no one plays with me) to lv 20.

*DEPRESSED* All that exp...wasted. I guess I could go through the pain of trying to buy AC with Japanese currency. Sigh***

Shirokami
Oct 19, 2012, 07:26 AM
Which ship are you in?

gigawuts
Oct 19, 2012, 07:28 AM
Correct. I leveled a hunter to 40 when that was cap. Then Fighter came out. Leveled that to 24. wanted FI/FO combo so I leveled that (which seemingly took forever since no one plays with me) to lv 20.

*DEPRESSED* All that exp...wasted. I guess I could go through the pain of trying to buy AC with Japanese currency. Sigh***

Er, pain? It's easy. Honestly, it's easier than several english sites. Use google chrome with its built-in translator, get an american express prepaid card off the american express site (the kind with your name on it, NOT the kind you buy in a store), and just use that card.

It's pretty easy, no JP currency required or exchange rates to worry about.

Shirokami
Oct 19, 2012, 07:37 AM
Er, pain? It's easy. Honestly, it's easier than several english sites. Use google chrome with its built-in translator, get an american express prepaid card off the american express site (the kind with your name on it, NOT the kind you buy in a store), and just use that card.

It's pretty easy, no JP currency required or exchange rates to worry about.

Heeeey, how do those prepaid cards work and what are the requirements to get one?

Angelo
Oct 19, 2012, 07:45 AM
The amount of moping is irritating.

Just buy 1000 AC with webmoney. It'll run you about 16 USD.

jtenma
Oct 19, 2012, 08:00 AM
The amount of moping is irritating.

Just buy 1000 AC with webmoney. It'll run you about 16 USD.

You are irritated?

Glad we have something in common.

Miraclearrow
Oct 19, 2012, 09:24 AM
Worst case scenario, if you are REALLY that concerned, just do the tekker quest and switch to Hunter/Techer. It really doesnt make much difference if you're going for the attacking caster style build and you could boost yourself using the shifta and deband boosts anyways. I dunno :S. Its not the end of the world...

Zorafim
Oct 19, 2012, 09:38 AM
Your spec doesn't need to be perfect. Yeah, burn chance probably lowers your DpS by 10%, but that shouldn't be noticeable. And it'll even out in future patches. Just try to fix it as you level. You still have 40 more points to use.

TheAstarion
Oct 19, 2012, 10:00 AM
FI/FO

FI/TE and TE/FI are cool combos... if I were you I'd just stick with Force to lv30 then abandon it forever once you unlock Techer. Unless you're specifically wanting to be a Force, Techer has much more melee-appropriate stats, and has skills on its trees that make a better subclass (in my opinion).

If you haven't tried it already, take a look at the skill simulator at http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.html - clicking once on the tree on your "target" skill will automatically fill in all the prerequisites for you.

I personally will be buying more skill trees to take advantage of the higher level cap and the new options offered to "pure" levelled trees. I messed up my Force tree by one point when the level cap was 30, had to wait until lv31 was released to get everything I wanted. Eventually you may get what you want in spite of wasted skill pips, but I know how frustrating it is not to be able to reset or undo skill-ups.

TecherRamen
Oct 19, 2012, 10:19 AM
https://www.americanexpress.com/us/content/prepaid/american-express-prepaid-card.html

you can use these to charge AC if youre in the USA. You dont need to go through a third party like sutocorp.

maybe show us what your tree is? it might not be that bad after all..?
http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/

jtenma
Oct 19, 2012, 10:21 AM
FI/TE and TE/FI are cool combos... if I were you I'd just stick with Force to lv30 then abandon it forever once you unlock Techer. Unless you're specifically wanting to be a Force, Techer has much more melee-appropriate stats, and has skills on its trees that make a better subclass (in my opinion).

If you haven't tried it already, take a look at the skill simulator at http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.html - clicking once on the tree on your "target" skill will automatically fill in all the prerequisites for you.

I personally will be buying more skill trees to take advantage of the higher level cap and the new options offered to "pure" levelled trees. I messed up my Force tree by one point when the level cap was 30, had to wait until lv31 was released to get everything I wanted. Eventually you may get what you want in spite of wasted skill pips, but I know how frustrating it is not to be able to reset or undo skill-ups.

Your spec doesn't need to be perfect. Yeah, burn chance probably lowers your DpS by 10%, but that shouldn't be noticeable. And it'll even out in future patches. Just try to fix it as you level. You still have 40 more points to use.

THanks all. I actually feel better now. ^.^ THanks, I mean it!

You too, techer! Thanks.

EDIT: The idea for me at least was to be a elemental fighter. If that makes any sense... I like the idea of creating someone who can beat you up with those "buster knuckles" then throw out a fire attack! Also, healing yourself means less money/time spent on healing items.

Plus no matter what I do, I always felt like I had an "affinity" for healing others. It is just how I am. I worry about others life bars all the time. (I go kind of crazy over stuff like that)

Dammy
Oct 19, 2012, 10:24 AM
or just start over again, 40/20 is nothing
you can be 40/40 in a week

Acel
Oct 19, 2012, 01:54 PM
Level 20 is just 20 points... how much can you screw up anyway?
You get up to 55 points by level 50 and theres another skill point Client Order at level 47...
I wished I had added burn...if you added 5 points, its PERFECT. =_=

Griffin
Oct 19, 2012, 02:24 PM
Honestly, I hardly give my Skill Tree much consideration. It's really not a factor in deciding my stay in the game.

Zorafim
Oct 19, 2012, 02:46 PM
A 25% boost to damage means you'll kill enemies in 4 hits instead of 5. 10% means 10 hits instead of 11. There's no point in stressing over those kinds of numbers. Skill and strategy make a much bigger difference.
Besides. Burning Mammoths is fun.

Shirokami
Oct 19, 2012, 02:49 PM
or just start over again, 40/20 is nothing
you can be 40/40 in a week

No job/studies?

Level 20 is just 20 points... how much can you screw up anyway?
You get up to 55 points by level 50 and theres another skill point Client Order at level 47...
I wished I had added burn...if you added 5 points, its PERFECT. =_=

How many skillpoints?

Zorafim
Oct 19, 2012, 02:53 PM
60 skill points at lv50. 45 at 40. 30 at 30. Seems like a consistent 15 skill points every ten levels, after lv30.
I wish I could link builds using the new skill tree so I can try to fix up your "Broken" tree. A little tip, though? If two skills give the same skillups every level, balance them out. Two 5% increases add up to more than one 10% increase. Not by much, but every little bit helps, right?

Mystil
Oct 19, 2012, 02:55 PM
Guess you would be low on the Tech Charge bracket, but that's it.